August 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Re: August 2011

Hello to all my feline and canine and bird c.c. pals. b.g, DH, and D.D put me in a crate. They put me into a place I'VE NEVER BEEN. Ok, long story short, I escaped. Apparently that was worrisome to hotel staff,(although they found it funny) There I was, stuck in the middle of a hallway, and bg LAUGHING! So humiliating! Stitches

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Bg, when you posted as Stitches, it came through on your real avatar!  Now we know why you've been relegated to Pumpsygreen all these months, Stitches has stolen your identity!  Wait til Cheerio, Tigger and Boo get ahold of this news!  Hope it doesn't give them any ideas!

ETA:  Yeah, see, only a couple of minutes later and Cheerio wants to know how Stitches did that.  Says very coyly, "Have Stitches drop me a line" - - I think not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hello All.  Well, believe it or not we went to BJs last night and it wasn't too bad.  However, when we got to the checkout (with $380 worth of stuff) their system went down! Anyway, we only had to wait about 10 mins and they got it back up.  It would have been terrible if we had to leave without our stuff.

Then I had to go to S&S to go shopping for my mom this morning.  That wasn't all that bad either.  It was busy, but everyone was in a cheery mood and chit chatting with each other (I love a small town) so it was nice.

Now, to do some chores around the house, and then go visit with mom.  Then I'm off to dinner with my gfs.  We're going to a mexican place in Billerica - never heard of it but it will be nice to go somewhere different.

Have a nice day everyone!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, good news, the fate of the cats has been sealed with a happy outcome. Arrangements had been made to bring them back to the shelter, but G.T. gave it one last shot and bought lumber and screening to make a gate to put across the landing on the staircase.  I'm sure knowing him, it's executed beautifully, he's probably stained the wood etc.  Anyway, the cats make no attempt to jump it, probably because the other side is stairs with no even place for them to land.  They have the whole run of the 2nd and 3rd floors, but as he said, it is more the downstairs new furniture and furnishings that he didn't want ruined.  When they are home and can keep an eye on them, they take the gate down, otherwise the cats seem perfectly happy with their own "flat".  He and partner use the servants back stairs that has a door at the top, to go up and down.  I'm so glad for him, I knew it was a heart wrenching decision he was having to make.  A good news day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Have been working since early am at the office to get ahead of Irene and just came back after a quick lunch. Everything is still so calm out there, that it is  hard to believe we are expecting a hurricane. We are trying to get as much done as we can this afternoon, then bring home stuff for tmw. - even though how much work will be done depends on if we have electricity or not. But it is more likely, we will loose power at our office, then at home. Reading is always bad in a storm.
    I read the wonderful news, tt. Glad to hear GT had change of heart. Hopefully the kitties will outgrow their mischief as they get older. Just too bad, they didn't think of the gate earlier - so they didn't have to loose some of their collections.
    Have to get back to work - just wanted to check in and say, "Hi!"
    Hope all my Chat friends will be safe and dry come Monday. We may not be able to use our computers much tmw. as we are planning to shut everything down during the height of the storm - not to loose valuable information.
    Take care everyone - Pingo

ETA: tt, are we getting Norma and Desmond back?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

2:37, Pingo, just 2 minutes after your post, and it's pouring here, thunder in the background.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I know,tt. I barely sent off my post and it turned totally dark and the rain came down in sheets. No thunder here - yet. Stay safe - Pingo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

ETA: tt, are we getting Norma and Desmond back?

Thought this one of Desmond peeking down the stairs was more appropriate now, since G.T. said that's what they do, sit up there and look down!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Hi everyone, hope all is well.t.t., I love your avatar Desmond is precious! I'm a little nervous about losing power here. The front desk lady said they don't have a backup generator, but hall lights are battery operated. The t.v's, and lights flicker every now and then. I'm so surprized that I'm bg again! Hmm, maybe you're right about stitces t.t.LOL bg

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good late afternoon,
    Good to hear from you BG. - It must be terrible to be at a hotel on a day like this. At least at home, there are things one can do, even though we are all more or less captives of this Irene. I took the opportunity to clean out my kitchen cabinets, that have been bothering me for a while. It is not long ago I went through them - but since I cook 3 meals almost everyday (and don't have the entire day to do it) they get so out-of-order so quickly. I was standing there admiring my "job" and DH piped, "Now what? Does this mean you are not going to cook anymore, so you don't get them disorganized again?" I know, he was just kidding. He would gladly take me out, but I have to say, I do love my own cooking the best. And who wants to venture out in this weather anyway.
    No traffic on the Chat all day - hope you all are safe. Worried a bit about Kar. They took quite a pelting out there. It does look like it has quiet down a bit, but according to the weather people, it is not over until later tonight.
    tt, loved your picture of Desmond peeking down the stairs - so cute. But I am still missing Norma. Since we haven't heard from you all day, I hope you are not down in your cellar bailing water out with your bad knee. I am sure this weather is not doing your knee any good.
    Going to start dinner. Making a homey noodle casserole. Ground beef, onions, can of diced tomatoes mixed with cream cheese and cooked noodles - then baked. Great in a weather like this. I am grateful, we are not one of the poor families, that lost power. Well, of course the evening is not over yet. But so far so good.
    You all take care. Looking forward to hear from all of you. - Pingo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yahoo!  I'm back!  Lost my Comcast phone, TV and computer at 10:30 this morning.  All just came back on now.  Wish I had thought of something practical to do today, Pingo, instead I opened up a puzzle I had got at Christmas, worked on that, crossword puzzles, and did some reading of the book for the discussion group.  Cheerio and I just let out a large "Yahoo" when I saw all the lights on my computer box lit - knew that meant I had Comcast back.  Now the TV is going and we can hear some other voices besides out own!  Luckily, didn't lose power.  Was just thinking, I could have done some ironing today.  Oh well, Cheerio and I enjoyed the puzzle.  I snapped a pic of her looking for end pieces - I'll copy it on the computer and if it came out decent will post it below.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Bg, I wonder if it makes a difference which server you are using when you post.  Do you use a different one when you're posting from home than at work?  Maybe that's why you're BG this week-end.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Aha! tt - you are one smart cookie. Could be, BG is using the hotel computer, where she is staying until her condo is finished.

I used to love to do puzzles. Haven't done one in several years. The last one I did was in the hospital's waiting room, when my BIL had a valve replaced in his heart. One can do a lot of puzzle in 7 hours, as you must have experienced today.
    Well, you sound like in a good mood, so hopefully your cellar is not a disaster. Just watched the evening news - they had an awful lot of rain out Kar's way. Hope they are ok. Also, I believe GT lives out that way. Hope they are ok too.
    Was on my way to bed. Was up very early this morning. The hauling winds would not let me sleep. DH had the TV on all day. I am tired in my head listening to it. All channels were out in full force giving their reports. Boston was very, very lucky to miss the worst. Sweet dreams - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

Hoping everyone's home stayed dry this weekend.  Nothing to report here.

I'm off to a chiropractic appointment then TJs.  Will catch up this afternoon - I've missed a bunch!

~kar

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Got up to no phone, tv or computer again this morning, but for now, they're back on.  Had them for about 2 hours last night, just long enough to keep me from going bonkers, could sit down and relax for a couple of TV shows, then pop, it was gone again.

Anxious to hear how all of you did in different communities.  Tried to catch the NECN news when it was on last night, but most of it's coverage was showing the flooding and rising waters of the Conn. rivers.  Terrible for those people.

Nice to see the sun.  Have a large branch off my walnut tree, luckily in the back yard not the front, that is dangling, ripped back just so far, but the wind couldn't seem to take it the rest of the way.  At least where it is it's in no harm of hurting anyone.

Hope everyone will check in so we know our little family is all safe.

P.S.  No water in cellar.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

Well that was an interesting weekend!  DD and I went to Johnnys Foodmaster Friday after work and we were pleasantly surprised to be in and out.  We must have missed the rush.  She hates crowded supermarkets like me so I was "enlisted" to keep her company.  Saturday I cleared my patio and put as much as I could in my spare room and moved the gas grill to under the stairs and took the glass out of my table and then put it upside down.  I put rocks on my chaise lounge too.  Boy am I glad I did!  My patio now has a huge tree branch in it!  I would have had my table and gas grill destroyed for sure.  But the patio next to me got hit too and I have a heavy tree branch on my fence but it didn't break it.  My landlord was out yesterday and showed my what happened at the top of the driveway where the other tenants live.  A HUGE tree branch destroyed the fence, the tenants grill and damaged their truck.  My neighbors next door for some odd reason, left their patio furniture with canopy etc. out and it is in a million pieces.  Nice stuff they had too.  Was a bit scary when the tree branches would snap and fall.  Didn't realize how loud that sounded.  Poor Amber.  I had to take her outside to go and she did not like that at all!  She would do her business and run in the house.  My landlord thought it was so cute.  Well back to normal and can forget about my patio for the rest of the summer. I am not going to set it up again, too much work.  I am happy everyone is safe and have a great day!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  The kids got about 30-40 minutes in the pool Sunday and even stayed in while it poured, DH stayed out there.  We pumped some water out of the pool Saturday night and it was all replaced with the rain.  A neighbor's branch fell inches from the pool yesterday and we went out and moved in so it couldn't rip the lining.  It needs a good cleaning but we are good.  We didn't get water so the chalking we did worked for now until we can get it repaired.
    Pingo, what kind of noodles to you use for the casserole and how long do you bake it..my son would love this.
    tt, glad you are up and running again and I love the pic of Cheerio helping you with the puzzle.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

p.s 3 big trees next to my building at work are uprooted.  They have orange cones on the sidewalk.  Amazing to see what mother nature can do..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

psst....  stiches, give us a call will ya?  How do we get past this glass door??? 

Cheerio,

Good morning....  Wink  Tigger

Cheerio,

You are lovely, and orange is not your color...  Boo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Pingo, I too would love that recipe

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Nice to wake up to the sun. Glad to hear from Kar, that all is well there. We were worried about you. Hope everyone else came through the storm safe and sound.
    tt, re: your walnut tree. You may be able to attach the branch back, since it is not completely broken off. We did that with a Dogwood tree, several years ago and I believe mm did too, after my instructions a couple of years ago. Go to HD and buy one (or two) of those pipe clamps the plumbers use - large enough to go around the branch. Place it around the broken part, then tighten it and just leave it there. The branch will re-grow again. This was the advice given to us from a nursery,  when our Dogwood suffered during a storm. You will probably need some help to do it, but it will be worth it. Good Luck!
    Glad to hear your cellar is dry. - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Gosh, Amber, you had a close call.  So glad you had the wherewithall to take precautions with your patio furniture.  Cheerio's eyes were big as saucers yesterday when the wind would really blow.  She struck pretty close to me all day, wherever I was, she was attached to my hip.

Have the TV on but still haven't gotten any news or pics of Boston area and what damage was done.  Guess I'll google.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hi Everyone.  Glad to hear you are all safe - sounds like a close call on your patio Amber.  Luckily where I was there was no damage and no outages.  Took Jax for a walk around 4 though and there were plenty of trees down on neighboring streets, so it looks like we were lucky.

Great news about Norma and Desmond. And Cheerio is so cute working on her puzzle. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Princess hasn't checked in yet, but not sure if she computes from home or just work.  This is her vacation week, I think.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hey Boo and Tigger,  Cheerio is at the back door, peeking out at Pretty Baby who's talking up a storm this morning.  I was out earlier patting him and talking to him, but I was on the phone standing at the door and he saw me.  Came back out from under the shrub, talking away.  I'll see if I can snap a pic through the door.

ETA:  He's wandered away.  Maybe later.

Sections
Shortcuts