August 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: August 2011

Good morning everyone.  Pingo, I hope you enjoy your day. I too am going to make your casserole with the whole bag of noodles, that way I get lunch for a few days.  Bg, did your daughter go to Ireland yet?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

There was a medical emergency on my car on the train this morning, so I had to walk from Haymarket.  The exercise is good and what a beautiful morning.  I never mind getting kicked off the train for that, since Lord forbid that could happen to me.  Pingo, I think I am going to make the dish the way you do first and have DD try it.  If she likes it, I will make double so she can bring some home.  She comes to eat a couple of times a week, but like to give her homemade stuff to reheat.  BG, your DD is 15, how sweet.  The time flies for sure and can't belive my DD will be turning 28 in October.  But our relationship is so good and more so the older she gets.  I think they start realizing how much work we put into them.  She said to me the other day "Mom, at my age you had a 2 year old, I couldn't imagine"  Well everyone, enjoy your day (especially you Pingo!) 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Comcast is up and running again this morning (went out last night for a couple of hours again), so in case I can't get on later - good morning.

Have a 9:30 appt., so will be leaving soon.  Bg, hope you get a chance to keep posting, it's good to see you back on the boards.  Pingo, you've a beautiful day to hit Essex.  I know you'll find some little treasure at the shop there.  Enjoy your day everyone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    DH left for his meeting. But we did have a lovely breakfast with the birds. A bit cool, but the sun was warm. So sad to feel the summer coming to the end. I know September will have lots of beautiful days, but we can't count on it.
    Now gearing up for "the crew" to come. Made my shopping list already ($$$). Lots of stuff I don't keep in my house any more. But oh my, if those Vinegar/Salt chips are not there, "Mom, you never have anything in the house to eat." - You must have you heard that, even though your pantry is overflowing with everything else.
    Sunday they invited friends over for lunch (asked first). It is a way for them to meet with their all their friends at the same time - in the the short time they have here. TX son will man the grill and sent me a list of what to get and make for the occasion. I have to make my baked beans and German potato salad and marinate some veggies and beef chunks. I guess my DIL will do a salad, when they get here. I happily comply. It is a win win for me, I get to keep my sons at home and get to see their friends as well. Those kids that drove me crazy years ago (LOL). Should be a fun afternoon.
    Amber, good it was such a nice morning for you to walk to work. Sorry to hear about the emergency, hope all turned out well.
    Now, you all enjoy this beautiful day - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Another beautiful day.  I got off the green line at Boylston this morning and walked up to the office.  Doubt I'll get out at lunchtime.

tt, glad you have your cable and internet back.  A lot of people I talk to are still without it, although they have power.  Just found out last night that my brother's place in Maine was badly damaged by falling trees.  I guess there was quite a bit of wind.  He and my SIL are going up today to assess the damage.

amber, sometimes I hear my kids say hold old they are and I'm astonished!  Of course, I know when they were born but I still think of them as much younger. The passing of time seems quicker with my grandchildren.  Maybe that's because I'm not involved in their day-to-day upbringing.   

Happy Anniversary pingo!

mothermitzi

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

P.S.  By the way, my house looks great!  That was the best $$$ I ever spent. She was here for four hours.  Took a lot of stress away from me.  She even made up the beds for the boys.  Today, she's at my father's house.  I think this person is a keeper.

mothermitzi

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks mothermitzy!
    And congratulations on finding a great cleaning lady. They are a disappearing breed. I am willing to pay, but the latest cleaners, we had, did such a lousy job, charging top $$/hour. And they want to be paid "under the table" - something I cannot do. (Re: Romney and his illegal landscapers). We have government contracts and cannot put our business in jeopardy.
    How did you find her? Advertising or by the-word-of-mouth? Anyway, I am very happy for you. As we get older, it is more and more difficult to keep up with the chores. Especially when we also work full time.
    Enjoy your weekend with your young company - Pingo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Happy Anniversary Ping & Mr. Pingo!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thank you, Princess! How is Buster doing? You haven't mentioned him for a few days, so I assume everything is well.
    Waiting for Mr. Pingo, I read an interesting article about how our bees are dying. It is scary. No bees - no crops. I am wondering if that is why our tomatoes are doing so poorly. Kar, how are yours doing? (I mean the bees). I know you told us, that your last year's bees died and you were getting a new stock. Are they faring better?
    - Pingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, I'm back home, armed with oral Prednisone, an anti itch lotion, and Zyrtec.  Have had a horrible case of hive like rash on inside and up and down of one arm and now individual spots on other arm, chin and throat.  Going insane with trying to control the itch, using what medicated creams I had in the house.  Thank God I could get in to see him (yes, actually saw the doctor because the N.P. wasn't sure what to make of it).  He feels it is something I've gotten into.  But also mentioned the obvious of any new detergent, soap, etc.  Happened to think that I bought a new bottle of liquid detergent just before this started - wondered why it was so cheap - went online and googled detergent rash - and OMG, you should see all the people who are having/have had similar outbreaks from the same detergent. That will be put aside, for sure, until I determine just what it is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, that's awful!  I hope it is the xxxx to make it easier for you.  It should be pulled off the shelves.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I changed it tt, but if you already found it on the internet don't think it is anything to worry about IMO.  Hope you feel better!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Wow tt.  Sounds awful.  Hope the prescriptions help.  I bought a tub/tile cleaner at HD once.  It began with "Z" and it caused a terrible rash on my hands.  Hope you find relief soon.

pingo, I heard about this cleaning woman through a friend.  She's local and bonded, which is essential these days.  I agree about the cleaning crews.  I was never satisfied and stopped using them. The crews were always different and I just never felt they did a good job.  It is expensive, but as I said before, I'm happy to spend good money for chocolate and a bottle of wine.  Now you can add a good cleaning person to the list!

mothermitzi

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Another bonus on my way home, saw a police car with a suv pulled over - thought, he's probably checking his registration - glanced at my windshield and my inspection ticket had a big "8"!  Flew down to the center and was able to get my new one.  I never forget anything like that, especially since my car is 14 years old. Breath a sigh of relief each time I pass.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

oh tt, I'm sorry you have broken out.  I hope the cream is giving you some relief.  That's a nice find on a leaning lady.  Pingo are you guys headed out soon?  Wonder where Kar is. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, guys,

Sorry - I got behind and haven't had a chance to catch up so didn't want to post until then and you know how that goes!

All's well, but I'm up to my ears in blanching and freezing our veggies.  Will be back soon.

Blessings,
    ~kar

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: August 2011:
    [QUOTE]Thank you, Princess! How is Buster doing? You haven't mentioned him for a few days, so I assume everything is well. Waiting for Mr. Pingo, I read an interesting article about how our bees are dying. It is scary. No bees - no crops. I am wondering if that is why our tomatoes are doing so poorly. Kar, how are yours doing? (I mean the bees). I know you told us, that your last year's bees died and you were getting a new stock. Are they faring better? - Pingo
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

Get some moonflowers and you'll attract many bees.  I'm amazed at the size and number of bees flitting from one to another out there.

Hope you enjoyed your day, wherever you went Pingo, and had a nice lunch.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

MM, have you got any more word about the damage to your brother's place in Maine?  Hope it was just a case of a downed tree or two, and no damage to the home itself.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Second of load of rewashed clothes in dryer, so have some folding to do.  Luckily I hadn't done too many washes with the new detergent container.  The "itching" is still insane tonight, but I think I can see the swelling has gone down a bit.  I took a pic and sent it to G.T. - they were going to come down one day this week-end, but now I'm not so sure!  Didn't think to ask if it was contagious, but I would imagine only if it's from poison ivy or sumac and they came in contact with that part of my arm.  Girlfriend has already said, "I'm not coming near you."  She laughed, but I didn't.  Better they do what they individually feel comfortable with.  I'll be a pariah this week-end.  That's alright, Cheerio's fearless!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

All's well here after Irene paid her call, all we had were branches that fell down  from the trees,DH had put all the lawn stuff away.....3 houses down from me their tree in the front of the house was uprooted, what a mess....it landed on the roof, made a small hole and was leaning against the chimney, then along came another good strong wind and the chimney toppled to the ground.  The tree people came today and removed the tree and the debris, now to get a chimney put up there...feel bad for the folks, they are a young couple and are getting married in two weeks!!  The girl told the guy when he came home, "I told you to take that stupid tree down", he replied, "now I don't have to".....ss

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Kar, How about you do the inside of the window and DH cn do the outside? Our
    windows drop in and makes it easier, but I haven't done them in a month of
    Sundays.....every time I think of doing them, my get up and go gets and goes!!Happy Belated Anniversary Pingo....long time....I guess our generation does things that way, lots of the younger ones don't. ss

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

In Response to Re: August 2011:
    [QUOTE]Kar, How about you do the inside of the window and DH cn do the outside? Our windows drop in and makes it easier, but I haven't done them in a month of Sundays.....every time I think of doing them, my get up and go gets and goes!!Happy Belated Anniversary Pingo....long time....I guess our generation does things that way, lots of the younger ones don't. ss
    Posted by shakersilly2010[/QUOTE]

Hi shaker -

Glad you survived the storm.  I understand about the get up and go!  Funny.  Mine goes from time to time, too, especially these days.  You seem to have plenty of pep though.  Good for you.

When I was in Maine in July, I went into a gift store and bought a set of pinecone shakers.  Made me think of you.

mothermitzi

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  My son started Fifth grade time.  I don't know where the time has gone.  I will be leaving at noon today as he has a half day today and tomorrow.  I hope everyone enjoys the day.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Winter,

He's growing up.  It seems as tho once they start school, their young years fly by.
    Why don't you be the one to start the "September 2011" thread?  I've done my share.  Have a good day.  Know you'll be anxious to hear all about how his day went.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I can't seem to start a new discussion :( .