August 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: August 2011

Good morning,

Seems comfortable this morning.  I think I heard yesterday tho, that there will be more rain this afternoon.  As always, places to go this morning.

I think because we have law enforcement in our family, they are all the more conscious of dangers that can arise on the boards.  A lot of unstable people scan and even post in chat rooms, we all see that from the terrible stories of young people who are innocently lured by someone pretending to be who they're not. Anyway, G.T., as do my other sons, feel strongly about it, and I'll listen to them on this one.  Not that they or I think any of the CC chatters are in this category, but more the possibility of those who scan the boards.  I respect the beliefs of those of you who feel perfectly safe setting up meetings etc., but I bow to the experience my sons have in this field and Cheerio and I will remain anonymous - means better cropped pictures on my part!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

Nice and cool and dry today - isn't it delightful?  Enjoyed a superb cuppa this morning.

Took Gracie swimming last night, and she's doing very well today.  

DH is in the massage chair doing his best to relax before his business trip; he's leaving here at 10.  Before then, he wants to pick the garden for me. :)

No big plans today, but tomorrow and Thursday will be going East for lunch.  Hopefully, the plummeting gas prices will be seen at the pump tomorrow.

Anything exciting going on out there?

~kar

ETA:  tt, we were posting at the same time, but I agree, the need to protect our safety cannot be overstated, and one never knows who's reading.  Back when BDC allowed for truly private messages, one could share personal information with just one person, but now it's viewable to everyone no matter how or where you post it so anyone could show up to a meeting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  We had so much rain Sunday and yesterday  we had to pump water out of the pool.  Levels are all good again so swimming can resume.  Though it was done to 74 yesterday. :(

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

SIL noted the level of her pool had gone way up, too, and it's amazing how much it cools it off! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hi Chatters.  I agree, tt, that we never can be too careful.  I lurked for a long time before finally joining chat, but sometime forget in my postings that there are others reading.  Good reminder from GT and the rest of your boys.

Our dinner party last night was great.  This is a group of friends I have known since I was 13, although now our group has grown with the addition of spouse and children.  Its nice that all the new additions get along as well though.  I'm afraid puppy had too good of a time though and ate something he shouldn't have - or too much of something.  He was up very early this morning with a belly ache (to put it politely).  He was great with the kids though and secured himself an invite to one family's house to run in the yard adn play with the kids.

Too bad DH is going away, Kar, but at least you have us to keep you company.  And lunch out East is always enjoyable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, poor Jax - maybe one of the kids fed him something.  We generally give a gentle "Gracie never gets 'people food,'" if folks are coming over with young children.  It's aimed at the adults, too, secretly. ;)  That's so cool you guys have been friends since 7th grade and that everyone gets along well now that the group has expanded (including Jax, what a good boy!).  But, you left out the most important detail - what was on the menu?! Laughing

Yeah, time will go by fast with you guys to keep me company.  He'll be home Thursday night, and it's already Tuesday.  Like that Seinfeld episode when they were visiting his folks in FL, "...between showers, sleeping, etc., we're practically home already."  LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Great that you and friends from teens still get together, Novem, and particularly that spouses get along.  That isn't always the case.  Yes, I'm with Kargiver, tell us the menu.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Either that, or something that fell to the floor.  I'm sure he'll sleep it off today.

As for the menu - it is always the same, pizza and salad.  We rotate whose house we meet at and its almost alwyas a weeknight, so that works for everyone - the SAHM, the working girls, the bachelor.  When we do plan a weekend night, we pick a theme (for ex. Italian) and split up the courses/dishes.  It is nice to be around people who have known you forever and who you've been through just about everything with.

Great Seinfeld reference.  Love that show!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

As always in the morning, on my way out.  Catch up later.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

If you are hitting the stores, tt - happy hunting!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Nov, sounds like you have a great group to get together with. I love the menu "always pizza and salad" - no one has to slave over the stove for days and can enjoy the gathering as well. This way you can get together more often.
    We have a group of great friends, but if I would serve them pizza, they would think I fell off my rocker. They are all foodies and one menu has to over do the other. I would much rather go with the pizza crowd.

I am with the group, that suggest one cannot be too careful these days, to protects one's identity. My family don't even like I post on the Forums. Especially my computer boys. "There are hackers out there, Mom!" I know, there are chat groups getting together (have even been invited), but that is something I would never to attend. I have drawn a picture in my mind of all of you, and I like it that way.

Kar, I made your stuffed peppers yesterday, but with a twist. I read on the net, that someone wrapped them in Crescent dough, then baked them. Wow! That is all I have to say. They were so good, like Chili Rellenos - but not fried. Enjoy your trip out East.

tt, nice day to do errands. I am also going to run around today. Never got to pick up the script yesterday. Plus I need to get some staples in the house. You will probably be home before I get out. I am waiting for someone to come and pick up a package, DH left for him. And then of course, there is always laundry - Pingo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, I'm back already, Pingo.  Would have, could have done more, but my foot was bothering me.  Guess I was on it long enough.  Just time to throw a wash in, make a big salad and glass of iced tea, and settle in for my soap.  You're right tho, it's a lovely day for doing any errands.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Bg, Pumpsy, where are you?  You let us know you had had a horrendous week, but that you were going to post more - - - I never saw another post from you after that.  Please pop in and let us know you are OK.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just a little reminder asking each of you who wish to, to send up a prayer for my friend who underwent her 3rd back surgery yesterday.  These coming days will be the hardest for her.  She is a strong lady and will push, doing everything they tell her, so that she can get home as soon as possible.  She knows there will be a lot of pain involved with this one.  Thank you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nov, how much fun to have a themed pizza and salad night that rotates between homes!  What a great group.  I hope Jax is feeling better soon.

Pingo, you had a new dish, Peppers Wellington!  Sounds delectable, and I'll be sure to give it a try when our peppers are bigger.  Tell me more details in the Recipe section, please; I'm not used to using that type of dough.

tt, sorry your foot is giving you trouble, again.  How did the Dr. Schol's "custom" inserts work out?

Yes, BG, we are all hoping to hear from you soon; I was thinking of you today, too, but shamefully forgot to ask when I got here.

I'm off to do a few errands myself, and I'm going to glue a piece onto the computer that snapped so I'm not sure when I can open and close it again.  Awhile, I think.

Take care, all - it's getting threateningly dark here...

~kar

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Of course tt....  My prayers are with her and back surgery is just awful..  keep us updated on how she is doing ok?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: August 2011:
    [QUOTE]Of course tt....  My prayers are with her and back surgery is just awful..  keep us updated on how she is doing ok?
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

I hope to be able to.  Because of all the friction between my neighbor and her husband who is now living with his sister ("my friend"), they don't know that she and I speak on the phone regularly.  Complicated mess, but she didn't want them to think she was talking about their problems.  Last week she said she was going to casually mention to her brother that I had called asking how she was.  That's to pave the way so I can call in a day or two, speak with him, and get an update.  Sometimes people make life more complicated than it need be!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Ain't that the truth!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Sending prayer's for your friend's speedy recovery, tt.  Back surgery is a lot to go through. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm sending prayers for your friend as well tt.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Kargiver, you asked about the Dr. Scholl's inserts.  They didn't help at all, in fact seemed to throw my back off.  There is a money back guarantee with them, so I returned the code on the front of the pkg along with my receipt, and over the week-end received a refund check of $50.00.  Still have the inserts, but of course, am not using them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, thanks for the reminder to pray for your friend's surgery and recovery.  Will do.  (Why do people make things so difficult?  Life is too short for such losing games.)

Too bad about the inserts, but good that they stand behind them and refund the $50 - they were not cheap.  Maybe you'll find something that works better.  I happen to have bad hips so I'm very conscious of having well-made shoes.  Clarks is one of my favorite brands - have you tried them?  They are middle of the road price wise and make a wide range of styles from sneakers to boots, and they have retail stores in a lot of malls.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You probably don't remember previous posts where I talked about going to the foot doctor who sent me to the shoe store for SAS shoes.  That's what I have.  Comfortable, but that foot pain on the top of my foot has never really completely gone away.  Orthopedic surgeon had thought it was tendonitis and gave me cortisone shots, and foot doctor didn't really have a diagnosis except to tell me to get the Dr. Scholl's (which didn't help) and shoes with better support than my New Balance sneakers.  She taped it up a couple of times and I found that really helped, so that's what I did today.  Does help.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yes, I remember now, sorry.  I'm at a loss as to what could help on top of what you've tried.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, please count me in the prayer group for your friend. I may be next, the way my right hip has acted lately. I am hoping it will not get to that. Seems like the meds I am taking are doing their job. This afternoon I was all over the place - and no pain. I feel, I have gotten a new life. No pain - no cracking bones. But how long will that last? I am not a pill popper, and I don't want to be on narcotics forever. Besides after a while, they don't work anyway. Hoping this latest surgery will work for your friend.
    November, how is Jax doing this evening? There is nothing worse than a sick pet - they can't talk, they can't complain. I forgot to respond to your morning post ---I lurked for a long time before finally joining chat--- . I am happy, you joined us. You are a funny lady, who has a lot to offer.
    I left home to do my errands around noon, but got a call from DH. We need you here - something has to be typed. So, I turned around and couldn't leave my office until 4pm. But it was a GREAT time to do shopping. No one was around. Plenty of parking at Costco, all registers open. I was in and out of there in no time.
    You all have a nice evening - Pingo