August 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Re: August 2011

Icer, I'm gonna date myself, but I joined the CC in 1958, right after my oldest DD was born, I met the editor (then) up at St. Margarets Hosp. (no longer there) and with all the letters they got, I happened to mention the kind of paper I used on my posts and that they were all typed and he knew right away who I was...amazing...sure to miss it.ss

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Hello Chatters..Thanks for all your kind words and thoughts about my Grandmother..I know for some of you...I am repeating myself...I always hope it does not ever come across as being obnoxious....Life here is like waves...it has ebbs and tides..tos and fros...yings and yangs if you would...sometimes ones needs to re-clarify their existance...or maybe I just feel that way.

S.S. I am sure I am running into you on a daily basis

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi Everybody -

Had a great time in the Berkshires.  Didn't overdo it and my foot feels fine - right now at least. I'm going to get into those Jimmy Choos in October if it kills me.

In addition to pingo and kar's DH, tt's birthday is in March.  Right around St. Patty's Day. March 18, I believe.  

icer, I have so many of your grandmother's recipes, clipped out of the Globe it's not funny.  I use her recipe for sugar cookies every Christmas.  Back in the day, she was a voracious contributor of recipes to the CC. She has been mentioned here many times, along with another longtime contributor, Irish Indian.  I'm surprised you never noticed, but glad you did now!

mothermitzi 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good rainy morning, Chatters. :)

Pingo, glad your party was a success, and I envy your view of the meteor shower.  They are awe inspriring, and to get to share them after a great meal with friends...perfect.  If I'm going to be standing a long time in the kitchen, I use a cushioned mat - it makes a big difference for my feet, legs, and back.  I got mine at Walmart, not very expensive.

SS, guess what?  Not only is the zucc bread recipe 5 stars with 200 reviews as I mentioned before, I was wrong about how many reviews it had.  It's got OVER 700 reviews!  I think it might be the most reviewed, highest rated recipe I've seen there.  Paula Deen's Zucchini Bread

mm, I bet in 2 months your break will be MUCH better (if you're good about letting it heal, hint hint), but if you need to you can always throw on a little tape pre-Jimmy Choo wearing.  You'll be fabulous!

tt, what's happening?

Amber, how was the party?

I bought Emeril's cookbook yesterday at WS (when I was in Framingham replacing DH's wedding ring), Farm to Fork, and as I was reading some of the recipes, DH was "Mmmmm'ing" and drooling right along with me.  There are lots of recipes we'll be able to use with our own produce as we move into Fall, especially.  The only "drawback" (if you could call it that) is that he has no worries about using heavy cream and other high calorie ingredients; I can only sub so much without ruining a dish.  He can even make lettuce bad for you in his lettuce soup!  But, it does sound delicious.

I hope I didn't forget to ask about or mention anything important going on with you guys...

Well, I have a doc's appointment this morning so must get ready and go. 

Have a great day, everyone,
    ~kar 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Rain is good - especially if it doesn't ruin your weekend. We do need some.
    Hope everyone had a successful weekend, just as they planned it. Hope to get some "reports".
    mm, glad you had a great trip to the Berkshires, and that your foot behaved (or maybe the other way around, YOU behaved w/ the foot). Had to google "Jimmy Choo". At first I thought, it was some made-to-order-clunkers. Well clunkers maybe, but not made to order. LOL
    Yes mm, tt's b-day is on the 18th. I didn't forget about it, but 18 is not a prime number. Besides, you know how low key she is. Come March she will have plenty of good wishes.
    Have to go for blood work this morning, then to PT and finally to the office.
    Hope you all will enjoy the day despite the rain - Pingo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  It sounds like everyone had a lovely weekend.  We did too.  Friend's party by the pool was lovely, everyone enjoyed the pool.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

pingo -

Some of his shoes are "clunky" as you say, but the ones I chose are called Isabel and have a 2 1/2 inch heel.  Much more sensible for me.  Some of his shoes are outrageous in design and price.  

Love the cool weather and we need the rain.  However, I'd like it to warm up a bit again.  Hate the thought that summer is waning.

mothermitzi 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,
    Glad to hear you made out alright over the week-end with your foot, mothermitzi.  I'm sure it will heal fine.

Pancake (or griddle cake, as my mother used to call them) morning.  Haven't had any since Fall, and boy, did they taste good - light and fluffy.

Busy Saturday, and then Sunday GD was over bright and early at 10 to start on the sugar cookies.  Always wants the same when it comes lunchtime, pasta and butter.  She says she knows why my pasta always tastes the best, it's because I have a gas stove and it cooks it better!  This wisdom from a 7 year old!  After a couple of games of WAR and indoor bowling, and her drawing a new pic on my kitchen blackboard ( decided a butterfly, ladybug, and a bumblebee were appropriate for this time of year), called her Mom to pick her up around 1:30.  Went home with a container full of the cookies she decorated and another of choc chip I had made for bro.  He wouldn't touch them if I had put them in the same container and some of her colored sugars got on them!

Watching for a let up in rain this morning to run out a bit.  Birds are eating me out of house and home - 6 cups per day.  Don't know where all the sparrows are coming from - miles around, I suspect.

Winter, glad to hear your friend's birthday celebration was a pool party hit.

P.S.  Just heard from G.T., and they were up Lake Winnie this week-end too, SS.  They spend most  of their time in friend's boat on the Lake, but did mention driving over to Ossipee to another friend's summer home yesterday.  He did say it's their last time out on the Lake in friend's boat this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

tt' too bad the girls didn't know GT was at the Weirs, I'm sure they would have tried to find him.  They got home last night at 11PM....had a terrific day, and then it started to rain which made up their minds not to stay over!! 
    Icer, I'm sure since we live in the same area, we do see each other, with out realizing it....I'm forever in Trucchis, especially if they have a good sale and I have good coupons!! Have a good day all, regardless of the rain. ss
    PS: Anyone ever seen the South Shore Medium??  Awesome!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: August 2011:
    [QUOTE]tt' too bad the girls didn't know GT was at the Weirs, I'm sure they would have tried to find him.  They got home last night at 11PM....had a terrific day, and then it started to rain which made up their minds not to stay over!!  Icer, I'm sure since we live in the same area, we do see each other, with out realizing it....I'm forever in Trucchis, especially if they have a good sale and I have good coupons!! Have a good day all, regardless of the rain. ss PS: Anyone ever seen the South Shore Medium??  Awesome!!
    Posted by shakersilly2010[/QUOTE]

They go up on a Friday after work and spend the week-end on the friend's boat (even sleeping), except to dock now and then.  Sunday's they like to leave for home close to noon - so I doubt they would have been able to connect.  Glad the girls and the kids had a good time - how can you not at Weirs?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Pingo, Thanks for the tip, I'm going to head for the Christmas Tree shop and get some little bread pans, I usually use the aluminum foil pans, wrap them in aluminum foil, add a ribbon and tag and they look real festive....but there are a number of folks who are special, so they will get a ceramic pan....I saw them in the flyer and then forgot, so thanks for the reminder.  I also want to try and find a nice plastic tablecloth that I can cut and use to re-cover the seats on my yard swing....went to Michaels but no luck.ss

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]Bakers, I am up to my ears in cooking for tonight, but I wanted to mention the cute mini loaf  pans, that Christmas Shop advertise for $1 each in this week's flyer. I am going to pick up a few to keep for for holiday gifts. Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

Mini loaf pans for a buck, huh? Sounds like youre planning on splurging with the Xmas gifts this year, pingo. You sure that's a wise thing to be doing in this down economy?

Best wishes

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Yeah, Ache - times are tough these days. Had to spend the "dough" on a new refrigerator/freezer. Remember? - Pingo

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 2011 : Mini loaf pans for a buck, huh? Sounds like youre planning on splurging with the Xmas gifts this year, pingo. You sure that's a wise thing to be doing in this down economy? Best wishes
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, Ache - times are tough these days. Had to spend the "dough" on a new refrigerator/freezer. Remember? - Pingo In Response to Re: August 2011 :
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

Oooh, nice self-deprecating humor, Pingo!  

Good morning, all.  

I bought DH's wedding ring replacement Sunday, and it will be ready for pickup in 2 weeks.  His 30 lb weight loss since 2008 saved us quite a bit given how expensive gold is, now - he needed a 1/2 size smaller.  Hm, maybe that's how he lost the original...

Well, the garden sure is soaked, now!  Gracie is outside enjoying sniffing around post-rain.  I even pulled out her nifty raincoat yesterday even though it's not her favorite attire.

More later, Chatters,
    ~kar

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Second day in a row my son had to wear jeans to camp. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all,
    Damp day again. I know, Winter - I was frozen at my office yesterday, will make sure to wear a long sleeved sweater today. Tomorrow is going to be a much better day.
    Nothing exciting happening around here today. Chat later - Pingo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Not much happening here, either.  General cleaning, another batch of zucc bread, and maybe I'll prep stuffed zucc for tomorrow night's dinner.  DH will be home too late from work tonight for dinner. :(  Gracie is napping, and I'm still in my PJs...a lazy morning, indeed, here in the kargiver household.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Amber, I'm on my way out, but hope when I get back (in time for Y&R, of course!) there'll be a nice long post from you complete with pics of the pets, and details about your birthday party.  We've missed you - boards very quiet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Defnitely, Amber, we're looking for birthday photos! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

Just caught up on emails and some work that was left for me.  I had so much fun Sunday.  My solar umbrella is really big, so even though it would rain a little we didn't get wet.  I didn't have a drop of food left and it was a huge success : )  No pictures though, we totally forget about that.  I am very tired today as my party started at 1:00 and didn't end until 12:30 and I spent yesterday puttering around and doing some cleaning.  But I don't have parties often, so well worth it.  I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Amber, glad your party was such a success. But why wouldn't it be? You had planned and prepared so much for it. It is nice you could keep it outside, even though it rained. We had a party like that a few weeks ago, where it started pouring - not just a little. But our Sunsetter covered us all. The kids decided "it's like going camping".
    Understandable you must be tired, still today. It always takes a few days for me to get back to normal after a long day like that.
    Thanks for posting and sharing - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thank goodness for the umbrella.  Like Pingo said, no surprise your party was a huge success - you put so much love and work into it.  Glad it went as planned despite the rain!  Sorry to hear there are no pictures, but I'm often guilty of bringing and not picking up the camera...too busy partying. :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I felt bad yesterday when i realized we forgot and DD did too.  But you are right Kar, we really were having a lot of fun and I was busy grilling, so never crossed my mind. We didn't get any downpours, just occassional light rain, so it was nice.  We had the umbrella lights on and it was so nice and cozy : )

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Helloooooo friends!!  Haven't forgotten about you, just been crazy at work - covering for co-workers' vacations.  Don't read it as a complaint - they did it for me.

You girls were busy this weekend!  Glad your party was a success Amber. 

As for us, we had my nephew's bday party (he's also the 17th Amber), then headed up to Maine to visit with friends.  Technically they are family being DH's cousin and his wife, but truly they are friends.  They were our BM and MOH.  They have 2 year old twins and a 3 month old, now and we all had a blast!  Her DH, my DS and I also took the dogs to the beach early Sunday AM and let them run and play in the surf.  I think it was so great that the beach allows dogs on off-hours.  I didn't think we'd be able to take puppy there at all.

We got home late though, so I spent last night doing laundry, then went grocery shopping at 10 PM!  Thought I'd be the only one there, but it was actually kind of busy.  Who knew people could be so productive late at night!  I'm usuallly falling asleep by 10.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, Nov!  Isn't it great when family members are your friends, too?!  I feel that way about my SIL. 

I remember the first time I stayed up very late.  I was 9, and my mom had taken me to the drive-in (to see 101 Dalmations and Superman), and it was about midnight when we were driving home.  I was absolutely stunned to see so many people out and about hours past what I had assumed was everyone's bedtime.  LOL!