April 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: April 2013

They got him!!!! Just so relieved that justice can now be served.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Me too Winter!! And I missed that Picker joined us. Hi Picker from Ambergirl and welcome : ) I'm not on a lot anymore but trying to catch up : )

p.s. I wasn't worried at all about the reaction. Just wanted to put it out there. A lot of us have "different" relatives on here. I am finding it easier for other people if I say it. Like at work, people commented he was cute, but could see the question in their eyes. Like I always say, we are all mixed : )  I am a heinz 57 myself. Mother was Scottish and English and Dad was Irish and French. 2 of us have black eyes and hair and 2 of us have brown hair and green eyes. Go figure : )

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Glad as are all of you, to see the manhunt is over, he's captured and in custody.  I hope they are able to get some truthful information from him about the reasoning behind this attack and just how many were involved in the planning.  I'm sure you are feeling a little better, Winter, now that they have the b**tard.

Raining quite heavily here this morning, but oh, such a beautiful start to the day, from my prospective - it  looks as tho the grass has grown 6 inches overnight, bulbs have sprouted, forsythia is in full bloom in places in my yard where I didn't realize G.T. had planted it.  And, both front and back yards are filled with all sizes of birds nesting and gathering mud in their beaks to pack down their nests.  Forgot to refill the feeder last night, but I'm sure with all the raking that was done yesterday there is plenty for them to feed on.

I reheated yesterday morning's leftover pancakes and had a good hot cup of coffee, and that will hold me.  Attending a volunteer luncheon later today, so no grazing in between!

Hope Pingo is on her way home.  She certainly is missed on these boards.  Can only imagine she had no access to posting, otherwise we would have heard from her.

Cheerio is letting me know she's ready for a bit of kibble, having had  her f.f. and a saucer of milk.  She's always afraid I'll get out mornings without leaving her something to crunch.  She is in her glory today tho, after having her nails clipped yesterday.  Poor thing was getting stuck on everything.  She'd want to jump up on the blanket on the couch, but you could see her think, "I'd better not.  I'll get caught and won't be able to get down."  She used to run when she saw the clippers in G.T.'s hand, but now she just sits there and waits.  Smart girl!

Have a peaceful day everyone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

Loved the rain last night and so nice to have the heat off. Housework and a walk to the square is in order today. Looking forward to DD and family coming tomorrow. Joey's first dinner at Nana's : )  tt, DD bought a package of Temptations cat treats for Tigger and Boo. Oh my! Boo is crazy for them and sits at my feet and puts his paw on my leg to get some!  So cute! Not sure if Cheerio would like them too. Big hit at my house for sure! I hope everyone has a great day today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Amber, your grandson is adorable.  Sorry it took me so long to comment, this computer has been driving me cookoo.....my daughter has now got me on Google.....guess my other browser didn't want to work anymore....Hope this works.  ss

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to ambergirl's comment:

Good morning ladies,

Loved the rain last night and so nice to have the heat off. Housework and a walk to the square is in order today. Looking forward to DD and family coming tomorrow. Joey's first dinner at Nana's : )  tt, DD bought a package of Temptations cat treats for Tigger and Boo. Oh my! Boo is crazy for them and sits at my feet and puts his paw on my leg to get some!  So cute! Not sure if Cheerio would like them too. Big hit at my house for sure! I hope everyone has a great day today.

Amber..your grandson is adorabe.  I know you'll have much enjoyment with him. ss

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Amber your grandson is adorable. SS

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

the sun is just coming out here, looking like a gorgeous day.  DH just took Gracie, and we, too, are basking in the knowledge that at least one person will pay on earth for the atrocious crime committed.

haven't heard anything weird from the dining room today yet.

not much going on here.  Made meatmuffins last night which will serve us well today.  in fact, I think I'll have one, now.

indeed, looking forward to Pingo's return - what a week to miss.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks so much Shaker! I wish the boards would get back to normal. Been a long time : (  Kar, I was going to ask you about the noise. Maybe whatever it was moved on : )  What are meat muffins? Sounds intriguing! Pingo will not believe all that happened! But I am glad too that one will be brought to justice. I love the restraint our police did. They wanted him alive.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I hope it was a beetle...

Novbride gave me the fabulous idea of baking meatloaf in muffin tins!  They are awesome, and I'll never go back.  DH is a huge fan, too.  I'm forever in her debt.  Anyway since it's not really a loaf anymore I call them meatmuffins.  :)  I make them baseball size and shape, mounded up over their muffin hole so 2 lbs of meat and an equal amount of sauteed vegetables, 2 eggs, and some bread like stuff (whatever DH can safely eat that's around - last night it was 2 sprouted flour biscuits crushed up) makes 12 big muffins.  I bake them at 375 for 30 minutes using the convection oven (400 for 30 minutes in regular oven).  I've checked the internal temp - they reach about 175 (I use turkey so it's imperative to check).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Omg, ambergirl, that one could win a prize.  What a pose!

Letting pizza dough rise - my first attempt with sprouted spelt.  Had to add more flour than it called for, very sticky otherwise.  Was inspired by the leftover fresh mozzarella from the chicken parm this week.  Must go downstairs and grab a jar of sauce to reduce to pizza sauce...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks Kar : ) My favorite picture so far! Found out my bestie is coming tomorrow too so she can meet Joey. I am so looking forward to it after a very stressful week. Family and best friend around my table. The best day ever ♥ 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, so nice, Ambergirl.  Have a wonderful day!

the pizza was excellect - made a double batch of crust unknowingly so pizza will be on the menu tomorrow, too...can't wait!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday morning,

Early morning - sleepless night last night with Cheerio bringing in a you know what.  She's stretched out in front of one of the l.r. couches,  eyes half closed, so I suspect that's where she lost it, or thinks she lost it.  What a night.

Can't believe the temps around this morning.  This is April, right?  Filled the feeder with the last of the seed this morning, means I should get out to the store at some point today.  Had put in a call yesterday to GD to see if she wanted to "bake" today, her father's b'day is tomorrow, but it went on an answering machine with no reply as yet.  They may be away for the school vacation week.  I did up a batch of scones, first in a long time, I'm just kind of off them.  Want to keep some in the freezer for surprise visits like Friday's from G.T.  He had come hankering for a scone, but there were none to be had, and I was too busy cooking our lunch to stop and make them.

Your pizza sounds good, Kargiver.  May pick up one of those Boboli crusts when I do get out to the store, have green pepper, sauce and plenty of cheeses.

Love little babies arms and legs, so delicate.  Latest pic of a contented Joey, with those little arms, they never know quite what to do with them, where to tuck them!

Hope everyone has a good day.  Mothermitzi, you're on my mind again this week with all that's been going on.  Hope you or no members of your family were there at the race.  Won't you please pop on just with a line or two and let us know you're OK?  I feel as tho we're losing contact with you, and I hate to see that happen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

cold, indeed - we have the wood stove going after the oil heat came on last night.  Brrr!  DH had a blanket over the greenhouse and the heater on so the plants stayed happy.

off scones?  I don't think I'd ever get tired of any of your treats, tt.  Our treats are gone since DH had the last of his bd cupcakes yesterday so I need to make something, too.

mm hasn't posted in ages; I, too, hope she is ok and stops in.  And, where are tulips, bg...?

jc, I broke 11,000 on the Rush Mode of Spelltower. :)

pizza for lunch with the other 1/2 of the dough and leftover toppings.  Meatmuffins for dinner.

tt, enjoy the boboli - those look delicious and quick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

I thought I would pop on before my day starts. I had to put my  heat on to take the chill out of my house. What the heck! Yes tt, I thought it was April too!  Tigger and Boo would love your house and the chance to have fun with Cheerio and the mice! Since my landlord filled in the holes in the foundation, I haven't seen another one, much to the boys chagrin.  Joey is so funny about his hands. He hates them swaddled and get them out everytime! So cute : )  Looking forward to spending time with him today. I will also be sending prayers today, as Krystal Campbells wake is today... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

such a gorgeous day, the weather channel called it "abundantly sunny," but so sad.  

Ambergirl, have a blessed day with Joey and fam. :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Holey Moley!  Just ran up to S&S, mainly to get a b'day card for son's birthday tomorrow, and when I first went in, it was great, movin along like a breeze.  By the time I went back to the card counter 3 times trying to find a music one for less than $7 (!) (I didn't!), and got in line, it was like a zoo.  All that and got home to a message, GD and fam are away and won't be back til late afternoon, so no baking today.  I'm prepared, marshmallow in case she decided on whoopie pies, canned frosting in case she decided on the jello cupcakes, and more of her elbow pasta (can't find the wheels anymore) for lunch.  All stuff that will keep until our next baking date.  Rhubarb is out, so picked up 5 good size stalks of that.  I'll freeze them for a rhubarb/strawberry dessert soon.

It's nice out, breezy, but has warmed up a lot since early morning.  Groceries to put away, and paper to read (I hope it's on the front porch), and then that federal community census to finish filling out.  Enjoy your day, everyone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's hard to find any good card for less than $5, even with no music - crazy!

pizza came out good, again - a new kargiver recipe is born. :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I have a new computer~but you all seem to be having a quiet day.  Little Joey's picture is so much sharper on this screen; Amber, I hope you had as much fun today as you anticipated!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Any of you with killer cats - send them over!  Another night of her playing and I do mean playing, with that mouse.  Finally put the bedroom light on, since that's where she kept bringing him and then dropping him, figuring he'd find a dark corner and stay there.  Tonight I'm sleeping in here.  

As always, errands to be done, and to connect with my birthday son at some point.  Washes to be caught up on again too.  Too bad you didn't try out your new computer with us at some point yesterday, Hats, I'm sure one of us checking the boards now and then would have chatted back and forth a bit.

Wonder how SS made out at Twin Rivers yesterday.  I told her I would wait on the front steps for her DD to pick me up, but they never showed up!  Didn't get a phone call last night, so she probably didn't win big. We share many of the same interests, and wish we did live closer.  I keep telling her every time there's a house for sale around here, but I think she pretty entrenched right where she is.  Maybe even more so now that she's met you, Icer!  Where are you, btw?  Haven't seen you on the boards in a while.

Hoped there'd be a post from Pingo meaning that she was home, but I guess she is on a longer trip than I thought.

Took a section of cake out of the freezer last night and whipped up some homemade chocolate frosting.  Just hit the spot.  And, I think this morning now that I've had my oatmeal, a slice of that with coffee would be a good finish to breakfast.  I'll check in later.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Pingo...your office is near the gun fire sight, correct?? 

This was so surreal for me. I grew up about 3 miles from Laurel St. (where the fire fight and explosions were). I went there yesterday to check it out. Blood stains, ans bullet holes in about every house on that street. 

I talked to a man who has a one year old daughter and her bedroom is in the front of the house and there is a bullet hole about 10 feet away from her bedroom window. I can not even imagine. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

How was dinner with Joey yesterday?  That latest picture is just too much!  FWIW he could be half alien and I doubt any one of us would care.  He's stinkin cute!!  Just LOVE squishy babies!  Glad you are back, too!!

Kar, "meatmuffins" is making me laugh.  I usually call them mini meatloafs, and they are on the dinner schedule for this week.  I have also toyed with the idea of mini shepherds pies, but haven't ventured to cook them yet. 

Also thinking of the Campbells today.  I really hope that the Westboro church doesn't show up.  Her family and friends need peace.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Nov, mini meatloaf is a great idea.  I think I will make a batch later this week.  Except I will call them meat loaf cupcakes so my 3 y/o will be more excited about eating one.