April chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: April chat

Here I am - fresh from a visit with my little pumpkin.  Want so to brag and post a pic I took of him today, but musn't.  He grows more into a "little boy" instead of a baby, every time I see him.  Such a happy little fella.

Kargiver, my son did have a laugh at the "bunnies", but took some home nevertheless!  Even had one with a beer while he was here - couldn't dunk it obviously, but managed. This year will forever be known as Nana's gingerbread mice!

SS, don't post your email address anywhere here on the boards - it will be seen by everyone.  You and Icer can work it out, if you have an idea where she lives, subtly give a couple of hints and if you're right she will tell you.  I know you're looking forward to meeting her.

MM, so glad you had such a nice evening, and another planned tonight.  I was doing pretty good with the candy until DIL brought me a little green glass covered chicken dish, reminding me of the old carnival glass, filled with chocolate candies.

Told my son he could have one of the Perdue chickens I bought, will only be roasting one for Sunday and seeing as I hate roasting them, the other would just sit there in my freezer.  He has no room in his freezer right now, but will take it at some later point.

What is the project you're undertaking with the glass jar, Pingo?  You've peaked my curiosity.

To anyone not on the boards tomorrow, have a wonderful Easter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I am disappointed too. Was looking forward to it. But DH is right. I just made it for him for Valentine's Day - and I know we will enjoy it more, when we all are here. Pork will be fine too, and of course I scoured the internet for a pressure cooker recipe. The one I found had only excellent reviews, that I am going to try it.
    I always use butter in those cookies. Don't know, what went wrong. I bit my cheek trying the first one, not expecting it being as hard as a rock. But now I know, I don't mind.
    How is Gracie today. Still limping? She must be in her glory being outside with Daddy all day.
    Bell ringing. Have a load of Wowie cupcakes in the oven - Pingo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

To communicate anonymously, one of you can set up a gmail email account without any use of or connection to your name whatsoever.  My "name" on my Gmail account is Kar Giver.  The address is kargiverbdc @ gmail . com.  If one of you sets up a free gmail account like that you ca post the address here (with spaces like I did here so the autobots don't grab it and spam you).  Then, the other can email it and presto, you are in contact without anyone here figuring anything out or seeing anything private.

Pingo I could enjoy that lamb every week!  But, alas, too expensive.  Pork was to be my backup were they to be out of lamb, but S&S really stocked up.  Funny about your cookies - I don't know what makes soft cookies hard except for the butter substition...it's a mystery, but at least they are still good.

I'm sure the cookies were a hit, tt, even if they didn't look exactly the way you planned.  Very cute! 

All this cookie talk makes me want a treat...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re the change from soft to harder cookies - I know with me it was that I baked them too long.  My gingerbread recipe calls for shortening (Crisco) and that's what I always use.

ETA:  Sitting, sitting, waiting, for the hard boiled eggs to color - the hard boiled brown eggs I mistakenly bought!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Lordie ladies, I am pooped.. been spring cleaning since 9:00am. I think if I rememberhow exhausting spring cleaning is, I would never do it again. A lot like child birth.. being a hoarder is looking good.. lol! Went to my bin for my spring bedspread and curtains and found the box I believe the doll is in is buried under china boxes. Will need to move everything out to get to it. Hoping to do that Monday. Haven't gotten to living room curtains. Tomorrow... But bathroom, kitchen abs bedrooms are done. Going to grab something to eat and then a nap. Oh and DD taking me tomorrow to supermarket. Asked if a friend can join us Easter. I told her of course but I don't have enough lamb nor the funds. She is going to pay for it. Would never ask but I am on a strict budget. Wish it was different. Will check in Easter morning to wish my friends a Happy Easter : )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Amber.  How nice that DD asked about a friend, rather than just bring her!  Why are you doing your spring cleaning two days before Easter?  Leave the rest of it and do it piecemeal.  Don't exhaust yourself so you're too tired to enjoy your Easter.  There'll be enough to do that day as it is.  Take it from someone who has been there, done that.

Meanwhile, I'm still sitting and waiting -

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, I remembered you said you baked yours longer than usual - thought about the butter/margarine thing for Pingo's case, but it wasn't her issue, either...an unsolved mystery.

Ambergirl, it was thoughtful of DD to ask, and I hope you won't worry about asking her to pay for the extra; it's hardly like you have the money but are being stingy and selfish.  It's not about who pays for the food. :)

DH is done with the trees after about 4 loads of logs.  Ah, here he is, now.

Blessings,
    ~kar

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I will tell you about my project, if I succeed. Have to get a few things together first.
    Glad you had a nice visit w/ Pumpkin. They change so much, when one don't see them every day. You are so young to have a GGS. So nice you will be able to see him grow and enjoy him. That's wonderful. Wish you could show us a picture. Did you give him your card? If so, he probably stuck it in his mouth.
    Had to sit down again. When I bent down to take out the cup cakes, my back reminded me, I pulled a muscle last weekend. Darn it! Have so many other things I would have liked to do today. Glad I at least got some of the ironing out of the way, before I left. Took an Aleve, so hopefully I can move around again in an hour or so. At least finishing our supper.
    Just checked. Still have 6 applesauce muffins left from my last batch. That will be plenty for our Easter breakfast. I am also going to make a mini strata for the two of us. Was going to bake a bread for our soup tonight, but on the spur of the moment, I bought a long French bread at the store. Now I am glad I did. I will use the left overs for the strata.
    Tulip, how is DH doing? I am glad for you, that you are keeping Easter in your home, That way he can enjoy it more and retire if it gets too much for him.
    mm, how wonderful it is being invited to a Seder dinner. We have several Jewish friends, but had never had that opportunity. It must be so special, to be part of a special intimate family dinner. We have so much to learn from different cultures.
    Kar, I forgot to mention, how sweet it is, the two of you reading aloud from the Bible for each other. My father used to do that for us during the holidays. I miss it so.
    - Pingo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I try to take advantage of days off tt. My next one is Memorial Day. Ok if I exhaust myself today : ) I am a bit anal about my house. Lol! DD is wonderful about that but I feel badly she needs to pay for the extra lamb. She understands and told me, mom you are nice enough to have xxx and I planned on buying more lamb. Love my girl : ) I am too tired to go through past posts from today. What are you waiting for?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

THESE are what I've been waiting for - see what happens when you try to color brown eggs for an Easter Hunt?  No brilliant yellows, oranges, purples -  this is the year of Nana's gingerbread mice and dull eggs!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Amber, we posted at the same time, so I didn't see your post. I agree with tt, why are you doing Spring cleaning just before Easter? Don't kill yourself. Just do a good picking up, if needed; then leave the rest. No one will look in the corners, especially when you are having such a lovely Easter spread. I long gave up on "spring cleaning" - I do it little by little all year round. - Pingo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, it is the thought that counts.. I would have loved a grandmother to have done that. You are truly a loving grandmother and great grandmother. I will be right as rain Sunday and happy I got the cleaning done : ) And best of all I have Monday off. My butt is on my couch! : )

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, now you are being too hard on yourself again. Those eggs are lovely. The red egg is just the "in" lipstick color. So your are up-to-date. - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hmm I need a new lipstick, mine are down to the tube, so that red is the color I should be looking for, huh?

Thawed my DIL's sauce with mtballs and sausage out for supper tonight.  Boy does it look and smell good to me - oh, sh oo t, forgot it's Friday, a meatless day. Kept thinking all day it was Saturday.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Too late ladies! I am done except for living room curtains. I am glad I did it though. House smells like laundry. Love that smell. I have to admit I was feeling my age today. Think I got stubborn : ) Age wins.. hands down... lol!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you for the kind words Kar. It is just hard being her mom allowing her to pay for anything. Makes me very uncomfortable .. Winter, finished Hunger Games! Love! Love! Looking at Catching Fire on my table. Going to start it tonight. I have 2 more loads of laundry. I will do a total of 6 today. Oy Vey!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber, get used to DD paying for things - as they get older, that's what they do, because they want to.  I hate it when G.T. comes down with bags of mulch, bulbs, various yard things that I want and would pay for, but he won't let me.  Being the parent, it feels as tho we should be the one taking care of them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you tt... been wearing heavy on me. But I support myself on one paycheck. Taking a $6000 a year paycut after being laid off was killer. But growing up poor and living on my own since 18, I know how to squeeze water out of a turnip : ) But always made sure DD had everything she needed so this is hard. She knows this so is always sweet about it. And stubborn!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's wonderful that you and she have such a close bond, Amber.  There are so many mothers in this world who don't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Here are my Easter bunnies as promised. Cute huh? SS

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I love ss! I am embarrassed to say I don't own one Easter decoration... tt, thank you about DD. Best thing that ever happened to me in my life.. I found out when I was 37 I couldn't have more children. I believe God sent her to me for a reason. He has not been disappointed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Did you make those, SS?  They're adorable.  I took ceramic classes for a couple of years, it was so much fun.  The first year I poured my own in their molds, but the second, went to buying their greenware and painting it.  I don't think I have anything other than a pitcher and bowl I just cleaned and glazed, leaving it white like one of those old sets you would see in old farmhouse bedrooms.  That set is really nice.  ETA:  by "that set", I mean your set of bunnies and eggs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber, the Easter decorations will come along as your grandchildren do.  Some you will buy to tickle their fancy, and others they will give "Nana" at Easter.

I said to my son today, "Thank God there are still little ones coming along.  I do all this decorating, and it isn't for me.  What good would it be, what fun would it be, if there weren't little ones to come in and say, 'Ohhhh"."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I can't wait tt for grandchildren. But DD is in no rush. Thankfully I am still young (or so I think!) Lol!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yup, plenty of time for you both.

Sections
Shortcuts