August 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: August 2011

Winter, are you back?  Tell us about your week-end.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, on the blogs it is saying that Alex and the new girl Cindy are not coming back next year.  I can't stand Luanne and I was so happy I didn't have to hear the word "countess" this season.  Did you see when Ramona alluded to the fact that Luanne cheated on her husband?  I believe that marriage was a sham to begin with, she married the title. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

She did allude to a possible marriage with Jacques, and said Jacques, she and the girls are flying to Rome the end of the month to all have dinner with "the Count".  I don't think you can put any stock in anything Ramona says.  When they were questionning her about her possible drinking problem last night, she constantly countered with the same accusation against Jill, saying Jill had had a drinking problem and had gone to AA - Jill was furious and said she had never had a drinking problem, had attended AA with a friend, and lastly, if it had been true that she was going for herself, how dare Ramona break the very first rule and guarantee of AA that you don't "out" anyone.

I would not be surprised if Cindy did not come back either.  She's sort of a fifth wheel.  Alex and Simon I would definitely not miss.  She was actually snorting with rage last night trying to make a point.  I bet she's very sorry she exposed her family dynamics to the public by being on that show.  Wonder how much they get paid.  Wouldn't be worth all the tea in China to me to do a show like that, and my family dysfuntions are nothing compared to those.  We all lead pretty tame lives compared to those goings on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  I've caught up now and it looks like everyone had a great weekend.
    Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park were lovely.  On the way there we stopped in Thomaston and the Maine inmates woodworking shop.  What a great place and the items they make are just beautiful.  We got a lovely cutting board, but there were some other stuff there that would have been great, however, too big for the car and they can't ship out of state.  We stayed at a lovely B&B around the corner from Main Street.  We took a carriage tour though the stone bridges that Rockefeller has built, it was lovely.  We also had tea at Jordan's Pond House were they have amazing popovers. 

We got there Saturday before check in so we had lunch at a place downtown called Geddy's, the burgers were great.  Saturday night we went to The Chart Room and had a lovely meal outside.  I had the Baked Stuffed Haddock and DH had the scallops both were great, but his scallops were better then my meal.  For dessert we had the Strawberry Shortcake and that was wonderful.
    Sunday night we had dinner at Galyns and I had lazyman lobster with was superb and DH had prime rib was also was good. 

On the way back we stopped in Freeport at the outlets.  I have some pictures but have to get them ready but here is one I took for all you Whoopie Pie Fans.  This pie is $8.  If it taste anything like the regular size one it's well worth the money.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What a great trip, Winter!  I've been to the Thomaston Prison workshop many times; they do amazing work.  We had a cabin near there a long time ago.  I enjoyed your meals vicariously and a whoopie pie, thank you very much.  :)  We've been thinking of you enviously!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sounds like you packed the most into your 3 days, Winter.  Hope the weather there was as good as here.  My whoopie pies are "all gone", so that pic you posted looks mighty good!  Saw your rose pic on the gardening thread, what a great picture.  Glad you had such a good (and good eating!) week-end.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Whoopie Winter!  Sounds like a great getaway - both relaxing and romantic.  I'm a sucker for a carriage ride.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Winter your long weekend sounds amazing!!  Good to have you back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks everyone...Novem, the carraige ride was a tour so we had 12 other people with us, but it was still a romantic weekend.  We are still newlyweds Wink
    The Whoopie pie was good.  Dh had an original one and I opted for a mint flavored ake one with the regualr filling.
    I also got a new outfit at the Jones NY outlet.  I don't need to dress up for work, but I will be getting a service award in October and wanted something new. :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Welcome back Winter, sounds like you had an amazing weekend. Glad you enjoyed BH so much.
    We took that tour under the stone bridges several times on bikes. Had no I dea, that Rockefeller built them. I guess, that is what one miss by not taking a guided tour. Happy to know, you made it to Jordan Pond's tea house. The new place is not as romantic as the old tea house. It had a tatched (sp?)  roof and Holyoke growing up the walls - plus tons of roses. Unfortunately it burned down several years ago. But the surroundings are the same. and their scones and popovers are phenomenal.
    Good to have you back - Pingo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

thatched. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It was nice Pingo.  They even do lunch and dinner, though you can't sit outside after 6.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks! :)

In Response to Re: August 2011:
    thatched. :)
    Posted by kargiver

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just a reminder to everyone. This coming weekend is tax-free weekend - up to $2,500 - in Massachusetts. - Pingo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hi Pingo, I think the Tax Free weekend is next weekend the 13-14th. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

DOG DIARY

8:00 AM
    - Dog food! My favorite thing!
    9:30 AM - A car ride! My favorite thing!
    9:40 AM - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
    10:30 AM - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
    12:00 PM - Lunch! My favorite thing!
    1:00 PM - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
    3:00 PM - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
    5:00 PM - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
    7:00 PM - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
    8:00 PM - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
    11:00 PM - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

CAT DIARY

Day 983 of my captivity!

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape.

In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a 'good little hunter' I am. The sickos!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of 'allergies'. I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow - but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He obviously has issues.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, Amber, I love that.  I know the first time I read it I laughed til tears ran down my face.  Can't you just picture one of your cats or mine narrating that?

I came in to see if I google Y&R if I can see today's episode yet.  Channel 4 has the President on re passing of the bill, but the fact that it passed is all I really need to know - give me my soap!  It started out with Diane still floating in the pond, Adam trying to clean off  his muddy shoes, Ashley complaining her watch had stopped and Tucker finding it had water in it - on and on I'm sure it was going to go with each one of them, so we'd really be in the dark as to who dunnit!  Going over to google now and see what I can see.

ETA:   Rats - all it shows is a preview which is Murphy pulling Diane out of the water and calling police to say she is dead.  And still the network is chatting away, no president yet - I could be seeing 20 minutes of my soap!  Break when he's there ready to speak!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

My DD sent that to me and I laughed just as hard : )  And yes, i very much can see our cats writing that.  Happy you enjoyed Laughing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks for correcting me,Winter. Was a bit ahead of myself. Hope no one was planning a big shopping spree this weekend (like I was).- Pingo

In Response to Re: August 2011:
    Hi Pingo, I think the Tax Free weekend is next weekend the 13-14th. 
    Posted by Winter2011Bride

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I love that dog/cat contrast joke, ambergirl, and read and enjoy the whole thing every time I see it.  The dog narrative certainly is Gracie!  

The scale came today, and, gasp, ours is more off than I thought.  But, I like it nonetheless. LOL   It was easy to set up and gives the same reading every time I step on it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Amber too Kar!  Glad your scale came and you and DH are so good about your health. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Here is my lazyman lobster dinner. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Winter, there is a word for what you just did......  torture!!  LOL!  Looks incredible!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Ambergirl!  We are looking forward to growing old together and being fit and able to enjoy it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OMG, Winter, that looks divine!!!!  More pics?

Sections
Shortcuts