August 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: August 2011

Oh boy would I ever buy that book!  You are incredible with words... you should do it tt!  but promise Cheerio will be in it too : ) Your Cheerio stories are a riot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: August 2011:
    Oh boy would I ever buy that book!  You are incredible with words... you should do it tt!  but promise Cheerio will be in it too : ) Your Cheerio stories are a riot.
    Posted by ambergirl

Only if I have your permission to include Tigger and Boo would Cheerio stories be included.  She's grinning at me, purring.  I know what she's thinking, the boys will have to come here so I can get some quotes from them!  She's washing up now.  I'll have to go explain to her that won't be happening immediately, not until the middle of the book.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

This is what i am talking about!  LOL!  Of course you can interview the boys, but I too will not breathe a word of it as they will drive me crazy until then.  I know what you mean by "she's washing up now" The preening in my house is something else everytime they see a picture of her!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I have to post this.  A friend sent it to me and I am cracking up!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, I laughed so hard at that - cute as the devil.  Thanks for posting.

ETA:  I have to go try to do some ironing.  Bought a knee brace when I was out this morning (larger than the previous one!) and felt something snap either back in place or out of place.  Figure I'll take advantage of it - who knows what tomorrow will bring!  Will make sure I hop in before you leave for the day - maybe sooner if my knee doesn't like the standing on it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I have not.  Did you read Code to Zero?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Does he mean us?  Pingo, I can design the cover for the book :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hello Ladies
    Looks like a busy afternoon on the boards.  Wonder where Kar is today?

Do you believe DH wants to go to BJs tonight?  I told him he is crazy.  There is nothing we need that badly.  We always have tons of water, etc. on hand anyway.  Oh well. 

Getting things wrapped up at work (well, at least trying to) before vacation.  Yeah!  Will go visit mom tomorrow and make sure she has all she needs.  Then I am meeting some gfs for dinner.  Should be fun.

Not sure for Sunday yet, guess we have to wait and see what Irene brings with her!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Does he mean us?  Pingo, I can design the cover for the book :)
    Posted by Winter2011Bride

Phew!  I'm off the hook for drawing!

Of course, GT means us!  Does he follow the thread, tt, or do you just send him little snippets (sorry, i think I asked this before)?  I can just imagine what our shenanigans must sound like to an outsider.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm back after ironing two slacks, two tops.  That's it for now.

Princess have a great vacation.  Just to have the time to do what you want when you want, is a vacation.

Winter, not sure if you're bidding on the book Pingo is going to write, or the one G.T. wants me to write.  If it's mine, the cover will have to have secondary figures of cats - Boo, Tigger, and Cheerio.  They are an integral part of our daily conversations, which, of course, is what the book will be loosely based on, that and the "characters" (and I mean that in only the nicest way!) behind the postings.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'll tell you what they sound like to him - he doesn't usually come over here, but I do forward accolades from you ladies sometimes, and last week I was sending him back and forth postings of Ache and me on the turkey thread.  The last I heard from him, he wanted to suggest that I call some of the local sr. agencies and see if they needed volunteers - me!  He told his partner, "Thank Gawd Ma has the computer - -"  I can finish that sentence for him - he was thinking, "or else she'd be driving us crazy"!

ETA:  Then, of course, the subject of the book came up yet again.  "You really ought to write a book"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

PC, I was just think "where is Kar today" myself.  Hope all is well if you are just taking a quiet day, Kar.

PC - have a WONDERFUL vacation - It is well deserved!  Great way to kick it off by having dinner with your gfs!

TT - maybe he meant you could teach the seniors how to use the computer.  It certainly would open up a whole new social life for many of them I suspect.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

Hi everyone bg here. Ok, yo won't believe this. The car I rented because a girl rammed into my car? Um, well, a woman hit my rental car backing out of a parking space. I don't know maybe I should meditate or do something incredibly good to get out of this bad luck! I posted on the other thread, and I have to drive to work now. Hope everyone is safe during the upcoming storm! Take care. bg, and Stitches.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

After I posted, I backed up, and realized I hadn't read a whole page of posts. Will catch up.bg

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

BG, that is crazy!  I would ride a bike for a while...  Sealed

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Remember the Friday night wedding I went to a month ago?  Got a lovely thank you in the mail today that had a picture of the beautiful couple on the cover, and inside was a snap the photographer took of all the guests out on the lawn.  At the time we were all muttering, this is crazy, you'll never be able to  pick out who's who - but guess what, I can pick out me and G.T.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Regarding the covers, I'm not a drawer, but I can do amazing things with Photoshop and other computer programs...so I can put Cheerio, Boo, Tiger, Gracie, Jax, Buster and Spencer in there somehow :)

ETA:  That's a cool idea for the card.  I held up a sign that said Thank and my DH held one up that said you and we used that photo for the cover of the card.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Regarding the covers, I'm not a drawer, but I can do amazing things with Photoshop and other computer programs...so I can put Cheerio, Boo, Tiger, Gracie, Jax, Buster and Spencer in there somehow :) ETA:  That's a cool idea for the card.  I held up a sign that said Thank and my DH held one up that said you and we used that photo for the cover of the card.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride

Sounds perfect - (the book cover).

That was a neat idea for a thank you card.  Things are so much more personalized now, it's great.  When I got married, you had such a limited choice.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Oh, BG!!  I hope this weekend's rain washes away all of your bad luck.  How is your whiplash feeling?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Bg, can't believe the luck - or not - that you are having with cars.  Be very careful.  How are you feeling btw?  

Saw your suggestion on the turkey thread for a get together - wine, cheese, beer, pretzels at Winter's pool.  Wouldn't that be something!  I don't swim, so could only go in the kiddie end of the pool, well maybe if I got a pair of floaties I could swim around.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Know you working gals are getting ready to go home, so have a safe week-end and hopefully we'll chat on Monday - or Tuesday.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am getting ready to sign off too.  I hope everyone stays safe and I hope to chat on Monday too. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Have a safe weekend everyone!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Hope everyone will stay dry if (??) Irene comes to visit.  My DH did move all the lawn ornaments into the garage, tipped a bench and my swing over just in case, last heavy rainstorm we had my swing got tipped and ended up with two holes in the roof awning.  tt, hope your knee is getting better, if you have arthritis anywhere in there, this weather isn't too good for it.  Went to Foxwoods on 8/25, won another $300.00 Bingo game, but this time there were 9 winners, so when it was split, I only got $34.00!!  Better than nothing.....I'm going to Mohegan Sun on the 29th....a friend offered to pick me up, take me to the bus, and then bring me home.....I haven't been there in close to 2 yrs.
    Volunteered today at the Sr. Center on the desk, you wouldn't believe the # of calls I had asking if the Center would be used as a shelter if Irene comes.  Went to a wake this afternoon, will go to church service tomorrow AM, and then some small shopping.....as long as I have a book to read and some c hocolate,let the rains come down.....take care all, and keep smiling. ss 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

Hi everyone Stay safe whatever happens with this storm. I have errands to do in the a.m.. Nothing on Sunday. We're still in the hotel suite for another week. I'm getting used to it. Actually we've met some interesting people staying here. There is a film crew that are staying here for 7 months! I can't imagine living in a hotel for that long . I miss my Homey stuff, pictures,vases,cozy stuff that makes a dwelling a home. On the upside, I managed to get home without being hit! t.t., I'm actually feeling well. Apparently,the hot tub and swimming really made my neck and shoulders feel much better. I will continue it as I have the weekend off. bg

Sections
Shortcuts