April 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: April 2013

It's another gorgeous day out there,  Ran to S&S for some salad makings.  Have been without for a couple of days and was dying for a nice big salad with the kitchen sink in it.  The end of the week I'll have to go out again for fresh salad makings for Sunday.

Stripped the bed early this morning to force myself to do at least one wash - still haven't, but I'll get down there before Dr. Phil comes on.  Want to make a batch of choc chip cookies too.  Haven't any cookies in the house.

What's this about stormy weather?  Haven't caught the weather forecast.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

November, even though you are not nursing physically, you are giving your baby girl a great start in life. IMO it is a lot, lot harder to pump, than it is to nurse the baby physically. This is definitely a labor of love. I was lucky, I could stay at home, so I nursed both until they went to the cup.
    Women have a lot of different reason not to nurse, and everyone makes the choice, that is best for them. If I had to go to work, and even though a nursing room or whatever was available to me, I don't think I would have continued to pump. I give you a lot of credit, November. And believe me, you are definitely not crazy. The people, who think such, should be ashamed of themselves.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It is a nice day out. Now I'm wanting a salad, too bad I don't have time to go to the market it would go lovely with the steak tips we are having for dinner. I think the fence company may be starting our fence next week. He's checking on his delivery. I can't wait.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I made chicken soup yesterday and will have a bowl of that for supper.  Picked up another stuffed cabbage roll when I was shopping.  Enjoyed the last ones I bought there.  Will save that for tomorrow.   Ice cream this week probably won't appeal to the kids on Sunday, but it caught my eye - Hoods black raspberry - had a little dish when I got home - makes me think of an ice cream stand.  Probably as long as I put it in a sugar cone with jimmies, they'll devour it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Ice cream sounds yummy!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm sure it will seem good to have a privacy fence up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

An ice cream cone w/ Jimmies for the kids sounds great. They will love it.

Re the Koi pond. Do the guys know, what they are getting themselves into? TX son's FIL has one, and he has to be at home every day at 4 pm - rain or shine - to feed them. It is worse than have a dog or cat. A Koi pond sounds romantic, but it is also a lot of headache. Trust me. He had to put some wire netting over it, b/c the large birds swooped right down and had dinner. He couldn't understand, why the Kois were disappearing. Thought they were dying and the other Kois ate them, until he took one bird in the act. And that is just the start of the problems, he has. Not that I want to discourage them, but I say good luck to them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Friend of mine had the same problem with birds eating the Koi - only it was a kingfisher.  Almost worth it in my mind to see a kingfisher, but expensive way to watch birds.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My friend here who comes back every summer, has a lovely koi pond here and has to be on the lookout for a blue heron who flies in from town just to dine on hers.  Soooo, I guess they know what they are getting into.  It's not a done deal, but just in the thinking stages.  Something G.T. has always thought he would like.  I forget now what my friend named this guy, Ralph, maybe?  I'm with you, Hats, told her I would keep a supply of fish there just to see this guy with the big wingspan and long legs fly in each evening.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I would love to see the Kingfisher too in real life. Beautiful bird.

Have you seen the hawk again, tt? That must be and awesome sight. We have hawks here too but way way up. On a rare occasion, they dive down and pick up a prey. But they are gone before you have a chance to take a look at them. Never seen one up close.

Leaving tomorrow for warmer weather. I am hoping my son will set me up with his computer, so I can chat from there. Have a good evening everyone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

I have pics from last summer of our hawk sitting right on top of the birdfeeder, and on the fence under it.  He's a beauty.  (Maybe I'll change my avatar to him just for today).  There seems to be one chipmunk who still climbs the pole and sits in the feeder while he eats - thought yesterday, he'd better be quick on the uptake.  I suspect he's the tidbit the hawk favors, because our chipmunk population has certainly dwindled.

Hope you have good weather on your trip, Pingo, and that your PT pays off as far as comfort getting around, plus the long airflight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Back in January I was walking to my car after working a half day - it was 1:30 in the afternoon, and I was coming through a parking lot which is built on a hill.  At the top of the hill, there's the parking lot entrance from the street.  My car was parked on the street just before the entrance.  On the left, there's a forsythia bush.  In the bush was a red tailed hawk.  He was just at my eye/hand level.  I was singing as I walked, and thought he would fly off.  He did not move at all.  As I went past, I could see every feather. If I'd put my hand out, I could have touched him.  His feathers were so many different shades!  

I had slowed my pace, and I looked at him, he looked at me; he did not move.  I walked to the car and stood by the door, looking.  No movement.  I finally 'clicked' the door opener, got in the car, looked at him some more, and drove off.  He never moved.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What an experience to have, Hats.  Almost as tho you were dreaming it.  You mesmorized him with your song!   He probably went back to the same spot daily for a while looking/listening for the "bird" with the beautiful song!  Yes, their feathers are a myriad of colors, even their chests - you can see that a little bit in my avatar.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Pingo, have a nice flight to sunny Texas. Hats, that's cool about the hawk listening to you singing. We have a couple near where I work and every so often they land near our kitchen window and stare at us while we are eating. tt, beautiful picture. I have training today from 9-12. Cricital Thinking Part 2.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning,

Pingo, hope you see the well wishes for your trip today and 10 day TX vacation!!  Have a wonderful time, and we will be watching for a few posts. :)

Hats, that is amazing the hawk just sat there; maybe he had grown accustomed to the goings on in that lot.

tt, thanks for posting that gorgeous hawk from last year, what a beauty.

I washed Gracie's crate inside and out and fluffed her bed in the dryer.  It smells so fresh - like nothing - in her crate, now, and the whole house smells clean.

Hoping to clean out the master closet and try on everything today and only keep things I really want and that fits well.  How does stuff pile up so fast?  I've only lived here 4 years.

20 degrees colder today...I'm spoiled by the 60s already!  We'll have to start the stove up today.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Thank you again, Pingo for your kind words... and Bon voyage!!  Have a wonderful visit!!

Dinner last night was nothing exciting - MB chicken, potatoes, peas and carrots - except that baby girl was eating it too! She's been having little bits of table food her and there, and has mastered Cheerios and puffs.  So, I decided to try giving her a whole table food meal.  She did really well with it, despite smashing the peas and carrots into mush for fun.  Puppy was thrilled to have a new food source and parked himself right under the high chair to catchwhatever didn't make it into her mouth.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,
    What a temperature difference. Went out to fill the bird feeder. Came back inside quickly.
    Thanks for sharing your hawk w/ us, tt. What a gorgeous bird. You are welcome to send him here; we have plenty of chipmunks.
    Almost ready to take off. Everything ready to be packed. DH left for work early. Now waiting for him to bring home 2 doz. bagels. Can't get them in TX. DIL shares w/ her sister and w/ 3 people, we have plenty of room.
    Can't wait to sit by the pool and enjoy the warm weather. Saw it is going to be in the 80th next week.
    If I don't get back here today, you all have a good day/weekend/week. I will try to post from TX. Take care until I get back.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's exciting, Nov!

pingo, safe and happy travels - we're hoping you can post from TX at least here and there to give the highlights as you have time. :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pingo, hope everyone is happy with the bagels and you have a warm and wonderful time.  Are you taking all your new clothes with you or buying more down there?  I hope you can post about your trips and wonderful meals for us.

We have a new baby in the family!  I bought some nice outfits for the little one and have packed them in a sweet gift bag with lots of pretty tissue.  Am putting off going to the PO with it so that Mom can have a chance to heal a little from her C section before it arrives in the mail.  That first week is so foggy and there's so much work and worry but she has lots of family who will do anything for her so she'll be fine!  Now I must start plotting and planning as to how I can get out to the midwest to see him!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats, hats!!!  Good thinking putting off the gift for a week or two so the mom can really enjoy it.  

Not sure if Pingo is still around, but she's taking the few clothes she's bought that fit well and is planning on going on a shopping trip with DIL to get her Spring/Summer wardrobe.  She put it off because there is a much better selection of those clothes in TX than here!  Go figure, lol, we get 3 months a year of what they have all year 'round.

And, speaking of new clothes, my 3 latest test bras are in the mail!  I love the internet.  I hope they ALL fit and are comfy so I can be done with this.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Congratulations, Hats.  Nothing like a new little one to set your heart bursting with love.  Hope you can make plans before too long to get out to visit him and his mom and dad.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Congratulations Hats!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Congratulations on the new arrival to the family hats. Training is over and time to see what's for lunch.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I finished up the last little bowl of chicken soup and then tried putting some cut up strawberries I had with juice, over a plain half moon cookie, with Cool whip.  Cookie isn't soft enough, so I'll stick with trifle made with cake for Sunday dessert.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I had the last of the turkey I cooked Sunday along with some stuffing.  We need to finish the stuffing tonight, too, because it's been as long as I'm willing to keep meat (and I put the turkey drippings in the stuffing).  Will finish up the lamb/chicken meatloaf "muffins," too, for the same reason; I cooked them on the same day.

Oh, and drinking a nice beer right now.  Gracie's barking...