April chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: April chat

Liz, so sorry you are having such a time of it during your pregnancy.  It sounds as tho you have a wonderful team of doctors who are watching over you very carefully.  As the others have said, we are here to listen and give support any time you need.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: April chat:
    [QUOTE]Hi Kar (and all), Kar, yes, I do have to wait about 2-3 weeks for the Zoloft to start working. Yesterday was a pretty low day. Had to go to hospital because I couldn't keep any food down from day/night before. I was admitting to OB triage and was put on fluids for about 6 hours. In between that time I talked to many doctors/nurses who assured me that with the help of Zoloft and talk therapy I can get through this. Mental health, I have now realized, is just as painful, if not more, than physical health. This has been a really love 2 weeks and I am praying until the day I feel myself again. Kar, I do not know how you lived with it for 6 months, it must have been your own personal h*ll. But it helps to know that you outcame and and now is a happy and healthy woman. Again, thanks for all fo the kind words.
    Posted by lizinboston[/QUOTE]

Sorry you have to endure this for the ramp up time with Zoloft.  

Yes, it was hell, and I wouldn't have made it but for the friend that I usually visit when I "go East" for lunch.  For more of the story, email me at kargiverbdc at gmail . com.

Happy news for you, though, you already know Zoloft works for your particular chemistry so you don't have to go through the ramp up only to have it fail.  It has worked before for you, and it will work, again.  Push through one day at a time, and one morning a couple of weeks from now you'll wake up the real Liz, again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Happy Birthday mm!!!Thanks for the dips suggestions.  The problem is DH and his family avoid vegetables like the plague, lol.  I have never seen anything like it. I love veggies!  I think I will do a veggie platter and maybe a ranch dip or something.  Will also have chips, cheese & crackers, nuts.  I was also thinking maybe a buffalo chicken dip.  Who knows.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I haven't made this yet, but planning on it one day. A co-worker found it online and made it. He loved it.  I had him send the recipe to me. Sounds really good for people who don't like veggies.  You serve with Tortilla chips or whatever you want.  Just an idea : )  It is done in a slow cooker, so no work really required. Not the healthiest either, but not something you would make every day.

Velveeta Cheese Dip

♦ 2 Lb. Block Velveeta Cheese
    ♦ 16 oz. Jar of your favorite Salsa (Medium or Hot, it's what you like best)
    ♦ 15 oz. can of Hormel Chili No Beans (you can use a generic brand, it works just fine. Also, depending on the amount of chili taste that you want, you can certainly use more than one can or a bigger size.)

Plug your crock pot in, and turn it on low heat. This isn't like an oven where the need to pre-heat is a must. You just turn it on, put everything together, put the lid on, and let it do it's thing.→The simplest recipe for this is to cube up your block of Velveeta Cheese. Simply cut up the block into pieces, there is no rocket science here.Put the Velveeta pieces into the crock pot. Pour in your jar of salsa, and your can of chili with no beans....cover with the lid, and let it sit for the next hour. Don't keep taking the lid off to check on it, it is NOT going to burn. Keeping the lid on will keep the heat in, making the Velveeta melt quicker. After about an hour or so, stir everything together. It is done. You can even call it "Chili and Velveeta Cheese Dip." Call it what you want, it is scrumdeliumptious!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've had that - it's delicious on corn chips, especially original Doritos or Tostidos scoops imo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I know it is soooo unhealthy, but was planning on making it someday.  Thanks for the endorsement Kar : ) 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

When I splurge, I want it to be worth it, and that is some yummy stuff. :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: April chat : I loved the Joppa Grill...My aunt Agnes used to take me there when I was a teenager and going to Culinary Arts school...I don't remember the dip you speak of, but I do remember they had a signature bread/roll...I think it was Churros...It had a twist and involved cinnamon SS...Shall I save you a patch of grass on June 10th....Fireworks are on June 23rd...We have good seating for both....Just saying
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]
    Icer, I would love a seat for both events.  Does this parade go by your house too? We seem to have lost s number of eating places, the good ones too, I used to gove to go to the fish place on 18, all I remember is it was blue....its where Rosies Mkt is now. ss

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

[QUOTE]I haven't made this yet, but planning on it one day. A co-worker found it online and made it. He loved it.  I had him send the recipe to me. Sounds really good for people who don't like veggies.  You serve with Tortilla chips or whatever you want.  Just an idea : )  It is done in a slow cooker, so no work really required. Not the healthiest either, but not something you would make every day. Velveeta Cheese Dip   ♦ 2 Lb. Block Velveeta Cheese ♦ 16 oz. Jar of your favorite Salsa (Medium or Hot, it's what you like best) ♦ 15 oz. can of Hormel Chili No Beans (you can use a generic brand, it works just fine. Also, depending on the amount of chili taste that you want, you can certainly use more than one can or a bigger size.) Plug your crock pot in, and turn it on low heat. This isn't like an oven where the need to pre-heat is a must. You just turn it on, put everything together, put the lid on, and let it do it's thing. →The simplest recipe for this is to cube up your block of Velveeta Cheese. Simply cut up the block into pieces, there is no rocket science here. Put the Velveeta pieces into the crock pot. Pour in your jar of salsa, and your can of chili with no beans....cover with the lid, and let it sit for the next hour. Don't keep taking the lid off to check on it, it is NOT going to burn. Keeping the lid on will keep the heat in, making the Velveeta melt quicker. After about an hour or so, stir everything together. It is done. You can even call it "Chili and Velveeta Cheese Dip." Call it what you want, it is scrumdeliumptious!
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Ambergirl, that dip sounds delicious, will try it on my kids this sunday, it looks nice and easy, just what I like. ss

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I could go for a great big vat of it with a jumbo bag of Doritos right now - guess what my problem is, ha ha.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

So glad I don't have that problem anymore Kar! LOL!  I have to make that soon.  Now I am wanting it now!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm jealous...and feeling very large.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Busy morning. First a Dr. appointment, then a couple of meetings. Good I am not doing Easter; just don't have the time to prepare for it.
    Amber, your doll story made me teary too. Hope you find it and we can see a picture of it. I have always loved home made gifts. Unfortunately it is not done much anymore. I have kept all the art pieces, the boys have given me. They get a big kick out of it, when I occasionally show them my treasures.
    Amber, hope you haven't left your office yet. Want to wish you a wonderful long weekend. Will miss you chats tomorrow and Monday. Looking forward to have you back Tuesday with a lot of good stuff to tell us.
    I am packing up early today. I am beat. Everyone have a good night - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer - you didn't answer my plea for help and left me to my own devices - and now look what happened - they look like mice or cats instead of bunnies!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Have a good, restful evening, Pingo!

tt, I think they look like bunnies - the big ears give them away. :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Pingo, thank you.. and I wish you a wonderful Easter too!  tt, I think those look like bunnies to me.  YUM!!  I am probably going to scoot out early, so I hope everyone has a good Easter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have a good Easter, Amber.

I can hear you guys all laughing, you know -

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh tt, your bunnies are great.  Amber, have a nice long weekend.  I have a long one, but I have to be back at work on Monday. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Besides that, I baked them too long and instead of being soft like my gingerbread men are, they're  C R I S P.   Sh oo t

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Given I like the uncooked dough best, you know I'm not a crispy cookie fan, lol, but there are many people who like them even better that way!

Enjoy your long weekends, Winter and Ambergirl.  Too bad you don't get Monday, too, Winter.  Happy Easter!!

DH has Friday and is taking Monday.  Yay!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I could take it off, but I'd rather keep a vacation day for when the weather is nicer.  :) 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I hear ya!  I would, too.  But, DH is always under the gun in the Spring getting ready for the growing season, and our friend/neighbor asked him to take some trees down this weekend, too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: April chat : Icer, I would love a seat for both events.  Does this parade go by your house too? We seem to have lost s number of eating places, the good ones too, I used to gove to go to the fish place on 18, all I remember is it was blue....its where Rosies Mkt is now. ss
    Posted by shakersilly2010[/QUOTE]

Bowsers....My next door neighbor worked there for years
    I am going to try to send you a message through here...so you can have our address ...The parade doesn't go right by our door...but close enough...you'll see when you get here

The fireworks we can see from the front yard depending on how high or low clouds are that evening

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

ATTENTION ICER:  You cannot send a message in any fashion on the BDC forums that is private - it is impossible.  It might look private, but it won't be; anyone can see it even on the person's profile page Message section with "friend" acceptances and such.

I know there used to be a way, but that was before the forums overhaul a few years ago.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Thanks Kar...I just went in to give it a try...you are correct...I'll have to get an e-mail like you have I guess

Actually, I have to apologize TT...I wasn't on the computer much today...I didn't see your question about the bunnies but I think they are adorable..hoppy to see your eggselant baking( I crack myself up all the time)

We are having a variety of leftovers this evening...might have a cozy fire too
    5 weeks or there abouts til Zachary arrives...whoot whoot