August 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: August 2011

Amber, there are many plants there are non-poisonous to cats. My Dil has 2 cats and plenty of houseplants as well. - Pingo

http://www.i-love-cats.com/Health/toxic-plants.htm

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

My problem isn't with the non-poisonous plants as I had some, my problem is Tigger thinks it's dessert.  My DD bought me a bunch of flowers one time that I put in a vase and came home to them all over the place.  He had a party : )  So not worth it as they look terrible all half eaten.  But thank you for the information!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Love it, again, Amber!  Where do you come up with these!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Glad you enjoy November : )  It started years ago, when I would put a funny or serious signature in my monthly reports for the staff.  Everyone enjoyed them so I kept doing it.  Lots of them on the internet and since my friends and DD knows I enjoy them, they send me some too. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I'm tempted to put this one in as a screensaver banner

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It reminds me of Proverbs 17:28, "Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent and discerning if they hold their tongues."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

As long as the topic is getting around to cats and plants, thought I would post a couple of pics of G.T.'s plants, taken when I was out there a month ago.  Lucky for him, neither the previous cat that they had for 19 years, or Desmond and Norma, seem to go after them.  I don't think he'll mind me posting them, it is a beautiful room to my eyes, anyway.

ETA:  Sorry, but G.T. wasn't comfortable with me posting those pics.  I can understand why, so glad you at least got a chance to see them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

wow....  his home is gorgeous tt... 

Just a footnote, I have never had a cat eat any of my plants until I got Tigger.  Funny huh?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

The more you post of GT's house, tt, the more I want to go live with them!  It is truly beautiful.

So, I take it Norma and Desmond are staying put w/ GT?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: August 2011:
    [QUOTE]The more you post of GT's house, tt, the more I want to go live with them!  It is truly beautiful. So, I take it Norma and Desmond are staying put w/ GT?
    Posted by Novembride[/QUOTE]

We can only hope - - -  A lot will depend on what happens as the 43 Christmas trees get put up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I'm sorry tt, but I am just giggling at the thought of 43 Christmas trees and Norma and Desmond saying "wow...." 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, like in - "wow, which one will we climb first?"  !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

43 trees??  Now I REALLY want to go live with them. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

me too November!!!  gives new meaning to winter wonderland....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

cat in a christmas tree

funny cat in a tree

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Wow tt, what beautiful photos.  I agree with Novem and Amber, I want to live there too. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber too cute.  So this is what I'm in for...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Oh, boy - kitty ornaments.   The first one mischevious - the second just precious.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMG, Amber, are those real pictures or did you find them online?

When I was  a kid, we used to have to put our tree in the bay window(s) and tie rope around it and attached to the window casings to hold them up - our cats used to always climb them - of course that was in the days of real trees - so you couldn't blame them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I found them online, but it was pictures someone posted, so real. Adorable!  My cat Bandit would always climb my Christmas trees and I too would tie it tt!  And mine were fake, but she was a hellion that one.  Maggie would just lay under it.  Fond memories : ) 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh tt, not fair! I am working my butt off here and I didn't get to see them. Do you think he would mind you posting them again  - just for me? - Pingo

[QUOTE]As long as the topic is getting around to cats and plants, thought I would post a couple of pics of G.T.'s plants, taken when I was out there a month ago.  Lucky for him, neither the previous cat that they had for 19 years, or Desmond and Norma, seem to go after them.  I don't think he'll mind me posting them, it is a beautiful room to my eyes, anyway. ETA:  Sorry, but G.T. wasn't comfortable with me posting those pics.  I can understand why, so glad you at least got a chance to see them.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sorry.  He really didn't like me posting them.  As he said, you never know who is scanning the threads.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I am so disappointed, but I do understand. Hope he didn't scolded you too much. Next time please forwarn me. - Pingo

[QUOTE]Sorry.  He really didn't like me posting them.  As he said, you never know who is scanning the threads.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

He really doesn't want me posting any more pics of his house.  When he knew I had posted today's pics, he asked me to take them down right away.  I know he's right, there are nuts and stalkers on the boards, even those as innocuous as ours. Discovery of who he is would lead to discovery of who I am, and I think that's what he is afraid of.  I actually should be more careful from now on, I've been a bit lax what with pics etc.

Finally made the eggplant parm tonight and it was soo good.  Had a good size square and then went back for another squiggle.  The whole dish will be gone in another 3 meals.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think I tell enough that if someone knew me they'd recognize me, but if they didn't know me offline they'd not be able to find out.  Kind of like the "real" people on ads - we can't find them with just their first names and faces (eHarmony ads, for instance).  I understand being cautious, though, and sometimes we are surprised by someone posting who hasn't before and wonder how long they've been lurking.  It's an interesting dynamic, isn't it.