April 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: April 2013

Rama, they are delish no matter what we call them, but, yeah, meatmuffins don't sound very appetizing now that I think about it, lol.  I mix 1/2 balsamic vinegar, 1/2 ketchup and pour on top after plating.

Thinking of the Campbells and her extended family especially during the moment of silence.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just a note while I think of it.  Have cancelled my Sunday home delivery because even with a phone call, the rate had gone up.  Not sure if I will still be able to get in to post after Saturday, since I didn't opt for the digital subscription either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mine is free, tt - I've never had a paper subscription.  To post on the forums you only need to sign up with your email address and user name, and I don't think that account will change.  

I wanted to post something earlier to you, tt, but I can't remember what it was - couldn't stay logged in.  And, just now, before I refreshed it said, "welcome Arielxzy" where xyz was some numbers I don't remember, lol.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

We'll see what happens.  SS has a terrible time trying to get in even with switching her browser.  

Leftover pizza and a beer for supper tonight.  Felt like cabbage soup.  Have the ingredients, but just didn't get around to making it when I got back in this afternoon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

ah, pizza and beer, how fabulous.  

I think they are having login issues due to the (still) high volume of traffic of people checking for updates on the homepage that should clear up after there's not as much new happening.

having roasted curried cauliflower and steamed kale for dinner with fried tofu.  I'd rather have pizza and beer, but DH doesn't do well with that, as you know, so I'm stuck with health food, lol.  We're going out to eat Sunday, though, with SIL and hubby (tentatively) and I won't be "good" out!  I might have a beer, though...DH isn't a fan so he doesn't wish he could have one, too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm meeting a friend for lunch Thursday, hoping to go to one of the Mblhd restaurants.  We didn't get together over Christmas, so I still have her gift here to give to her. Good thing it wasn't of a holiday nature!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, I'm in the same boat with some other friends I haven't caught up with since before Christmas...time flies!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My grape hyacinths and azaleas are blooming.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

nice!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning everyone.  Amber, Joey is just adorable!  His is so tiny!!!

Not much going on around here, just plugging away. 

Trying to get everyone to make some decisions on what we will do for our Mom's (my mom and MIL) for Mother's Day.  It's so hard, DH has 2 brothers and I have one and none of them think this far ahead and make it difficult to organize things!  I like to plan.  DH mentioned having a cook out at our house for everyone, but the weather always makes it iffy.  Oh well.  I'll see if I can prod them some more!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Men think the night beforehand IS planning ahead, LOL.  GL, Princess, but whatever happens, remember it will work out fine...that's as much advice to myself as it is to you. :)

Our mothers live out of state so I have to send something.  I tried Mrs. Prinables Apples for my in-laws for Easter (not that we are making a habit of Easter gifts, but they needed cheering up at the time), and they were a HUGE hit!  We set 4, and they said that they could not eat more than 1/2 of one at a time so it was like having 8. 

So cold this morning DH asked me to run the heater and keep the blankets on the greenhouse until 10 this morning.  Everything is coming up just lovely.

Winter, we know you've been taken away from the science project, but it must be growing - anything to report?   I hope the experiment shows something interesting and the project is keeping DS's mind occupied.

I've been making a baby blanket for a friend and just ran out of yarn so will be making a quick trip to Walmart today; we need a few other things, too.  Other than that, nothing "big" planned.  I'm eager to get together for lunch with the trips' dad - it's been months, but work is beyond crazy for him these days.  Now that my bras have been returned I don't have a pressing need to go East, although, I DO need clothes that fit.  I can wear what I have, but my mom commented at Easter that I've lost  my curves - um, no, they are under there somewhere, LOL.  Sadly, I can't walk around in just my new favorite bra for a top.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Hoping my hair will dry before having to go out around 10:00.  I do have a hair dryer, but would rather just fluff it up and let it air dry.

More rain, more grass growing, more of a need to find a lawn guy.  Funny, yesterday coming home there was a lawn care truck in back of me but he turned off down a side street.  I was tempted to turn around in a driveway and follow him to his destination, just to have a name to call!

Quiet night last night, but still slept in a little late.  Laying there, before I got up, was thinking what I would have for breakfast, and remembered I had bought cream cheese to go along with raisin bread for toast.  That, coffee, and a dish of applesauce is going to fill the bill.

Princess, having 4 boys, I know all to well that it's just part of their inborn personality to wait til the day before to make plans.  Youngest is always surprised when he asks, "What are you doing for Easter?" the day before, to find I have already made plans!  G.T. is the only one who plans ahead, but that's because they seldom have a week-end that isn't filled.  Haven't heard anything about Mother's Day yet. Bought my cards for my DILs yesterday.

OK, off to get dressed and pop the toast in and the applesauce out.  Won't be back until later this afternoon, but will check in.

Winter, hope you are doing OK.  Yes, how is the project coming along?  Anything worth sending a pic yet?  Chat later.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, the plan ahead resistance has something to do with the XY chromosomal combination!

the cold weather had me wanting to stay in bed this morning, too - I have to light the fire and am dragging my very chilly feet.  Gracie is back to bed, snoring away snug as a bug in a rug.

your mention of cream cheese has me thinking about the cream cheese with no particular destination in our fridge...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

These are the April showers that bring May Flowers!  I inspected my tulips yesterday and there are many buds.  Turning my mind to new daffs for next year.

I notice also that the various groups for whom I work are turning their minds to getting things done so I have some work on the horizon, for which I am grateful.  Nothing like being busy to chase the blues.

TT, could you look in the phone book for landscapers?  We get these little town books in the mail containing the listings of people who will work in our town - just a thought.

Kar, do you sew? perhaps you could take in a few of your favorite tops just so you have something to wear now!  Or, if you are on Pinterest, look for all the ways to transform shirts into new fashions - costs nothing and if it doesn't work out, well, all you have lost is some time!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"your mention of cream cheese has me thinking about the cream cheese with no particular destination in our fridge..."

Celery stuffed with cream cheese is a good snack.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, Hats, I have googled also, but as one son warns, you don't want to get signed up with someone you're not satisfied with.  Once the cutting season begins, I see loads of different trucks on a main street around the corner.  My plan was to take down their numbers.  Usually there are loads of flyers left on my doorstep - this year because I'm looking for someone, are there?  Of course not.

This seems to be my time of people calling my bluff.  Really thought since I had been with this particular lawn company for probably 10 years, that they would leave me at the last raised price.  Not.  Same with Globe.  I have always called when their bill came in for full price and gotten the discount.  In fact, they told me to do that.  This time, he said that discount was no longer available, but they could give it to me at $3 more a period than I was now paying.  I'm not willing to pay that much of an increase.  Seems to me there was one other situation this has happened to me in the last month or so too.

Hairdresser told me yesterday I look thin (?)  "Have you lost weight?"  Couldn't wait to get on the scale this morning - I've gained a couple of lbs.!  Probably was out of my bulkier clothes.

Stuff to do here and there before I go out.  Not actually raining here, but very grey and damp  looking.  Good day to come home and make my cabbage soup.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. I'm just so emotionally drained. It was all very surreall and moving. 

Amber, what a great picture of baby Joey. We have been keeping up with the science fair project, no growth yet. It says 7-14 days to germinate, yesterday was 7. Should the soil be very wet at all times? Maybe we aren't watering it enough. We've been giving them a 1/2 cup every other day, though yesterday was the first day we watered them two days in a row but only gave them a 1/4 cup of water. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, you don't want to over water and rot them.

We've all been thinking of you and your family.  Glad to have you back in our chat group.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hats, I never learned to sew, and my clothes are not exactly altering worthy,  but it would be fun if I could.

tt, you are always much heavier after you eat and drink for the morning so in actuality you probably have lost real weight since she saw you last.

Winter, you have been in our thoughts and prayers and are hoping you have a restful week of recovery.  As for watering, no, they should be damp, not wet.  You can rot the seeds with too much water.  And, they should be protected from drafts and kept warm before germanation with loose plastic wrap.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

Amber dont think that matters to us, he's adorable. We've had some gorgeous babies in our chat family. 

Picker, how's Zach? Tt, how is pumpkin and his mom doing? Hats how your latest baby in the family doing. 

Watching the suspect 2 ordeal here. imagine that's your boat. 

Did you mean Icer? Zach is fine

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Wow...Am I signed in as Pingo?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all,
    I am back -- finally. Was supposed to come back last Friday, but with the events in Boston and the closing of Logan, I had to change my ticket and couldn't get a decent itinerary with only one stop until yesterday.
    I did have a computer in TX, but I had a terrible time with BDC. They kept logging me out. If I stayed logged in, I couldn't submit my posts and if I could, they dropped it. After a couple of days of frustration, I decided to give it up altogether and enjoy my vacation instead. I have a lot of reading and catching up to do.
    I had a wonderful time, but it was naturally marred by the events in Boston. The weather was fantastic; we went swimming every day. A couple of cold nights, where we couldn't sit outside. And their gardens are in full bloom. Like ours in July. Roses and perennials galore. Sweet scent from the Jasmins.
    We were glued to the TV. Hard to believe, what we saw. I am hoping and praying, that my Chat family are all well and not affected by what happened in Boston last week. It will take us a long time to get over it emotionally.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Welcome home!!  We missed you, Pingo, and you'll see you were often in our thoughts.

Winter was profoundly affected, but for her anon removed the details of how.  We have been sharing tears.

Since the bombing Boston.com has been too busy to handle the forums (I assume) and we have all been having login and other issues.  In fact, I saw your message 20 minutes ago but was logged out and couldn't get in.

How did you make out for clothes?  find everything you need for Spring and Summer?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Icer, intersting I didn't ask someone named Picker about Zach, it was written to you. But I'm glad that he's fine.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Welcome home, Pingo.  You can't imagine the depth of the disbelief and sorrow of the people of Boston caused by the Marathon bombing, not having been here for the 24 hour coverage. We've not been through something like this before in Boston.

Glad you had such beautiful weather.  And why didn't you bring it back with you??  Miserable, dank, day out there today.  I was glad to get back home and will change into some nice comfy, around the house clothes and make my lunch, a nice big salad with sliced eggs and boiled ham pieces in it.  All I'm missing are the olives - drat.  Feels like a good day for baking too, maybe a cake or batch of cupcakes.  That chocolate frosted section of cake didn't last long, and I do  like my chocolate home made frosting.  (Don't ask for a recipe, because there is none.)

I'll check back in later.

Sections
Shortcuts