April 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: April 2014

So glad that your DIL got a clean bill of health.  That will make Easter much more festive.

Not a case of not expressing appreciation - that I can stand.  It's the leaving early and refusing to eat my food because I use real food instead of processed garbage - e.g. not eating whipped cream because they eat cool whip, one eats no veg or potato, one eats no meat, one takes large plates full of food and doesn't eat it, another one insists on dumping all their easter sweets on us so her family won't eat them - so I end up throwing stuff out or eating it all myself and gaining weight...really, DH will appreciate my cooking, and so will I so I will be batting 1.000 rather than .280.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Laugh and let it roll off your back.  My family are a bunch of picky eaters too, always changing what they do and don't eat.  I now fix what I like, there is always plenty of it, and if they're hungry, they'll choose something from amongst it to eat.  OTOH, verbally stating that one doesn't eat whipped cream (OMG, are there such people?) only Cool Whip, is rude, and I guess you just have to ignore their ignorance.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It's 2 1/5 hours to FOxwoods and 3 1/5 hours home, so we are going off course a little bit. :) I remember that photo that you posted of pumpkin's mom. What a great memory. Glad your cousin fondly remembers your vacations.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing

- Darth Vadar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

If 1/2 of them enjoyed it, I would but not one single one of them enjoys it when DD is not there so....next year, maybe...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good lawd, just got an email from G.T. asking if I was bringing an adult Easter basket "as usual"????  Do I usually bring an Easter basket?  I think I've only done that when I have made the bread dough basket, and I'm not doing that this year, but he evidently must have been thinking I was.  Cannot face stretching that dough etc.  Was thinking of doing it only if GD was here to help.  

ETA:  Just got a couple of phone calls, and here it is almost 10:00 and I'm still not dressed.  Getting off boards for a bit and getting to my to do list around the house.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be heading out soon, but I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter. I will be back on the Forums on Tuesday.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing

- Darth Vadar

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have a wonderful week-end, Winter.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Sorry about the basket TT

Icer

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Sorry about the bread basket

Icer

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I wish you lived closer, Icer, I'd have "commissioned" you to make me one!  Now I'm second guessing the paper bowl I made him, it is not one of my best and tho I like the colors, not pleased with the outcome. Sooo, I'm going to take a couple of loaves of the frozen bread dough out of the freezer and try putting one together.  Won't give it much time to dry out, but hey, I'll make a decision when it's done.  I'm getting a headache.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Woo hoo!. The Forums seem to be working again.

Hats, we are two peas in a pod. DH and I will be alone too. None of the boys are around, and even though DH's  family is around, I don't feel like inviting them. Not only are they picky eaters, but also so non-appreciative. Come late, leave early, making sure they tell me, there was not enough for them to eat, even though I try to cook a second full meal for them.  It is different if our boys are here, then I will put up with their antics, just so the boys get to be with their extended family.

Besides, DH and I are going to have a busy weekend. We are preparing for a new tenant. Not that we have to do the work ourselves, but we have to be around. Plus with my trip to England coming up in a week or so, I have plenty to do at the office preparing for while I am gone.

UKS is still in TX. Thus celebrating Easter with his brother and his in-laws. He will be back in Boston Monday.

Had such a wonderful time with princess Pingo. Miss her so. She is now much more of a little person, than when we visited last. Laughing, "talking" and awake a lot. We are already making plans to go soon after I return from England. Maybe Mem. Day or definitely the 4th. She is so precious. 

Glad to hear DS's play went well, Winter, and that his voice held up. Hove is your arm doing? Have a wonderful Easter weekend. Sounds like it is going to be so much fun.

tt, good luck with your bread basket. You are really adventurous. I wouldn't dare.

Have a good day everyone. Chat later if BDC allows me.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, I filled my paper bowl with the kisses and Worther's, lined the middle with Cadbury eggs, stood the old fashioned card up in the middle, and tied it all up in a clear bag with a big purple ribbon and bow.  Made up my mind since I made it for him, I would take it to him.  In the meantime the two loaves are thawing on the counter.  May run out today and get a whole new supply of Easter candies, since if it comes out, it will have to be filled with grass and candy.  Don't want to disappoint him if he was expecting it, he is so good to me and certainly goes out of his way doing things for me.

Glad you has such a great visit with the baby, Pingo.  I think soon you're going to be buying a second place down there!

Floors got washed, now there's still the dilemma of what to wear ???

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Has anyone tried to post a photo? I tried. You get a box that is more involved - maybe someone can "translate " it for me.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I could try to translate that photo box but it doesn't work as far as I can tell, so why bother?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

the image should appear above here, but no.......and btw, changing avatars doesn't work either so we are stuck!  A bit of warning that they were going to change everything would have helped....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Were we going to get a picture of the baby, Pingo?  Wish it worked.  I just took a pic of the candy/paper bowl and tried to even change my avatar to it, but that doesn't work either.  I know you had already checked that and reported that it wasn't working, Hats.  Certainly are baby steps we're taking here.

Started my beef stew and it smells good.  Have to watch it on a day like this, wants to catch on, so am keeping plenty of water/broth in to simmer the meat.

Have almost decided to go "sparkly" Sunday.  There's a top with blue flowers accented with sparkles here and there that I wore only once - obviously because it was a gift and not something I would have picked out - but I'll try it on later or tomorrow morning and see what I think.

Poor Cheerio has been yelled at all day.  Result of my over taxing myself and putting too much last minute pressure on.  She hears me in the kitchen, runs out figuring I'm eating or getting something ready to eat, and she's not going to miss out - I threatened to put her down cellar, and now she's quietly following me from room to room.  Poor girl.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Yes, TT, sparkly with flowers in blue sounds perfect for Easter! 

Glad I got out and got my turkey breast for Sunday, because we just got an invite for tomorrow and I need to make a wreath really quickly.  Sprayed the base silver and it's drying outside....will start on the embellishments now.

I hope your bread basket comes out ok.  I am very impatient and apt to spoil things by going too quickly, so we both need to take a deep breath and....there we are.  Maybe even turn that stew off if there's danger of burning it...

Pingo, thanks for the words of support.  I am glad everyone is enjoying the Princess and you will see so much of your family this month and next.

Winter, we'll be waiting for a report after the holiday weekend.

Kar, where are you?

Princess and Rama,  now we have basic functionality,  feel free to join in!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Are you doing one with stars or will it be an Easter theme?  Nice hostess gift.  I love having that up my sleeve now, not that I get that many invitations - but still nice to have.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

So...do the words come out in the box now?...Lets see

Icer

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Are you doing one with stars or will it be an Easter theme?  Nice hostess gift.  I love having that up my sleeve now, not that I get that many invitations - but still nice to have.

Might be changing mind since I don't like the silver. it has to be light blue and white which is not much of a color theme..back to drawingboard, perhaps..your bowl with treats sounds lovely...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah!  Well, now things have changed.  Decided since there were 5 loaves of frozen dough and I am using 2 for the bread decided I would thaw 2 more and make biscuits to put in the basket.  Easy enough, Icer??  Figured I would thaw the dough, roll into a cylinder and then slice and put side by side in my largest lasagna pan - help me out here - bake at 350 (glass dish) for about 15-20 minutes?

G.T. and I have always been on the same wave length.  Got an email from him 5 minutes ago asking for my biscuit recipe he was going to make.  I had to tell him my plan but plead leniency if it all fails!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got this response from G.T.:  (How do I get myself into these predicaments?  I thought he would say, Oh no, I know that's a lot of work - - - - )

"Another woven basket would be great, since the last one went up in smoke (Forgot it was stored in the oven)
    You can make either rolls or biscuits for it. Either option would be great.
    Thank You"

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer, help me out with the rolls - oven time and length, and will the glass dish be alright?  I don't have a pan.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

How about a cookie sheet? I wouldn't bake the rolls in a glass dish, as I use high heat. Grease cookie sheet. Roll dough into rolls the size of golf balls. Place on sheet and let rise until double in size. Brush with melted butter, oil or milk. Bake at 425 for 10 to 12 minutes. You can sprinkle them w/ sea salt, when they get out of the oven, if you like.

I sometimes melt the butter and add chopped garlic and or any herb of choice. Then brush w/ that.

These rolls will not be soft like Parker Rolls. They are more like bread rolls.

ETA: I forgot. I snip a cross in the top with a pair of scissors, before they go in the oven.
    Good we are having green beans tonight. I snip those with a pair of scissors too instead of using a knife. Thus i remembered about the rolls.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I bake my biscuits on a cookie sheet at a high heat too.  I'll give it a shot and if they don't turn out good, I'll make up batches of my tried and true biscuits.  Thanks, Pingo.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

Sections
Shortcuts