August 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: August 2011

In Response to Re: August 2011:
    [QUOTE]  . Just don't want to give the instigator more to run with.  - Pingo
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

Instigator?

That isnt a very nice word

I expect you to apologize to me, pingo...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Excellent Y&R episode today.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Kar, I will try to post my Mu Shu over the weekend. Sounds like you had a wonderful visit. You too must be such great friends, when you drive so far to see each other. Was that the baby, you made the bear for? Or was that for DH's friend's baby yesterday? - Pingo
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

Yes, we are the best of friends, and she was the one the bear was for. :)  I'll look for the recipe, but no hurry - I wouldn't be making it this weekend. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

[QUOTE]Excellent Y&R episode today.
    Posted by reindeergirl[/QUOTE]

i agree

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Mrs. Chandler..a.k.a. Katherine Chandler is alive and well on The Young and the Restless

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

[QUOTE]so, Icer - please tell me, was it a Mrs. Chandler that died for real? I can't for the sake of me remember. And it bothers me tremendously. Not - like you said - it has any value any more. - Pingo In Response to Re: August 2011 :
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

TT can probably tell you more about Mrs. Chandler than I can..just saying

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Mrs. Chandler..a.k.a. Katherine Chandler is alive and well on The Young and the Restless
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]

I know it's a "sound likes" but Catherine on Y&R is Catherine "Chancellor", not Chandler.  I didn't watch the Guiding Light way back when, so I'm not familiar with the characters.  I was an "As the World Turns" girl.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Google "Google" today and hit the "play" button.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ache, you investigate and you're proud of your vast cache of information.  Feigning offense isn't up to your usual level of wit...you feeling OK?

Well, my father is due to arrive today around noon.  DH just went out for his morning hike, and Gracie  is sulking on the patio having been left behind.

I hope the birthday boy did well, tt!

Have fun at the flea market, ss - hope you find some nice addtions to the s&p collection.  Oh, I wonder if I'll have time to take Gracie to the farmer's market...

Good weekend, everyone,
    ~kar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, I wonder if I'll have time to take Gracie to the farmer's market...

Will it be open when your father gets to your house?  that might be something he would like to go to.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

SS, thinking of you and the flea market today.  We don't seem to have many around here, or even yard sales this time of year, more in the Fall.  Have a good time at the family reunion tomorrow.  Hope everyone you're expecting shows up.  You're bringing a bundle of good food.  I'm thinking of hermits now, my freezer supply is long gone.  What's in there now is a supply of Pepperidge Farm raspberry danish.  I do have to have something sweet after my breakfast every morning,and they're generous with their jam.

Feels muggy already here.  I'm showered and dressed, somehow feel cooler than in nightgown.  No plans this week-end, so hoping there'll be occasional activity on these boards.  I know a lot of you just access the computer during your work week.  Waiting for my little grey furry friend to make an appearance so I can go out and pat him.  He's a real talker and we chat a little (!)  Funny, Cheerio could get a good look at him from the kitchen window, but instead, she sits down by the back door, maybe hoping to dart out when I open it to come in. There's no hissing going on on her part, so I'm not sure if "he" is a he or a she.  Time for my coffee.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]  Oh, I wonder if I'll have time to take Gracie to the farmer's market... Will it be open when your father gets to your house?  that might be something he would like to go to.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

He would like to go, but it closes at noon. :(

I just realized that four Groupons I purchased (I paid $25 for $50 worth of stuff) expired two days ago...$100 lost!  But, I gave them a whirl, anyway, and what do you know, they still worked.  PHEW!  So, I've been feverishly Christmas shopping this morning rather than gettting ready, but at least I spent my coupons!  Every order was reduced to $0 plus shipping.  Yay!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good you looked at the groupons when you did.  I almost did that with the $25 Macy's coupon I had.

Very quiet here this morning.  Even Pretty Baby isn't out there.  I think he probably was around earlier and has left, I've been getting up 5:30 and usually 6'ish been out there with him.  Slept in a bit later this morning.  He probably had places to go, people to see.

I can't imagine there is much at the Farmer's market that you do not already have from your garden.  You had such a bounty of beautiful veggies this year.  I bought a gorgeous eggplant to make eggplant parm tomorrow.  Enjoy it even more with the panko breading on the slices.

Well, shouldn't waste this time, so will throw a wash in and then do some needed shredding.  From where I shred I can keep an eye on the backyard for any more deer visitors.  

Enjoy your day with your father.  Tell Gracie Cheerio said "hi".

ETA:  Yesterday there were so many sparrows, looked like new baby batches, out back, Cheerio didn't nap at all.  She was positioned right at the slider, watchng them go from the feeder to the little pond.  I heard the broomstick I keep to keep it from being opened, rattling frantically, and walked out to see her nose to beak to a little sparrow that had flown up to land on the rim of the slider.  It was looking in right at her, obviously didn't have the class 101 on "A Cat is Not Your Friend" yet!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, tt, you're right - we don't need produce, but a lot of kids and other dogs go so it's a highlight of Gracie's week.  And, I have a friend with a booth, but she won't be there this week, anyway; she's on vacation.

It's quiet here, too, and getting sticky already with the sun coming out and heating up the moist air.

OK, kicking it into high gear here so will chat later.  Stay cool, everyone! Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Just came in from our lazy coffee on our deck. When we put a few seeds on the table, the finches, chickadees and sparrows will come right up to us and feed. They are not afraid of us at all. The cardinals is another thing. The female will feed on our deck floor, but the male is such a coward. As soon as he gets to the railing and see us, he disappears.
    Have Mu Shu leftovers for lunch and then we will go for a couple of hours to our office. Otherwise not much happening here either.
    Roasted beets this morning for our dinner. They take a long time. Will serve them with breast of chicken, baked with a crunchy topping of panko and almonds.
    Kar, do you subscribe to Groupons? I see them on and off in the Globe, but never found anything I could use. Nice to be ahead with the Christmas shopping - Christmas will be here before we know. We will be going to Texas this year. New experience.  But our son insisted for us to come and have Christmas in his home. So, I will be more or less Lady of Leisure this year. Will have to order gifts on the net and have them shipped there. Then have a wrapping storm, when we get there. With what the airlines charge these days for extra luggage, it will be the only way.
    Better get going. Have been lounging around long enough. Chat later - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Icer, my head is fulll of useless info on the Guiding Light too, I also used to watch As the World Turns. .When I was working I would tape the espisodes and then watch them all at once over the weekend.  Kar, I enjoyed walking around the flea market, but I didn't find one pr. of Shakers....I have way too many anyway!! ss

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got back in.  Shower is being planned for granddaughter and wanted to hit the baby registry lists before the invites go out to everyone.  Already all the big items are gone.  One side of the family got advance notice - wasn't ours. Anyway, my youngest and I hit the store and selected our items.

No shakers, Silly?  I'm seeing more and more of them in places like CTS - but of course, they're not the kind you're looking for.  Did you see any teapots?  Had I known Winter earlier, I would have found a way to have sent her a lovely gold embossed one I had and sold at a yard sale.  Don't even remember what I got for it.

Time for lunch, and then some.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

---One side of the family got advance notice - wasn't ours.---

I am assuming, that that granddaughter is the daughter of your Foxwood son. Men can be so oblivious at times. Hopefully your GD doesn't take after her mother.
    It is fun to buy baby stuff. Isn't it? Sounds like that baby will be well equipped, even before he/she is born. When is the shower?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You assumed correctly.  Love that girls do listings now.  Our taste is not always the same as what they would prefer.  Found out about where she had registered from an email she herself sent me, since I had told her I'd like to have her pick out a piece of baby furniture when the time came.  Those items are already gone, but she wanted to give me a heads up before the listings info went out via invitations.  Son and I were both satisfied with the things we picked out today, and we know they are all items she wants, so all's well.  The shower is next month.  Now I have to start work on the poem to go with the gifts.

Your supper sounds delicious.  I eat very little red meat, and had a hankering for hamburg in any form this week, so last night had baked beans, hamburger and fresh spinach.  Tonight I think I'll make a hamburg with onions and sour cream to have over pasta.  Tomorrow will be the eggplant parm, and if it's cooler, I'll make the lemon meringue pie I've yet to make.

Other than change Cheerio's litter box, and change my bedding, haven't done anything since I got home.  No sightings, of cat or deer.  what are you plans for tomorrow?  Working at the office again?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Yum! Love hamburg w/ onions and sour cream over pasta. I sometimes mix in a Tbs. or two of tomato paste in the hamburg/onion mix. before I add the sourcream. I have also mixed in diced cream cheese instead of sour cream and then mixed in the pasta and baked the entire thing with shredded cheese on top. Yummy! It was a recipe, I found eons ago in the Star Market cook book. I used to make it, when we had babysitter for the boys and she had to feed them. Simple, easy and good.
    Don't know what is on the agenda tomorrow. The weather is not so promising. So maybe we will be here, and I will take off one of the better week days. It is a great switch for me. Get so much done weekends, and I love to have a weekday all to myself. But I have to be bribed with breakfast out. We have found  couple of great new places.
    Well, time for me to turn off this machine and go home and stick my chicken breast in the oven. It is all prepared and ready to go.
    Have a nice evening. Hugs  - Pingo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good Evening,
    Had a nice day with Mom today.  Got all of her errands done for her and was able to play our weekly card game, so that was nice.  Came home and then DH and I went out shopping a for a bite to eat. 

I meant to tell all of you "bird watchers" that we got this window box bird feeder for my MIL.  She really loves it and is enjoying seeing all of the different birds "inside" her window.  Thought you'd get a kick out of it.
    www.usabirdsupply.com/coveside-breadbox-window-feeder-with-2-way-mirror.html?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=pricegrabber" title="Window box bird feeder">
    http://www.usabirdsupply.com/coveside-breadbox-window-feeder-with-2-way-mirror.html?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=pricegrabber

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]Ache, you investigate and you're proud of your vast cache of information.  Feigning offense isn't up to your usual level of wit...you feeling OK? Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Not feigning anything

Ever since I signed the Pingo Peace Initiative (or PPI) back in April, I have been a model citizen around here. My decorum in this forum has been exemplary. Youve all seen it. Especially toward pingo. I have been nothing but gracious to that woman

And she repays me how? By labeling me with a pejorative, highly insulting term. Much more offensive than Mr Creepy IMO

I gave her a chance to apologize last night, but she passed on it. I will give her another chance tonight. If she whiffs again, she will have officially broken the terms of her own Peace Initiative. At that point, the PPI will be kaput, and the chaos that will ensue as a result, well, I wont be responsible for any of that. It will be out of my hands

Okay, I am done talking about this tonight

That's a big 10-4

Wildo, over and out...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Is this your idea of your next thread?  I'm really disappointed in you, Ache.  Surely you can come up with something better than that.  No one wants to be exposed to jabs between you and Pingo.  You know she doesn't always have a clear definition of words she's using, and all she meant was that she didn't want to give you additional information to kid around using her as the target.  Come on, get back in your witty mode - if not now - then whenever some funny topic dances before you.  You don't want us all to write you off just when we're starting to enjoy you.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Neat wndow bird feeder, Princess.  And they're alright with her having that?  A lot of places won't allow any kind of bird feeding because of the mess and afraid of attracting rodents.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ache, if you want an apology, I will give you one. Mostly for the sake of keeping peace on the Chat. No one care of listening to anyone being mean to each other.
    However, I really should not have to:

instigate |ˈinstiˌgāt|
       verb [ trans. ]
       bring about or initiate (an action or event)

Wouldn't you be doing that (initiate an event) in regard to PAD ll?
    - Pingo

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: August 2011 : Not feigning anything Ever since I signed the Pingo Peace Initiative (or PPI) back in April, I have been a model citizen around here. My decorum in this forum has been exemplary. Youve all seen it. Especially toward pingo. I have been nothing but gracious to that woman And she repays me how? By labeling me with a pejorative, highly insulting term. Much more offensive than Mr Creepy IMO I gave her a chance to apologize last night, but she passed on it. I will give her another chance tonight. If she whiffs again, she will have officially broken the terms of her own Peace Initiative. At that point, the PPI will be kaput, and the chaos that will ensue as a result, well, I wont be responsible for any of that. It will be out of my hands Okay, I am done talking about this tonight That's a big 10-4 Wildo, over and out...
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]