April chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: April chat

No sale.  Up 10 cents a can from the last time I bought it, and they are listing it "sale".  Got to get going on the braising of the meat.  Have a good day.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Yeah, you're right Kar about the Benedryll.  However, I am having an issue with back pain, so it's "killing 2 birds with one stone."  Always something.  I have osteoperosis, but I don't think that's the issue, it's more of a muscle ache.  Having my work station evaluated for egronomics next week, and may also get a new office chair, so I think that may help.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning and Happy April,
    Sorry to hear about your insomnia, Amber. 4 in the morning? How do you manage to get through the day? I have nights, where I don't sleep either. I have no problem falling asleep, but I will wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep. The day after I feel horrible. I need my 8 hours of sleep to function.
    Kar, what a scare with Gracie limping. I certainly hope she is recuperating well, w/o you have to have her looked at. I am just wondering, if this is a special condition for labs, weak knees?
    I saw a write up on the Globe's website, that there was a 2 hours delay in the printing it, and the deliveries would be accordingly late. Apparently, they had a blackout.
    Funny about the mincemeat. I never picked up a jar to read the label. The word "mincemeat" did not seem appealing to me - LOL. But it does sound like it is something I would like to try. Thanks for the explanation, girls.
    After I finished my cloth closet yesterday, I started on my kitchen cabinets. Will continue today. I hauled out a lot of stuff. Some appliances, I haven't used for years - like a deli slicer f. ex. - I will try to e-bay or put on Craigs list. I used it a lot for school lunches, but it is just collecting dust and taking up room now. I have 3 crock pots. 2 I owned and DS gave me his, when he couldn't use it in England. Anyone need 3 crockpots? I don't think so. I had a huge collection of Tupperware. Hardly ever use them; they will be donated. I like the ziplock containers so much better. They are stackable and don't take up so much room storing.
    I put up the finch sack and we have plenty of visitors already.
    Enjoy your Sunday. I will be busy but will be around. Chat later - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just saw above posts.
    tt, have you tried Amazon for cat food? Our son buys from them, and tells me, they are less than the grocery stores.
    ss, sorry your day at Foxwood didn't turn out to be, what you expected. Several hours w/o a tank seem a long time to me. Don't you need it all the time? I would think a place like Foxwood, would have some full tanks for an emergency.
    I don't find it warm outside at all. The sun is playing April Fool w/ us. - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Prin, if you have back pain, like you say, two birds, one stone!  Just thought I'd toss it out there that if you only have one bird... ;)

tt, isn't that like them to call a price increase a sale?!  Boils my blood they mislead like that, but at least you are on your toes.

You'll not be even able to find minced meat pie filling with venison in it even if you wanted it.  I do think you'd like the fruit version, Pingo, it's got very rich flavors, and is not overpoweringly sweet.

Pingo, there are two Lab breeds, the tall, top heavy American Lab, like Gracie, and the shorter, stockier, English (or British) Labrador.  The long-legged American Labs have a lot of weight to support on stilt-like legs so there's a lot of pressure on their knees.  (Not such a problem for the closer to the ground English Lab.)  That's the reason her surgeon impressed on us the necessity of keeping her on the thin side.

Just got back with the groceries.  Gotta get lunch on for 1:00.

Good afternoon, all,
    ~kar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hello everyone.  Les Miserable was good.  I'm used to the revolving stage with the action never stopping, but this one was good.  The lead was played by the understudy and man was he fantastic. 
    I'm cooking a roast for dinner, since we have having pork crown roast for Easter.  I believe it's just the 3 of us plus my mom.
    Kar, sorry Gracie gave you a scare.  ss, too bad about your Foxwoods trip, that must have a been a little scary.
    tulips, I've finished the first two Hunger Games books, I'm waiting a couple of days to borrow it on my Kindle for free.
    Amber, so sorry you couldn't sleep.  I hope you can tonight.  How's Amber feeling?
    tt, I hope you can find fancy feast at a decent price.  If I notice it in my travels I'll let you know.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I, too, had only seen it with the revolving stage, but agree this production was wonderful, too, albeit quite different.  Glad you and DH enjoyed it!  Did you go out to dinner in town first?

Pork crown roast, how lovely!

Thanks!  We're still watching her nervously like a hawk, but if we hadn't gone through a surgery we probably wouldn't think so much of it - it really doesn't seem that bad today.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

No we didn't have time to eat before hand as my son doesn't get picked up until 5:30. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Hi all! It's been a while since I've been able to post. I've had a few difficult months, but things are much better now. Time does heal some wounds. I have been checking back on the posts,and hope to be caught up with everyone soon. I hope for everyone to have a wonderful day, and I look forward to a beautiful Spring! Just an afterthought, Kar is correct with the advice with taking plain generic benedryl in liu of tylenol P.M. for insomnia. It's healthier for your liver, and less expensive. I frequently have difficulty sleeping, and find chamomile tea helpful. I'll check in again tomorrow. Take care. B.G.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I love spicy apple chutney - so I think this will something, I would like. I am even eying it for serving it with pork instead of Mango Chutney. Have already put it on my next grocery list.
    No more cleaning shelves; pulled my back. Not bad, but bad enough to stop. Have to run to Jo-Ann's. During the closet cleaning, I found a pair of brand new pants of DH's, that need to be shortened. And I don't have a matching thread.
    Thanks for the explanation in regard to the two different labs. It makes a lot of sense not to let Gracie get too heavy. Hope she will be over her latest limp soon.
    - Pingo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Beastsgirl!  How happy I was to check the boards and see your nom as the last poster.  We've all wondered about you and your family and how you each were doing.  I know I can speak for the rest of the ladies when I say you were always in our thoughts and prayers.  Welcome back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Welcome back, BG! You have been so missed; we were all worried about you. Sorry to hear you had such a difficult time. Hope it is in the past now. How is DD doing? We were worried about her too.
    So good to see your post. Glad you are able to post again. Hopefully that will continue. Hugs and blessings - Pingo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Welcome back, BG!!!  There have been many mentions with love and concern for you and DD in your absence.  Thank you for checking and and we are praying your upswing continues.  Often your DD's struggles are largely outgrown in one's 20s.  My private email is kargiverbdc at gmail dot com (written out to foil the spam autobots) - use as you may wish.

Blessings,
    ~kar

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

BG!! How happy to see your post! I too have been concerned. And as previous posters said lots of prayers went your way. Darn it! The boys are driving me crazy asking how Stitches/JD is doing? We have a new boy on here. Yoda is just adorable. Cheerio has so many admirers : ) DD is not going to BF's family for Easter. So looks like I am cooking for them. Not complaining mind you : ) So while I was figuring out what to cook, I came across a recipe for grilled Lamb Chops marinated in olive oil, lemon, oregano and garlic. Sounds delicious and perfect for 3. I will grill asparagus too and make my red onion bacon salad. I took Monday as a vacation day si looking forward. Friend may eat with us but she isn't sure yet but will come by either way for dessert if she can't make dinner. Happy my grill is cleaned with a full tank. Love lamb chops so looking forward. ETA: the recipe is in the Sunday Herald

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, Amber, what a nice change of events!  Dinner sounds perfect.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks tt : ) pleasant change for sure. Guess his mom decided to go to her sisters and DD does not know her well so they decided to come here. I am flattered for sure. I love him, he is a good guy. Would love to see him put a ring on it as the song goes! Lol! But DD is happy and in the end that's all we wish for our children. Eadn't sure about the salad but she asked for it. Nice easy meal and not too heavy which I like. Does Cheerio know JD is back? She must love having no competition here : )

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Cheerio sleeps away the afternoon on the l.r. couch with her head tucked under one of the throw pillows - so she's not up on current events.

ETA:  I'm pondering what to have for supper.  Divided the cooked beef into two portions, one I had at noon as beef stroganoff, and the other I continued with and made into a beef stew.  Beef once a day is enough for me, so tonight, I don't know.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I had spaghetti with sausage and finished off the wowie cake. *burp* Excuse me.. blush..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, did your friend like the cake?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great news, Ambergirl - I know you'll have a blast.  He'll propose when the time is right for them, I'm sure. :)  

We just decided on lamb, too - Pingo's recipe for the chops.  And, DH asked me to make another veggie pie with that cooking light recipe.  It's just going to be me and DH; SIL has to go to her in-laws, as expected.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

My friend Loved the cake! She asked for the recipe and I sent her home with that and my gravy. She had 2 pieces with whipped cream : ) I have it saved on my recipe file at work so no big deal printing it again. Did I miss a Pingo recipe for lamb chops? Do you know where it is in the recipe thread Kar? Winter thank you for asking about Amber.. I haven't said anything because I try not to think about it to be honest.. but she has been back to my vet. She is having small (very small) seizures. I thought she was just cold at first. She had one today while on her pillow next to me. Took her right off the pillow.. I held her until it was over. Good thing is she has no recollection. Side effect is tired. She is sleeping next to me and snoring right now. I have a blanket over her. Before anyone asks, it is incredibly difficult leaving her when I go to work..I have no choice.. she is 82 in our years... and to be honest, I would rather find she passed in her sleep than make that awful but humane decision. Either way, the walk to the vet will be a long one. Her meds have been increased but not stopping the seizures entirely. Hope this isn't too depressing. I have come to terms with the inevitable outcome. If I get 6 months or blessed with a year I will be happy. Right now I am giving her all the love she gave me tenfold, back at her.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sorry to hear Amber is having seizures again, Amber.  That must be so hard for you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

It is awful I must admit and scares me half to death to be honest. I was crying when I was holding her and when she came out of it, she looked so confused but more confused as to why I was holding her. She is in no pain and is ok otherwise. I learned from my Maggie to know when to let go. I am taking it a day at a time..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

So sorry to hear about Amber, I know how difficult it is.  She knows you are there for her.  It doesn't make it any easier.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you Prin... didn't intend for our April chat to get depressing. Looking forward to a short week and 4 day weekend : )

Sections
Shortcuts