August 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: August 2011

tt, my friend - I knew, you would say just that --- "not up for adoption". But one can still dream. I am slowly working on DH to get another pet. It would be nice to have company, since he is out so much. (On the contrary, I am keeping Norma and Desmond in mind too).
    You guessed it. My refrigerator is "stuffed" - have to have everything - just in case. My PB son's b-day is Saturday - but my other son and his wife will not arrive until 6 pm that evening - so while DH an PB son will be picking them up, I will be cooking dinner. They will have travelled since morning, so they will want to come home and relax a bit, I am sure. We may break a bottle of bubbles with a few apps to celebrate older son's new job, our anniversary and PB son's b-day. B-day son asked for Rack of Lamb, so that it will be with all the trimmings of course.
    Made a batch of sugar cookies this morning - they all love those. And I made blueberry syrup for a round of breakfast waffles. Saw Hannaford has lobster for sale this week. Will pick up a couple (maybe 4 or so), steam them and pick them for a round of lobster rolls for lunch one of the days. I have already reserved blueberries for blueberry muffins for the morning of my son's b-day - that is a must tradition. Now that he is moving to England it will probably be the last b-day we will celebrate at home all together.
    Son and DIL want to take us out for dinner one evening to celebrate our 43rd anniversary (which is the day after tomorrow), and before we know, they will all be on their way home. But DH and I will relive the memories for a long time to come. - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Morning chuckle for the ladies - I'm sure you have seen this before, but it just came again in my email and I chuckled all over again.

An elderly Florida lady was returning to her car with her groceries when she noticed 4 men preparing to leave with her car.  She dropped her bags of groceries, pulled a gun from her purse, and screamed at the top of her lungs, " I have a gun and I know how to use it!  Get out of the car!"  The 4 men didn't wait for a second warning, but took off running.

She picked up her groceries,  loaded them into the front seat, and tried putting the key in the ignition  She tried again and again,  but she was so shook up, she couldn't get the key in the ignition.  Then she realized why - the same reason why there was a football, a frisbee and 2 six packs of beer on the back seat - her own car was parked a row away!

She got in her own car and drove to the police station to report her mistake.  When she told the desk sargeant he couldn't stop laughing and pointed to the end of the counter where 4 white faced men were telling another police officer the story of being car jacked by a white haired elderly woman, curly hair, wearing glasses, and wielding a large gun.  No charges were filed.

The moral of the story is, if you're going to have senior moment, make it a good one.

(Supposedly this appeared in one of the Fla papers and was a true account.)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

They just keep blooming and blooming - this morning's moonflowers -

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hahaa, tt.  This is the first time I'v heard that one!

Happy Annversary to Pingo and Mr. Pingo!  43 years is quite an accomplishment, and from what you tell us, you have a lovely family and a successful business that are both a tribute to your love and partnership.  Many more you to!

MM- enjoy your company this weekend. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I too have never heard that one, it's great.
    mm, I'm sure the boys will have a great time this weekend.  Which colleges are they visiting?'
    Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs Pingo.  I'll be over for Lobster rolls.  :) August 24th would have been my parents 43rd anniversary as well. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, you are too funny!  Pingo Happy Anniversary!  What an accomplishment to be married 43 years.  I wish you many more : )  mm, sounds like you have a thoughtful and fun filled weekend ahead of you.  I have a project to do (yay!) so will be busy today.  Will catch up at the end of the day.  I hope everyone gets to enjoy this beautiful weather.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, I was checking my Outlook calendar to see what day my DD's birthday falls on and I noticed I have it as Cheerios birthday too. Probably forgot to mention it but how fun if they share the same birthday. October 4th?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: August 2011:
    [QUOTE]tt, I was checking my Outlook calendar to see what day my DD's birthday falls on and I noticed I have it as Cheerios birthday too. Probably forgot to mention it but how fun if they share the same birthday. October 4th?
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

You're right, and I have a wonderful idea  - we could have a joint birthday party! That way, Cheerio, the boys and Amber would at last get to meet.  Might stop some of this foolishness that is going on.  BTW, she doesn't know I'm giving her age away, but she was born in 2000.  If the boys think she is too old, tell them not to say anything to her, she does think of herself as a femme fatale.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I know Ambers birthday because I have her papers and it is February 8, 1998.  I don't have the exact dates for Tigger and Boo since I rescued them, but Tigger is 2000 too!  Boo is 2002.  Could you seen all the preening now at the party???  Amber loves cats, not so much dogs, so she would love Cheerio.  But poor Cheerio might not know what to make of her! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, Cheerio was a rescue too.  At the Animal Rescue League they told me she was about a year and a half old, that she had had a litter in July, and had been brought in Oct. 3 with 2 kittens.  I adopted her October 19th and they listed her birthdate as October 4, 2000 - which doesn't jive with her being a year and a half.  I'm guessing that the worker who told me that when she saw me in front of the cage was just taking a rough guess.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, so funny with the dates.  DD is October 4th and one of my nephews is October 19th.  What lucky cats we have and so funny how the rescues are the prettiest and handsomest cats : )

ETA: I'm not slacking off, just waiting for someone to give me my project. LOL!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Good morning november, winter and amber -

Thanks, I'm looking forward to the visit.  Always nice to spend time with young people and get their perspective on things.  Pretty refreshing (and amusing) I think! GS wants to look at Emerson and BU. 

Got a really good night's sleep and feel refreshed today.  The rest of the week will be pretty busy.  What are your weekend plans?  Any pool parties in the future?  

tt, the moonflowers are beautiful.  I remember growing some from seed one year, but I think mine bloomed at night. 

mothermitzi

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Good morning november, winter and amber - Thanks, I'm looking forward to the visit.  Always nice to spend time with young people and get their perspective on things.  Pretty refreshing (and amusing) I think! GS wants to look at Emerson and BU.  Got a really good night's sleep and feel refreshed today.  The rest of the week will be pretty busy.  What are your weekend plans?  Any pool parties in the future?   tt, the moonflowers are beautiful.  I remember growing some from seed one year, but I think mine bloomed at night.  mothermitzi
    Posted by mothermitzi[/QUOTE]

They do.  They start opening around 4 p.m. and bloom all night long, then come daybreak, they start to close and droop.  By noon, these will be down.

Going out for a while.  Chat later - 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Mornin All...TT do those moonflowers get pods? Our moonflowers are starting to bud now...Yesterday Honey and I trimmed all around them...this will give us the best show when they bloom...We are also just starting to get our Blue morning glories..
    Nice day...I am gonna fill that clothesline!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

mm, we are having a Labor Day/Last Hurrah pool party/BBQ on Monday.  The patio and the pool have to be cleaned up, but we'll do it by the weekend and enjoy our pool these last week

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Pingo,

Quick question as I wasn't sure if you would be checking the recipe thread.  I plan on using a whole bag of noodles figuring DD could take some home.  Should I then use 2 cans of tomatoes?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

[QUOTE]mm, we are having a Labor Day/Last Hurrah pool party/BBQ on Monday.  The patio and the pool have to be cleaned up, but we'll do it by the weekend and enjoy our pool these last week
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Sounds like fun.  Seems like you've gotten a lot of use out of the pool this summer.  Hope the weather holds.  Yesterday and today have been beautiful.

mothermitzi

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sorry I've been MIA.  Got behind and am buried in housework right now.  Just here to say hi and I'm thinking of you.  I'm getting anxious about spending time in NH at a party where BIL will be.  He's going through the family stirring up trouble preemptively so the party will be as wrecked as possible.  I'll be tempted to drink up a storm at the open bar...

Anyway, I've got to get the windows done today, fold them in and do both sides and the sills at DH's request.  Cannot procrastinate another minute.  

Blessings and good thoughts to you all,
    ~kar

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good to see you on CC Kar, you have been missed : )  I would find a quiet corner or someplace to disappear if your BIL starts trouble.  Sounds like a real winner.  Do you have to do all your windows in your house at your husbands request??  You have a big house and I can't imagine how much work that is.  Maybe make that a weekend project for both of you?  Less stressful I would imagine.  But feel free to tell me to MYOB if I am out of line..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just came from my PT. Everything is progressing well. I have one more appointment on Thursday - then he suggested to be on my own for awhile, doing my exercises and ice packs and see how it goes. If I need to, I can call in later for more appointments, but with these things - it is mostly self help that counts in the long run. I am optimistic.
    Thanks for the anniversary wishes. It isn't until tomorrow though, but I will accept them graciously. DH is going to take the day off, and we are planning to take a ride to no where special - and see where we end up.
    Amber, in regard to the noodle casserole, it would be I good idea to add another can of diced tomatoes if you use an entire packet of noodles. It you think it is too soupy after 25 minutes, you can just stick it back in the oven and give it some more baking time.
    Better get going here at work, have a lot of typing to do. - Pingo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you Pingo!  Love the anniversary plans!  Have a wonderful day!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Back in, after some errands.

In case you aren't on the boards tomorrow, Pingo (just read your plans to take off for the day), I'll wish you Happy Anniversary now.  It's certainly a milestone in this day and age for a marriage to reach that pinnacle.  I hope you have a wonderful day, wherever you decide to head to.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Amber, you are welcome! Please let me know, how it turns out - I don't think I have ever used the entire package of noodles. Hope you and DD likes it.
    - Pingo

[QUOTE]Thank you Pingo!  Love the anniversary plans!  Have a wonderful day!
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thank you my dear friend. I will be on the boards - at least part of the morning. When DH says, he is taking the day off, that usually means at noon time. Of course he has a meeting w/ a new client at 10 (can't miss that these days). But that is fine w/ me - I will take anything that has nothing to do with our office. I can finish the breakfast dishes and get the house in order, before we leave. I am kind of thinking of a trip to the gift shop in Essex. Haven't told him yet - but I know he will love it.
    Have my waffle dough brewing in the ref. Blueberry syrup, I made already. Then some fresh fruit. Hopefully we can eat on the deck w/ the  birds. He loves those birds so. I imagined that bird feeder would be another "chore" of mine - but no. He is up early, filling it up and talking to them. Every morning.
    Making your baked haddock as we "speak". Never used the Ritz crackers for anything. Always thought they were loaded with the fat, we are not supposed to eat. But your dish looked so welcoming, that I am giving it a shot.  Besides those few crackers is not going to make much of a difference. That and green beans.
    Enjoy whatever is left of the evening. US Open has just started, so I know, what we (mainly DH) will be doing. - Pingo

[QUOTE]Back in, after some errands. In case you aren't on the boards tomorrow, Pingo (just read your plans to take off for the day), I'll wish you Happy Anniversary now.  It's certainly a milestone in this day and age for a marriage to reach that pinnacle.  I hope you have a wonderful day, wherever you decide to head to.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

I sow much need to catch up. t.t.  Pretty baby looks exactly like our juvenile delinquent!! D.D. and I are staying up for her official 15th BIRTHDAY! Where did that time go? bg xo, um, I meant so, not sow. Must hug D.D. bg