April 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: April 2013

WINTER, I hope my first post appears at some point, but in case it's gone, I'm so sorry - thoughts, prayers, and tears for your family.

Nov, my latest LoseIt post - if it ever pops up - answers allreadymarried's similar question there.  As for brands, they have their whole selection online, but I recall Wacoal, Simone Perelle (sp?), and Natori off the top of my head, but I was only focused on manufactures that make my size - they had LOTS of stuff, though, in a wide range of prices, and very helpful, friendly staff...like it USED to be at Lady Grace.  (I almost wrote Lady Gracie)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, Winter.  I'm so sorry.  Please know we are all thinking of you and sending prayers up for  your entire family.  Such a tragedy.  Remember we are here if you want to lean on us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think you should write them.  Have you ever watched undercover boss?  Lots of time the main management doesn't realize how things have slipped in some of their location stores.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, I definitely will, tt - but, before I do, I'd like to visit a couple more LG stores to see if Shrewsbury representative of the brand, now, or if it's a sad anomoly.  Either way, I'll bring that store to Corporate's attention.  I LOVE that Undercover Boss show, too - I DVR it and usually end up crying at the end.

I still can't believe Winter's post...  Winter, you know our hearts are broken for you...even as the chat goes on as usual.  It's not as usual, really, as tears are dripping down my face.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Sorry to hear about your loss.
    I had a few close calls but thankfully all are safe!
    The world has changed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Winter, my heart is with you and your family.  God bless.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Dear Winter, I am so sorry to hear this.  If you need us we are here as much or as little as we can be.  I can only imagine the level of hurt and anger you must feel.  I feel for all the members of your family and for your son.  Virtual hugs to you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Dear Winter, my original post to you has disappeared but I want you to know that we are sending virtual hugs kisses and strength to you as you and your family deal with this senseless and terrible loss.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

(hats, if you would edit your first post to not include Winter's original - she is going to remove hers before long to preserve her anon)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

(hats, if you would edit your first post to not include Winter's original -

I did that before I saw your post.  Boston.com is slow, slow, slow today; I refreshed 3 times before reposting; that one appeared immediately!  Also, I noticed that my 'ignore' settings disappeared twice in the last two days.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thank you all so much for your words. I am blessed to have you all.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, we are heartbroken.  such a beautiful person by every account.  (Should I remove this?)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

The edit function has disappeared from my version of this forum; anyone else see that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I have edit.  I think the software is overloaded by traffic, and we'll see odd behavior for awhile as the forum software has to operate at maximum BDC traffic rates.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, you don't have to remove it. Thank you. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OK, that's good - I have the edit button but am not able to post actual changes I make.

How are you doing?  Are you home with family, I hope?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, it must be so hard to try to explain this to your son.  Thinking of you today as I was out and about in stores, and of course there were families going about their daily business, picking up rakes and leaf bags, kids in tow.  We don't stop to think sometimes how quickly in a flash it can all change.  Sending a hug.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I actually am at work, as there is nothing we can do right now. Will be leaving shortly to go take DS to the doctor (Boston :() He saw the newscast the same time we did Monday, none of us new as we had been watching a movie. He questioned "why" and I told him I had no idea. I told him about it last night and he was sad, but ok. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, I'm doing ago, hard not to see something, you know?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

At work?  OMG, you can't concentrate on work...at least you have to leave soon, but to go to Boston?  I can imagine you are trying to avoid the media coverage...

Continued best wishes and prayers

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just heard on CNN that FBI has arrested someone.  There originally was a new media broadcast set for 5:00, but wonder if they will hold one before then.  

Good work, FBI, State Police, MA Police and all others involved in the investigation!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Don't get too excited,  yet...

Remember The Boston Strangler case? 

The wrong guy went to prison for a long time (actually he died in prison).  

Ps: Don't forget Richard A Jewell

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Quite interesting actually to listen to how they put together various pics from security cameras, peoples cameras, and also someone who worked in Lord and Taylor, I believe, who was snapping pics just before the blasts.  He didn't realize until he got home and downloaded them that in one of them there was a man running in the opposite direction of everyone else, even leaping over a woman who had fallen to the ground. - so says CNN reporting anyway.  they are all quite excited, so there may be some mis information there, but at least they do have a suspect to question and backtrack the videos to see if he was present at the first bombing too.

I'm in the kitchen, potting plants, so catching bits and pieces from CNN in the l.r.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Unfortunately, it looks like they haven't made an arrest yet at this point. Hopefully, soon.  It's way too hard to concentrate at work today.

Winter, I missed your original post but am surmising from all of the responses that you are affected by the tragedy. I'm so sorry and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I was walking with a friend, wearing my 8 month old, going in the direction ofthe finish line.  We were walking along commonwealth ave and enjoying the day. We were about 2 miles from the bombing when it happened.  We weren't in any danger at all, of course, but I feel so lucky because it could have been any of us who was standing there. So sad for Boston, marathon day is so special and it's terrible to have it ruined.  I hope that marathon day 2014 is spectacular and a tribute toa ll the victims.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

rama, 2 miles?!  You must have heard it.....how scary.  Yes, won't repeat Winter's post to protect her anon, but her family was affected in the worst way imaginable.