August 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: August 2011

If I recall correctly Pingo's place of business is not T accessable? 

ETA:  I think I like knowing her here :) 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: August 2011:
    [QUOTE]If I recall correctly Pingo's place of business is not T accessable?  ETA:  I think I like knowing her here :) 
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

I apologize, Amber.  I spoke out of turn and should have kept my thought to myself.  Sorry.

ETA:  I'm going to hobble into the kitchen to make a salad and then sit myself down in front of TV, waiting for Y&R.  Had a surprise drop in quickie visit from Nanny friend - must be those hovering angels who are working their little good deeds unseen!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thank you Winter, I have thought about that option. But I found, that in general - the "late" shipping only takes 2 -3 days anyway.  I have never waited more that a week for an item. When I order from them, it is usual a bunch of things, I have waited for anyway - so what does a few days matter? Why pay $79 for something I really don't need right now.
    But of course, it is a great option if you are in dire need to get something.
    Right now I have a couple of books on my waiting list. Need another $4 to have free shipping. Anyone recommend me a book? - Pingo

[QUOTE]Pingo, if you use Amazon all the time, the Prime plan may be a good option for you.  It is $79 to join, but you get free two-day shipping no matter how much you spend if the item is from Amazon.  It has been worth it for me.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

no apology needed tt!  It was very thoughtful :) 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

How adorable is this baby elephant born at Disney's Animal Kingdom!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Actually our office is very accessibly. Right on the main drag. Commuter train and busses (and a 3 - 4 minutes walk). But from being burnt enough times, we don't hire family or friends any more. Had to learn the hard way. That wold be another full chapter in "my book". - Pingo

PS. Now thinking of it, maybe I should actually start writing a book. tt, would definitely be a great co-writer. She is an awesome author. Just take a look at the Turkey Thread. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That makes sense Pingo and for the same reason, I no longer recommend friends or family if a company I work for is hiring. I have gotten burned and looked like a fool a couple of times. Besides, I wouldn't be able to call you anything but Pingo! LOL! 

tt, can write like nobody's business!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh Amber, so cute!
    Our son wants to take us to Disney before he leaves his post doc job at Disney Research in January. And he wants us to stay at the Animal Kingdom this time. I am just waiting for my hip to behave enough, so I can enjoy the walking/waiting in lines. Now there is another attraction. - Pingo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Amber, thx - I <3 baby elephants - something about them being so little and wrinkly! 

I would definitely read a Pingo-tales book co-authored by tt!  And, you could start each chapter with a witty quote from Amber.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I got it because I was tired of having to get to the $25 for free shipping.  We use it pretty frequently and I've found myself using it more and saving more money.  I usually get it faster then 2 days. 

What genre of books do you like?  I'm a fan of Nelson DeMille and I've recently read two Ken Follet books, Code to Zero and Eye of the Needle and they were fantastic...espionage, spy type on both of these.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Nov, now I have another co-author. Amber's notes are so "sticking" (sorry, can't think of a better word) - love them all. Ache can do the copy writing. His talent is in the spoken work, sophisticated and intelligent.
    Where is your talent? Can you design the front page maybe?
    And winter, maybe you could be our marketing director.
    Now, we just need an investor - let's our kids open a Lemonade Stand. Oh no, better not. Those Children's Rights advocates will come after us.
    Already have the first chapter in mind. "How to catch turkeys w/o even trying". How does that sounds? - Pingo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I hope G.T. isn't scanning through this - he's always after me to write a book - can you guess who he wants me to base the characters on?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

LOVE Ken Follett. Think I will go for the Eye of the Needle. Will just add up my sum for free shipping. Did you read his "The Pillars of the Earth"? - Pingo
    [QUOTE]I got it because I was tired of having to get to the $25 for free shipping.  We use it pretty frequently and I've found myself using it more and saving more money.  I usually get it faster then 2 days.  What genre of books do you like?  I'm a fan of Nelson DeMille and I've recently read two Ken Follet books, Code to Zero and Eye of the Needle and they were fantastic...espionage, spy type on both of these.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Cheerio - of course.
    I said it first - Pingo

[QUOTE]I hope G.T. isn't scanning through this - he's always after me to write a book - can you guess who he wants me to base the characters on?
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Where is your talent? Can you design the front page maybe?

Only if you want stick figures or flowers. LOL!

I'll make sure our royalty contract is in order so that no one can take use for all the millions we are going to make.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Cheerio - of course. 
    I said it first - Pingo

Nooooooooo -- guess again -

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I say you tt : )

ETA: November just became a very valuable team player.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Love sick figures and flowers. Anyone can read those. Right? You are on. - Pingo
    Ps. Thanks for the offer in regard to the Royalties. importan subject, I missed.

[QUOTE]Where is your talent? Can you design the front page maybe? Only if you want stick figures or flowers. LOL! I'll make sure our royalty contract is in order so that no one can take use for all the millions we are going to make.
    Posted by Novembride[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OMG - not Cheerio? Can't think of another one. Maybe you need to write two books. - Pingo
    [QUOTE]Cheerio - of course.  I said it first - Pingo Nooooooooo -- guess again -
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I hope G.T. isn't scanning through this - he's always after me to write a book - can you guess who he wants me to base the characters on?"

The key word is "characters"  --

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OMG - here I took a day off  to do some serious "maintenance" at my home. And here I am chatting up a storm with my supposedly working friends. LOL
    But I love you all. Good therapy for me to get off the numbers and the books. Glad you are all here to listen to my nonsense.
    Now, becoming serious. Have to get out and do some grocery shopping. Not for Irene, just for us.
    You all have a wonderful afternoon, what ever is left. And please stay safe during the storm. Hope to see you ALL back Monday - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Ok, I am going to say Cheerio and Charlie or your sons

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

In case I missed you Pingo, the same wishes for you : )

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Wait!!  Just realized it probably is about US!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

YES!  I was just going to post the following:

"OMG!  Now I will start a book in earnest, the first chapter being this conversation!"