April 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: April 2013

Welcome HOme Pingo. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

That was so weird...When I was hitting post...the computer was calling me Pingo...Welcome Pingo it said..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, house smells good, but it's an odd combination I had going at once - pot of cabbage soup on top of stove, and a batch of peanut butter cookies in the oven.  Yummy.  Will save a dozen of the cookies separate for youngest birthday son, next time he stops by.  They always used to be his favorite.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh cookies.  :) 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

If it's any consolation tomorrow is supposed to be warm.  I will be teaching outside so that will be nice, must remember to dress in layers.

I had a chicken and cranberry sandwich on a croissant which I picked up from the 1/2 price rack at MB for lunch.

TT I am now addicted to the MahJongg tiles game on my new computer.  Going to make a cup of tea now.

Pingo welcome home, I wish we had a better day for you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I've  had 3, a different recipe, used the Jiff peanut butter one, and they're good.  Then  I sat down on the couch to watch Dr. Phil.  Dozed off, and when I woke up the cat was sitting on the floor staring at me - must have been snoring!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

If it's any consolation tomorrow is supposed to be warm.  I will be teaching outside so that will be nice, must remember to dress in layers.

I had a chicken and cranberry sandwich on a croissant which I picked up from the 1/2 price rack at MB for lunch.

TT I am now addicted to the MahJongg tiles game on my new computer.  Going to make a cup of tea now.

Pingo welcome home, I wish we had a better day for you.

Sandwich sounds delicious.  I think this next week I will head up to MB in Middleton and do my shopping - have a lot of basic stuff, Crisco, brown sugar, canned tomatoes, stuff like that to get, and want to see if I save any money.  Don't seem to be able to get my total bill below $80 any week, and to me it doesn't look at tho I have much of anything in the carriage.

Glad you're enjoying MahJong, I love it, but can only play so many games and then it comes up with a big grey eye and kicks me out.  It wasn't on this computer when I bought it, I copied address from my old one and get in that way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Icer, I was briefly welcomed by BDC as Ariel. ??

House smells good here, too - made brownies that are coming out in a few minutes.  Not sure how it would smell with cabbage soup cooking...lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Taste tested a brownie...so much for dinner!  YUM!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

now i am just posting  to see who i am

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

This is what I seen on Winters post.

Amber dont think that matters to us, he's adorable. We've had some gorgeous babies in our chat family.

Picker, how's Zach? Tt, how is pumpkin and his mom doing? Hats how your latest baby in the family doing.

Watching the suspect 2 ordeal here. imagine that's your boat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Winter, please know my heart is with you....  ♥     So now we have hackers??  WTH??? I copied and pasted the post and hope you all see it.  I don't think I told anyone with all the craziness going on the past week, but I was approached a month ago from a job I applied to back in December. I did the phone interview figuring nothing to lose. Told her the only way I would leave a job I just started would be for more money and she told me no problem! I ended up having a face to face interview with 4 people and 2 phone interviews. They offered me they job at $10,000 more a year with incredible benefits.  I gave my 2 week notice last week, so my last day at this job is Friday and I start my new job on Monday. Sad to leave this job as I really like iit, but not willing to match my new offer. So nice to get back in the salary and more that I was making 5 years ago : )  So Murphy's Law...  spend 9 months unemployed and get a job with another job offer 2 months later! Super happy ♥  For all of you that loved my Joey's picture, I thank you : )

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh shoot! Welcome home Pingo!! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, LOVE cream cheese spread on celery!  Have you done cream cheese with green olive spread on celery? Yum!   And I love tuna salad spread on cream cheese too!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Going through  past posts and seen your ps. Thank you Robin : )  He is my heart : )

In response to Robin39's comment:

The only reason I thought electrical, is that if a mouse gets in the house, they like to burrow in the insulation in the walls.  They gnaw on the wiring to sharpen their teeth.

Sometimes you'll hear scratching noises, and eventually crackling sounds when they disrupt the electrical connections.

But if that was it, I think your dog would notice it and alert you.

Ps: @Amber, your grandson is adorable!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Aww..... thanks November!! I am slow at getting on here, but so appreciate the love me and my grandson got!!

In response to Novembride's comment:

How was dinner with Joey yesterday?  That latest picture is just too much!  FWIW he could be half alien and I doubt any one of us would care.  He's stinkin cute!!  Just LOVE squishy babies!  Glad you are back, too!!

Kar, "meatmuffins" is making me laugh.  I usually call them mini meatloafs, and they are on the dinner schedule for this week.  I have also toyed with the idea of mini shepherds pies, but haven't ventured to cook them yet. 

Also thinking of the Campbells today.  I really hope that the Westboro church doesn't show up.  Her family and friends need peace.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

So funny Princess as I thought so too until I realized my DD was 6lbs 8 oz and Joey was 7lbs 14oz! lol!

In response to princess-cal's comment:

Good morning everyone.  Amber, Joey is just adorable!  His is so tiny!!!

Not much going on around here, just plugging away. 

Trying to get everyone to make some decisions on what we will do for our Mom's (my mom and MIL) for Mother's Day.  It's so hard, DH has 2 brothers and I have one and none of them think this far ahead and make it difficult to organize things!  I like to plan.  DH mentioned having a cook out at our house for everyone, but the weather always makes it iffy.  Oh well.  I'll see if I can prod them some more!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thinking Winter was going through a lot at the time and meant you Icer, now that I think about it.

In response to icer's comment:

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

Amber dont think that matters to us, he's adorable. We've had some gorgeous babies in our chat family. 

Picker, how's Zach? Tt, how is pumpkin and his mom doing? Hats how your latest baby in the family doing. 

Watching the suspect 2 ordeal here. imagine that's your boat. 

Did you mean Icer? Zach is fine

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, I cancelled mine a year ago and have no problems. Boston.com FORUMS is seperate from Boston.com that you have to buy. Hope this helps.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Amber, congratulations on getting another job.  It just goes to show, it's easier to get one when you have one!  And you have a grandson too, it's wonderful to think of the difference between where you are now and where you were just 4 -5 months ago, isn't it?

Our little one is doing well with all the grandmas and aunties he's got.  I wish I could see him...oh well.  As long as everyone is fine....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Forecast says sunny and high 60's this afternoon, so I'm counting on it.  Furnace is still purring away this morning.

Hats, is it because of health issues that you aren't traveling to see the new baby in your family, or work constraints?  Pictures are great, but they do change from week to week in the first couple of years.  Is it today that you have an outdoor class?  Maybe by that time the skies will have cleared.  Would like to stay in myself this morning, but have an appt. I have to keep.  I'm an every-other-day kind of person, like to be able to stay home every other day.  Doesn't work out that way very often.  Friday's my only "off" day this week, but then that baby shower I hit BabiesRUs for, on Saturday.  I am looking forward to that.

Congratulations, Amber, on your new job.  Hope you will like it as much as your present one.

Time to get the feeder filled, and then my breakfast ready.  Don't know yet what I'm wearing today, but at least the closet is filled with clean clothes from washes I caught up on.  Are you taking a day or so off before heading back to the office, Pingo, or jumping right back in this morning?  

I'll catch up on posts later today.  Have a good one.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Congratulations on the new job Amber. Is it an easy train ride for you? Fence people are supposed to start today so DH took off. Hope they don't change their mind, since they should have mentioned that yesterday. I think it's supposed to clear up. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Congrats on the new job Amber!  You certainly deserve it!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    I finally got through all the posts. I still don't know exactly, what happened in Winter's family, but reading btw. the lines and the news, I am putting 2 and 2 together, and I am almost certain, I know, what it is. How horrific and sad, Winter. My heart goes out to you and your family. Hugs!
    Watching the news in TX, I was so hoping, no one I know would be affected by this heinous crime.
    Baby Joey is adorable, Amber. He will be so handsome, when he grows up. And congratulations on your new job. I hope you will like it as much as you liked the one you have now.
    I took yesterday off, but am ready to leave for the office today. I wanted to clear all the laundry and stock up my refrigerator, that was a pretty sad sight to come home to. Besides TX son will be visiting this weekend. His company is sending him to NY city for a conference, and he will take Amtrak and visit for the weekend, before he goes back to TX. How lucky can a mom be?
    I did a lot of shopping, Kar. Tight rolled up jeans seems to be the fashion this summer. That and cut off tops - Ugh! Also the open shoulders and parted sleeves. All something, I would not wear. But I did find some cute tops and "normal" jeans and trousers. I am all set for the summer.
    The hackers are worrying me. Seems the posts have been messed with. Picker and Rama are mentioned, but I don't see any posts from them.

PS. Saw my first pair of Goldfinches this morning.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning - 

Ambergirl, CONGRATS!!!  What a year for you, and you so deserve it after all the disappointments and struggle.  YAY!!!!!

Worked in the last of the yarn I had for the baby blanket (it lasted longer than I thought it would) so need to go to Walmart today to get more.  Glad I didn't go yesterday; I can scoop up on the sunshine and more pleasant temps.  Yesterday I wanted to hibernate.

The brownies are elegant.  I had one with my breakfast!  Oh, that reminds me, I need to make my other cup o' coffee before I get a headache.

Yesterday the greenhouse stayed covered with the blankets and the heater went full blast all day. Today, it's 90 in there with the vents open - that's more like it.

Oh, there's Gracie at the door.  Have a great day, ladies!

~kar

Sections
Shortcuts