August 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: August 2011

I'll have to email them to work and I can post some tomorrow. Yes I couldn't help myself I had a piece of lobster before I took the picture :) 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMG - look at all that lobster meat!  I stop in C&C and treat myself to ONE tail!  Now I'm going to have to get some this week.  I've been thinking lobster for the last week - no maybe longer.  Stopped in there over a week ago but they didn't have any cooked meat.  This week for sure.  Have to make sure I have my blood drawn before that lobster/butter feast.

Hope you can post more pics tomorrow.  It's been years and years since I've been to Arcadia.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

SIL's family just had lobsters last weekend.  I might surprise DH when his fast is over with a couple more...I'm drooling!!!  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter,
    that dinner looks just wonderful. We had lobster a few times, but I am sure they were not as fresh as this one. Makes me want to go up there. - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt,
    just came back from our haunts. Target, Job Lot, Trader Joes and finally Hannaford. Did you see me?  Didn't find, what I was looking for at Job Lot, but I made some amazing buys. Bought 8 new place mats for $1.50 each, and just the color I wanted. The last ones I paid $7.50 for each at BB&B. A couple of sets of new kitchen towels, a couple of cans of honey roasted peanuts, a pack of WOW cloths for 1.50 (they charge 19.99 on TV) plus a few smaller items. All this for less than $20. But then of course I blew it all going to TJ's.
    Now have to make rolls for our supper. Been cooking veggie soup all morning.
    - Pingo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Road trip!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Amber,
    that cat/dog story was really funny. had a good laugh. Can you see and smell the Panda licorice box next to me as I am typing? Taste really good to. One of my splurging moments at TJ's - Pingo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Nope, I was out all morning, but didn't get much of anything done this afternoon.  I've never checked out Job Lots' place mats, dish towels, etc.  Thanks for putting the bug in my ear, I'll definitely wander down those aisles next time I'm there.  You didn't blow it at T. J.'s, you just had a terrific buy at Job Lots!  Love a day like that when you find a lot of little things.  Yesterday was my day for that at the Dollar Tree.  8 items for $8.

My supper was baked beans (one of my $1 items yesterday), cheese, and a couple of slices of meatloaf I had in the freezer.  Jello (another $1 item) will come a little later.  Enjoy your homemade soup and rolls.

P.S.  I've been waiting all day for you to thank me for squelching Ache's plans to host another Pingo Appreciation Day (see gardening thread).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Pingo, I keep forgetting about ordering that!  I must do that next week when I have some splurge money : )  I know I will love it.  Boy you girls are mean today, first lobster and now Panda licorice!  LOL!  Heading home and of course it is raining.. Murphy's law every time.  Have a wonderful evening everyone and chat tomorrow.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I don't even really like lobster and that looked delish, Winter!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt,  watched the second half of RHNY reunion.  I wanted to take a shower after...  surprisingly the only one who wasn't hitting below the belt and acting like a 2 year old was Sonja.  The others were just awful.  It was like high school again.  On a brighter note, love the cooler weather! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  To all the teapot collectors, I try to find one at places I've visited.  Had no luck in Hawaii much to my dismay.  So I looked in Maine and was about to give up when I found a white pot with blueberries on it...and it was made in Maine.  I don't have a picture yet, but when I unwrap it I will take one.  Here are some pictures.

The B&B we stayed at.  It's actually the oldest Inn in Bar Harbor and owned by the original owner's grandson.

Sand Beach - way to cold for me they say it's about 60 degrees.

One of three stone bridges with 3 arches.  On the Carriage Tour we saw the 
    another one.

Thunder Hole

Views from Cadillac Mountain

View of the Barbor from the doks at the edge of town.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Beautiful pictures Winter.  Wish I was there : )  Love the bed and breakfast especially.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Wow!  Postcard pics, Winter.  Gorgeous.  I'd forgotten the bridges.  Beautiful B&B you stayed at.  And, of course, anything depicting Maine would be blueberries - dying to see the teapot.  It was almost like a second mini honeymoon, huh?  Glad you had the chance to get away.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Thanks for sharing your pics Winter.  They are beautiful.  Can't wait to see the teapot! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: August 2011:
    [QUOTE]tt,  watched the second half of RHNY reunion.  I wanted to take a shower after...  surprisingly the only one who wasn't hitting below the belt and acting like a 2 year old was Sonja.  The others were just awful.  It was like high school again.  On a brighter note, love the cooler weather! 
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Had early morning blood drawn, took myself out to breakfast at Artie's Diner afterwards, and just got back in.  It's almost like the beginning of Fall - such a change in temp.

I was disappointed that at the end of the reunion they didn't do a little blurb about each one, as they usually do.  Probably don't want to give too much away - probably next season:  Luanne will have married Jacques (after getting the Count's blessing); Ramona and Mario will be in a trial separation with her trying to forgive him; Sonja will have a new man in her life who just happens to be another millionaire; Jill will still be working on herself and will proclaim she is a "different person" - yet again; Kelly will be continuing her modeling career, and will be making appearances on talk shows about "staying calm";  Cindy will have decided she and the twins don't want to be further exposed to the publicity the show results in and will have dropped out; and Alex, oh yes, Alex and Simon will decide the Hamptons and all who live there are just not the next rung they want to climb in their social ladder climbing, and will drop out, looking for new "ladders" to climb. 
    (Remember - - You heard it here first!)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, that was the best ever!!!   I am sitting here cracking up!!  But you are right on the money!  Sealed

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, thanks for the photos. They capture BH very nicely. Now you are "killing" me. Want to go up there. Labor day maybe, when the boys come home? Will see
    - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I've been waiting all day for you to thank me for squelching Ache's plans to host another Pingo Appreciation Day (see gardening thread).

tt, I saw that. And I thank you. I have been trying to be neutral in regard to the PAD. Just don't want to give the instigator more to run with. And you are so right. More attention would definitely not please me. - Pingo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's so comfortable today, planning on doing things around the house I would not normally do in the heat.  Thought I would wash the kitchen/hall floors, brought bucket up out of cellar and then the sun went in.  Started another project, and the sun came out again.  Returned to the bucket and put the mop and some detergent in the bucket, and all of a sudden the breeze coming in the windows is cooler still and damp.  For fear that it's too damp for it to dry, now leaning towards spot cleaning with some Clorox wipes.  Those are my big dilemmas today - what to have for lunch certainly isn't - had Swedish pancakes with blueberries for breakfast at the diner and that was really filling.  Supper will be another story, have to take something out of the freezer.  What's everyone else cooking up?  I'm too full right now to think of anything I want.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Boredom is setting in - reduced to snapping pics of chipmunk bringing sunflower seeds in his pouch to the back stairs, then cracking them open and eating them -
    Think I'd better wash the floors!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Love the pic tt.   I can always give you my address and you can clean my floors if you are bored : )

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: August 2011:
    [QUOTE]Love the pic tt.   I can always give you my address and you can clean my floors if you are bored : )
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer, Amber, but I think I'm bored looking for conversation!  There's plenty I could do around this house, and since the sun has once more decided to come out, think I'll get the floors washed before the Y&R comes on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Cute picture, tt. We have plenty of chipmunks, but the neighbor's cat catches them (hiding under a scrub underneath the feeder) - and bring them home to his master. Have seen him carrying them in his mouth crossing the lawn all the way to next door. I wonder how many gifts, they get over there - I am not telling, from where they come. - Pingo

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Cute picture tt.  I had the pleasure of seeing one of "our" groundhogs yesterday...they certaintly are not cute.

Sections
Shortcuts