April chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: April chat

I just seen all your posts : )  Wish I was reading!  Very quiet in my work today for some reason.  I usually subscribe in the morning to CC and get an email when someone posts, but forgot today.  tt, sounds like you made out shopping at the paper store.  Nothing more statisfying than when you come home with everything you needed or wanted.  Like Winter, I would like a half moon please...  Kar, sounds like you had a lovely day with your friend.  Sometimes that is so rewarding.  That is just what I needed yesterday myself. It was great to spend time with someone I like.  I wouldn't worry about the housework, it is a never ending chore IMO. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I too wish I was reading.  Had to run and pick up batting gloves for tonight's game. The ones DS had were way to small and his father didn't get them as promised Saturday, so mom to the rescue.  tt, you've been busy clearing stuff out. Kar, sounds like you had a nice day with your friend.  Amber, sorry work is so slow for you today. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I hope I can read some tonight.  I didn't on my lunch : (  Tired today.  Monday's are always tough!  I'm use to it being slow. I was warned when I was hired.  Hopefully I will get some projects this week.  I some work tomorrow, so that is good.  That must be irritating Winter that you have to run out to pick up the gloves because his Dad forgot.  You are  a good mom : )

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll read when I get home from the game. I'm in the summer of 1962.  It's ok, as long as my son has what he needs.  

ETA:  Thanks, sometimes I think I'm too hard on him.  His dad likes to be his best friend, which makes me the bad cop.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, I think most dads are like your ex. My DH certainly was, when the boys grew up. Somehow Dads think needed gloves just appear on their own. They don't give it a thought, where they came from. Moms are usually the cops. We make sure the kids clothes are clean, their bookbag packed, their lunch or money for lunch are available, the kids do their homework and the library books returned on time. Then after everything is taken care of, Dad shows up and is the good guy. I am not complaining; it is just the way it is.
    And Dads need to be reminded - several times. If your son had reminded him, I am sure you would not have had to rush around at the last moment to get them. But that's what moms are for. LOL Hope he wins the game tonight with his new gloves - Pingo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I was going to say that, too, Winter - so many dads make mom be the "bad cop."  I certainly am with Gracie.  I dole out every bit of discipline she ever gets.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning everyone - tt, I'm glad you were able to move up your appt.  I know how debilitating GI issues can be. 

Pingo & Kar - good luck with your submissions to TJs! 

Haven't had much time for posting these days.  Work is just terrible Frown 

TT - I have a Paper Store in my town and I love it. I never leave there empty handed!  MIL said they just opened another new one in Burlington as well.  They must be doing well.  That's a good sign these days.

Have a great day everyone!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sorry work is so awful, princess.   How was your iron?

I'm writing the email, now, to TJs.  I don't have much hope because not only do they not carry chili powder, they don't carry the individual components.  Paprika and onion powder are a big part of chili powder.  So, I'm wondering if all the binders (if spices actually even are binders) have to come from Trader Joe's, or just the 7 main ingredients.  Oh, well, I'm giving it a whirl and if it's disqualified what can I do.  I wish they'd gotten back to me about the rules, though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

In Response to Re: April chat:
    [QUOTE]I was going to say that, too, Winter - so many dads make mom be the "bad cop."  I certainly am with Gracie.  I dole out every bit of discipline she ever gets.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Wow! that's a pretty broad paint stroke - "so many dads make mom the "bad cop."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Probably there will be other entries with spices they don't carry, Kargiver, and they make take that as a sign those are things the public use frequently, and add them to their inventory.  Good luck to both you and Pingo.  It would be fantastic to see both or either of you win one of the spots.

Heard it pour during the night and glad it seems to have stopped for now.  Will be out this morning before my later appt. with dr.   I paid dearly for my "wild" escapades with lunch and morning coffee yesterday.  Good - it will give him an idea of what makes the symptoms worse.

Princess, you never said how you made out at the doctors after your blood test.  So sorry work is such a stressful place.  As for the Paper Store expansions, I hope they don't do as so many other places, restaurants etc., do, and over expand.  Their merchandise is good, reasonable, and they carry just about everything to consider for gifts.  In fact, as we speak now, I'm thinking back to something I saw that might be just right for one of my DILs.

Stayed up to watch Bethanny Frankel last night, I don't know why.  Moth drawn to flame, I guess.  Even watched Real Housewives of NJ, even tho I can't stand Caroline.

Do have to be out by 9:30 this morning, so will get around.  Have a good day everyone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT, good luck at the DR. today.  I waqs thinking - have you raised the head of your bed?  It's supposed to help night symptoms - putting blocks of wood under the legs at the head of the bed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

GREAT point, tt - I never thought of that.  I've often been frustrated at their terrible spice selection, and maybe this will improve it.  

It was pouring here last night and again for a bit this morning.  Still gray and rainy, but no downpour.

One year I did nearly all my Christmas shopping for DH's side of the family (our side draws names) at the Paper Store having gone in there for the only thing I thought they carried, cards and stationary.  Boy, was I wrong, and I got 90% of my list crossed off at that one stop!  Their buyers seem to really get it (unlike Hallmark where everything screams, "I got this at a gift shop").

Gracie just emerged from her crate, walked over to check out the weather at the French doors to the backyard, and headed right back to bed.  So cute. :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

It's May! It's May!  The lusty month of May,

someone start a new discussion (it won't let me do it.....)

Sections
Shortcuts