April 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: April 2013

Great zoom on the photo, tt.  So cute!

Pingo, that's great you are buying out your current car.  We like to keep our cars as long as possible because DH can maintain them so we don't have to worry about them becoming money  pits for a very long time.  If you have that option it really helps financially over the long haul, I think.  

Winter, your CRV holds its value fabulously - I had one for 13 years that I had bought new for $15k and sold it for $2000.  It was a manual transmission, but I had taken excellent care of it as I'm sure you have, as well.

Supposed to be 50 today, yay!!  Not sure what is on the docket, but at least I know our walk won't be cold.  The plants will be put in the greenhouse around 9, I bet, since DH wants it to be 70 in there before I do.

Has your son started the seeds yet, Winter?  I hope they all germanate!  Our slower trays are starting to show signs of life; a few more popped through the "ground" last night.

I saw a recipe for Moroccan chicken in this month's Food Network Magazine (gift sub from my folks) that I think I'll make today.  I have TJ's chicken breasts, and I have most of the ingredients on hand.  Will hit S&S, though, for the rest and a few other things today.  

Have a great day, everyone!

~kar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. Kar, I don't have a CRV, I want to get one with AWD. I have a Versa. DS hasn't planted the seeds yet, because his project has been approved yet. He turned it in Tuesday but didn't have science yesterday. I suspect he will hear today.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, sorry - I skimmed your post pre-coffee and got caught, again!  Ah, the approval, yes...I hope he gets the go ahead.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    50 today? That will be nice. Even though I don't care as much for the warmer temp, as I do for the wind slowing down. It has been miserably windy for the past two days.
    Not much going on here today. Working from home today as I have a doc's appointment later this afternoon w/ my knee doc.
    Got an e-mail from son, who is in Munich right now. He ate roasted pork with crispy rind. Made my mouth water. Too bad we can't buy it here. I was thinking of serving him pork roast w/ sweet and sour red cabbage, when he gets here Saturday. But that will be lame, compared to the pork w/ the crispy rind, so I will have to think of something else. 
    tt, I am not nagging; I am just curious. Did you make an appointment yet with your hip doctor? Or are you feeling better now? Hoping for the latter.
    Have a good day everyone. Chat later.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Nothing spectacular going on here today, in or out.  Just checking in so you'll know I'm "up and about and taking nourishment", as they say.

Princess, are you around?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, I saw Paula Deen make crispy pork rind on TV yesterday.  She cut the rind off a ham and fried it herself.  She didn't give the calories of the deep fried pork fat, LOL. ;)

Absolutely gorgeous out.  I think I'll put things together here, put myself together and take Gracie to a dog-friendly store for a new pooooper scooper.  I broke ours on the ice.  Too bad, too, because they aren't as cheap as one would think they are.

Will put the "babies" in the greenhouse first - I bet it is at least 70 in there by now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

TT - I'm around, thanks for asking.  Just haven't had anything interesting to add to the conversation.

Looks like you are all keeping busy with cars, plans and visits!  That's always nice to read about!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Was going to call this morning about an appt., Pingo, but am having lunch with "the girls" tomorrow - we all worked in the hospital.  One of the gals still does when they need her.  I'll chat with them and get their opinions as to who would be best to see.  I'm not looking for radical treatment, just want to put a name to the problem and find out what I can do given limited pain relief I can take.  Tomorrow's another day, there'll be plenty of time in the afternoon to make a call.

Sat is fast approaching - what a fun week you will have before leaving for Texas.  I'm sure anything you make will taste good to him, nothing like home cooking.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Saw your post when mine came up, Princess, what about the doctor's appt?  Have you had that yet?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, you voiced concern, thank you, for my health/weight awhile ago, and my latest post in the April LoseIt thread will make you feel better, I think.

OK, the plants are in the greenhouse (an hour later than I had meant to do it), and it's about 100 in there.  I wonder if I should open a vent; there are a lot of strong sun hours left in the day, and I don't want to fry them...maybe a quick call to DH is in order.

Gracie has the right idea, out sunning herself on the patio bench with an old doggie bed on it.  50s and 60s are her favorite temps especially if it's sunny.  This morning it was 25, and she was literally whining in front of the unlit stove asking for me to light the fire.  What a spoiled dog! ;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

JC, your post came up when mine did.  I wonder what is in the air for so many of us to be car shopping/buying?!  I can't stand haggling, but I do it, sigh.  I'm not going to get taken just because I hate confrontation, LOL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Scooted over and glad to see you're planning on staying at your current weight, Kargiver.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, tt. :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That's the best thing to do, tt, to get a recommendation. That's the way I always work, when doctors and dentists are concerned.

4 Wranglers, Jeepers - that is something. That's the way we were w/ our Audis. We had 7 of them. What color did you get? That's the way we went in Saturday looking for a new model of the car, I own. Don't sell us anything else. But they didn't have exactly, what we wanted. Black on black w/ navigation and 6 cylinders. Couldn't find it in another dealership??? They tried hard to sell us a white 6 cylinders, until i told him, if I heard the word "white" one more time, I would walk out. Then he tried a red w/ beige interior and navigation and 4 cylinders. Well, we ended up keeping the one I have, and I am happy as a lark.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Being happy to walk out is definitely the key.  

Ive thought I'd killed lots of plants that way, lol.  They are surprisingly tolerant!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

LOL  Boston.com survey popped up - "Our site will be better with your input"  Asked 2 questions, zip code and then my age.  As soon as I put my age in - "Thank you that is all the questions we have for you now"  !!  Guess I should have fudged a bit on that one!  lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL!!!  I got that, too, but it does not allow the survey to be taken on an ipad and I didn't feel like logging in from the laptop to take it.  That's all it asked for input?!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, but I'm sure it stopped because of my age - I'm not in the demographics they are interested in attracting.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That's too funny, tt. Haven't gotten that survey yet. Will remember to fudge my age - LOL - and see what happens. I just hate those surveys. I can't believe, they still ask you your income. Who would want to disclose that? Unless there is a block that says "Would rather not answer that" - I fudge that one too. Check the lowest income.

Jeepers, Basil plants are not easy to take care of. Especially indoors. So, don't get discouraged, if it dies on you. The ones you buy in the grocery stores have been forced, and are in a special soil, that really don't hold much water. Also, they get bugs very easily. Get one from a nursery, if you must. They do better even indoors.
    Our son's Jeep is white too. White w/ black top. I once fell in love with a red w/ black top for myself, but then my family talked me out of it. How are you getting in and out of it, with your bad hips? I realized, they were right. A yellow Jeep is cool too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

We (both DH and I) are white auto owners too!  The last 4 SUVs we've had are all white, and DH's current & past 3 trucks are all white (thought, that is his company's colors).

My dr. appt is tomorrow, tt.  You are so sweet for remembering.  I am very nervous.  Earlier in the week I felt just terrible, but have been taking sodium and potassium supplements so I think those have helped me.  Hopefully my blood work will be okay!

Went out with some friends last night, it was fun to see them as we haven't gotten together in a while.  I couldn't believe how many people actually go out on a Wed evening . . the place was mobbed!  DH and I are so used to getting up early, working long hrs, then taking care of things at home during the week we rarely go out.   These people probably have the right idea, lol.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

White is actually the safest car color.  Because other drivers can see the car at all times.  I often find that black/silver/gray cars are not visible on suburban roads that are well shaded by all the trees, or in fog or at night.

Sections
Shortcuts