April chat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: April chat

Thank you on the compliment on his fur.  Ideally I'd love to brush him, but I don't think that's happening anytime soon. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Here is another one.  The white tissue behind him he pulled out of the box to play with I guess.  He's just being cute here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Another great one for a different avatar.  I love the way he looks at you : )  He has come a long way.  You can tell how healthy and happy he is.  Thanks to you and your family.  He is blessed and knows it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

He's gorgeous, Winter - that really is a serious, grownup shot.   

My still-blank picture popup stays empty and runs in the background...I can't bring it to the top to use it even if it had the regular buttons.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I was only able to post a picture on IE.  I got nothing at all with Google Chrome.

Thank you both for your compliments.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Love those pics of Yoda, Winter.  He is a BIG cat.  Reminds me of Desmond, size wise.  Cheerio has already run to my bed before it can get made, but I'm sure while I'm out she'll be poking around on the computer.

Kargiver, it really took several minutes once I clicked on the tree and that first block came up, blue circle spinning - spinning - spinning - and just when I was ready to get up and leave it, it went to the next box and after a couple of more minutes the "browse" box came on.

So now, I'm logged in/registered in both Chrome and IE, still unable to post pics on Chrome which I prefer tho.

OK, have to sit under the hair dryer and get out of here.  I'll check in later this afternoon, after Y&R.

Icer, are you reading these posts?  You never got back to me about what you think Genevieve is up to - ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I can't get the little window to come "forward" so I can interact with it.  I see it minimized on the bottom of my screen, but clicking on it doesn't do a thing.  And, it doesn't recognize my login on any other browser but Chrome.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I had to re-register on IE this morning and even then it told me something was wrong with my password.  Clicked again once or twice and finally it sent me on to Boston.com.  Poor system, that's for sure.  I'm off now for my errands.  Hope you have luck with your pics.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks tt.  Have a good day out and about.  Kar, that's what Google did to me.  It never becomes available...lol.  I too am logged into google and IE at the same time. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Argh.  Things don't just stop working randomly; the same code runs every time unless they change it.  I wish they'd change it back! Yell

The other popups, the emoticons and link features, come up as tiny blocks, too, but they are not minimized and I can expand and use them.  They messed around with the popup code, I guess. :(

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,
    Add me to the group, that cannot post pictures. I was going to post a picture, exactly 1 year old yesterday, with one foot of snow on our deck railing. Remember that white stuff? With all the problems you all have, I didn't spend much time on it though. It wasn't a significant pix anyway.
    Hats, I saw that MS roast chicken recipe. But 450º for 1 - 2 hours? Can't imagine it will come out moist and tender. I have to admit, I haven't roasted a chicken in years. Costco has the best rotisserie chicken for only $4.99. That's what I get, when our cravings are for Roasted Chicken.
    Obbie, what a nice story to share with us. I am sure it will comfort Liz. So glad your daughter is well now.
    Liz, good you decided to be treated, before it got worse. I am hoping for you that the meds will work fast and you get out under the dark clouds very soon. My prayers are being send your way. Hugs!
    Winter, what a gorgeous cat that Yoda is. Such a beautiful coat. Enjoying the pictures you post of him.
    And Amber, I can't get tired of looking at that beautiful Amber on the latest pix you posted. Glad you decided to use it as your avatar.
    Nice to se you posting again, BG. Please don't go away now. Hope your DD is on the way to recovery. It is a terrible disease. Hugs to you too.
    Your green beans should last until Sunday, tt. But make sure you pick them up w/o any blemishes. One bad one can ruin the entire bunch. I have had good luck with the ones that are already bagged, cleaned, snipped and ready to steam. Little more expensive, but they last longer. In fact I still have some, I bought last week.
    Picked up a couple of ham slices yesterday. Buy one get one free. One is in the freezer. The other one will be for dinner tonight with creamed spinach. Yum!
    Getting ready for work. You all have a nice day - Pingo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks Pingo, I will keep that picture up.  She really is a cutie pie.  I too buy the green beans that are already bagged and ready to steam, but I cook them in a pot with chicken broth.  Come out the same as fresh.  Really good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In Response to Re: April chat:
    [QUOTE]Love those pics of Yoda, Winter.  He is a BIG cat.  Reminds me of Desmond, size wise.  Cheerio has already run to my bed before it can get made, but I'm sure while I'm out she'll be poking around on the computer. Kargiver, it really took several minutes once I clicked on the tree and that first block came up, blue circle spinning - spinning - spinning - and just when I was ready to get up and leave it, it went to the next box and after a couple of more minutes the "browse" box came on. So now, I'm logged in/registered in both Chrome and IE, still unable to post pics on Chrome which I prefer tho. OK, have to sit under the hair dryer and get out of here.  I'll check in later this afternoon, after Y&R. Icer, are you reading these posts?  You never got back to me about what you think Genevieve is up to - ?
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I haven't been....sometimes it gets to be too much of a gap and I give up trying to keep up

Genevieve...I think she truly want Jack back in her life..I kind of hope she sells to Victoria...but we shall see...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, I made it back at 11:59 - and that was running to Costco, M.B., and then stopping in Hannaford's for things I forgot or couldn't find in M.B.  Now I remember why I don't still bother to drive to M.B.  There are certain items I cannot get there, as today with Maxwell House decaf grind coffee,  Wolfgang puck's chicken gravy, Del Monte green peas  - the main thing I went out there for were pickles (got them) and green and black olives because they were on sale - forgot all about them and had to make a stop at Hannaford's.  Luckily picked up everything else there too.

Lunch time and TV time for me.  It is a GORGEOUS day out there, ladies.  OMG, so nice.  Came home and opened windows.  Picked up some pickle loaf to add to my sandwich today.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Good morning everyone, they let me back in again....yippee...been so long I think I'm just gonna start from here and then reply to posts as they come.  It sure is nice out, think I'm going to go out and rake a little, I'll bring my portable raidio with me and listen to the oldies while I work.  Love your egg and rabbit tt, did you make the rabbit too?  I have a rabbit family, basket and eggs that I made in ceramics class in 1988, I love em... will see if I can get DD to post a pic. for me.  Take care and Keep Smiling all, ss

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

SS!! Look at you!  You're here!  Your post popped up after mine appeared.  No, I didn't make the ceramic rabbit, the egg is made of crochet thread wrapped around a balloon, dipped in sugar water to dry, and then the balloon popped and embellishments glued on.  Got the original directions from the old Windsor Button Shop that used to be in the Peabody North Shore Mall.  Miss that store.  They had everything and the people who worked there were so knowledgeable.

Icer, you must not have watched Y&R for a few days, Jack is taking the business back and marrying Genevieve to boot!  That will all hit the fan today when Ashley and Nikki find out.

P.S.  Should add, ran into such nice fellow shoppers in M.B. today.  Nice when people take the time to be pleasant to one another.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh, tt - Winsor Button? I miss that store too. You are right, they had everything. The last item, I purchased there, was an embroidery of flowers and bees, that says,"Thank you for not smoking."  After finishing it, I framed it and hung it in our entrance way for everyone to see. It was a more gentle way of asking guests to abstain from smoking. We don't really need it any more, as not many people are smoking any longer. But at the time I made it, it was a big problem. People did take notice. Jo-Ann is ok, but nothing like the Winsor Button was for notions.
    I find people and tellers are usually friendliest in grocery stores in the middle of the week. It's Fridays and Saturdays, when everyone are in a rush and the stores are mobbed, people get cranky and unfriendly. That's why I hate to go grocery shopping those days - Pingo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You're probably right about the day of the week making a difference in the mood of shoppers, Pingo.  One woman this morning overheard me asking the clerk for the Alouette cheese spread.  He said he never heard of it, so I went back to my searching.  She took the time to come over and tell me about the other cheese section down by the deli, and that it might possibly be there, and if not that she knew Hannaford's carried it.  Nice of her to bother.  As I put things away realize I only have 4 white potatoes in fridge - but they will have to do, I have a large can of sweet potatoes/yams and I refuse to run to a grocery store again before Sunday - unless the beans (which btw looked beautiful in MB) go limp.

Bathroom cleaning today and a quick look/see/pick up.  You'd think the Queen of England was coming - just my oldest son who was the biggest room slob ever!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Interesting - since getting into my photos and saving/posting one here, now when I try to send one on my email, none of the pictures even come up in my photo album.  I can get into the photo section separately, but when I do the browse - no pictures appear.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

tt, I loved the Windsor buttton shop too, I went to the one in the South
    Shore Plaza, have lots of cross stitched sayings framed and hanging, the one in the kitchen is dated 1965!!  Is there a CVS near you? they have Maxwell House ground on sale this week 2/$6.00, there were coupons in the paper for #1.00 off one, so I got my 2 for $4.00..... Came in for a quick bite and then back to my raking....ss

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hi all - just wanted to pop in and say hi.  Been working like crazy - til 10 last night and back at it since 4am yikes.  Going to be like this for a few weeks, but I had to see how my friends were doing!

Didn't check out the recipe thread but, believe it or not, I can actually roast a mean chicken!  I use a Martha Stewart recipe.  I use herbs, butter, cheese cloth and wine - yum! I also roast it at 350.

Love the pics!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I had my $1 coupon with me and completely forgot to use it in Hannaford's.  I'm such a dunce when it comes to the coupons, clip, carry, and then forget to use them all the time.  The question is, do they have decaf?  That's what a lot of stores don't carry is the ground decaf.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What purpose does the cheesecloth serve, Princess?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I'm curious too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

I think it just keeps it moist.  You take it off after the first hour (I think, I have to look at the recipe), then the skin will crisp up.