April 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Just wanted to say hello and tell you all I miss you.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing

- Darth Vadar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Just checking in

Icer

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Re: April 2014

The guys in the Red Sox forum found this workaround, but you have to use IE.

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-enable-compatibility-view-in-internet-explorer-11-ie11/"; rel="nofollow">http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-enable-compatibility-view-in-internet-explorer-11-ie11/

It's how I'm able to post now.

Meanwhile, Dev has given me an estimate of 12-24 hours for a fix to be in place.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'll pull up my IE and give it a shot - YEAH! Well, that's beyond me. Thought it would bring me right in - NOT

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

They're Chowdaheads!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I'm surprised noone has thanked dottie yet for this mess. Isnt that what OBN does? Thank dottie everytime the board breaks down?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hope it is not the same crew, that programmed the Gov.'s new health insureance. If so, we are in big trouble.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Testing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thought your "test" might mean we could again post - not yet, I see.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

It's actually working again, trumpet. You should be able to post messages now

Please no thank you's though, okay? You know I hate that

Promise me you will resist the urge to thank you-know-who

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's working???

YES!  Hurray!  Thank you, Dottie for keeping after them for a fix.  And, thanks, Ache, for posting, I was coming in to shut the computer off, and wouldn't have tried again if I hadn't seen your post.

Missed chatting today, but I have to be honest, did get a lot done.

P.S.  Awfully lot of wasted space in sign off - don't want to erase it completely, but didn't know what part of the coding on the profile page to erase to correct it.  Also, no coding for color or text for it. 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Thank you, Dottie for keeping after them for a fix.  

Oh, for crying out loud, trumpet

I give up...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hey, Ache.  Where would we be if we didn't at least have someone to direct our complaints to?  You know the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Now what's going on with the spacing?  I keep going in editing trying to bring the lines closer together and it just gets worse.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Well, I'm glad it's semi fixed.  Maybe I'll feel like chatting tomorrow.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Hey, Ache.  Where would we be if we didn't at least have someone to direct our complaints to?  You know the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

You keep bringing up your "greasy wheel" theory, trumpet, but when have you ever gotten satisfaction out of dottie on anything? Except for her help in facilitating a few dozen bannings several years ago (no names please), dottie has given you and the rest of OBN bupkus

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I don't look at it that way.  She's our liaison when there are problems, not the fixer.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Yes, we must point out that Dottie has been very patient with our impatience.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

So, Hats, what have you been up to?  I was out and about this morning hunting down a good white chocolate bunny for GD, and finding an elusive small pkg. of vanilla cook pudding for my Peaches n'Cream pie.  Baskets are at last bulging at the seams and I'm pleased with them.  Scrounged a couple of more green pages and have made and mod podged a small green decorative saucer that I'll add a shamrock in the center , and put in GD's bro's basket, similar to the one I made her for St. Paddy's.  All's right with the world.

Pulling out my recipe for the pie this morning had me thinking of the lady I got it from, and I typed and sent her a letter along with one of the old fashioned valentines I have.  Because of the note I got from her daughter at Christmas, saying her mother would enjoy hearing from friends and what they had been doing, I think she is probably in a nursing home, at best.  But anyway, I did tell her how I thought of her and the visit my cousin and I had made driving to the uppermost, logging part of Maine about 6 years ago, and her kindness in letting me copy recipes from her notebook.  I remembered too, her many kindnesses when she was taking care of my Aunt and we would visit the farm.

Tomorrow is floor washing day and making up my mind what I'll be wearing Easter.  Something warm, that's for sure.

P.S.  Just opened an email from pumpkin's mom thanking me for the boys' cards/poems.  Pumpkin gets all excited having mail to open and after his mother reads his to him, he takes his little bro's over to him and pretends to be reading that one to him.  Reminds me of the video I saw on WBZ today of the father and baby talking back and forth through the slider door - father is on the balcony and the baby chatting in baby talk points out and wants to go out there.  Father says, "No, you can't come out here, it's very dangerous."  Then baby points out to the right and chats, and father says, "No, you can't go over there, you'd fall."  Conversation continues on back and forth and it's the cutest thing.  Must be going viral on Youtube.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Easter eggs and jelly beans,
    yellow peeps all in a row -
    Nerds and Starkist candies,
    Baskets tied with floppy bows.

Easter clothes in bright new colors
    the pastels that signal Spring -
    tulips, lilies, hyacinths
    in pots for us to bring -

A gathering at G.T.'s
    a festive time can be assured -
    around the table gathered
    love and friendship, can be heard.

The food, the decorations,
    all inspiring to the palate -
    Laughter, jokes and funny tales
    fill out the Easter ballot.

I wish you "Happy Easter"
    gathered, where you may -
    with friends and family by your side
    a joyful, laugh-filled day.

Happy Easter from toytrumpet - 2011, 2013, 2014

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Well, TT, seems that the BDC SNAFU couldn't have come at a better time for you, you are all ready for the holiday.

We are staying home by ourselves this year - DD can't come home and DH won't be home until late, after the two church services, so I will be alone...our company last year (his family) was not appreciative of the food or the effort that I made so I decided just to concentrate on my friends.  We're going to have a party for them next weekend, and I am going to work on the several graduations we'll be having in May.  I do need to go out for the turkey etc.

I worked a lot last week so didn't get any crafting done except for photographing all the wreaths.  I have plans for this week, though!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Hope this works. What a lovely poem tt, thank you for sharing. How cute that pumpkin "reads" his brother's card to him. We leave for our Murder Mystery weekend today, I'm leaving work at noon and we'll leave around 2 or so. Sunday we are driving to Foxwoods to stay the night. I'm going to play bingo Sunday night and Monday morning. I suspect we'll come home after that.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing

- Darth Vadar

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

We have another feature back - easy to notice because there are so few postings this morning - on the face page as you scroll down it lists the latest post on each thread.  Haven't had that feature for a long time.

Sorry you will be alone most of the day, Hats, but I know sometimes that's not a bad thing.  I'm sure your mind will go back to when your DD was little, and the Easter egg hunts and visits from the Easter bunny.  I have a decorative large bunny that waves its hand - G.T. brought it home from a clothing store in Boston that was closing its doors, years ago, and when I put that out each year I can still see pumpkin's mom dressed in all her finery (I posted the pic here once) standing on the couch, leaning over to touch the bunny who was in the l.r. window.

I'm sure his family appreciated the dinner invitation last year, Hats, but some people are just not verbally appreciative.  I'll tell you a funny story because I know she doesn't read these boards - was talking to my cousin a couple of days ago, she's been on Prednisone for 3 weeks now and was so chirpy and cheery I could hardly stand her (!).  (I've taken it twice, I think, and I remember how wonderful it makes you feel).  Anyway, in the course of our conversation I told her about writing the letter to the housekeeper in upper Maine recalling our trip there to see her.  Completely unlike herself, she burst out, "Oh, yes. We had so much fun finding her house.  We had a lot of fun times on our trips, didn't we?"  NEVER, in all the years has she ever showed enthusiasm for any of the summer vacations we took, of which it usually was my car and me driving.  I'd drop her off at the end of the trip and it would just be "goodbye, talk next week."  When she said that the other night I almost said, "You know that's the first time you've ever said you even had a good time."  My point being, that some people just do not express their emotions.

Off to get dressed and start on the house today.  Have looked through my closet and still don't know what I am going to wear Easter. Feel as tho I should make an effort.  DIL who has  had  her share of reoccurence of cancer scares of late, got the final benign test results Tuesday and is celebrating with a new outfit for Easter.  I can't go that far, but should at least show up brightly, festively dressed.  We are all celebrating her clean bill of health.  She's a wonderful girl (woman).

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Saw your post when mine came up, Winter.  What a fun week-end you two have planned.  Mystery week-end AND Foxwoods?  They're in opposite directions!  Do they take pics at the mystery week-end?  Hope so, you'll enjoy looking at those and remembering your "acting" experiences.  Have a wonderful time.

P.S.  Am I wrong?  Isn't the mystery stay in Vermont?  Maybe it's in CT too.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

Sections
Shortcuts