April 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: April 2014

Yes, the library is open on Sunday but only 1 - 5 and only between Labor Day and Memorial Day.  (There have been times when it was closed all Sundays when the town is feeling poor.)

So do you play the Microsoft Mah Jong?  If so, what layouts?  I play Turtle and Dragon mostly because I think they are hardest.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

MSN free online games

It's the original "mah jong tiles" (#4 on my computer initial page set up)  that I brought over from my old computer.  I don't care for the newer set ups, dimensions, etc.  This has 5 set ups that I can get into and I prefer the last, then the first.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,

So DS is back in UK, but with all traveler's nightmare. His luggage didn't come. Hopefully it will show up with a later flight, and they will bring it to him.

Gloomy morning again. We still have heat on as well. A few sprinkles here and there is still to come,  but the major storm has gone to sea.

I am no "wonder woman", tt. I did the major part, while we were in Florida. I am pretty fast, and I can work and talk at the same time. I have already made quite a progress on the garden hanging with the wheel barrel for DIL, and that was with DS being at home.

Have to do for a luncheon today. A friend is showing off her new GD. Her son lives in NY City and has brought the baby up for a visit. Good idea to gather everyone, instead of having people dropping in at all times.

Will most likely go and spend a few hours at the office afterwards. Have a great day everyone.

My reading is lacking too. With the stitching I do, there have just been no time. I do miss it, and I try to read a bit in bed, before I go to sleep.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Hey!  Where's that sun?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

My heat has never been off yet.  I crank it up every day

Yeah, no kidding. Last year you "cranked" it into mid-June, remember?

Youd have "cranked" it into July too if I hadnt called the Environmental Protection Agency on you

PS Dont make me have to call the EPA again, because I will...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You like that word, huh, Ache?  Well you must have been peeking over my shoulder, because I just "cranked" it up two notches, and then it was too hot, so I (what's the opposite of cranked?) pushed it down one notch.  Perfect!

Boooorrrrrring Sunday.  I ate a couple, the last couple of rice krispie treats, had a cup of peach tea, and it's only 2:20.

P.S.  couldn't help but notice your reaching out to Ken on one of the other threads has gone unanswered.  You and he used to be quite tight.

P.P.S.  Have thrown a yellow tube cake in the oven, will split, layer it with raspberry jam and then frost the top with rich chocolate frosting.

Mr. Rogers

tt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I miss Ken too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In the Fall I still make his wife's fruitcake.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It was so strange the way he disappeared...yes, he is missed.

Made this for dinner.  If you like broccoli on the crunchy side (more like warm salad) it's phenomenal.  I added chick peas/garbanzo beans and served it with scrambled eggs.  

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/oven-roasted-broccoli-recipe.html
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I roast Broccoli all the time. I actually did it tonight. I bet the toasted Panko makes it extra special. Will do that next time. I always drizzle it with lemon juice. Sometimes I mix in slivers of garlic cloves to the roasting pan, depending on, what I serve it with. Scrambled eggs - good choice. Yum!

- Eleanor Roosevelt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good Monday morning.  Nice to come on here and see all of the posts with lots of goings on over the weekend.  Nothing too exciting here. 

I too am hoping the weather gets warmer soon.  My heat is not off yet either!  I'm always cold though so I usually need it to be pretty warm outside before I will relent.

Hope everyone has a great day!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Hi all,

Busy week for me, lots of work!  Stayed up until after midnight doing crafts.  Kinda wish I could stop and just read the way I used to.

Going to have breakfast and a second cup of coffee now.  It's going to be a beautiful day - I am glad since I will be outside quite a bit!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,

The sun is out, but it is still cold. Busy day for me too, Hats - since I will be leaving tmw. I am hoping I will have time for a pedicure. I won't wear sandals over there, but I will be doing a lot of walking in England, and I don't want my toe nails to hurt me.

The luncheon yesterday was lovely. Cute baby, and nice to see a lot of friends. And a happy note. The son of one of our friends suffered really badly from acne as a teenager and young adult. When I met him yesterday (29 now), his face was miraculous cleared up.  He looked wonderful. I knew it is a sensitive subject for him, so I didn't want to say anything. But I did mentioned it to his wife. She told me, after he cut out ALL animal products, his acne cleared up w/i a month. He will eat fish a couple of times a week, but otherwise only a plant based diet. I am so happy for him. i am mentioning it here, in case you know someone close to you suffering from extreme acne. Well worth a try.

Just waiting for the dryer to stop, and i will be on my way out. Will check in later. Have a good day.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Oh Pingo, I hope you have a wonderful trip and I want to hear every detail since I am a severe anglophile!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Busy weekend of posts. Kar, I've never heard of that movie. I'd like to see Noah. I'll be cranking our heat the end of this week and next, since we have to use up the oil. The plumbers come on the 5th to start the conversion process. Started looking at stoves over the weekend, that was exciting..lol. Pingo, that's a nice wall hanging. tt,cool idea for the magazine box.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing

- Darth Vadar

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hello,

Early morning blood draw.  Nothing spectacular happening.

You must be so excited about picking out the new stove, Winter.  It's a big investment, one that will hopefully last you for years.

Pingo, hope you got all you wanted done today.  Exciting to be flying off again.  Have a fun trip and a safe flight over and back.  We'll miss you.  Nice idea your friend had to have a luncheon to show off the new addition to the family.  Pretty soon you'll be able to do that when Princess Pingo and parents visit.

Hats, no crafting being done here right now.  Still holding Easter baskets for pick up.  Would drop them off, but whenever I try to pin down a time that it would be OK to stop by - there is no such time.  They are always on the go, the whole family.  Have a doctor's appt. the latter part of the week, will try to get a time then from them for a quick drop off.

Kargiver, I'm not a fan of broccoli, just suddenly had a craving for it last week.  Which reminds me, have a bag of spinach in there I bought the end of the week, should cook that up tonight, and divvy up the chicken/cheese dish into individual servings to be frozen.  One more meal tonight and that will be all I'll want of that for a while.

Have my eye on the rain reports, have errands to do and I'm hoping to get them done tomorrow.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sent a pic of the red/white and blue wreath to G.T. who emailed back:  "Looks fine for the 4th, but I don't see any peanut butter cookies for Memorial Day"!  How right  he is.  My mother always made a batch for Memorial Day parade watching, and I continued on, always with a batch for the holiday.  He's too sharp for me!   lol

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

I too miss Ken. Does anyone know if he's still with us?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, very interesting about the meat/acne connection.  Maybe he is allergic to (or sensitive to) meat protein.  Gluten is a protein and causes havoc for those with celiac for instance.  Have a wonderful trip!!  

Winter, if you are looking at high end stoves, please consider the Thermador - the cheaper one with the gas oven is more than wonderful for baking - no sense springing for the electric oven gas range version no matter what "they say."

tt, it, still no basket give away?!  I'd be eating the goodies myself by now!  Roasting the broccoli doesn't make it very soft and keeps it from having that sulfur smell.  It's more like a hot salad, really.

we had contractors here replacing the AC compressors and the head guy needs to come back tomorrow to finish up.

Hats, my grandmother often stayed up 'til all hours sewing and crafting.  Her hubby would stumble out at 2am and they'd have the same conversation every time..."you coming to bed?" "Yeah, soon.........."

ETA:  speaking of crafting, I'm drying/blocking the doily and votive candle cup holder now.  I wish we could post pics!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

What a photo (banned word - can I say pig out?) we'll have when/if they ever get it going again!

In response to kargiver's comment:

ETA:  speaking of crafting, I'm drying/blocking the doily and votive candle cup holder now.  I wish we could post pics!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You know, if they corrected the erratic spacing in the postings, and deleted some of those individual town sites that haven't had any action in months, there'd be plenty of space for our pics.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

You like that word, huh, Ache?  Well you must have been peeking over my shoulder, because I just "cranked" it up two notches, and then it was too hot, so I (what's the opposite of cranked?) pushed it down one notch.  Perfect!

Boooorrrrrring Sunday.  I ate a couple, the last couple of rice krispie treats, had a cup of peach tea, and it's only 2:20.

P.S.  couldn't help but notice your reaching out to Ken on one of the other threads has gone unanswered.  You and he used to be quite tight.

I will tell Ken that the Q of OBN says hello (If he even remembers he posted in that thread. He probably forgot already)

And, yup, I do like the word "crank"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, ache. :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I doubt Ken has forgotten posting with us ladies.  He really advocated "walking", and probably saw with me, anyway, that it was falling on deaf ears, or in my case, a resistant, disc injured back.  It was nice having a man's perspective on things, but perhaps he just felt overwhelmed by too much woman chatter.

"Crankin" on out now - a lot to do today.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Good morning, another gray day, oh dear.  Bet Pingo is flying over the ocean, above the clouds in the sunshine.  I hope she has good weather over there in the North of England for her trip.  I believe her son is based in Birmingham.  "Oh to be in England, now that April's here" as the poet Browning said.  Of course, April is just about fled, but the spring was a little later there too, though still a month ahead of us!

Sections
Shortcuts