August 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: August 2011

What a sweet (no pun intended!) story, tt, of the swapping of Hoodsie halves.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My docile little Cheerio showed her feisty side this afternoon - pretty baby hadn't been out there this morning, but this afternoon I was talking on the kitchen phone and pacing back and forth by the door, as I'm apt to do, and out he comes from under the shrub, crying.  When I finished the call (well, actually, I excused myself and said I would call her back in a few minutes), I went out to pet him and talk to him.  You should have seen and heard Cheerio - it was like it was the first time she had gotten a look at him, and when I tried to get back in the door, she practically knocked me down trying to get at him!  He sat right down on the walk and just looked at her, but she was all for jumping through the screen to let him know in no uncertain terms that this was HER house!  Guess any ideas I get from time to time of bringing another cat into the house had better be scrapped.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Well she told you tt!!  Cheerio does not want to share you and her jealous side came out for sure.  Kinda sweet though : )  And if pretty baby was smart, he wouldn't be so calm.  Cheerio can hold her own, after all she is a grand dame : )

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I've had to do that with my son regarding the Hoodsies. Anyone remember when they gave you wooded spoons to use with those?? Or when you used the lid as a spoon :)
    Cheerio was just letting that the other cat know who was the at in charge there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I remember the wooden spoons Winter.  You got them with the italian ice too!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Welllll, when I was a kid, we not only got a wooden spoon to eat it with, but on the underside of the cover was a picture of a movie star!  How is this for unsanitary - we used to lick them off, collect them and then swap with each other!  Wish I had kept my collection.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Nothing wrong with that tt and my friends I would share everything too but I don't recall getting sick hardly at all as a kid.  Germs are healthy in some aspect so you build an immunity to them.  People are too crazy with the hand sanizers today IMO..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

FYI, Amber, decided on sausage and eggs for supper.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That sounds delicious tt.  I love cheese omlets so I have one with bacon or sausage a couple of times a month, especially if i don't feel like cooking.  mm..........  now I want that tonight instead of the pork!  LOL! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

People are very germaphobic now.  People also don't let kids be kids. 

I know some people that are helicopter parents and it makes me want to scream.  Let little Johnny fall, he will be ok, kids fall. Why can't you take your baby to a mall? Germs? Germs are everywhere.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Amen to that Winter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Enjoy your birthday evening, Amber.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hope DH finds it is something he is able to take care of.  Pingo makes it sound easy, I hope it is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, wait, I seem to remember there was a thin wax paper-like sheet over the lid, so that would have been what we licked off, then peeled it.  Yeah, must have been, they wouldn't have put the inked picture right against the ice cream.  Well now, that's not so bad, is it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, bless that guy of yours! Truly. I can imagine how much it would have cost you ----- a lot.
    Guess that hoe of his is paying you back. It is like my sewing machine, it has paid it self back many times over. - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Happy Birthday Amber and many more to come, Hope the "Birthday Angel" is real good to you all year. ssw

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I'm now inside following some of allready's advice with a glass of wine.  We don't have any chocolate cake. :(

You chicken, you! The wine is good, but chocolate cake would not be so appealing to me in this case - just saying. - Pingo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, that sounds so good to me. Real homey.
    I picked up a tuna steak, which is marinating right now. Will grill it on my grill pan, when DH comes home. Will serve it with some sauteed green and red pepper strips and some Wasabi mayo. DH hd a difficult day today, so I thought I would make him  something, I know he really likes, and it is easy enough to do. - Pingo

In Response to Re: August 2011:
    FYI, Amber, decided on sausage and eggs for supper.
    Posted by toytrumpet

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'll send over one of the last pieces of the lemon meringue pie I made.

(to kargiver, in place of chocolate cake!)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

tt, I've had to do that with my son regarding the Hoodsies. Anyone remember when they gave you wooded spoons to use with those?? Or when you used the lid as a spoon :) Cheerio was just letting that the other cat know who was the at in charge there.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride

I remember the wooden spoons, and also the covers had pictures of movie starson them. We collected them and swapped them.ss

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: August 2011 : I remember the wooden spoons, and also the covers had pictures of movie starson them. We collected them and swapped them.ss
    Posted by shakersilly2010

Finish reading the posts, Silly Sally, I already said that!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'll send over one of the last pieces of the lemon meringue pie I made. (to kargiver, in place of chocolate cake!)
    Posted by toytrumpet

Oh, boy, I'm starving!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

When I reread some of my own posts sometimes, I wonder, "How can my cholesterol be down?" !!  Actually, I came off the statins and went on a natural substance that has a statin in it - don't know how long it will last with none of the side effects I usually get from the others, but right now, I'm very happy.  Who wouldn't be if you could eat lemon meringue pie and Hoodsies?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Please keep that in mind. Just like raising a child. No means "NO"! In your case, you needed to for reasons. But many parents give in. That is why we have so many uncontrolled children today. So many parents are ambiguous. What is the kid to believe in? One day yes - the next, no.
    My niece is raising a couple of completely uncontrollable children.  Cute as buttons. But they are whiners and tantrum children to a point, that it makes everyone uncomfortable.
    How is the project coming long?
    - Pingo

That's great you found something that does the trick and with no side effects. Gracie has finally settled down having figured out that all the crying in the world isn't getting us to let her out.   DH has covered the sewage pit, but it's not Gracie-proof.  Goodness, what a mess she could make.
    Posted by kargiver

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

Hi all! Just got back to Home Sweet Hotel after work.   We do have a kitchen in the suite, but I'll just make us sandwiches tonight. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMBER! Kar, what your D.H. can do is impressive. t.t., so cute how cheerio is so jealous! I'm still catching up on previous posts. take care all bg

Sections
Shortcuts