August 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: August 2011

How cute tt!  Would love to see a picture of pretty baby.  We hear so much about him : )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

SS and mm, we still need to hear from you - not that we are nosy, just want to know, that you are ok after the storm.
    BG checked in w/us yesterday - and she was fine then. Hope it stayed that way during the rest of the storm.
    And Ache - how are you doing?  - Pingo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

pingo, Amber and I are looking for your recipe for your noodle bake.  :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hello Everyone
    Glad to hear everyone fared okay after the storm.  We did fine as well.  We took the precautions and just had a bunch of twigs and branches all over the yard. I got most of them up today though so things are back to normal.

It's so nice to have the day off.  Just doing laundry, picking up around the house and errands, but that's okay with me! 

Hope everyone has a great day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Morning bathtime after the storm:  (Just babies, they look like fluffy little chicks!)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh dear - so cute! As much as I HATE my turkey invasion - I couldn't get angry at the babies lined up on my railing (remember that pic?). What is a mom to do, when it's offspring is hungry?
    We have had a lot of chicks at our feeder recently. How many times a year, do these birds produce? It is so cute to see mom feeding her chicks - often chicks being larger than mom. But you know, they are chicks - as they are fluffy.
    Just finished making blueberry syrup for my "invasion" (human that is, this coming weekend) -- have you ever made your own? It is so simple and so much better than the one you can buy. It taste of blueberries and not sugar water. And it is a heck of a lot less, than the expensive Maple Syrup you can buy in stores. Of course it is all what your taste buds like. I am lucky, my family go crazy for anything blueberry.
    I am quiet honored, that some of you are interested in my humble noodle casserole. It is basically a tuna casserole, but my family found it too "tunary" - even though they all love a tuna salad sandwich. So I changed a few things and it has become a staple in our house. Son from PB is always asking for that, when he comes home on a late flight. I will post it in the recipe thread. Hope you like it.
    - Pingo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Hello All...We made it to the other side!!! Only thing is....now we have a lot of downed trees(not ours..other folks) to cut up for firewood...so much for trying to catch up!
    eta...glad to see you all are well

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I just found out we have a down tree blocking our road!  But, we didn't realize it because it's not in the direction we use.  Found out when I was walking Gracie and talked to a neighbor that turns left. :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi Everybody -

Glad to read you weathered the storm with no real damage.  I spent Saturday and Sunday at the office.  Somebody needs to be there during bad storms and my boss was in NY.  With all the anticipated problems there, he didn't feel he could come back.  I've had to do it before and don't mind.  We have a futon in the back and a full kitchen and bath, so it's not exactly roughing it.  We had several emergency calls and the service guys were in and out all weekend.  I was worried about my big pine, but the guys next door said they would keep an eye on things and all was well at the end.  A big tree came down at the corner of my street but I guess we never lost power.  Several trees came down around the Common and on Comm Ave.  I came home exhausted last night and plan to go home early tonight. 

There is a restaurant/bar on the first floor of our office building and they remained open.  Saturday night I sent down for skillet chicken with green beans and corn - delicious.  Enough for two meals.  The Dunkins on the corner was open and I made a couple of trips there.  Lots of wind but more rain on Saturday than yesterday.  My daughter tried to get my father to go to her house but he wouldn't leave.  The woman who lives across the street said she would call us on her cell if the power went out or she saw any damage.  Luckily there was none at his house.

Usually, I go to Maine over Labor Day but I'm staying put this year.   I feel tired and my foot is still healing.  After this past weekend, I want a weekend of peace. 

mothermitzi   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: August 2011:
    [QUOTE]I just found out we have a down tree blocking our road!  But, we didn't realize it because it's not in the direction we use.  Found out when I was walking Gracie and talked to a neighbor that turns left. :)
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming the neighbor who first saw it has called the Town?  I know they must be out straight, but still, it's important to keep emergency access open.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good to see your post, mm and to know that all is well.  A lot of people are saying unnecessary precautions were taken, but how do we ever know beforehand that they are going to be unnecessary -

You're probably on your foot more than you really should be.  Is it still taped?  Mine had no break, but still is very painful.  I tape it myself if I know I'm going out for the day.  Extra days of taping won't hurt it, can only help giving it support.  Unusual for you  to turn down a few days away, so I know it must be bothering you, and you must be really tired.  Always make decisions based on listening to your body and gut feelings.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer, good to see you check in.  Sounds as tho you weathered the storm ok, no water damage or shingles blown off?  How did your garden fare?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pretty Baby - wish I didn't have that darn delayed flash - he has beautiful green eyes, almond shaped.  He was looking right up at me when I clicked, then of course with the delay, looked down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, he is so cute! is Cheerio getting used to him coming around?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

mm nice to hear from you.  tt, that pretty baby is precious.  Have you heard how Desmond and Norma did over the weekend?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Awww, tt.  Pretty baby sure is pretty!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]mm nice to hear from you.  tt, that pretty baby is precious.  Have you heard how Desmond and Norma did over the weekend?
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Oh, I was hoping noone would ask - Norma (she's the devil) has found a way to leap over the gate - G.T. said he's afraid she's sealed her fate - - - -

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh man, I'm sorry I asked.  :(  Everyone have a great night; I'm heading home.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Sorry to hear tt....  I'm out of here too

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Well, it's really not my foot.  I'm just feeling tired.  The tape came off last week and truth be told, it bothered me off and on even when the tape was on. The doctor told me I could tape it again if I felt the need and I did before I went to the office on Saturday.  I wasn't really on my feet that much. He told me it would take 4-6 weeks and it's just a month now.  I've been staying off my feet as much as possible.  I have a wedding coming up the end October and when I go to DC to see my son mid-Sept. I'd like to see the new MLK memorial.  Always a lot of walking around those memorials.  We'll see.

I'm actually having someone come in and clean my house tomorrow.  My DIL's son is coming to stay with a friend this weekend and although my daughter will take him on a couple of college tours Saturday and Sunday, they're staying here. So, I can't go away even if I wanted to. I wasn't relishing the thought of dragging the vacuum up and down stairs with my foot bothering me, so I'm treating myself.

Love the picture of Pretty Baby.  So handsome!

mothermitzi  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh yes, I forgot about your grandson and friend coming.  That will be a fun week-end with young people in the house.  What do you have planned for evenings? Smart move to have someone come in and do the "heavy lifting", so to speak. When I put on my glasses and see the grime I've missed in my cleanings, I'm tempted to get someone in on a regular basis!  Probably the whole family talks about it, but doesn't say anything to me!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]tt, he is so cute! is Cheerio getting used to him coming around?
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Cheerio actually looks forward to me saying, "Oh, there he is, there's Pretty Baby".  Before I go out to pat him, I put some kibble in her dish, so now she associates "Pretty Baby"'s coming, with her getting extra food!  Not a smart move on my part, because she's blowing up like a balloon!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh tt, such a cute pic of "pretty Baby" - wish I could adopt him (actually, how do you know it is a him?), TRULY!, but I have to check w/ the boss first of course.
    I never wanted a kitty due to allergies, but all those pictures and stories make me want one.
    Low and behold, I am doing ok with my grand kitties. But of course I live on Zytex, when visiting. I am considering it as a guard against their Cedar. That stuff "kills" if you are prone to allergies. My son, who couldn't even move the lawn up here, is taking it every day. Cats and Cedar combined, and he makes us do it as well. It is served to us with our breakfast, LOL. Not a thing, I want to continue though. But for him it works. Guess he loves his wife enough to stay in Texas, where Cedar is everywhere. They will be here in a few days and can't wait for the cooler weather. It has been above 100 (up to 108 today) degrees for a month and a half. They are both so sick of it. I told my son, "Go jump in your pool!" ---"Mom, the pool is like a swamp these days." Sorry for them, but he made his choice (or our DIL made it for him). What can I say? - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pretty Baby, I'm afraid isn't up for adoption.  The Cat Lady down the street shelters him and a couple of others, collars them so people know they aren't strays. Pretty Baby is the only one I see.  She names them all Pretty Baby, used to come looking occasionally for an older one when he didn't show up at her place for a day or so.  I haven't seen him for a year or longer, so suspect he died.

Terrible weather the Texans are experiencing.  I'm sure your son and DIL will be so relieved to be in our comfortable weather for a couple of days.  When do they all arrive?  I'll bet the Pingo kitchen is brimming with recipes of favorite dishes that will be made for them.  How are you feeling, Pingo?  I know to say don't overdo would fall on deaf ears, but do try to sit down and rest in between all the fussing I know you're doing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

hi tt -

This place is in such need of a good cleaning, it's not funny!  I let it go all summer. If this person is good, I'm going to send them to my father's house later this week.  His regular cleaning person retired last month.

Saturday night, I'm taking everybody to the north end.  My granddaughters loved going there when they were staying here, and I think the boys will like it, too. Also taking them on a duck tour. They will go to the Museum of Science on their own.  Yes, it will be nice having young people in the house.  

The weather is supposed to be nice.  Today was just beautiful!

pingo, my cousin in Dallas has been telling me this summer is the hottest ever, and she's been there for years.  She stopped going in her pool mid-July because the water is so warm. No relief.  She'd come up here but her husband can't travel.   

mothermitzi

Sections
Shortcuts