April chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: April chat

Wow, Icer has that time gone by fast.  How is your DIL feeling?  Exciting, exciting.

Wish I had a fireplace, just got an oil delivery (last for this year) over $600, $3.88/gal.  It turned my smile upside down, that's for sure.

Bunnies, alias cats/mice, are bagged and ready to go.  I feel as tho there should be a warning to bite gently so noone cracks a tooth!  My oldest will be thrilled.  He loved the ones my mother used to poke a hole in the head before baking and then string a piece of krinkle ribbon through and hang on the tree.  He loved dunking them in coffee.  These will certainly be dunkable. 

ETA:  All the shopping I've done and I couldn't find anything I wanted for supper.  Ended up scraping the last of the Temptee out of the carton and slicing green olives on top to make a sandwich.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Icer, I was in a panic there for awhile thinking you might post your address thinking it was secure and private the way it used to be.  Phew!  5 weeks left?  Wow, I'm wtih tt - it feels like you just gave us the exciting news!

tt, don't you trust your CC friends - they are fabulous bunnies!  And, if you are giving them to someone who enjoys dunking, all the better.  You can't dunk soft cookies; soggy pieces fall to the bottom of the cup - not good.  (Icer, very funny, hoppy about her eggcellent baking, ha!)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt. forgot to tell you I got a special request from DD for Wowie cake. Told her I will make it after dinner so it will be warm and her reply was, cold or warm I want some! Spoiled brat! Lol!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

And I bought her a package of yellow marshmallow Peeps. She will laugh at me but she loves them : )

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm looking at some peeps right here, haven't put them in the kids' baskets yet.  Watching a steve martin /madeline Kahn movie - funny - I think it's called Mixed Nuts on Starz.  Laugh out loud scene with steve dancing with a transvestite.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I don't get Starz just HBO and Showtime : ) I love Steve Martin!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Shutting the computer off for the night now.  Enjoy your 4 days off.  We'll miss you on the boards.  Hope you have a wonderful Easter.  Nite.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I used to love Madeline ...Not sure which movie it is that you are watching Tt...hope it was good.

I a going to wrap up my Easter work and venture out into the world today...I did a little staying out of public places for a couple of weeks there...We were just in a little parade here in town but crowds of people can get to you...I don't know how celebrities do it...It is overwhelming

I actually have tried a new/old modeling kind of confection...If it works well, I will post it on the recipe page...I am making chicks and bunnies and such out of it this weekend...but the possibiltits are endless...I'll be around today

Chat later!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning friends. tt, I have 2 dozen applesauce muffins in the oven.  DS helped me with the dry ingredients.  He was so proud of himself.  I have to go to the market today, most likely S&S since my son hates grocery shopping and don't want to leave him alone that long.  S&S is a quick trip for me, so he would be ok alone for that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, the muffins are wonderful!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just finished doing up the baskets and brought my cereal in here to read the morning posts -

Winter, so glad you like them.  As I said, they freeze well.  I wrap mine individually with gladwrap and then put them all in one baggie.  They go good with a meal too.  Plan on putting mine in a basket on the table with dinner.

Icer, you creative devil.  The confection sounds intriguing!  Did you make any baskets this year?  I'll make one again next year for G.T.'s.  I'll have to remember not to brush with whatever I used last year - it softened it.  Hope I wrote it down.  Are you going to post a pic of your creations?  Seems like Kargiver and I are the only ones who post pics to show you what we're talking about in our food endeavors!

I think I'm all set now to sit back and wait for Pumpkin's drop in, and hopefully, my son with the young kids.  I know he won't make it over here Easter, but I did have a chat with him about kids visiting "grandma's" once in a while.  They're off from school today, so maybe.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I have to get to the store and get stuff to give to DS.  A friend makes homemade peanut butter eggs dipped in chocolate so I may give that a whirl :) My guys like peanut butter and chocolate.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm going to shower and get to the market before it gets busy.  I'll check in later.  :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: April chat:
    [QUOTE]I have to get to the store and get stuff to give to DS.  A friend makes homemade peanut butter eggs dipped in chocolate so I may give that a whirl :) My guys like peanut butter and chocolate.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

As Edith Bunker would say -  "Who doesnt'?!!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good Friday morning, all!  (Oops, I mean Spring Holiday as DH's company gave him the day off for.)

After a pancake breakfast, we read Mark's account of the events of Good Friday together and will choose another account tonight.  In some ways it's new every time.

I'm considering making tt's applesauce muffins as part of a special Easter breakfast.  They sound so good, and muffins are quick and easy.

DH is out getting ready to take down trees next door, and I'm lazing around still in my PJs about to put water for a second cup of coffee.  Feeling a tad guilty about that...I should shine the floors today while he's over there and surprise him.

I made boneless chicken thighs with an onion and mushroom cream sauce and curly (name?) pasta.  Heavier than we usually have, but he was over the moon for it, and it means I don't have to cook tonight.

I need to get to the store today for Easter dinner, too.  I hope they still have lamb racks at S&S - it's the only place around here that sells them, and I don't have a backup plan.

Have a blessed Good Friday, everyone!

~kar

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I didn't make any of the bread baskets for Easter...We are all still pooped after the shower and for me the parade...

I will post pictures when I am done with my new modeling confection...Its working pretty well so I think its a weiner(thats a joke) I mean winner

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    All you girls are busy with your Easter preparations, and here I sit taking the day off. All I really have to do is to make a dessert for DH's tennis team. It's their last game tmw. and they are having a small party after the game.
    Then of course there are the chores, that has been pushed aside. Lots of ironing and a trip to Costco. Saw Shaw's has my laundry detergent on sale, so I will stop by there as well and load up. Don't shop there much any longer; even though they are close by, they are not on my immediate path like MB and S&S.
    tt, your bunnies are cute. Funny you should mention about them being hard. Exactly the same thing happened to my gingersnaps, I made last week. The sugar cookies were fine, but the snaps turned our really hard, not snap-y after cooling. They became good dunkers.
    Making ox-tail soup in my miracle pot tonight. They don't have them often in the stores any more, so when I saw them I had to pick them up. I can't get over how expensive they are these days. I used to buy them for almost nothing, but now they are as expensive as many other cuts of beef. Oh well, once in a while it's ok. The soup from them is heavenly.
    Better get going so I can hit Costco, before it gets really crazy up there. Have a good day. Chat later - Pingo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You ladies are either very brave, or nuts, to hit the supermarkets today!  Yesterday was wild in S&S.

Sitting here, waiting for pumpkin.  Had a message yesterday from my son that they had errands to run today with him, but would stop by.  All I know is that it will be before 2:30 when his mommy gets home,  because she wants him there the minute she's home!  My other son with the young kids said he will stop by either tomorrow or Sunday with them.

I took one of my muffins out of the freezer this morning to have with my coffee.  Time to make another batch this next week, only 7 left to put out Easter.  Have a slew of things to do tomorrow, but not before then, frosting the wowie cupcakes, decorating the choc egg cake, thawing and pkging the peanut butter cookies, making the Spanish Cream, and thawing and cleaning the chicken.  Glad I bought the baby white potatoes, now I can scrub them and cook and serve whole - one less process to do before sitting down at the dinner table.  Looking forward to the Easter egg hunt.  Will boil and color them today after the baby has come and gone - boiled eggs don't leave a very pleasant smell in the house!

P.S.  Let me know how the peanut butter/choc eggs come out if you decide to make them, Winter, and how easy/hard they are.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Wow- is everyone busy!   Making me feel so guilty.  I have not  done one thing-will run to S& S today for what I have to get.
    Could not get on yesterday from work.
    Now today, at work, it does not have my "welcome Tulips" as it usually does, and it says you need to be logged in to contribute.  BUT--here is the open post box. 
    So even though it is telling me I am not logged in, I guess I am. Makes total sense----Really???? 
      This is as bad as SAP (system in work) .

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I had the very same thing, Tulips, until a couple of days ago when I completely re-registered and clicked a couple of times and it finally took.  I didn't have welcome toytrumpet either until then, but could post anyway.

Just talked to the boys in Georgia.  Here I was envious because I thought they were going to Savanagh and I pictured the Garden of Good and Evil - with the moss hanging from the trees, and the beautiful way the city is all set up around parks in the center.  They can have Atlanta.  They were enjoying it tho, had just come from the Botanical Gardens where everything is already in bloom.

I'm stepping out to take a pic of my grape hyacinths which are in bloom this morning.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Sounds like everyone is pretty ready for Easter.  Already worked over 70 hrs this week and looks like I will have to work more over the weekend too, argh.  Now I am even happier I am doing sandwiches Sunday!

Probably won't have much time for posting, so I just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Easter!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Decided to iron a bit before I went out, so I don't have to stand on my feet for too long. Just came back. Now sitting down w/ a cuppa and a couple of my "dunkers". I actually like them this way. With the warm coffee incorporated, they are delicious, but of course if I try to copy them, I would not be able to.
    The traffic was horrendous, but the stores were fine. Not many shoppers. Guess all the "nuts" must have shopped yesterday in order to avoid the mob. LOL
    Stopped at BB&B. I need a tall glass jar for a project I am going to do. I can't use plastic and the jars I have left from all my pickling are too short. Besides I have a 20% coupon. You just can't imagine, what they dare to charge for an empty jar. So, I left and thought I would try Target or Job Lots. While at Hannaford, I spied a tall glass of dill pickles. Just the right size for what I need. $2.29 and that includes the pickles.
    Kar, I just stuck the rack in my freezer. DH asked, what I was making for Easter dinner. When I told him a rack, he said, "Why don't you save that for when the boys are here. How about a pork roast w/ your red cabbage (which he loves)?" So now I am joining Winter doing the pork roast instead.
    Have to put away groceries. Then back to my ironing. - Pingo

ETA: For anyone, who is working and leaving early today - have a wonderful Easter weekend.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In Response to Re: April chat:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: April chat : Bowsers....My next door neighbor worked there for years I am going to try to send you a message through here...so you can have our address ...The parade doesn't go right by our door...but close enough...you'll see when you get here The fireworks we can see from the front yard depending on how high or low clouds are that evening
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]

Icer, I can send you my e-amil, thing this post will let me? ss

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi Everbody -

Even though the office is closed, I am here.  I know pingo will agree with me that you can get more done when nobody is here.  Had a lovely dinner out for my birthday last night.  Went to a restaurant called Union in the south end.  I highly recommend it.  Tonight, I'm invited to my neighbor around the corner.  She is having a traditional seder supper for her family and a few friends.  I am honored to be invited.  The last few years she's been away at Passover so it's been awhile since she's had it at her house.  Always an interesting evening.

Stopped at Arch St. Shrine this morning and lit two candles: one for my mother and another for my grandmother.  When I was a kid, they always took me shopping at Jordan's for an Easter outfit and we'd stop at the shrine to light a candle.  Nowadays, open flame is not allowed anywhere, so you deposit your dollar and press a button. Not quite the same but still a tradition for me.

winter, homemade peanut butter chocolate eggs sound divine.  I hope you can get hold of the recipe.  I've progressed from Reese's eggs and jelly beans to Cadbury eggs and one small package of Peeps.  I just can't resist. 

tt, hope you got a visit in with your little pumpkin. Loved the bunny cookies.

Have a great evening everybody.

mothermitzi

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Just got back from a thoroughly successful trip to S&S.  It was a little busier than usual, but no madhouse, thankfully.  Everyone was so nice, too, a joyous Easter feel in the air.  Found a lovely 2 lb rack so no need to buy two.  

Prin, happy Easter and enjoy your preparations and hosting!

Tulips, same to you and yours, too - hope your DH is able to enjoy the day as long as the festivities are going on.

tt, still smiling (NOT laughing!) at your bunnies - they are so cute, and look so tasty.  Glad you heard from your boys and know they are having a great time with everything in full bloom down there.  My Dad was just in Savana for a music festival and said it was lovely.

Pingo, funny your cookies were hard this particular time.  If you usually use margarine in them did you happen to use butter instead this time?  No harm, it's just one thing that causes cookies that are usually soft to turn out harder.  Nice find in the tall pickle jar!  Makes you mad, doesn't it, that they can charge $20 for an empty jar and $3 for the same jar filled with pickles?  Your pork roast will be lovely, but I have to admit I'm drooling for our Easter rack of lamb - I'd be disappointed to stuff it in the freezer for later!

Oh, there's DH with a big load of whole de-limbed loggs from next door...

Sections
Shortcuts