April 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: April 2014

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

TT, I love Pinterest because it is highly anonymous!  Like this site!  Most of my relatives don't even know that I am following them because they use their real names but I don't.  OTOH there is one relative whom I know is on there whom I would like to follow, but she won't tell me her username so I can't!

Pinterest does send emails, but you can opt out of most of them, too.  You could use your regular email, or set up a gmail/yahoo/hot mail account to use - it's up to you!  You can also opt in or out of following certain boards/people.  Takes a while to learn the ins and outs but it's doable.

If you join as Toy Trumpet, I could find you but you would not know it was me!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I think I would know it is you, because I think I fell upon your page today.  That's why I said thanks for sharing the wreaths, - and more.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Well, that's ok too, because....you still don't know my email or real name, right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

Well, that's ok too, because....you still don't know my email or real name, right?

[object HTMLDivElement]

That's right.  Don't understand why your relative would not give you her nom - 

I did see the paper woven basket, but of course, could not get in for the tutorial.  So many ideas for the different wreaths - on the lookout for things that might catch interest of GD.  Some would be pretty expensive to accumulate what would be needed to cover a wreath, others like the leaf wallpaper wreath are easy enough, after you cut out enough leaves!  Liked the one with the fluffy yarn wound around a round form and then daisies wound around sparcely.  Also the one with sprays of flowers and a small birdhouse in the center.  Certainly gets you thinking.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

The yarn ones are pretty, but I think it would be boring and painful (think carpal tunnel) so I have avoided that idea.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The fluffy yarn?  Small wreath to start with, then just winding it around - I see some of that type yarn now and again in a bin in Job Lots.  Always pass by thinking, what could I use that for?

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Then go for it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

This dress comes to just above my knee; you may recall my photo from MIL's birthday?  Anyway, I'm considering wearing it to the wedding next month.  3:00 Sunday afternoon, outside (weather permitting).  Thanks!  (Mine is the hot pink)

http://www.gilt.com/brand/nicole-miller/product/1011468388-nicole-miller-sofia-stretch-linen-ruched-dress" rel="nofollow">http://www.gilt.com/brand/nicole-miller/product/1011468388-nicole-miller-sofia-stretch-linen-ruched-dress 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That is gorgeous.  Love the cut of it.  You'll look smashing!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,

Had a lazy morning with beet/carrot/orange/ginger juice and blueberry pancakes. DS is leaving tonight. Always a sad day, when the boys are leaving. And this depressing weather doesn't help.

Kar, I do remember that dress of yours. It's beautiful and perfect for an afternoon wedding. (It is good, I remembered it. B/c when I opened the link, I got that baseball guy again.) Nice you have a chance to wear it again. Often one buy a dress for a special occasion, and never have a chance to wear it again. Have a great movie evening with SIL and hubby.

That wall paper wreath is very pretty, Hats. But just imagine cutting all those leaves. They look to me as if they have been stamped out, then rolled. Have fun with your book group party.

Love your idea wall papering your magazine box, tt. It will look pretty and be useful at the same time.

Finishing the last of DS's laundry. Don't want to send him away with dirty clothes. Imagine if TSA should open his luggage. LOL

No plans for the afternoon. Just as well, with this gloomy weather. Will make an early dinner, before we have to leave for the airport.

Have a good day everyone.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ladies!  I've never been to an afternoon/outside wedding so wasn't sure.  Indeed, I was hoping to get a lot more than one wearing out of it despite having gotten a good deal on it.

So cute re the laundry, Pingo; TSA...funny.  Your visit went by fast.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sorry your son's visit has come to an end, Pingo, but it's been a nice one, that's for sure, with a lot packed in. Good rainy day to spend lounging around in the house until it's time for the airport ride.

Tell us again when you leave for England?

I've just cut out another large size (for me) wreath and am going to use the Folk Art calendar with appropriate scenes for red, white and blue.  Giving the foamboard a wash of blue color first.  Already have some saved red and white ribbons in mind to tack on.  Had  been saving this for GD should she want to use it, but I've heard nothing from them, so she'll never know the difference in what I had had planned.

Should mention my intown son who dropped off the mags yesterday, saw the flower pot shape paper bowls lined up to be decoupaged and said, "Oh, what are you gonna do with those?"  Not too enthusiastic - are guys ever enthusiastic about crafty things??  I'm hoping his wife will see the value of having one perched on a table or computer desk, filled with wrapped candies for snacking.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Haha, tt. Guys are just like that. Don't take it personally. When I gave DIL and DS the wall hanging for GD's room, son said, "That's nice mom!". But after the fact, I saw him look at it plenty of times, when he thought no one was looking. That was enough satisfaction for me. DIL was a lot more enthusiastic.
    Your red, white and blue wreath sounds very nice. Right in time for Men. Day and the 4th.

I will be leaving Tuesday night. It is kind of with mixed feelings, now that it is coming closer. I have stocked up on DH favorites and I am going to leave them in plain sight on the kitchen counter and at eyesight in the refrigerator. He can open the fridge and look at a carton of Hummus right in front of him and ask, "Where is the Hummus?" LOL

- Eleanor Roosevelt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I know, it will seem strange to be traveling to England without DH, I'm sure.  I think you're leaving here as we go into another cold spell, so at least you won't be missing out on beautiful warm, sunny days back home!

No, I don't take it personally with my boys.  Having raised 4 of them, I'm used to it. I must say I am disappointed that they haven't stopped by for the baskets yet tho.  Especially thought my GD would be anxious to get hers.  But then, they get/have so much, I don't know that they do get excited over an Easter basket.

What picture did your wall hanging for baby's room have?  Or was it the baby's birthdate and other vital info? People do appreciate things like that.  G.T.'s MIL talked Sunday about a piece I made for her when she bought her condo - how many years ago?  I've lost track.  It was I think the only piece I ever made of the tiny counted stitch.  She has always had it hung just inside her door, and said she decided to hang it on the outside of her door, which opens onto a hallway in the building.  Said she has gotten so many compliments on it, people who had not noticed it before when it was inside.  Pleased me that she still has it up, also a birthday card, with poem, that I made her when she and I first met.

Wreath is drying, pretty shade of blue that came out from mixing some white and ocean blue.  In the meantime I'll be cutting out some of the pieces I want to apply.

Baking some chicken for supper, and tho I won't use tomato sauce, will add some parmesan and mozzarella to perhaps some added cream of chicken soup and croutons on the top.  Had an angus beef burger last night with the sauteed mushrooms and it was so good.

Bought a big enough container of oatmeal that I can make some oatmeal cookies - they've been on my mind.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, did you just change your avatar?

If you want to see the wall hanging, you can  google "The Stitchery" - then look up Our Little Blessing Birth Record. I didn't do the quilt.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to pingo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

tt, did you just change your avatar?

If you want to see the wall hanging, you can  google "The Stitchery" - then look up Our Little Blessing Birth Record. I didn't do the quilt.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

[/QUOTE]

Pingo, that is beautiful!  How ever did you do it in such a short period of time?  I'm sure they love it.

Yes, I tried to put up a pic of the red,white and blue wreath I just finished, but as usual, to become an avatar I couldn't get anything like the closeness Hats got on hers.  Went in and scoped it down to a square shape and everything, but you couldn't make out anything but colors.  Then as I was scanning my pics, came across this beach scene and thought - why not?

[object HTMLDivElement]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just put my chicken/cheese casserole in the oven.  I had bought some S&S chicken breasts, and they are so large, much too much to have one for one meal for me.  So I cut the three of them up and had all the other ingredients in the house, so threw the casserole together to eat for the next couple of days.  Think I'll make some banana pudding to go with.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Well the book people are gone and we had an excited and exciting time!  I'm stuffed with sweets so no need for dinner tonight - what I wouldn't give for some meat, though....

I do hope we'll get to see the wreath some time.  The lighthouse theme is one that excites me and who knows, I may do one and we could compare...

Time for PJs!

Pingo, glad your visit went well.  Lots of anglophiles at our meeting today and talk about different places to see in Britain.  I will be waiting for you to get back and tell us all about it.

The rainbow and the patchwork on the birth record are wonderful and I am sure Princess Pingo will be treasuring that into the 22nd century - think of that!

We turned the heat on today for our guests.  Kar, hope your walk with Gracie was not too miserable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Pingo, that is beautiful! How ever did you do it in such a short period of time?

I dedicated 1/2 hour - 45 minutes every morning, with my morning coffee, instead of being on the computer. And I did something useful with my hands, whenever I watched (actually listened to) TV. Besides, as long as I have good light and a comfortable chair, that doesn't give me backache, I am pretty fast.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My heat has never been off yet.  I crank it up every day, in fact I just got off the kitchen floor register.  I've been ready for my nightgown for half an hour at least, but was waiting until I was sure no one was dropping in.

I'll be eating the chicken dish every night, plus freezing some servings!  Had it over rice and with peas for supper.  Never did get the banana pudding made, that's for tomorrow.

You'll most likely find your lighthouses and have the wreath made long before I even find enough to make one, Hats.  Enthusiasm has died down on that one.  Today's is the simplest of all I have made, just pics glued onto a blue background, no doilies, no nothing.  Tho the ribbon glued onto some red netting is nice, and I gave it a red ribbon hanger.

Glad to hear your book party went well.  Do you meet at a different house each time?

Pingo, I still think you are a wonder woman getting all those tiny stitches done in such a short period of time, particularly when you had to figure in the baby's birth information.  I have one pillow case done, and still have the other to do, supposed basket present from 2 years ago!  

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Yes, a different house or a field trip each time (book signings, book settings, etc.)  Very informal, except that some people do host the same month/event almost every year, health/weather/family obligations permitting. It's been over 20 years for the hardcore people now. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Gorgeous cross stitch, Pingo.  I used to do a lot of that type of work; you are very fast!  

tt, we've had the wood stove going every day, too...it's been 60 in the mornings here, too cold to let go no matter what the date.  Walked Gracie this afternoon and saw some other people's chimneys puffing, too.

hats, what a special core group to go back that far with each other.  What joy!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday morning,

More rain?  Ugh.  Heard there may be some sun this afternoon.  At least everything is green, green, green outside, except my front lawn.  That looks like hay is mixed in!

Yes, Hats, I agree with Kargiver.  Nice that the group of you have stuck together and surprisingly still live in the same area, to be able to meet monthly.  I used to be an avid reader, but now I find it comes and goes.  Of the 3 books I last brought home from the library, none of them got read, only one slightly.  It's these latest darn crafts that SOME people have gotten me started on!  lol

What movie did you see last night, Kargiver?

Thinking French toast this morning.  What's up on everyone's docket for the day?

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

Hang in there, the radar shows the rain moving out and the promised sun will likely be a reality pretty soon.

I used to be an avid reader, as well, and was always the kid with the flashlight under the blankets thinking I was fooling my mom while finishing "one more chapter."  I'd busily clean my room until I found a good book and then my best laid plans...

We went to EVO in Worcester for dinner and saw "Heaven is For Real."  It was good, but I thought it was slow getting to the meat of it. 

The vase we ordered to go on the doily arrived yesterday, and it's a go; love it.  And, since the vase and doily are so inexpensive that leaves us wedding money for a GC to Home Depot (their request).

Not sure what's on the docket for today...grocery shopping for sure since there's nothing for dinner, lol.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

People do come and go from the group - but the secret to keeping it going is to welcome new people.  Some will be good members, some not, but it keeps the core from getting too stale.

TT, I also have not been reading as much lately, and that's a good thing about this group - I now have a lot of additions, recommendations of good stuff from them.  One of my requests came in at the library (not a fun book, but something I need to read for a meeting tomorrow) so I'll need to stop by there before my meeting today.  And those two things are all for the day, plus a new midwives at 8 pm.

Coffee and a cinnamon roll for breakfast - MB is having a 2/6$ Entemann's promotion this week.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Are you fortunate enough to have a library with Sunday hours?

Cheerio enjoyed the dregs of the egg/milk the bread for French toast was soaked in, and has crawled under the comforter in here.  'bout time I got dressed.  Got caught up on my Mah Jong - "just one more game" - this morning.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt