April chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: April chat

Cute stories and funny jokes this afternoon. Everyone seem happy. That is nice. Love the picture of Amber, Amber. Could be a nice avatar.
    I haven't tried to post pictures, but even though I had no problem to get to the Chat, when I wanted to go back a page, they asked me to log in. ????
    I am on a PC with Verizon FiOS and Firefox. If that make a difference. Will try again when I get home. - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I took your advice Pingo : )  You never have issues, so must be BDC.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

tt, couldn't get in until the week of April 16. I've been leaving my crocs at the office and wearing them while I'm here.  Much more comfortable.  However, I will not wear them to or from work.  I'm not a particularly vain person but I just don't like the way they look. I'm checking into the SAS shoes.  My friend's daughter also recommended them.

pingo, I've had that problem for weeks now. Can't reply to a post without bdc asking me to login again.  If I try and go back in a thread, the same thing happens. I'm content, as long as I can post here.

mothermitzi 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I switched back to IE and tried to login - they never heard of me - ridiculous.  So I'm back on Chrome and unable to post pics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Interesting tt... I just opened Google Chrome and I can't post a picture there either, but I can with IE.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: April chat:
    [QUOTE]tt, couldn't get in until the week of April 16. I've been leaving my crocs at the office and wearing them while I'm here.  Much more comfortable.  However, I will not wear them to or from work.  I'm not a particularly vain person but I just don't like the way they look. I'm checking into the SAS shoes.  My friend's daughter also recommended them. pingo, I've had that problem for weeks now. Can't reply to a post without bdc asking me to login again.  If I try and go back in a thread, the same thing happens. I'm content, as long as I can post here. mothermitzi 
    Posted by mothermitzi[/QUOTE]

Glad you've found some foot comfort for the time being, at least, mm.  

I had the same problems as you with BDC for MONTHS then suddenly the last time they asked me to  login and I did, they recognized me and since I've been able to "reply to post".  It's all what particular cache we fall into I guess.  Have shut down Chrome 4-5 times today and tried anew, but still no picture posting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

So it looks like BDC is up the the old hide-and-go-seek games again. I can't reply from here, but I used to be able to from home. Same server; beats me. Will try when I get home.
    mm, it is good you are getting some comfort for now wearing the crocks. I used to wear them around the house and in the garden, but my PT told me to toss them immediately. They are supposedly no good for your feet as well as your back and spine. I know, lots of people wear them, but that doesn't mean, they are any good.
    If you want comfort, I can't recommend the Stegmann's Wool Clogs highly enough. My PT recommended them, and Kar song high praise for them. I have recommended them to several people. Everyone says, "AHHHH! Why didn't I know of these a long time ago?"
    I don't know, if you can buy them retail, but there are plenty of web sites offering them, if you are interested. Just make sure you get the original Stegmann's. There are imitations out there.
    About to shutdown my computer here and go home. DH had no lunch and want an early dinner. You all have a good evening. - Pingo

ps. Amber, love your new avatar.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm on google chrome at work as well.  IE didn't know who I was. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I just had to login in again to BDC.  My oh my what we go through for the "privilege" of posting here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Hi all,
    I wanted to give you a quick update on how I am doing. 

I met with my OB, a therapist and a psychiatrist today at BWH, because I felt like I had an emotional break down last night.

I was there for about 2 hours and they put me on a treatment plan. I am going to start my Zoloft again and go to therapy once a week. I am hoping this makes me feel back to myself again. All day today I had the urge to cry, it's a really horrible feeling. DH has been wonderful and took the day off with me to help me out. I feel very luck to have someone like him in my life. I have only told two friends because this is very hard for me to talk about and a lot of people can not relate or just dont' undertsand how a pregnant woman is not over the moon.

I want to thank everyone for letting me talk about this and for your kind words. It means a lot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I couldn't get in on IE either Winter and wasn't sure what my login or password was from my original signup since I am always logged in.  I found it and it worked.  But I am logged in at Google Chrome too and it won't let me post a picture, yet I could from IE.  No rhyme or reason for sure.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Liz, good to hear from you, and that your caretakers have had a joint meeting of what is best for you at this time.  Hopefully with the Zoloft you'll see some quick changes, back to your old self.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Liz, my heart breaks for you... I have found the CC community to be so understanding and have the biggest shoulders when needed.  So please vent away, Lord knows I do.  I am glad you are getting the help you need and being pregnant is not an automatic "over the moon" for anyone.  Same thing when the baby comes. People think you fall in love right away. Some do, some don't. I remember looking at DD and thinking, what am I suppose to do now?  I got over it, but very stressful time the first couple of months. There is no "norm" and tune out anyone who says different. You are on the right path and will be in my prayers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Liz, I can relate to that empty, tearful feeling, and I'm so glad you can take the Zoloft, again.  Depression is a medical condition; I'm not sure why it has such a stigma, still, but I felt the same way.  However, I had to tell everyone because I was so sick when I was trying the meds that weren't working, one after the other a month each to see if they were "the one," I was not only sobbing but vomiting.  Hard to hide that for 6 months, you know?  I hope the Zoloft gets up to its therapeutic levels in your system and helps you as dramatically as it did before.  Remember, be patient for it to kick in; you've been through it before and know it's not overnight, but it'll do its thing soon.  HUGS!!!

Can't catch up from the whole day yet as I've got to race around and get things in order here having been gone.  Had a wonderful day with my friend.  Now, on to dinner here.  

More later, friends,
    ~kar

P.S.  Caught some photo talk - I hope they fix that soon, but it begs the question, why was that code being mucked around with?  It worked fine.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Liz--hope the Zoloft kicks in fast. I tried a few antidepressants, and that one did the trick for me. Hope you feel better soon.
    TT--hope Lily's rash improves. Thanks for the funnies. I thought the elevator story was going to be another  joke, too !  TG it wasn't you-not that you wish it on anyone.
    Nice day--I need to get moving on Easter plans.  Will do it here- everyone will help. That way DH can go to bed if he wants. I would rather do it here, anyway. 
     I want to pick  up a new tablecloth,but not sure if that will happen.
    I haven't had any trouble with BDC for a while- hope I am not jinxing myself. It is so frustrating when they say it does not recognize you.
    Finished book 2 of Hunger Games  last night.  Don't have book 3--dilemma.
     I checked out the SAS clogs--love them. maybe next fall.....
    Having leftover turkey again--still tasing good- this will be 3rd night, and probably the last!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good luck finding a tablecloth, Tulips.  I had no luck.  Saw an Easter pattern that I liked - turned out it was a plastic one for $14.99 - not for me.  Pulled out my green and white check one, found 4 matching napkins, 2 solid green, and if need be, I have plenty of white to fill out the place settings.

Dreading roasting the chicken.  Haven't roasted a whole one in years.  Guess it will be at the new temp they recommend of 425 or 450.  That will be a new one for me.  Would rather be doing any other kind of roast, but I asked what son wanted, and that was it - chicken.  Also never have any luck making an extra dish of stuffing, chicken or turkey, so I'll just stuff it and he'll get first dibs on that.  I think both my DIL and I will go for the ham slices I'm doing.  Never know with the kids.

Tomorrow I'll head out for grocery shopping, the final, I hope.  Hoping green beans will stay somewhat crisp until Sunday.  If not I'll be hitting the store Sat again for more.  Thinking I'll color the eggs early too, maybe Friday.  Not deviling any up ahead of time, I don't think, tho I know they'll all look for them.  Wish I had a fairy daughter to help with holiday meals.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Hi everybody! Thankyou all so much for your thoughts and good wishes It really made me feel so blessed. D.D, D.H, and I were stunned with the passing of our family members. D.D. had an especially difficult time as she lost her favorite uncle. Kar. I will be getting in touch as I know you are familiar and have experience with teenage girls and eating disorders. I so much appreciate all of you. Stitches,the J.D. is doing well. We used to live in a big house, and then moved to an apartment in the North End, so he's not getting the crazy running around he used to do. I think he's getting overweight because of that. D.H. says He's not fat, just furry. He wakes me up every a.m. knocking off things off our nightstands and dressers. He's just so cute, it's impossible to be angry at him. I still have some catching up with everyone on this board. Will check in tomorrow. Take care all.Smile b.g.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Obbieite. Show Obbieite's posts

TT....Like you, I have a problem roasting whole chickens.  Now I do them only on my (Set It and Forget It) rotisserie.  They come out perfect every time.  In fact anything we cook on it comes out perfect.  I don't think we could do without it now.  Obbieite

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, I cook roast chicken all the time at 350 degrees It even gives that temp on the Perdue roaster. Who told you to cook it at that high a temp?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

BG, so happy to see you again! JD is living up to his name I see : ) I make a paste that I rub on my chicken and inside the cavity. It is olive oil, Dijon mustard, one squeezed lemon, rosemary and thyme. I then put the 2 squeezed lemon halves in the cavity. I put in the pan with the giblets and half a cup of water. I follow the instructions on the chicken. 350 for usually 2 or so hours depending on size. I let it rest for 30 minutes while I make the giblet gravy. Comes out great.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

TT--you CAN  cook it lower. Some people do cook them at high temps for shorter time. Some do the high temp for the first  15 mins--Amber is right- Perdue has the directions right on it with a pop up.  Or just check a cook book ! You can do it!  This does not sound like you--baker and cook extrordinaire!

Anyone ever made turkey tettrazini? I have so much turkey left- more than enough for soup,  turkey salad, and figured that would be something different,.
    I had it once many years ago, and I only remember I liked it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Must say Tulip I never go by the pop up. I go by minutes per pound. It also continues to cook while sitting. So if I have to round it out I always go for less time for that reason. It really is delicious and my house smells amazing : ) ETA: If anyone is interested I can post in recipes tomorrow

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Obbieite. Show Obbieite's posts

Lizinboston....It seems that you have caught this problem in time.  With the medication and seeing the therapist once a week you should be fine.  One of my daughters had her third child and everything was going great.  I flew out from Oregon to the baby's Christening in North Carolina and went back home the next day.  The phone was ringing when I walked in the door and it was my daughter calling me to come back asap.  She was absolutely fine the week I was there but when everyone left she said she felt terrible and didn't know what was wrong.  I flew back the next day and she had already called her OB and had an apointment lined up with him and a psychiatrist too.  Well, she had post-partum depression and I spent the next three months there taking care of her and the three kids (her husband was in the military and out of town).  I would take her up to Duke University (3X a week) for her group meetings with a counselor and then with the therapist. She had just graduated from Nursing School a month before her baby was born so she wanted to get out and go to work.  So she took some courses related to her condition and ended up teaching classes and running a workshop on FT. Bragg on post-partum depression.  Then she was interviewed by Family Circle Magazine and there was an article written about her.  She is still a nurse and works in the ER and everything is fine with her now.  This is not an uncommon condition at all.  In fact, there are many people who are on medication like this for panic attacts, etc.  This is definitely treatable.  Just give the medication time to work and you should be fine.  Hormones can do a devastating job with our system. Take care.  Obbieite

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Do I now confess that I don't have rosemary, thyme, Dijon mustard or even olive oil?  And I'm not fond of mustard, so that would be eliminated too - I'm a very plain cook, as was my mother, don't use herbs.  I googled roasted chicken and the recipes all seemed to cook them in the 400's, that's where I got that.  Thinking now after reading your posts maybe I'll just go with my mother's way, rubbing it with margarine, stuffing it and cooking it at 350.  May sprinkle a little lemon/pepper on/in it too, I like that flavoring.  Well, thanks for your posts, I'm feeling a little better about the whole thing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Obbie saw your post to Liz when mine came up - what a nice post.  I'm sure it will be so helpful to her.  It was good of you to share that.