April 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: April 2013

getting together with friends is such a tonic, isn't it?  And, on a weeknight is even more fun as it breaks up the work week with something fun.

speaking of that, have fun with the girls, tt!

best at the doc's tomorrow, prin.  have been thinking of you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I know I won't get white, it would bug me on how dirty it looks so fast. As for 4 vs 6 cylinders. Well I've had both and the 4 cylinder gives you much better gas mileage. I'm think another shade of blue or red. Not even sure we'll do it, but I'm hoping. I drive further now and while I love my little car it slips on the snowy roads a little too much for my liking. I had a Maxima before this and that never slipped, though it cost more to fill up since it was a 6 cylinder.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

@winter,  have you thought about putting snow tires on the Versa for the winter months?

I had a Volvo that was horrid in the snow, but it was like a different car with snow tires.

It may use a little more gas, but I didn't notice.

Btw: They kill you with the 4 wheel drive maintenance costs, that I did notice!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Robin, we have thought about it, but with the expense of the tires then having them changed twice a year seems like too much of a hassle. With my DS getting bigger and the sports stuff a bigger car does make more sense. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Okay,  I tried.  I miss my Volvo, snow tires and all!  Traded it in for a 4 wheel drive suv, nothing but $ to maintain.

I now have a small 4 cylinder front wheel drive....wouldn't take it out in bad weather if you paid me!

Eta: Rav4 is a decent 4 cylinder suv.

Color is a personal decision,  however, I think everyone should have a fire engine red sports car, at least once!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

You are right, Winter. A 4 cylinder gets better mileage, but the 6 cylinder has a much better pick up, if you have to enter a busy road like Rt.1 f.ex. or Rt. 128 during rush hours.
    I had a white car once, and they don't look more dirty than any other car IMO. My black car looks just as dirty, if I don't wash it regularly. Every little dust flake is seen on it. So did my red car, I once owned.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I agree w/ you Robin. I owned a Lexus once, and I was afraid to drive it during snow and ice season. It was all over the road. Until I finally got snow tires. It was a totally different car to drive. I really didn't find it much of a problem to get the tires changed twice a year. Any gas station will do it for you. Besides the tires last twice as long.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I hear you Pingo I LOVED my Maxima (which was black). An idiot driver rear ended me in a HUGE pickup and it was totaled. I have to take 128 and 93 as well.

Robin the Honda CRV is actually rated higher then the Rav4 it's 4 cylinder as well. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

This line on convo makes me laugh.  With both my current car and the one before, my only requirement was "not beige".  Can you guess what color they were/are?!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Then I have to store the tires. The only day I'm available to get tires changed is a Saturday and that's not easy to find. I'm really not upset about getting a new car :).

ETA:  I didn't get the survey.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

A lot of places will store the tires for you (sometimes for no charge),  this was a while back of course, but I just would time the tire change with the routine oil change.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks, but I'm not interested in the snow tires. As I stated I really don't mind the new car since I could use the trunk space.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novem, white??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Haha, Winter, I wish.  Beige! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Yeah, I get my car washed every week.  My current and last 3 cars have been SUVs so they are all great in the snow.  One of the many reasons why I will always have an SUV as long as I live in this area.  My DH has his "toys" (Camaro, Harley) so those are fun in the nice weather!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

The small suvs have no trunk space!

I found that they tried to be too many things and didn't excel in any area.

I threw out the back seats on one of these vehicles, just to have enough room for a couple of small dogs!

But the real deal breaker was that the routine maintenance was ridiculous.

Oh, and the recalls, lol 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

If anyone does have snow tires, Fahey's in Wakefield stored ours. I believe they still do.

I wish, I was as regular to get my car washed every week, princess. For me it is a hit or miss. DH car can have his car washed every day, if he wishes. He just have to drive to the dealer, which is only 5 minutes from us, and run through the car wash. No charge. But unfortunately it is not on his way, so he still goes somewhere else and pay for it. Imagine that? He feels he doesn't have the time. It irritates me, beyond anything.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

The CRV will have alot more space than I have now plus it will be AWD. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

You know AWD is not the same thing as 4WD.....I didn't, that's why I mention it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes I do. I've reasearched what I want. Haven't driven one yet, but I'll wait until we are readay. DH doesn't think I need AWD, but told him that's what I want.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Crazy as it might sound, white looks cleaner than most because dirt is light in color.  My ex didn't believe me and bought a black car so it would look clean.  Every tiny spec of road dust showed, and he hated it.  I have a white winter coat, and I can lean against the car and it ends up looking cleaner than if I do that with my hunter green one.  It's counterintuitive until you think about how dust is essentially whitish/gray (not to mention road salt).  And, I think that's why white has historically had the highest resale value than any other color car.  We have two of the same model car, my DH's is white, mine is beige.  His always looks cleaner, and he drives more than I do.  Just my two cents on white cars!  I love them!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I LOVED my CRV, and I have close friends who bought later models and loved them just as much. They handle really well, and for their size they have a ton of room.  And, I had NO problems with it mechanically, either.

tt, I've been aiming to maintain for months; I just wanted you to know I found my correct budget.

now I want a new car.......banish the thought, I don't need one!

Had leftover rice pasta, canned sauce I added sauteed onions and garlic to, and prepared chicken meatballs for lunch.  Yummy and easy.  Went out with Gracie to buy the scooper, and they were out of them so it was a long trip for a nice bully stick for her.  We stopped in town and walked around saying hello.  Lovely day!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Now if white was the only one there that had what I was looking for I'd gladly take it. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

They really do look the cleanest - honest!

hats, I meant to comment on the Ball cookies, very cute!