April 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: April 2013

Amber, that's what I always tell mine; I will be the best grandmother ever, if I'm still healthy enough; if I have anything to say about it your kids won't suffer from grandparental neglect as you did.  More power to you! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I never knew my mothers parents as they died when she was young. I met my fathers mother and father once when I was 10. My father got divorced and remarried my mother. They were Catholic and my mother was Protestant, so they disapproved of the divorce and of course my mother. So funny as out of the 4 children my mother had, 3 of us raised our children Catholic... They lost out I always say : )

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Kar. My email isn't as anonymous, but ll send you an email.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You don't have to worry. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I had an anonymous one but forgot it.. lol! I am ok with you having my normal hotmail account : )

I remember sending it to Kar a long time ago with a question I had.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I never really knew my grandparents either. My mom's mom died when he was 13 and her dad died years before I was born. My dad's father died when he was in his 20's and his mom, I did know but she died when I was in the 4th grade. My brother and sister had a set from their dad, that treated me like their own. They passed away in 1989 and 1993.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I sent winter's address to ambergirl's hotmail account. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

It sounds like a bowl of rice crispies but not constant crackling...very odd.

My gmail account is kargiverbdc @ gmail com

Electrical?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you Kar! Robin may be right. Does your dining room cabinet have a light? Mine did. I would check that first.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Amber, I never had a doubt that you would be an awesome grandma.  Joey is so adorable!!  Going to be a heartbreaker! 

We took baby girl to D7 the other night.  Still had an eye out for you - hoped you'd be easier to spot with an infant in tow!  Glad your fam is well. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Aww... thanks November!!!  DD is so funny... they ventured out to Dockside in Chelsea with Joey but left as soon as they were done. She was so nervous! New moms are adorable... I have been going to their house every weekend, but FINALLy get Joey here for Sunday dinner : )  He will be a month old the 25th but I feel like I have been a grandmother forever and I love it. And him : )  Trust me, when I get him for the day or weekend, we must plan on meeting up! I love D7 and have you been in Fizz Ed's? My nephew is the drummer for MoJo Slim who plays there occasionally. They also play at Polcari's. Great band. Been around for a long time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Being there for the entire 27 hours of labor my DD went through and watching the support Joe had for her was heart stopping. He loves my DD so much... But watching Joey come into this world was the most special moment of my life. Nothing like you think it would be at all. Most beautiful experience I will ever have.... hands down....  I will treasure it until the day I die. So privileged and blessed to see that beautiful creature come into this world... just bonded us even more...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

That's the one that used to be Honey Fitz?  Haven't been there.  My loyalty lies across the sstreet!  But, Polcari's is a whole other story.  I LOVE Regina's pizza!  ;)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Robin, thanks - good call.  I thought of that first, actually, and jumped up half expecting to see smoke somewhere, but it was immediately clear it was coming from the cabinet area, and there's nothing electrical over there, no light or anything, ambergirl.  That's when I moved to thinking it was a mouse or bug of some sort, but I have yet to discover the cause or to put anything back in the hutch.  

Just walked Gracie - looks like it might pour any second...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Had a great day, it's so warm out, nice to just sit on the front steps.  G.T. left a little while ago with fixins for his supper.  Partner is on a business trip.  My lawn and gardens look beautiful, and the little pond has been cleaned out.  A male cardinal sang the whole time G.T. was working, I think calling for a mate, G.T. thought calling "Hey, he's digging, that means worms!"

Came back on to see pictures of adorable Joey.  He's so precious.

Wondering about Pingo and when she's due back.  Are incoming flights having any problem at Logan?  Not sure from the news broadcasts.

Kargiver, did you find what's causing your noise?  That's a strange one.  Bet it's a cricket.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I don't mean a cricket, they chirp, but a beetle.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

The only reason I thought electrical, is that if a mouse gets in the house, they like to burrow in the insulation in the walls.  They gnaw on the wiring to sharpen their teeth.

Sometimes you'll hear scratching noises, and eventually crackling sounds when they disrupt the electrical connections.

But if that was it, I think your dog would notice it and alert you.

Ps: @Amber, your grandson is adorable!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Yes November but much nicer than Honey Fitz! lol! My old dog groomer's father bought the place. Much better than it was. But my hands down favorite is Exchange Street Bistro : )  Thanks tt! I am a bit partial to him : O  Beautiful day is right. Loved opening some windows and Tigger and Boo are in their glory!  I too am curious Kar as to what the heck is causing that noise!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

My grandson is bi-racial if anyone was wondering. I find it simpler to just tell people. Not that I would ever think for a minute anyone on this board would be judgemental about that. And I feel it is silly to have people wonder : )

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, ladies, I wish I could help you!  It definitely could be a beetle trapped in a crack - we get a lot of those orange lady bug imposters.  Gracie hasn't shown the area any interest and she passes it very closely to look out the dining room window so hopefully that means it's not a mouse.  It does sound like the noise is coming from the hutch itself rather than the floor or walls...?

I'm sure no one here will give that fact a second thought, ambergirl. :)

I have been watching FAR too much news and haven't heard anything about issues with Logan.  I, too, am eager to know where Pingo is and when she is due back.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I know you are right Kar, but felt it best to just put it out there : )  I hope whatever the heck is in your hutch gets bored and moves on!  I think Logan is ok as I double checked and no delays reported. Will be nice to see Pingo on here : )

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Weather is so fitting for today... cloudy, unusually warm with strong winds...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I haven't heard it for awhile.  Will give a good listen tomorrow.

rained for a few minutes here this afternoon, but it looks like it will pour tonight.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Amber, I felt the same way about the weather - dramatic skies, sunny in one place, black on the other, warm but fierce winds.  Made it feel more ominous. 

Went out for a bite. The mall is deserted!  Nothing like the usual Friday nights.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber dont think that matters to us, he's adorable. We've had some gorgeous babies in our chat family. 

Picker, how's Zach? Tt, how is pumpkin and his mom doing? Hats how your latest baby in the family doing. 

Watching the suspect 2 ordeal here. imagine that's your boat.