April chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: April chat

Good morning ladies,

A chilly morning out there, but not too bad.  Thank you tt for my long weekend wishes.  I do love tacking on a day to a long weekend already.  I plan on doing that for July 4th too. It falls on a Wednesday, so will take Thursday and Friday as vacation days. I use 2 vacation days and get 5 days off. Nice! My dips are like yours tt. Sour cream with a packet of ranch dressing or italian mix.  I also do cream cheese with celery but I slice up green olives and mix it with the cream cheese.  I am making onion dip with chips.  DD's BF isn't big on appetizers. He goes straight for the meal!  I can't recommend Winter's spinach dip enough.  Huge hit at the Holidays and DD already mentioned she wants it in the summer for an appetizer.  It really is delicious. Kar, did you see where I want to take a picture of the doll?  If I send to you next week, can you just crop my name out.  My brothers name is fine to keep in as it was a nickname and he never used it when he was grown.  You guys will love how he did it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll probably do 5 or 6 eggs.  And of course there will be mimosas :) maybe some cheese and crackers for DS since he's not big on the eggs.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber, I have photoshop as well and I can do it if you'd like. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

No problem, Ambergirl, I'll be watching for it to pop in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you both!!  Now praying I find it in my boxes... you know how that goes when you move!  But I would never throw it out, so I know it is somewhere. I reallized I have had it for 46 years come August. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You'll find it. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all,
    First and foremost HAPPY BIRTHDAY mothermitzy. What a nice day, you have selected - sunny but cool. Hope your foot treat you well today. Any special plans for the day? Dinner w/ your daughter and father? I am sure your son must have skyped you already. Many blessings to you and your family.

I am on my way out for my monthly B12 shot, so I haven't had a chance to read all your posts. Will catch up later today. Enjoy the day - Pingo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Happy Birthday mm and many more!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Can I sign my name to that lovely card, too, Ambergirl?  Happy birthday, mm!!!  And, thanks for the reminder, Pingo. :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"Happy birthday to you -
    Happy birthday to you -
    Happy birthday dear mothermitzi -
    Happy birthday to you "

Hope you fit some fun in today.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

It is signed by all of us, but sadly it leaned to the right : )

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Happy Birthday MM, Hope its one of your best ones yet!!
    Icer, this eatery has been gone awhile, but I'm wondering if you had ever been, and if so did you happen to have their dip??  Loved it, creamy and real tasty, they closed before I knew they were going to or I would have tried for the recipe.  It was the Joppa grill on 18 in Bridgewater I think. ss

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, thank you - I should have guessed our names got cut off. ;)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I was out in the kitchen, mixing up the gingerbread dough, and all of a sudden I heard - is that the Easter Bunny I hear -

No, just a furry friend who lives here already -

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Is that a plastic egg she is playing with?  You snapped a great picture!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Actually, I only caught it because of the 2 minute flash delay that I always complain about!

Had the same problem with picture posting.  Had to get into IE and register fully again and be told there was something wrong with my password after filling that all out again, clicked again and then suddenly they knew me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Thanks very much everybody.  Love the card amber.  Yes, I was in touch with my son early this morning.  Having dinner with three friends tonight.  The family celebration will take place after Easter when DD and the guys next door are back from their Easter excursions. And of course, most of this weekend will be spent with my father. So it's all good.

When I got to the office today, there was a beautiful bouquet sent by my boss and the NY office.  As I'm going out to eat tonight and most of the office is off tomorrow, they'll take me to lunch next week.  I will probably work tomorrow even though it's a holiday for us.  So much to do.

I feel truly blessed and I thank all of you for your wishes.

mothermitzi   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, what a fantastic picture.  mm, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  Have a great time at dinner tonight. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Your birthday plans sound so nice mm...  and even nicer they extend more than a day!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Hi Kar (and all),

Kar, yes, I do have to wait about 2-3 weeks for the Zoloft to start working. Yesterday was a pretty low day. Had to go to hospital because I couldn't keep any food down from day/night before. I was admitting to OB triage and was put on fluids for about 6 hours. In between that time I talked to many doctors/nurses who assured me that with the help of Zoloft and talk therapy I can get through this. Mental health, I have now realized, is just as painful, if not more, than physical health. This has been a really love 2 weeks and I am praying until the day I feel myself again. Kar, I do not know how you lived with it for 6 months, it must have been your own personal h*ll. But it helps to know that you outcame and and now is a happy and healthy woman.

Again, thanks for all fo the kind words.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hang in there Liz.  We are rooting for you. I know it is cliche, but it is always darkest before the dawn..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Liz, we are all here for you.  From the sound of your DH you have a great support system.  Hoping you feel like yourself again soon. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In Response to Re: April chat:
    [QUOTE]Happy Birthday MM, Hope its one of your best ones yet!! Icer, this eatery has been gone awhile, but I'm wondering if you had ever been, and if so did you happen to have their dip??  Loved it, creamy and real tasty, they closed before I knew they were going to or I would have tried for the recipe.  It was the Joppa grill on 18 in Bridgewater I think. ss
    Posted by shakersilly2010[/QUOTE]
    I loved the Joppa Grill...My aunt Agnes used to take me there when I was a teenager and going to Culinary Arts school...I don't remember the dip you speak of, but I do remember they had a signature bread/roll...I think it was Churros...It had a twist and involved cinnamon

SS...Shall I save you a patch of grass on June 10th....Fireworks are on June 23rd...We have good seating for both....Just saying

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Happy Birthday MM

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Tip for anyone filling baskets and buying the "grass".  Don't waste your money on the 49cent bags of plastic grass - it is terrible, everything sinks through to the bottom, even with 2 bags per basket.  Sooooo, much as I didn't want to, had to run out again this morning - had one bag leftover from last year of recycled paper (not plastic) grass with a KMart stamp on it - Sure enough they carry the same this year, $1.50 per bag, but it's well worth it.  The candy actually stays on top so it doesn't look like a big basket just filled with grass!  Next door to S&S so ran in there and got a bag of baby white potatoes - now I'm really all set.