April 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: April 2013

Yes, Rama, I have heard that now.  Guess I'll stop reporting what CNN is reporting!  They were way ahead of themselves, or their contact person was.

You must be counting your blessings that you were not closer to the site of the bombs.  The ending could have been tragically worse for you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

No, didn't hear a thing, Kar.  Wasn't until we heard sirens and cops came and told us to go home because there was an explosion that we checked our phones and figured out what happened.  Again, we weren't in any danger at all but it is scary to have been so close.

I'm so sorry, Winter. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, 2 miles is practically there.

SOMETHING is happening at the court house right now - I'm watching live on BZ

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

People evacuating...press moved back three times, now...no word on why.

ETA: bomb threat

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Bomb threat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

When I worked in town, often a "code red" meant that someone smoked in the bathroom and triggered the smoke alarm!  Not always a catastrophic event.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm watching it happen...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Bomb threats in courthouses are not all that unusual, most are screened out quickly and determined to be benign.  The public doesn't hear about it, unless it turns into something more.

Dept of Corrections has to deal with this stuff all the time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Goodness, I just went out to look for my mail.  I noticed that the magnolia trees across the street have both burst into full bloom this afternoon.  Amazing what one warm day can do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

And I've developed a few sprigs of forsyhia blooming today where there had been none before.  Hostas out front that I thought had been destroyed with the roofing project, are up today.  I HAVE to get a lawn guy in place!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes! I saw forcithia (sp?) starting to bloom in Framingham yesterday along with blooming daffodils.  Not yet up here at 1000 feet, but we are not far behind you!  Our day lilies have starting coming up...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning everyone.  Winter, I missed your original post, but I am sorry for your loss.

Now there is the explosion in Tx.  So much sadness in the world right now. 

It's nice to start to see the spring blooms though, that is a positive sign!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Princess, how are you feeling these days?  Today's a scone baking day if you want to stop by. Making them up early so I can have one for my breakfast after I shower and dress.  Hope to head out after that for a little poking around.  Forgot to look for a plastic tablecloth, which I normally hate, for my kitchen table.  Need something I can wipe off now that the glass is gone from the top.  

Pleased with the way my plants look this morning, they needed to get out of that one container, besides which there was no drainage in it, and the earth was soaked.  Mentioned it to G.T. and he said he was going to take a pic of plants that had been in a dish garden I had sent him when he had his wisdom teeth out (??).  He had separated and repotted them and if they're like the others in their solarium, must be huge now.  

While I'm out driving around will keep my eye peeled for any landscape trucks to get names and numbers to call.

I'll check in later.  Surprised Pingo hasn't posted with all the tragedy in Boston.  She must not have the capability there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pingo is probably now more aware of the tragedy outside of Waco.  It's frightening to me to think that carelessness has now killed more people than the evil intent of the bombers.  That's partly of course because of the immediate and excellent care that people received at the marathon, but, it is still a frightening reflection.

It looks as if it is going to be another beautiful day.  The maple blossoms have begun to open!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, all,

DH took the day off, and we have been lounging through a leisurely breakfast and cuppas.  He'll be taking Gracie for their "Saturday" hike, and my town friend is coming by for tea at 10.  Maybe we'll have it out on the patio.  Yay, Spring!

CT-DC posted this morning in Parents that she was thankful no one in the BDC family was directly affected, and I posted that Winter's family was, nothing else, Winter - is that OK?  I went to sleep crying for your dear family last night. I am being mindful of your anon, but please let us know if anything is said you'd rather have deleted.

I have not had the news on this morning and must catch up about what happpened in TX!  One never knows...

Indeed, another perfect day of Spring weather.  Not sure what is on the menu for lunch or dinner, but with DH home I can dawdle at the store later.  Lunch will probably be leftover spaghetti for DH and leftover pancakes for me.

Have a blesssed day,

~kar

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Yikes!  What an afternoon/evening.  I hope that there were lessons learned yesterday by the media.  I understand that everyone is anxious for anwers, and I'm sure they all want to be the one to break the story first, but I don't think the public can handle that kid of emotional roller coaster right now.  I'm just as bad - checking the headlines every five minutes. 

On another note - did everyone see the tribute and anthem at the Bruins game?  It was very touching.  DH was there and said that there was a dry eye in the house.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. So yesterday on the way to Boston I found out that Brigham and Woman had been evacuatedearlier in the day. So I started to panic because Children's is right next door. When we get to the main doors there were three State troopers and three Brookline PD; one was holding an M16 type of gun. DS being a boy said that's the biggest gun ever. So, I panicked until the appointment trying to figure out how fast I could run down 8 flights of stairs if I needed too.

Kar, I would have driven myself crazy watching the news had I stayed home.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

As if you didn't have enough going on as it was -  Glad everything went alright with the appt.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Not sure why the font is so small and now I have no edit feature at all. I don't like driving into Boston to begin with, ugh. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, guess I'm not getting out today.  Just so slow moving.  Picking up a bit around, but no ambition to hit the stores.  Tomorrow's another day.

Thinking of you, Winter, and hope you're doing OK.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Town friend just left after a great time sharing our lives over tea.  Usually, we walk, but I'll take Gracie this afternoon, and she worked out at home earlier this morning on her exercise bike so we relaxed instead.

Winter, like you needed extra stress...glad everything turned out OK, though, yesterday.  I saw those guys on TV with the M16s at the court house.  Scary.  I visited Isreal in '88, and it was like that everywhere.  I wonder if that will ever become commonplace here...what a thought.  You are never far from my thoughts and prayers.

I've got to run out, but like tt, am not feeling much like it today.  Errands can't wait, though, since I have to feed DH something for lunch other than leftover spaghetti - I'd like to get some kind of cutlet to go with and something for tonight.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nov, sorry, no edit to add that I missed the Bruins tribute, but I saw on the news that it was moving and special.  Glad you guys saw it...DH was there?  I'm choked up imagining it, let alone had I been there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm doing ok. Going to head to lunch so I can watch some of the service on the TV.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Was listening to it just now on the way home, and Pres. Obama was just talking about x.  I hope you caught it...  (I'm afraid of reposting what you removed.)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I did I see it. I watched the last hour of the service. 

Sections
Shortcuts