April 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: April 2013

He must be thrilled!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hi ladies,

Hectic yesterday and today at work with trying to get everything done before tomorrow. I don't like to leave loose ends. Winter, sounds like you have success!  tt, sorry your visit wasn't what you hoped for. And Pingo, so nice to see you back!!  Thank you everyone for your well wishes. So crazy after 9 months of unemployment, I get a job and 2 months later get a a call about another job I applied to in December! But very happy. Same type of work and this is another great law firm. Plus the financial puts me over what I was making 5 years ago. I worked hard all my life to make a good salary and it was so depressing to go backwards. So I am a happy camper : ) 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Heading in to check and see if there's anything worth watching on TV.   Chat tomorrow.  I expect to stay in all day getting the house ready for G.T.'s MIL and friend to stop in Saturday when they pick me up for the shower

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber how nice of you to tie up your stuff before you leave. Do you have the same hours at you new job? tt, hope you find something good to watch on TV. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning - and it is a GOOD morning -

Up at 6:00, looked out the window, and WHO came stretching out from under the shrub?  WHO, I ask?  Handsome Harry!  I am thrilled.  Cat Lady and I were just chatting last night, he and Miss Fluffy Short Legs visit her morning and night and I wrote to her,

"I still have hopes that come the warm days of summer I'll get up some morning and see him there under the shrub - -"  

Made my day.  Luckily, I still have some of his favorite food, and after he ate he went flying across the street, up the front stairs of the house there and onto the porch where sparrows are nest building in a rhododendrum bush that leans against the porch railing.  You should have seen all the birds come flying.  Couldn't see, but I'm sure they didn't let him linger there long.   I wonder how long he has been coming here mornings, but I have just been getting up too late to see him.  Good old Harry.  So glad to have him back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. What a nice surprise you had tt, a visit from Harry.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Any more seedlings pop?  Usually a couple of over achievers come first then the others follow.  I hope he gets a few in each group to get better, more intereseting, data.

Nice visit from Harry, tt - nice you had leftover food for him.

I didn't get to the closet yesterday; I'm frankly afraid of how much I'll have to toss and just how little I have to wear.  Kind of intimidating.

Gorgeous day today, too.  Loving Spring.  Last year we got cheated, remember?  Cold to HOT!

Gracie is loving it - 50s and 60s are her favorite temps for outside.  Of course, this same dog hoards the space in front of the wood stove if it dips below 68 inside.  What a princess.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My youngest stopped in this morning, and I was telling him about my lawn cutting problem.  Just called me a couple of minutes ago and the guy who does his will cut mine every other week at the same price I was paying to the one I had.  I'm on a roll here.  Let's see what else I can take care of -

With your clothes sorting, Kargiver, how about just going through them to start, and putting them to one side in the closet.  Then at another time you actually get them out of there.  That way you don't have to go through them all at once, just as you're taking something out to wear, say, "No, that one and this one, both can go," and move them to the end of the rod.

My heat tried to go on this morning, but I pushed it way down.  It's beautiful out.  Expect by afternoon I'll have some windows open.

Well, as long as I'm on a roll, guess I'll call about having the ceiling repainted, and then get ahold of the guy who was going to sand and paint my front door.  Maybe call Comcast about not having the caller ID show on my TV, and then my DIL to sing "Happy Birthday".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for the inspriation with all you are accomplishing, tt, and for the "little bite" suggestion.  That's great your lawn is taken care of - GL with the rest!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Tt I am so happy you are getting some things taken care of...it always feels good to do so...We are starting our garden this weekend...I can't wait to harvest some veggies...and of coarse plant pumkins to carve. Now lets see if I changed my avatar

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

kar, as of this morning, there were no more seedlings, but yesterday when I sent to work there was nothing there.

tt, nice that your son stopped by and he got someone to take care of your lawn, how wonderful.

Icer, what a nice picture of Zach.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

Having a very busy morning, trying to get ready for DS 4th birthday party. Peapod has come and gone and the groceries are put away and the bottom shelf of the fridge is cleaned off for the cake. The second layer is in the oven now. Hopefully DD will take a little rest, but it is looking like a day in the sling nursing is ahead of me! Thankfully I made the decorations for the cake yesterday while DS was at school. Still have to clean the bathroom and kitchen and put the goodie bags together. Not quite sure how I'm going to get it all done. I'm glad DH insisted we order sandwiches and I'm not trying to cook a meal too!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You've got a full day and then some ahead of you SAW.  if it were me, I'd do what I consider most important first - clean bathroom - kitchen will be fine, noone will even notice that with food and cake out, and maybe a relative or good friend could stop over a little early and do the goodie bags for you, or DH when he gets  home.

I just sat down from cleaning bathroom and giving a quick once over to mopboards and chair railings in the kitchen.  Looking at the kitchen floor that really needs to be washed, but so afraid of setting off my back/hip problem, that I hesitate.  My mop is a devil to pull that squeegee.  Plan to dustmop l.r. while watching Dr. Phil this afternoon, and turn the couch cushions to plump them up.

Good luck with the party, I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.  Little kids have such a good time all on their own.  You're ambitious to be serving sandwiches, mine with the kids were just games, and the cake and ice cream, with a goodie bag to take home.  Don't tire yourself out too much to be able to enjoy all your planning and hard work.

Happy Birthday, little 4 year old.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Picked up TX son this morning from Oak Grove (took Amtrak from NYC overnight; then the orange line). That way we beat the Boston traffic. Had nice breakfast at our little Diner in Wakefield, since my kitchen was still not functioning. When you have a clogged kitchen sink - life stands still. DH worked on it last night and then again this morning, and he finally got it moving again. I am running the dishwasher right now, and it seems to be ok. Now I have a some cleaning up to do. And a lot of stuff to toss out. Can't believe what I unnecessary stored under there. DS went in for a couple of hours of nap. He has been on the go since 6 AM yesterday.

Winter, it is great to hear that the peas came up after all. Your son must be so happy. No failing the project. Yeah!

Nice picture of Zack, Icer. Can't believe he has grown so much already.

I have to say, you are on the roll, tt. Nice to have taken care of getting all those projects moving. Our landscape guy as not shown up yet. Must remind DH to make a call. One can almost see the grass grow. And you had a visit from Handsome Harry. What a nice surprise.

DS has some work to do at the office, so we will be there this afternoon. What else is planned for the weekend, only he knows. I am sure he would want to see some of his old friends.

Have a great day everyone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Where do you go in Wakefield? Our fence is not done yet. I suspect Monday. It's a mess back there, we'll have a lot of cleaning up to do this weekend.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

Thanks TT, but the bathroom is of course the one I can't do unless DS is sleeping.  Thought I had gotten a slight reprieve and got laundry sorted and at  least got the one pair of pants that fit in the wash but DD wanted to eat again!  Just going to be a crazy day I think... seeing that I'm back on the couch feeding DD

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You're right, of course, first things first, and the baby comes first.  No denying that.  Do you have a Mom who lives close by who could come over and give you a hand.  We mothers loved to be asked to help out, you know, makes us feel useful and needed.

You know what tho, not to worry.  People understand, and I promise you they won't be checking your house over.  Not unless you make a big deal out of it.  Try to relax and remember it's really all about your little one and that he has a good time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

Thanks TT,  I really let go this year too. DS is having a little trouble adjusting to baby sister and I want to make sure he has a great day!  Mom is bringing potato salad and mom-in-law is picking up the sandwiches and marshmallows for roasting...I see sleepy eyes off to spray down the bathroom!  Thanks for listening :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Saw, your posts bring back those days when one was lucky to get to go to the bathroom without a companion.  I hope the party goes well, but I second TT's notion that people won't really care.

TT so glad that the lawn care is sorted out.  I know it was worrying you.

I've changed my avatar to a photo of the new little guy and will leave it that way for to day, he is cute but has so much hair, not typical of babies in our family.  I was bald until age 2, and my duaghter was bald until 18 months.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMG, so cute.  Now, is this your grandson, Hats?  Wish we could go back to being able to post larger pictures.

Icer, also saw you posted a new pic of Zach, but I know it's probably my eyes, I can't make it out for sure.  Is he sitting in someone's lap?  Please don't be offended, as I said, my eyes are not the best.  Help me to focus the way I should be seeing the picture, please.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT, Icer's grandson is sitting in a high chair; there is sun coming in which makes the lighting a little tricky.

Mine is a nephew.

I was inspired by the beautiful weather to get my favorite pitcher down and make the season's first iced tea.  Put lemons on my shopping list.  I had a delicious ham and tomato sandwich for lunch and I ate it on the deck!  The next 4 days are all supposed to be lovely too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hats, your nephew is cute! :) I had Chili for lunch.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I just had a hot cuppa, watching Y&R.  Most of what I'm going to get done I've got done, just giving the stovetop a once over, polish the tea kettle, and polish the kitchen counters.  That's it except for the l.r. while watching Dr. Phil.  Wish I could be sitting outside.  Have to stay out of the sun tho, and I know I'll think of a couple of more things I want to be "just so".  The couple coming tomorrow is only here once or twice a year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, Hats, re Zach's picture.  Wish we could see his face clearer.  When you have to downsize the pics to fit in these posting columns, it takes a perfectly good picture and miniscules it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I went out to my diner today, too.  Had a nice bowl of house made tomato bisque and some French fries.  Yummy!  Would have had a baked good, but am saving up calories for Sunday.

Pingo, how long is TX going to be with you?  Have fun!

tt, hope your roll continued.  I avoided the closet, again.  But, I bought a nice sweater for $10 at an antique shop, anyway.  I have it on and can't wait for DH to see.

Winter, hoping you guys find more seedlings tonight...I bet you will!

Sections
Shortcuts