August 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: August 2011

Pingo when was your mother's birthday?  My mom's is the 14th. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: August 2011:
    [QUOTE]Kar, your avatar changed for a few minutes. It was a dragon/horse (maybe a unicorn, now that I think of it)with a rainbow coming out of his mouth. It was there while I was typing, then went back to your normal one. - Pingo
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's funny! I missed it, but that one sounds better than the picture of an obscene gesture it was for a few seconds once...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Mom's b-day was the 29th. Guess we have a lot of January babies in our Chat family. - Pingo

[QUOTE]Pingo when was your mother's birthday?  My mom's is the 14th. 
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

When is your b-day next week Amber? We need to know. You may get a surprise. Right tt? - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

January seems to be popular.  Do we have any March birthdays?  My DH is the 5th.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My DH's is March 11.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just back from PT and "torture". My guy said, I am a lot more flexible, that others my age. Don't know, if that means very much. Believe me, I didn't feel very flexible today. Heard several bones cracking in this old body.
    I had asked for the same person, I had last year. He cut out a lot of dumb (I guess not in their ears) questions and got to the manipulations and exercises right away. Boy did some of them hurt. But he is good; he really knows, what he is doing. I am happy - that he was available.
    Now back full time on the exercise schedule. Added a few more. One of them is the bend over toe touch, which I need to do as many times as possible a day. I used to do it to release the pain, but he wants me to do them before the pain starts.
    So afterwards, I went to MB. And right there next to the peppers, Mrs. Pingo was doing her exercises (LOL). No one seemed to take notice. Great!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

looks like we all have a favorite Bread recipe....mine is pumpkin, believe it came from a Firemans Wife in CC. Used to only make it at Christmas time, now I have to do it all year round. My family,friends and neighbors look for it around the holidays.  I make stuffed mushrooms too, but no where near as complicated at MMs sound, I'm a quick and easy cook!!  I just wash em, cut off stems, chop up fine, chop a small onion up fine, crush up ritz crackers, mix all together, put butter in frying pan, add above, saute till done, if it looks dry, add a bit of water. When done cooking, fill mushrooms, put on cookie sheet, cook in oven at 350 for about 10 min.   Yum, Yum.....DD and I put them together, then we eat em, do give DH a few!! ss

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Anything with Ritz and butter as main ingredients is delish - it doesn't have to be complicated to be mouth watering!  There's a show on the Food Network I like called "5 Ingredient Fix" - all the recipes have 5 or fewer ingredients.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hello ladies,

I will be signing off soon and just want to wish everyone a wonderful weekend.  I would love to invite you all to my cookout at Winters place : )  Pingo, my birthday is the 17th.  All surprises welcome... LOL!  chat with everyone Tuesday!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Come on over Amber and Chat ladies.  Hope you have a nice birthday get together.  Everyone else have a wonderful weekend.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Been another busy day, but I think I have caught up on everything!

Hope I caught you before you leave Amber - have a wonderful celebration!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, have a great birthday!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hey Kar - I have a Feb bday (turned 40 this year, don't worry, it's not too bad,lol).  Anyway, as a kid, I was always jealous of my brother's July bday because he could have a pool party at our house.  Well, my parents suprised me for my 12th bday and rented out the pool at a hotel for me and all of my friends on my bday!   Perhaps you (or DH) can be creative and find somewhere to grill on your bday!Smile

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Love that story, prin-cal, how thoughtful of your mom, and what a great birthday surprise.  DH would be happy to grill outside all year since he's not phased by the cold in the slightest, but I'd be just as happy to braise a roast.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I am 7th Match. Again Chat family cluttering together :)

[QUOTE]January seems to be popular.  Do we have any March birthdays?  My DH is the 5th.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sure tt, you can come with me. But do ask your boys first, if it will be ok. Don't need some law officer to stand outside my door. - Pingo

[QUOTE]Can someone pick me up?  I don't drive out that way and not after dark either.  I'm assuming it's going to go into the evening.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

5 - 7(me) - 11 ---- all prime numbers. Prime of course - something special.  Not surprised. Get it? LOL

[QUOTE]My DH's is March 11.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

[QUOTE]looks like we all have a favorite Bread recipe....mine is pumpkin, believe it came from a Firemans Wife in CC. Used to only make it at Christmas time, now I have to do it all year round. My family,friends and neighbors look for it around the holidays.  I make stuffed mushrooms too, but no where near as complicated at MMs sound, I'm a quick and easy cook!!  I just wash em, cut off stems, chop up fine, chop a small onion up fine, crush up ritz crackers, mix all together, put butter in frying pan, add above, saute till done, if it looks dry, add a bit of water. When done cooking, fill mushrooms, put on cookie sheet, cook in oven at 350 for about 10 min.   Yum, Yum.....DD and I put them together, then we eat em, do give DH a few!! ss
    Posted by shakersilly2010[/QUOTE]

You know..I think "A Fireman's wife"was my Grandmother
    When she passed...we found a lot of Confidential Chat letters addressed to "A Fireman's Wife" and she was that...a wife of a Fireman. But I don't know for sure.

The story in our family goes like this...my Grandfather loved her....He approached her Father about having her hand in marriage....Her Mother and Father said,"Yes, She is a beauty, but you must know this...she can only make lemonade and fudge" My Grandfather didn't care...he earned his way to their respect and won her hand against many other suitors.

It makes sense that she would reach out to the Confidential Chat to hone her cooking skills, and I know she did...she became an excellent home cook...but I never knew her "nom" ...I do believe she was "A Fireman's Wife" from what we found after she passed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Icer, what a great and wonderful story. I remember fondly "Fireman's wife" from the time, the Chat was in print. So glad to know her grand daughter - Pingo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Bakers,
    I am up to my ears in cooking for tonight, but I wanted to mention the cute mini loaf  pans, that Christmas Shop advertise for $1 each in this week's flyer. I am going to pick up a few to keep for for holiday gifts. Bet they will go fast.
    Little warm out there; had to put on the A/C. But of course I have had the stove and oven going all morning. Started very early, so I didn't have to do it in the middle of the worst heat.
    Hope you all have a great day. - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Icer, I joined the CC in 2006, I think, and that was after your grandmother's time (I'm sure it was her from your details!), but I do remember Pingo commenting on her very positively.  So, I recognize her CC name fondly, too. :)

Pingo, great tip, thanks.  I'll be heading that way tomorrow; maybe I'll stop in.  DH lost his wedding ring a few months ago, and we decided to replace it while it's tax free.  

Speaking of my DH, I told him about the table.  He was the sweetie you all said he would be, and I cried anyway.  He appreciated my extreme effort to fix it even if it does still look like crp from certain angles (which I pointed out).

Had a funeral of a relative on his side that neither of us knew (his aunt's mother) today.  It was good to visit with the family I did know (not many).  Best of all, SIL and parents.  SIL and I had plans today to make a day trip to a RI beach today, darn it!  We never do that kind of thing, and bam, it was preempted.

So, instead of catching up with the garden today (after being gone all week) we were at a funeral.  That means tomorrow I'm on my own to do the shopping.  Just as well, I guess - he hates crowds, traffic...all things "city."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, all - hope everyone got to enjoy the beautiful sleeping weather with a great night's sleep.  Pingo?  tt?  No early posts so maybe that means good news.

I'm up as early as ever since we got Gracie.  She gets up around 6 like clock work, does her thing, and then is starving.

Maybe I'll try to sneak back to bed a few minutes with DH now that she's eaten...  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Looks like everyone are either snoozing or very busy. tt, are you ok? Haven't heard from you since Friday.
    Dinner party last night was a success. We sat outside enjoying the beautiful night with the full moon and and the meteor shower until the wee hours. But today I am tired and sore all over. Too much for my arthritis, I guess. Was on my feet all day, and somehow, that is not a good thing for me these days.
    And I have company coming this afternoon; just for tea/coffee. Made a quick blueberry galette (a pie crust w/o the pan) this morning. They are stopping by, but DH didn't invite them for dinner (bless him, guess he is learning that I can't do two days in a row - just about time). Anyway, they are just acquaintances - not really friends as such. They are planning to move to this area, and will be house shopping a good part of the day. So, I don't even know, when they will be here. Maybe they won't even show up.
    Amber, hope the rain will not ruin your grilling party today. It does look a little disturbing out there. Rained earlier here, but we did get a break, where we could sit outside and enjoy coffee and breakfast.
    Now back to empty the DW and pick up from yesterday - Pingo

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Kar, Thanks for the tip, I will check out the food network, anything with 5 ing. or less is right up my alley.ss    Rainy,cool and damp here, but DD just called me and she says its warm and sunny in the Weirs...2 DD and 3 Grands went for the day (I hope)..When DD called she mentioned that she had forgotten her boos and her voucher for Annies book store, told her I would go with her another time, just love those Annie shops for swapping books.ss