August 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: August 2011

Your collection is inspiring!  Such thought and joy put into each teapot choice and place for display.  Thanks for posting your bouquet, too - it was similar to mine but many more flowers.  I didn't actually choose mine, I let the florist do it all, but I loved the white/off white look.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, sounds like you had a great day yesterday, sans son. Interesting, you should mention CTS. I hardly ever find anything there as well. Besides, I don't like to go there alone. Pocket book and car thefts are listed in our local paper almost every week. If I can't park up front, I will wait until someone leaves, or I will forget it all together. Now that Job Lot has opened, that will be my place to go to.
    I forgot to mention the other day, that the Job Lot sells tin baking pans for 25 cents each. All kind and shapes. They are all the way in the back. Heaven for bakers. The stores sell them in packages of 3, for a lot more. Here one can pick up a single one, and throw it away after use, w/o breaking the bank. - Pingo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo it's a see through arylic in the shape of a heart.  Here is a better picture.  It's to the right of the cake not on top of it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks kar and Pingo.  I told the florist I wanted a ball of roses.  She saw my dress (it was deep ivory) and she suggested that I carry, ivory, biege and cream roses. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, the Mu Shu was great. DH loved it. And laughable quick and easy to make. So it was not ambitious at all. If interested, I will post my recipe. I cut down on the pork and doubled up the veggie, and I didn't use bean sprouts - for good reasons. I didn't have jicama, so I used radishes instead. But you can practically use any crunchy vegetable with shredded cabbage being about half of them.
    Enjoy your lunch today. Looks like you should start to get frequent diner discount at that place - LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Job Lot sells tin baking pans for 25 cents each. All kind and shapes. They are all the way in the back.

Another counter I've never seen!  I'm going to have to make myself a road map next time I go in there.  I usually buy the alum disposable ones.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I made the whoppie pies from the recipe posted here.  I can't say they came out fabulous but over all good!!  I did double the filling and next time won't use as much fluff.  I think I made them a bit too big as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I have a visitor -

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Oh how pretty tt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh tt, I would love to see a deer where I live..  great pictures!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, the first one would have been great if not for that darn delayed flash - She was looking right at me.  Second one is pretty good tho, huh?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

beautiful pictures...  I love deer : )

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My son just called and said she really shouldn't be out feeding this time of day, usually 4-5 in the morning.  He's the one who attaches a camera to a tree up in the woods during the winter to capture pics.  I think he'll be over here this week-end to set it up in the yard.  His is triggered by a beam and so gets much closer more detailed pics as the deer crosses the path of the beam.

Funny thing is, I've been getting up around 5:30 mornings because I was awake, and the first thing I do is stand at the back door window and scan the yard.  I realize now tho, that my wisteria has grown so tall that if she were feeding on the side where she first was today, I wouldn't be able to see her from that angle.  Will definitely move to my kitchen window and check it out from there now on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

What great pics tt.  No deer to come to my yard either...though I'd be afraid they would take a swim. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Got sidetracked with the deer - was coming in to tell you Y&R fans to be sure to google today's episode.  I don't know what happened yesterday because I was not home, but you don't want to miss today's - Diane is narrating from the dead with flashbacks of the meetings with each one she had texted, in the park just before she died.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, I'd make your mu shu pork recipe if you'd like to post it.  I'm sure it's a lot healthier than my indulgence at the Chinese restaurant.  Thanks!

Lunch was fabulous as was our visit.  Gracie and the 18 month old got along great - both had fun and were very well behaved letting mom and me catch up and enjoy our visit.  Perfect.  They just left a few minutes ago.

Awesome looking deer, tt.  

allready, if the pies are too big, you could freeze them and have a few slices at a time.  I love frozen whoopie pies, the texture is divine.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

tt, love your snap of the deer, when DD and I went to the cemetary we saw one eating a from a trumpet vine, they sure are beautiful animals.                   
    Icer. I have two large books on the Guiding Light, one is a coffee table book with lots of photos. When my girls came home from school for lunch (catholic school) we all ate with out eyes on the TV.  DH didn't like it too much.              
    Winter, big flea market tomorrow and Sunday, Rts 27 & 14, hoping for some S&P's and books, bet there will  be tea pots there too. ts at the Mason Club in Bridgewater.Good weekend to all, Keep smiling.ss

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Amber, love your postscript...ss

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Those are the ones, I meant. Sorry, I didn't use the correct word. People call it "tin-foil" - so I call them "tin baking pans". But they are made of the same stuff: aluminum. Still way below the store price.
    All the "goodies" are way back in store. When you enter the store, just keep going straight all the way to the end. The placemats are on the end wall to the right of you as you enter. Happy shopping - Pingo

In Response to Re: August 2011:
     Job Lot sells tin baking pans for 25 cents each. All kind and shapes. They are all the way in the back. A nother counter I've never seen!  I'm going to have to make myself a road map next time I go in there.  I usually buy the alum disposable ones.
    Posted by toytrumpet

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Got sidetracked with the deer - was coming in to tell you Y&R fans to be sure to google today's episode.  I don't know what happened yesterday because I was not home, but you don't want to miss today's - Diane is narrating from the dead with flashbacks of the meetings with each one she had texted, in the park just before she died.
    Posted by toytrumpet

loving it

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

tt, love your snap of the deer, when DD and I went to the cemetary we saw one eating a from a trumpet vine, they sure are beautiful animals.                    Icer. I have two large books on the Guiding Light, one is a coffee table book with lots of photos. When my girls came home from school for lunch (catholic school) we all ate with out eyes on the TV.  DH didn't like it too much.               Winter, big flea market tomorrow and Sunday, Rts 27 & 14, hoping for some S&P's and books, bet there will  be tea pots there too. ts at the Mason Club in Bridgewater.Good weekend to all, Keep smiling.ss
    Posted by shakersilly2010

I really don't need any GL books...I am a walking encyclopedia of this now worthless information..soo sad

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

so, Icer - please tell me, was it a Mrs. Chandler that died for real? I can't for the sake of me remember. And it bothers me tremendously. Not - like you said - it has any value any more. - Pingo

In Response to Re: August 2011 : I really don't need any GL books...I am a walking encyclopedia of this now worthless information..soo sad
    Posted by icer

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, didn't see your deer photos before I posted to you. Very nice indeed. If your son takes some good shots of them, I hope he will e-mail you so you can post them.
    I gather it is not the son in Foxwood. How did he do? Hope he is bringing home a huge bag odf the green. - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No, it's the Peabody son who does the photographing.  Birthday boy is still down to Foxwoods, as far as I know, they were staying over last night and I have no idea what time today they were planning on coming  home.  I imagine I will hear if he won big.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar,
    I will try to post my Mu Shu over the weekend. Sounds like you had a wonderful visit. You too must be such great friends, when you drive so far to see each other.
    Was that the baby, you made the bear for? Or was that for DH's friend's baby yesterday? - Pingo

Sections
Shortcuts