April Weekday Chats - 2009

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Re: April Weekday Chats - 2009

Yes, my avatar has my candles. Someone else thought they were Easter Eggs. :)
    I think they are 'Spring-ish" at least. I had to go to a local park to take the picture  because we have no grass.
    TT- I remember those! I was only able to see one ever. It was a ship. I guess I wasn't able to cross my eyes just right most of the time.
    My daughter thinks Fancy Nancy is fun. I think that sounds like a great idea at the library - dressing up, reading, and decorating hat cookies. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Mothermitzi

Just checking in to make sure everything is alright.  Haven't seen a post from you last night or today - too tired?  I know you said work had been very busy.  I hope that's all it is.  I'll be shutting the computer off for the night soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning, mothermitzi

Just another few lines.  I hope your absence doesn't mean that there is illness in your family.  I know you said your MIL was not doing well. If you're around, please jump in for a quick note. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning, Icer

Wanted to let your know that your dough bread basket tradition has spread.  My neighbor a couple of houses down made TWO for Easter.  She had seen the one I had made last year or the year before, and when I mentioned I had plans to make another one this year she decided to make a couple.  The one she brought to her daughter's she filled with colored eggs and little Easter "bunnies" she made from the scraps of bread dough (little pieces of dough twisted and then with a little ball of dough added for the head).  It's amazing how our "sharing" with each other on these boards reach out and touch so many other lives.  Thanks, Icer

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Any time TT....I am researching Fancy Nancy stuff...I will let you know what I come up with for that...seeing as you have a "fan" in your life

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Folks, I got a good laugh at your comments about the word "breast" being banned ... and then I deleted it from our bad words list. So you can talk all you want about chicken breasts! The company that provides these forums supplies a default list of bad words to which we can add more (our readers are very creative with their spelling, so we've added a lot of variations to the standard swears). The company is based in Austin, and they must be very, very nice down there, because their default bad word list contained words like "damn" and "breast". Unfortunately, for those of you who post pie recipes, we still can't allow the word for poking the top of the pie crust with a fork!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

[QUOTE]Folks, I got a good laugh at your comments about the word "breast" being banned ... and then I deleted it from our bad words list. So you can talk all you want about chicken breasts! The company that provides these forums supplies a default list of bad words to which we can add more (our readers are very creative with their spelling, so we've added a lot of variations to the standard swears). The company is based in Austin, and they must be very, very nice down there, because their default bad word list contained words like "damn" and "breast". Unfortunately, for those of you who post pie recipes, we still can't allow the word for poking the top of the pie crust with a fork!
    Posted by BDCDottie[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Hey I didn't get a chance to say anything. Dottie, you could only be refering to our resident TT...You know that not only stands for Toytrumpet but also Trash talker lol...

Thanks for making the change...My Arouc con pollo recipe would have gotten lost in translation...what no spanish spell check

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks a million Dottie! - I have been trying all day to respond to your post, but I kept getting prompts, that I should register again. ???????
    "Chicken Mammal Glands Pie" somehow does not sound very appetizing to me.
    I am sure a lot of other "bad" words will show up. But you know, I think it is great idea that some of the posters has to clean up their language. Freedom of speech - yes, but why does one have to talk trash in order to get a point across. I am not a prude by all means, but a little respect for our language is in order. Please keep up the good work - so far you have been doing pretty well.  -  Pingo

[QUOTE]Folks, I got a good laugh at your comments about the word "breast" being banned ... and then I deleted it from our bad words list. So you can talk all you want about chicken breasts! The company that provides these forums supplies a default list of bad words to which we can add more (our readers are very creative with their spelling, so we've added a lot of variations to the standard swears). The company is based in Austin, and they must be very, very nice down there, because their default bad word list contained words like "damn" and "breast". Unfortunately, for those of you who post pie recipes, we still can't allow the word for poking the top of the pie crust with a fork!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh, Dottie - I forgot to tell you 1) my dear daughter in law if from Texas - one hours drive from Austin --- and they swear like "hekc" (purposedly misspelled) there. They are cowboys, you know, with the spurs and the guns and all. 2) I would like to ask, what does that "mark all as read" means - and how does it work??? TIA - Pingo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

[QUOTE]Good morning, mothermitzi Just another few lines.  I hope your absence doesn't mean that there is illness in your family.  I know you said your MIL was not doing well. If you're around, please jump in for a quick note. 
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Hi tt -

Thanks for asking about me, although I am fine.  For some reason, I cannot post from my computer at work. When I attempt to post, I am asked to sign in. When I sign in, I get sent back to the bdc home page.  It is bizarre.  The prompt asks me if I want to be remembered on this computer and I say yes.  I can't figure it out and our IT guy is in Australia.  So, I can only post from home for the time being.   

Have been out every night this week.  Two meetings and a wake.  Tomorrow morning I am going to a funeral in Saugus.  On Saturday I am going to another funeral in Fitchburg.  Two good friends of mine lost their mothers on Easter weekend.  Sunday, I hope to go to Maine and visit with our family friend on her birthday.

In the meantime, the magnolias are out in the Back Bay and the Public Garden is beautiful with forsythia and a white flowering bush I can't identify. Makes for a great walk at lunchtime.  

mothermitzi

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi mothermitzi

So glad to hear from you and that family illness was not the cause for your absence.

I used to love to walk when the magnolias were out in town.  Miss having someone living there.  Am trying to get up my walking time, 5 minutes by 5 minutes.  Did pretty good today.  It was over the mall, but nevertheless, walking.  Had lunch out (a delicious corned beef sandwich) and after some mall browsing, a few hands of cards.

See all the birds nest gathering.  Others in the neighborhood have seen my fox, but I'm afraid she has changed her route and no longer goes along my back walk.  I did spy a snake in my little pond, a dead one, I believe, it seems to be half in and half out.  If I can work up my courage tomorrow I will attempt to flip it out so I don't have to keep seeing it when I look out my slider.

Have plans tomorrow and Saturday, so along with today made for a busy week.  Still haven't done that housecleaning I keep promising myself I'll do.  It'll still be there waiting for me whenever I get to it.  Hope you get to visit your friend in Maine this weekend.  BTW, how is your father?  You haven't mentioned him lately.  Hope all is well. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi tt -

He's fine thanks.  I'm starting to think about a party for his big birthday in Nov. Have to set a date soon so the far-flung members of the family can make plans. 
    He had his pacemaker updated in March.  The batteries were wearing down after ten years.  I'm taking him to a family wedding in California next month, so he's been out walking and trying to build up his stamina after a long winter indoors.

I'm glad to learn your fox is still in the neighborhood.  No sign of my hawks.  My neighbor saw them circling the tree about a month ago but no sign of them now. I think they would have set up housekeeping by now.  If they don't return, I'd love to think the crows would come back.  Something tells me they won't though with that big nest high up in the tree. Instinctively, I think they would stay away.

mothermitzi  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi putt -

Glad to see you checking in.  You'll figure out the avatar sooner or later.  I read your post about Easter, and I'm glad you all got through it.  The first year is always the hardest for me after the death of a loved on.  I spend all the holidays remembering where we were and what I was doing with the person the year before. 

Friday is supposed to be a nice day.  Hope you make it outside for some walking. My low impact aerobics class ended and I didn't see another class I liked for the next session.  I'm still getting on the dreaded treadmill a couple times a week and walking when I can. Take care.

mothermitzi 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MosesHandsworth. Show MosesHandsworth's posts

[QUOTE]Hi tt - Thanks for asking about me, although I am fine.  For some reason, I cannot post from my computer at work. When I attempt to post, I am asked to sign in. When I sign in, I get sent back to the bdc home page.  It is bizarre.  The prompt asks me if I want to be remembered on this computer and I say yes.  I can't figure it out and our IT guy is in Australia.  So, I can only post from home for the time being.   
    Posted by mothermitzi[/QUOTE]

That happened to me too at first

But if you click on LOG IN. not SIGN IN, you shouldnt have a problem

With LOG IN you get a drop down. SIGN IN takes you to a separate page, and for some reason, it signs you into the site, but not the forums page

Dont ask me why, but that seems to be how it works

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning mothermitzy,
    Glad to see all your posts.
    I have the exact same problem at work as you do. Can't post, being asked to sign in and register and when I do they throw me out to the BDC home page. Really annoying. But like you I don't have that problem at home.
    I will ask my son in Texas, what could be the problem - could be some server attachment. Lots of times, the office servers are set to not accept certain programs. I know at our office, he has installed a program, that disallow our employees to download and install whatever they like in order to limit viruses. If he has a solution, I will let you know.
    Yes, the Magnolias are out around here too - a sure sign of Spring. And the grass is getting greener by the day. I haven't see many birds yet though - and that worries me. I did see our goldfinch couple though - that made me happy. They are usually in our birch tree right outside our open bedroom windows - and it is nice to wake up and hear their "singing".
    Your weekend seems busy - hope you get to go to Maine to relax and for some enjoyment after all the wakes and funerals you are attending.
    Best to you - Pingo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

[QUOTE]That happened to me too at first But if you click on LOG IN. not SIGN IN, you shouldnt have a problem With LOG IN you get a drop down. SIGN IN takes you to a separate page, and for some reason, it signs you into the site, but not the forums page LOG IN signs you into the forum Dont ask me why, but that seems to be how it works
    Posted by MosesHandsworth[/QUOTE]

Thanks very much MH!  You solved the dilema.  Much appreciated. I like to post during my coffee breaks.  Pingo, follow MH's instructions and you will be able to post from the office, too.

mothermitzi

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi pingo -

Today the blooms are exquisite.  I didn't get to the office until 1:00PM today, but I'm leaving the office at 5:00PM anyway, and I'm going to walk down Commonwealth Avenue, through the Public Garden and on to Charles Circle. I'm going to take advantage of the weather because the rest of the weekend doesn't look so good.

I'm sure you will be visiting Pittsburgh at some point to visit your son.  I was there once and went to the Andy Warhol Museum.  Don't know if you enjoy that sort of thing, but I liked it.

mothermitzi   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi tt -

In one of your posts, I think you wrote that Cheerio weighs about 13 pounds.  Samantha weighs the same.  She used to weigh 17 until I started feeding them at night.  I switched because she would eat the food during the day and pester me very early in the morning.  Her brother weighs about 15, but he is much longer than she and doesn't look as heavy.  Guess his weight is more spread out! 

mothermitzi

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MosesHandsworth. Show MosesHandsworth's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks very much MH!  You solved the dilema.  Much appreciated. I like to post during my coffee breaks.  Pingo, follow MH's instructions and you will be able to post from the office, too. mothermitzi
    Posted by mothermitzi[/QUOTE]

Youre welcome

When it happened to me, and I was "bing-bonged" from the forum page to the home page, like what happened to you, I thought to myself, "Oh, great. Another new format...another epic disaster"

But after a few minutes, I was able to figure it out

This new format is a big improvement over what we have had to deal with the past 10 months. Still has a ways to go before it measures up to the old old format though

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

[QUOTE]Youre welcome When it happened to me, and I was "bing-bonged" from the forum page to the home page, like what happened to you, I thought to myself, "Oh, great. Another new format...another epic disaster" But after a few minutes, I was able to figure it out This new format is a big improvement over what we have had to deal with the past 10 months. Still has a ways to go before it measures up to the old old format though
    Posted by MosesHandsworth[/QUOTE]

I agree.  The boards are better this time around.  I doubt that we will ever have email notification again.  I wish bdc would just come out and say that. However, we do have spellcheck again.  Well, MH (much easier than spelling out your entire nom!) I thank you again and hope you have a nice weekend.

mothermitzi     

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Dottie, I once had a good friend who talked about "chicken chests" all the time.  I found it annoying.  Thanks for saving us from this and other circumlocutions.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

[QUOTE]Dottie, I once had a good friend who talked about "chicken chests" all the time.  I found it annoying.  Thanks for saving us from this and other circumlocutions .
    Posted by Ihavemyhats[/QUOTE]
    Love it Hats

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Chicken chests! *laughing uncontrollably*
    Oh my, that is hilarious. Now I'm crying. Wow. I guess I really needed to laugh.
    Thank you! What a great gift tonight Sealed

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning Hats,
    Chicken chests? This is too funny. Nothing like a good laugh to wake you up in the morning.
    I can stand it, when women say "I got my friend". What is wrong with saying period?
    - Pingo