April 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: April 2013

Good morning everyone. Hats glad you are feeling better, tt, sorry you are not. Princess, was nice of yuor BIL to step in and help with your MIL when asked, but please take care of yourself with the caretaking you will be doing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good late morning,
    Went for early fasting blood work. Then to my doc for my B12 shot. Was scheduled for next Tuesday, but since I am not here, I wanted to get it in before I left. Now at the office and then a 4pm appointment for an MRI for my knee.

Sorry, you are still not well, tt. There is definitely something going around. My Thursday cleaning lady called last night, to postpone until Saturday. Two of her assistants are sick, and it is too big a job for just 2 people. Since we are not at home, we are now scheduled for the Saturday after we get back. I am actually relieved. It gives me an extra day to get everything in order. Only problem is, that my BIL will arrive the same day - late afternoon. Can't do much about it though. So if they are not done, by the time they come, they will just have to put up with it. Hopefully it is a nice day, so we can sit on the deck.

Princess, sorry to hear about your mother and MIL. I understand, they both will need your help and care, but you must take care of yourself first. Good you are getting help from DH's brothers. It is their mother too after all. It is annoying to always have to ask, but maybe that is what you need to do.

If you haven't been out yet, do yourself a favor and get out for a bit. It is simply just perfect out. Wish it was just like this all year round.

Amber, how was your first day at your new job? And Winter, how are the peas doing?

Have a good afternoon everyone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Door looks spectacular - how come it doesn't look that good when I paint it?!

Fingering my way along with this and that to eat.  Some oatmeal, a little applesauce, and now a piece of bread in the toaster.  If I could only straighten up - I could fly right!  lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo the plants are doing great. DS hasn't taken today's measurement yet, but they grow more every day. The one with the regular soil looks much better then the one with the organic soil.

tt, what color was the door painted? Hopefully our fence is finished today. all that's left are the two gates. Yesterday they cemented the final posts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, how are you feeling?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Much better than yesterday.  Posted half an hour ago, but it disappeared.  Just wish I could straighten up.  Thought that would clear up by now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Glad your feeling better tt. Has Cheerio been keeping you company?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

She's following me from room to room and snuggling right down against my leg every time I sit down.  Guess she needs the warmth today.  Altho yesterday she spent most of the day on the bed with me too.  Good old girl.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I wish Gracie were so compassionate, sigh...  Avoiding the computer for my eyes/headache, but wanted to check in a second so you wouldn't worry.  Chat tomorrow. ~kar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

On briefly, up and semi upright, and feeling better.  Going to make a batch of pancakes and get some solid food into me.

Had a heads up from Cat lady that they were going to Foxwoods for a night, and would I be on the lookout for Harry for breakfast.  I was, only too late.  She found out from his owner that she lets him out at 5:30 mornings when she gets up.  Well, 6:00 I might make, but as it was this morning it was quarter to seven.  He was nowhere in sight.  I'll keep checking, he may be waiting patiently at C.L.'s for her handout.

Hope your headache is better this morning, Kargiver, and that everyone else is doing good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

back to normal this morning, thanks!  Tt, I hope your pancakes infuse you with more strength and you continue to feel better today.

haven't caught up yet but I'm thinking of you. :)

~kar

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. Nice to see you are both feeling better today. Did take a a picture this morning, before the official measurement, hope it works. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Glad to hear our trio of sick ladies are on the mend and feeling better. Hope it continues trough the day, tt - so you can get that stiff back of yours all straightened out.
    Too bad you missed Harry, tt. He must have a given name from his owner. I don't recall, you mentioned it.
    Winter, funny the peas are doing better in the regular dirt. So much for organic stuff. LOL
    Had a busy day yesterday with all sorts of appointments. Today will be a full and busy day at the office. Then I can concentrate on getting ready (house, plants, packing) for the cruise tmw.
    So I am leaving in a few minutes. You all have a good day. Looks like it is going to be wonderful out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, I didn't see your post, before I posted mine. Your new fence looks really nice. And so do the peas.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter!  Look at how those plants have sprung up!  That's so interesting that the organic soil didn't produce faster growth.

Pingo, did I tell you that when G.T. was down he said those two new green shoots at the bottom of the orchid weren't buds, but new roots?  I was disappointed, but at least it's still living and reaching out.  btw, Harry's official name from his owner is Oliver.  He answers to Harry to me and Cat Lady tho.  Keep looking out, but still haven't seen him as yet this morning.

This weak middle of my back is a mystery to me - I've put a little lift insert in my right shoe to see if that helps at all.  May have to go to more of a wedge heeled shoe.  I remember my former neighbor had had back surgery and still could only wear a heel to be without back pain.  Gosh, how I miss her.  Have a pic of her and I taken at G.T.'s on one of her summer visits up here that's framed and on my l.r. table.  We were a good looking pair 10 years ago!

OK, off to try to walk up straight.  Don't know what day lawn people my son got me are coming, but don't want their first impression of his mother as some bent over old lady.  

One more day and then you're off again, Pingo.  My gosh you've certainly done your traveling already in 2013.

P.S.  Yes, I love your fence, Winter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Pingo and tt. We think the fence loooks great as well. Now to clean up the yard! The plant on the right (blue ruler) is the regular soil, in case anyone was wondering. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think the experiment is proving why most growers use non-organic growing methods - things grow faster and are more hearty.  Nice photo!  The fence looks great.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's May, folks.  Started a May thread.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

It's May, folks.  Started a May thread.

Sure is, the 3rd....I can't figure out what happened, but I pressed the button I've always been pressing and this time it told me to log in....yippee....Winter, I love your fence, what a difference......folks in back of me put one up, but wood color and now it looks lousy, yours will look nice forever!!  Can't believe it, Mr. and I will be married 56 yrs on the 5th....he doesn't want to do anything, I've been trying to talk him into going out for dinner, maybe I can talk him into going for an ice cream, we have a placee a couple of towns over that make thir own....I can almost taste it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hope you don't mind, SS, I copied and posted your above post over in the May 2013 thread.

Sections
Shortcuts