April 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: April 2013

I just got back in and it's "open the windows" day.  Beautiful out, a little breeze, but good to clear the house out.

Making a salad and THEN, will sit down and start the new South Beach Diet Book, "South Beach Wake-Up Call".  That will be after my salad and a beer!  Went on the South Beach diet when the book came out, and lost 10 lbs.  But, of course, me and my baking, it soon crept back on.  Mmmm, I see this has menus and recipes in the back.  Found that helpful with the first one, which I bought at the time, so still have.

Smart son, Winter to think of sticking the rulers in.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

TT, it was smart DH that thought of the rulers. He is an engineer afterall. Glad you got to get out and enjoy the day, it looks nice. Have a good lunch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Good luck with South Beach, tt.  I never could get on board with that one - something about the food cominations just didn't appeal to me at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think what  helped me last time and will this time if I stick to cutting out the type of sweets I eat.  See this isn't really a diet book, it's a get up and move book too, clearing out the clutter etc., which I love.  I may just have to go out and buy this one like I did the first.  Right now enjoying some pumpkin seeds - they're allowed, aren't they?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Its always the sweets.  Someone should figure out a sweets-based diet. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to Novembride's comment:

I once lost 30 pounds on what someone called my famous donut diet.  A bismark and a diet coke for breakfast (at 11 am) and a 4 ounce hamburger with ketchup for dinner.  And that was it except for tea and water.  Needless to say, I only kept it off for 4 years, but, they were 4 good years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, I've skimmed through this book and won't be buying it.  Recipes aren't things I like or would eat. Wasted this afternoon, haven't really done much except freeze some strawberries. Y&R was on, but other regular programs aren't, even on their sister channel.  Until there is some break in finding who is responsible for the bombing, I'm taking a break from watching repeats of the scenes shown yesterday.

Clouding up a bit here and the wind seems to be picking up.  Yesterday there were sparrows and robins gathering nest building material - plenty of it on my gardens that didn't get a final raking in the fall.  Theyd gather it up and fly across the street - except for a couple who are intent on building again in the topiary they usually hang out in - problem is, it looks as tho it's dying to me, and probably will be cut down by G.T.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Won't let me go in and make correction of next to nest building material - won't let me even add ETA: to the previous post.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Back from a sucessful shopping trip (yes, the bra saga is over!) and fabulous time with my old friend, newly retired and loving it.  She has so many sticks in the fire, things she's been pining to have time to do.

tt, if you want to lose weight and eat your treats, try LoseIt.  You can eat whatever you want, but you have to average your daily budget, however you want to "spend" it.  Treat today?  Go under budget tomorrow.  My mom has lost 14 lbs since starting it in January.

JC, you SAW the second tower go down - how awful!  It must have been particularly stressful for you yesterday combining those feelings from your first experience with the current one.

Winter, great photo - I hope the experiment proves interesting and fun!

ok, to the days chores. :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In response to Novembride's comment:

There is one, LoseIt...you can eat whatever you want, just log it and fit it into your calorie budget.  Go over budget one day?  Go under the next.  No problem.  My mom has lost 14 lbs since starting the log in January after decadesof deprivation, tears, and no success.

just returned from a very successful shopping trip (yes, you will be spared any more bra chat!) and fabulous lunch with my dear friend.  

must cut this short as I did post and it went POOF!  I must get to the day's tasks and then on to dinner...it's 4 already?!

ETA:  huh, there it is.  Oh, well, I have to run!  No time to fix it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Nooo, I don't really want to lose weight.  Just saw this book on display at the library and thought, what the heck.  Didn't spur me on as I leafed through it.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, misunderstood, sorry!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No, the fault wasn't on your part, anyone reading my post would have thought I was serious about losing weight.  I'm not motivated to do that.  The book might have spurred me on, but didn't reach me.

Has anyone else noticed a big delay from when we hit "add your post" and the time the post actually comes up?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks. :)

Yes, that's what happened to me above and why I posted something similar minutes apart.  When my second post posted, my first appeared.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT, I think that Boston.com is still experiencing problems related to the high volume they have experience since yesterday's bombings.  I was logged out suddenly; that hasn't happened in a long time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Of course, that makes sense about the high volume effecting the posting speed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, I was logged out briefly, too.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

Yeah, I was logged out briefly, too.  

I think they may have crashed part of their system.  I had another wierd thing happen after I posted the previous message.  The New York Times and the London Telegraphy also have good Boston coverage.  The Telegraph allows you to read 20 articles/month free telegraph.co.uk

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I thought Fox did a good job this morning, too, on TV.  They had Dr. Keith in the studio from Boston...I like him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

error

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Looks like a nice day here.  Sun is shining, none of the wind I heard during the night.  First thing I saw when I opened the blinds were sparrows, crackles, robins, busy with their nest building again.  They know just the place to go for their supplies - my gardens!

Glad your shopping expedition was successful, Kargiver.  You hit the right place finally.  Were you as lucky with anything on Nordstrom's mark down racks?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Indeed, a gorgeous Spring day, already!  DH set up a remote thermometer in the greenhouse so we don't have to open the door to check it - 53 in there right now, probably what it is outside.

Thanks!!  I'm so happy even though two are coming (free shipping) in another color they didn't have in stock.  I had to skip the sale rack browsing because my main mission took longer than I thought it would, and I had lunch plans with my friend I didn't want to call and put off not knowing what she had planned.  Next time - I'll definitely go back to Nordstrom next time I lunch East.

Sending DH off - more later

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Sorry to be nosy Kar, but how were the bra prices at Nordstrom?  And what did they have for brands?  I'm vicariously researching through you in case my "old faithful" doesn't work when I go back to it. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OH, NO, Winter, I'm sooooo sorry!!!  Prayers with you and your family...hugs, too.