April chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: April chat

Well, just grabbed a pocket sandwich.  Back in after backtracking on my stores this morning, looking for best cat food prices.  Ended up with 55cents a can at Target (plus I had a $1 coupon) and back to KMart for the better price on Kibble.  Picked up a few things I needed for kids' Easter gifts along the way.

Icer, came in with Genevieve and Jack practically lip to lip and something about putting it in writing ??  Just then my son came in so I have no idea what happened.  Definitely will be watching SOAP tonight.

Kargiver, glad to hear Gracie seems not to be limping.

Things to put away, I'll check in later.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I read the first two chapters of book 3, Amber and tulips, it's very good.  tt, what brand of kibble do you use? 

ETA:  Added an I to beginning of sentence.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am still on book 1 Winter although hoping to finish it tonight.  Will that mess me up for book 2 if I do that?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Mess you up?  Sorry I meant to say I read the first two chapters....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh!  I thought you said for us to read the first 2 chapters of the third book!  lol!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh no, that would mess you up.  You'd have no idea what was happening.  What do you think of it so far?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I love it!!  I am off Friday and Monday, so looking forward to finishing the other 2 books.  It hooked me right from the beginning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I love it too.  I was hooked by the first couple of pages of the first book. The actress that plays Katniss in the movie is fantastic as well. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have a good night everyone. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good night, Winter, and all going home from work.

I'm getting ready to visit the mom of the snuggie toddler tomorrow.  Guess what, they are expecting a naturally conceived triple blessing, yes, triplets!   She is 1/2 way through an amazingly smooth pregnancy. 

I'm a bit worried to leave Gracie to her own devices outside, but it seems she's recovering and probably won't get into too much trouble.  There's always something to worry about with her.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In Response to Re: April chat:
    [QUOTE] I'm getting ready to visit the mom of the snuggie toddler tomorrow.  Guess what, they are expecting a naturally conceived triple blessing, yes, triplets!   She is 1/2 way through an amazingly smooth pregnancy. 
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Kar, you better start knitting now!  Three is going to be such a handful - I'd be overwhelmed after the first week - maybe you could make one snuggie with six arms!  Imagine them all lined up on the couch, watching in their snuggie.  ..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hats, you are too funny. I believe, Kar is done doing snuggies. You may or may not have followed the birth of the first one. It was a long and hard labor. So THREE of them - I doubt it.
    Anyway Kar, hats is right - better start that crochet needle going. They will be here before you know it. My sister had twins. It was really, really hard with 3 year old  as well. But three of them? OMG. Hope your friend has lots of support and help.
    - Pingo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Boy - having an issue posting today!

Amber - I saw Mob Wives last night - OMG!  BTW, why don't any of these people have jobs?  If most of them are in jail, and the wives don't work - I dunno.  Is there really that much (dirty) money left? 

Still finalizing my menu for Easter.

Kar, have fun today.  Hope Gracie is doing better!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great idea, ladies, but they are choosing to not find out the genders until they are born.  I suppose I could make green, yellow, and purple blankets.  But, I'd rather make gender specific ones, and they aren't finding out early.  So, I'll be under the gun when they come, but they've got plenty of blankets in the meantime from their first baby.

Getting ready to go soon so have a great day - chat later! 

~kar

P.S.  Thanks, prin - Gracie is better, but still a little sore upon getting up.  We're fairly certain, still, that she didn't do anything terrible, but any favoring of a leg freaks us out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Sun's shining, looks like a good day.

Icer, I did catch Y&R on SOAP last night.  My wild imagination is thinking that Genevieve turns the company over to Jack, gets him to marry her, then does him in and she once again is in control of not one, but two companies ??  Am I way off?  Do you think she really loves him?

Had a cup of tea in the evening and that was enough caffeine to wake me up at 3:00 for a couple of hours.  Do have to go out this morning, but it will be a lazy afternoon.

Little Lilly Bug has been suffering with a come and go, here and there, rash, I think similar to what I had last summer, from what DIL describes.  Virus was the diagnosis and she was put on an antibiotic - 2 nights ago broke out in hives from the meds, that were bad enough they brought her to the E.R.  Scares me, these rashes that people are getting and no clear diagnosis what they are.  Mine they thought were from a scratch from the moonflower plant, but she hasn't been near anything like that, or poison ivy, and they have ruled out all the regular suspects, that produce a chicken pox like rash.  She's already had those, btw.  No new detergents, dryer sheets, shampoo, change of juice or other foods.  Next will be a dermatologist, but as I told DIL, that still won't give a definite cause, just determine whether it's caused by an internal substance or an external.  Anyway, DIL called to see if they could still come - "Of course!.  I don't think she has anything that in my life I haven't already had."  Hope she's feeling better by then.  She's a spunky little kid and you never know she isn't feeling good until something wipes her out.

Well, breakfast time for me and then get around.  Have a good day everyone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning everyone,

Chilly day today.  I fell asleep around 9:00 last night.  Very unusual for me, but must have needed catch up sleep fromt he weekend.  Feel great today.  Prin, still waiting for Mob Wives to repeat. I am going to check On Demand tonight to see if that episode is on.  I don't know what they do either but they all have really nice homes. Have you ever seen my Big Fat Gypsy Wedding show?  That is crazy too and nobody has a job that I can see, yet they have new cars etc.  I need to find out how to do that! lol!  Kar, triplets!  What a blessing, but honestly I don't think I could handle that.  They will need lots of help I'm sure.  tt, how sad for Little Lilly.  Rashes are tough to diagnose as you said.  I had shingles many years ago. They told me it was a form of chicken pox and can be brought on by stress.  I hope she is ok.  A visit to Nana's will do her good : )  Should be a quiet day, my boss is in CT today.  Stay warm!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  tt, poor Lilly Bug, I hope her visit with nana brightens her spirits.  Amber, how is the reading?  I didn't get as much time last night to read, but I'm on Chapter 6 I think.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am really slow at this book!  I was really tired last night, so no reading and I have been forgetting to bring it to work, but remembered it today.  Will read on my lunch and hopefully on the train. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,
    I had an unusual good night's sleep last night. Didn't wake up a single time. I don't understand why - nothing I can think of changed from my daily routine. But I will take it. Feeling so much better this morning.
    Poor little Lilly. Rash can be so difficult to deal with for a little kid. I am sure your DIL must have tried the old fashioned oatmeal bath. If not, it would be something to try; it does give relief. It will certainly be good for her to visit Nana.
    Kar, have a good visit with the expecting mother. Triplets? OMG, I don't think I could deal with that. My mother was an avid knitter. In her time, no one knew the baby's sex before birth. So, she always used white yarn, and embellished the finished product with appropriate pink or baby blue. I have tons of her baby clothes for the boys tucked away. Still waiting to bring it out. LOL
    Hope Gracie and little Amber are doing better.
    I put up the finch sack a few days ago, and this morning we counted 9 of them feeding from it. They are so pretty. I was trying to take a photo of them, but they fly away as soon as I go near the glass door.
    Looks like it is going to be a lovely day out. Enjoy it - Pingo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, that's great that you had a restful night's sleep.  I wanted to show a new picture of Yoda and his serious side, but I can't post it on google chrome...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That stinks Winter.  You know I would love to see it : )

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll try logging in from IE, but I had problems with that before. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

We will be patiently waiting, Winter.
    - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Nope I can't even log in with IE.  I'll try to post a little while.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Quiet day of the boards chuckle?

Two bowling teams, one of all Blondes and one of all Brunettes, charter a double-Decker bus for a weekend trip to Louisiana.  The Brunette team rode on the bottom of the bus, and the Blonde team rode on the top level.

The Brunette team down below really whooped it up, having a great time, when one of them realized she hadn't heard anything from the Blondes upstairs. She
    decided to go up and investigate..

When the Brunette reached the top, she found all the Blondes in fear, staring straight ahead at the road, clutching the seats in front of them with white knuckles.  The brunette asked, 'What the heck's going on up here?  We're having a great time downstairs!'

One of the Blondes looked up at her, swallowed hard and whispered...

'YEAH SURE, YOU'VE GOT A DRIVER' !!