April 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Re: April 2013

Good morning everyone.  Took me a while to catch up on the posts.  Nice to see so many happy posts, new "faces," babies, parties, sprouts, and new opportunities!

Not too much going on here.  Really enjoyed the weather yesterday.  Have all of our deck furniture set up and I sat in the sun for a little while.  I really felt good!  Now back to the weekly grind!

Have a great day everyone!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I think I might put my cushions out on the deck today.  TT I did get more phlox at MB yesterday so I want to divide that out and plant it.  Also have a list of phone calls to make.  Usually shop on Monday but since I did it yesterday this is a rare day without one appointment/errand and I am enjoying the idea of doing non-essential things.

One day this week my new tulips will probably pop.  They are tall and growing fast.  That will be fun, to see the results of our work last fall.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Good to see the white posting box again. For the past two days it was a hit and miss for me. Mostly misses.
    DH and DS left for the airport. So good to have him here. And even though I love my DIL to pieces, it was a treat to have him here all by himself.
    Big surprise last night. DH handed me boarding passes to a cruise - leaving Friday. It was a spur-of-the-moment kind of decision. A good friend of ours had called him telling him he and his wife were going and jokingly asked him to come along. Something clicked - why not? He has been working so hard lately and felt we both could need a break.
    With my house cleaning Thursday, I will only have 3 days to get ready for it, so it will be 3 very busy days. For myself it is not a problem, but I have to take care of the office too, and I have payroll to do this week among other tings. But I am not complaining. Looking forward to have "nothing" to do for a whole week.
    Only problem is, that big brother and his wife will be coming to visit the day after we get back. What can I do? Will just have to go with the flow. Fortunately, I won't have to worry about cleaning the house before they come.
    So I better get off my butt, and go to work. You all have a good day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. I was unable to post all weekend, never had the white box to post it. So DS' plants now each have all three sprouts and yesterday's measurement had the Regular soil at 4.2 cm tall and the organic at 3.5 cm. So it looks like his hypothesis is wrong, but he loves that they are growing so quicky.The fence guys did come Saturday, and it's all done except the two gates, which should be finished up today. We did some yard work in the front of the house Saturday, DH started in the back and I planted some Irises and a Peony in the front yesterday.

Nice to hear that everyone's weekend was fantastic. tt, I can taste one of those scones. Amber, how nice that your old boss took you all out after work Friday. Hope you have a great first day. Kar, great that you got some new clothes. Nice to hear from you Princess, sitting in the sun yesterday must have made you feel good. Pingo, where is your cruise taking you?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Goodness Pingo that is a lot of stress to pack in to one week, but you had planned to spend time in the laundry room on Thursday so maybe you can iron stuff and put it in suitcases that day.  I am sure we will understand if we don't see you here as much this week but I hope you will have a terrific time on the cruise.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hi Everyone!  Such a gorgeous weekend!!  It felt so good to be outside again!  Baby girl and the pup had plenty of fresh air and sunshine!  Spring - real spring - is truly reinvigorating.

Amber - that was such a nice send off.  They truly apprecaited you there for sure.  Hope today is a great first day.  Hard to believe Joey is already a month old.  It goes by so quickly.  Remind DD as often as you can that he will get on a schedule and she will sleep again.  What does he sleep in at night - crib, bassinet, swing?  Maybe he isn't comfortable?

Hi SAW.  Nice to see you over here.

Good to hear DS' plants are groing, Winter.  He must be thrilled!  Is he doing a spring sport, too?  My DS opted out of baseball this year.  Can't get a straight anwer out of him as to why.

TT, Pingo, everyone, hope you are enjoying the nice weather!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novemb, glad you enjoyed your weekend. DS is playing travel soccer. He also plays that in the Fall. He too did not want to play Baseball this Spring, so I did let him know that he had to play a sport, so soccer it was.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning - well, not for me - just up for a couple of minutes to take my meds - someone at that shower had chills and nausea, because I got up with it this morning.

pingo, wonderful surprise about the cruise.  You will need a "rest" when you get back from all the trips you're taking!  You have to seize the moment when it presents itself, right?

Glad your fence got done, Winter, and that son's plants are growing, even tho it's not the way we expected.

Going to call my intown son and offer him the roast, minus a couple of slices for me for tomorrow if I'm feeling better.  Don't like leftover roast anyway.  Peeked at the bedroom clock and thought it said 8:30 - guess it was 9:30.

Back to bed I go.  Take care all.

P.S.  Don't stop by, wouldn't want any of you to get it. (haha)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Not feeling well here, either. :(  Will catch up later.  Didnt go to chiro today...sigh.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh tt, so sorry you are not feeling well. Rest and take it easy. Hope you feeling like your self later today.

ETA: Kar, we posted at the same time and I missed your post. Hope you are feeling better as well. Take care.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT and Kar, hope you are all better soon.  So sad to be sick on this beautiful day. 

I had a disturbed night and an eye migrane this morning but a short lie-down took care of that.  I had not had one in years, wonder why it came on all of a sudden.  Oh well, I am doing good work today!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

TT and Kar, hope you are all better soon.  So sad to be sick on this beautiful day. 

I had a disturbed night and an eye migrane this morning but a short lie-down took care of that.  I had not had one in years, wonder why it came on all of a sudden.  Oh well, I am doing good work today!

Did you have flashes?  If so, and it happens again, go to either p.c. or eye doctor and have them check it.  That type of migraine with flashing, no pain,  is what led to my having my carotid artery checked and operated on.  Can show a blockage.

Just got up to get a nausea pill from when I was in the hospital.  Back to bed now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ladies.  Having a difficult one with you, tt.  Glad your day improved, hats.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Did you have flashes?  If so, and it happens again, go to either p.c. or eye doctor and have them check it.  That type of migraine with flashing, no pain,  is what led to my having my carotid artery checked and operated on.  Can show a blockage.

Just got up to get a nausea pill from when I was in the hospital.  Back to bed now.

No Flashes, just a steady  " light" phenomenon in my eye, as if one has looked at the sun.  I did ask my eye doctor and he said can't help see a Doctor.  Well, I get so sick of all the testing which costs big bucks and I never have anything.  So I wait, and it goes away or gets worse.  Haven't had one for years, so unless I have more, will let it lie.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Sounds like a simple ocular migraine which other than very annoying are benign.  I have them every once in a while and they last from 10 mins to over a hour.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to allreadymarried's comment:

Sounds like a simple ocular migraine which other than very annoying are benign.  I have them every once in a while and they last from 10 mins to over a hour.

Yes, I think so...since they are not frequent or regular.  Thanks AM!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I have been told that stress and dehydration are two frequent causes......    Also nausea can accompany them because the ocular nerve is pressing against some other nerve.  Again, nothing to worry about I have been told.  If you have been checked and they tell you nothing wrong I would not worry too much.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sorry to learn all you ladies are not feeling well. Had a couple of free minutes waiting for a large printout, so I thought I would check in and hopefully get some nice news. Hope you all get better as the day goes by.
    Kar, are you feeling sick sick, or is it just the usual? Hope the latter, not that it makes it better at the moment, but we know it will pass.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Sorry everyone isn't feeling well.  Seems like something is going around.  I woke up with a stuffy nose which I'm hoping doesn't develop into anything worse. I am going to make a batch of veggie chicken noodle soup for dinner, using store bought chicken stock as a base, and throwing in noodles, carrots, onions and celery.  I think that will feel good on my throat and I think my DD will eat it too because she loves pasta.

At least the weather is nice out right? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Did you make enough for everyone, rama - I'm not feeling much like cooking and that soup sounds great. :)

no, Pingo, not the regular this time.  I just ate too much rich food and hardly slept.  Also, happened upon a red wine that didn't agree with me.  Great news about the cruise - how sweet!  Play how you'll handle guests by ear; at least the house will be all clean.

hoping everyone is feeling better.  I rested and feel ok...after a Dramamine tonight I'll be tip top tomorrow.  Good thing - my friend is coming over at 9 to walk.

haven't really had the gumption to read much - my eyes are so tired. Will feel better tomorrow and see what I've missed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Rama, that soup sounds good. I may make a similar soup tonight. If something is going around, I don't want it to hit me before my cruise.

Have you heard of Kargiver's onion syrup? Grate an onion and mix it with even amount (eye measure) of sugar. Let it sit overnight in the ref. You can strain it if you want; I never do. Take a teaspoon full every so often. It is excellent for colds and sore throats. It will keep in the ref. for at least a week. My DH like honey (I don't), so I make it now with honey for him, since honey is considered an antiseptic.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Its best use is as an expectorant meaning it helps thin mucus (like a natural version of mucinex) for bronchitis, but, yes, it will also coat your throat.  I think if I were just in need of a sore throat coater, though, without needing to remedy a deep cough, I'd take a nice, easy tablespoon of honey without the onion juice (expectorant). Or, put said honey in some herb tea.  I'm a big fan of yogi tea, "Soothing caramel bedtime."  It has poppy extract, hence the soothing, lol.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning everyone, hope you are all feeling better.  Figures the weather is finally getting better and people are under the weather.

Pingo - that's so sweet about the cruise!  Where is it going to?  DH and I really need to get away, but it looks like it won't be for a while.  Mom's not doing that great, and MIL needs to go in for  heart valve replacement, so I am going to need to be a caretaker for a while.  The "good" news is MIL needs to go into Mass Gen for some appts Friday and I "suggested" to DH that he call his brother to take her, and he did!  So, that's good.  I think we will just need to give out assignments to him when necessary.  Luckily, his other brother is wonderful and always helps when he can.

TT, Kar, Hats, hope you can check in today!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Princess, I am glad that the BIL is going to help this week; maybe just asking outright is the way to go.  My Dad is having some problems and one sister called some of the others and asked for help and it worked really well.

I'm feeling fine today, and indeed I got a lot of work done yesterday.  I have a big project due in July and I am trying to get first drafts of my deliverables done for our mid-May checkpoint.  I did get out to get my new phlox planted, so that was good and I have a note up to remind me to water them.  Today I have some appointments so won't be as productive, nor will I be at my desk all day.

TT I am hoping that you get up 'bright -eyed and bushy-tailed" today.  Kar, hope the dramamine has given you a good night's sleep and your walk is pleasant, although it's a bit gray out there today.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Bright-eyed, I'm not.  Had call last night from man who will paint my front door, saying he could fit me in 8:00 or 9:00 this morning.  I don't want to lose this guy, he paints interiors all over the place, besides doing my gutter cleaning and bulkhead door when it needs it.  Couldn't face talking on the phone last night, so called him this morning at 7:00 telling him I felt somewhat better, and I would leave it up to him.  He's coming at 8:30.  Looked in mirror after shower and my eyes are all puffy, and I'm bent over from laying in bed so long, I guess.  Trying to get myself upright with the use of my shillaleh.

Glad you're feeling better, Kargiver.

Princess, be sure to take care of yourself with all the caregiving you will be doing.