April 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: April 2013

kar we have watered when needed. Every other day the plants are dry and in need of water. We used Miracle Grow regular and Miracle Grow Orgnaic soil.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

They might still come up, but I'd plant a second string right away just in case.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh, well! I can finally post.

Winter, the seeds should have spouted by now. Try with new seeds. And by that I mean a new packet of seeds bought from a different place. They may have been outdated or not have had the right conditions. Also, try with Mung Beans. They will spout in a day or two. They are the ones, they uses for bean sprouts. You can get them in a Chinese or Indian grocery store. They sell them in large bags, but they are cheap. How much more time do you have?

I believe 1/2 cup of water every other day is too much water. When I plant seeds, I only spritz them a couple of time a day just to keep the soil moist. When I see them emerge, I start to "water" them with a dropper. I don't really water them until I see the first pair of real leaves.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I don't believe they were over watered as they were bone dry when they were watered and they are planted two inches down as instructed on the package. They are also in a very sunny window. The project is due in the class on May 21st and is required to have 4 weeks of testing/reasearch and everyone had to start during April vacation. My packet of seeds says they will sprout 7-14 days.

We can't even plant new ones until Saturday beacuse he has soccer practice tonight and tomorrow night. Ditto on me getting Mung seeds since I won't be home at a decent hour to get to these out of the way stores. Will have to do something Saturday if nothing is happening, but he'll have to go into the teacher as he'll have less then four weeks of data.

ETA: We'll see if we can plant more pea seeds tonight, depends on homework and dinner situation, since socceer practice goes until 6:30.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Peas are a safe choice...GL!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

If the soil isn't really soaking wet now, I'd push a couple of other seeds down in each pot, near the edge, so you'll know which is which.  May be all this worry for nothing, the original ones may sprout yet, but I'd do the extra ones in each pot to see if you can't at least get something going before the time is up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Only 2:30 and I'm home.  No lunch out.  When I got there she said she had made a 3:45 appt. with dr., sounds like a urinary infection.  Wish she had told me this morning.  Thought it was funny that she asked if I wanted to eat in or out, we never eat in when I visit her.  She had gone around the corner and bought a couple of chicken salad sandwiches, which was fine, but it was obvious she was tired, and by rescheduling we both could have enjoyed our get together more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, tt, what a disappointment!  And, your poor friend, too.  As you know, I can empathize far too well.  Hopefully, you'll get together, again, soon and will have a great time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, she had called me this morning to check if I was coming, and when she asked about eating in or out, I asked her if everything was OK, if she felt up to getting together, or if she wanted to set up another day in the next week or two.  

When I got there and found out what was going on, I kidded her that she had just wanted to get her Christmas present!

We had a nice time anyway, caught up on what's been going on with both of us.  She has a friend coming up from the Cape tomorrow to spend the week-end with her, so she's lucky the doctor could fit her in today and get her started on whatever is needed. - An old fashioned doctor, not many of those around.  And I was able to help her locate a restaurant on the computer that she wondered about for possible trip with friend tomorrow.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

The soil has never been wet. It's not very lose though, a boy gets excited and presses it all down tight..lol. Maybe I'll try and put a couple around the edge and see what happens.

Sorry your lunch plans were changed tt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, those boys aren't the most gentle creatures!

Me too, about lunch, was thinking The Three Cod in downtown Mblhd, but the chicken salad sandwiches were good, came with a nice big slice of deli pickle - how can that be bad?

Now my pay-lo cell phone is sending me emails that I'm almost out of time on my card.  Must eat the minutes up at 10 cents a minute, funny, when I got to friend's today I sat in the car and tried to call her (dialed her number) to surprise her that I have a cell phone and was out front. It rang into G.T.'s work #!  Tried again and the same thing.  When Lilly's mom was down a couple of Sunday's ago, I think somehow she locked in G.T.'s work # because today I tried it 3 times and each time I got him instead of # I was calling. - You can tell, mechanically inclined, I'm NOT!  Hope son stops by tomorrow to pick up his card and cookies, I'll sich him with both problems!  Only thing is, mechanically inclined he isn't, either!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I love The Barnacle on Front St in Marblehead for lunch, I know, it's casual, kind of a dump...but the view!

The place is owned by an Armenian, I'll have to get myself over there soon, it's been a while..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Robin39's comment:

I love The Barnacle on Front St in Marblehead for lunch, I know, it's casual, kind of a dump...but the view!

The place is owned by an Armenian, I'll have to get myself over there soon, it's been a while..

Have you tried The Three Cod?  Nice lunches there too.  Only thing I ever had there that I didn't like was their clam "chowdah".  Didn't pass the - so thick that a spoon stands up alone- test.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

No, I haven't been over that way in quite a while, I used to like Jacob Marley's back in the day.

They could make the perfect margarita, but they are long gone :(

I'll keep The Three Cod in mind, but I don't get around much anymore. Thanks

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

When you step in, the door to the right is the bar, the door to the left is the restaurant, small tho it is.  It's on Pleasant St., on the left, right past a small strip mall, a couple of doors down from a thrift shop.  Enjoy.   Should add:  parking is best in the little strip mall.  You must know what on street parking in Mblhd is like.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pay cell phone is taken care of  - G.T. took down numbers I had and went into my account and deposited another of the $10 cards.  Yah.

Delicious supper of a salad, glass of trader Joe's red wine, and a container of lasagna I forgot I had in the freezer.  Topped off by the very last smidgin of the peanut butter chocolate brownies.  -  It's a good day -

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Glad you had such a nice day despite the snag with your friend, tt.  Sounds like a delectable dinner.

DH is hiking on the way home so we won't eat until 7:30, but that's ok, I wasn't really that hungry today.  I've got a glass of TJ's white table wine - $4 bottle, organic, and delish.  Can't beat it!  I'll need to go to lunch with someone East soon, though; I'm running low, and the TJ's nearest me doesn't carry alcohol.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The one I had tonight was "sweet red", and it is delicious.  I don't like merlot, and was surprised when my DIL actually found this one.

Talked with my friend and the dr. started her on meds right away for 10 days.  Hopefully she'll feel a  lot better tomorrow when her friend arrives.  She and I have a mutual friend who used to work with us and who lives in Venice (Fla) now.  Spurred me to give her a call, but get this, Hats, she was out running the MahJong night at their local community center!  Talked with her husband tho, who confided he misses N.E. and would love to move back up here, even to become just a "snowbird", which everyone down there makes fun of, I guess.  He and I both know you'll never budge her now that she's down there.  Loves the heat.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tell her they have an OTC numbing pill for that - Azo, I think it's called.  It used to be by prescription only, but it takes care of the pain before the antibiotics kick in.  It also turns your pee BRIGHT orange and makes it stain the toilet seat (or anything else) so be careful!

Funny, my in-laws are considering selling their place in NH to stay in FL full time...it happens!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, and that's good she found a red you enjoy. :)  I'm fussier about red than I am white.  I found a red I adore, but it is not $4, LOL.  It's for VERY special occassions at $40.  It's called Mollydooker Blue Eyed Boy.  Had it by the glass at the 111 Chop House for our last anniversary and sent it to my in-laws for Christmas as they are huge red wine lovers...BIG HIT.  But, most others I find caustic.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I remember pictures of their NH place.  They'll get a pretty penny for that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

So just got home and checked the plants. Well there was nothing this morning, low and behold is pot has one plant. The organic has grown 1 centimeter and the regular has grown a half centimeter. I'm so thrilled for him. Tt, your dinner sounds gret.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

When I clicked on CC and saw there was a post from you, I just KNEW there was at least one sprout!  Hooray!  Has your son seen it yet?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

They should, tt, but I don't know the market, if they will make or lose.  But, they are done with going North so whatever they get they get.  My concern is selfish.  BIL tends the place, and, as you recall, it's a lot to tend so it keeps him busy.  What then?

Winter, that's FABULOUS - we are all sighing a breath of relief with you.  I cannot fathom his failing a class because seeds didn't sprout!!!  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes the plants are in our room upstairs, so I went up, saw the green peeking out and told him to grab his camera and come up. He was very excited. We watered them as well. interesting that we planted 3 seeds in each pot and one has sprouted in each. His hypothesis is that the plant will grow faster with the organic soil so far it is correct.

Sections
Shortcuts