August 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: August 2012

I have no idea of the names - I know he told me one in front of the bay window is a purple plant that doesn't grow too tall.  Another is a smaller plant under the cherry tree, not sure what that is.  I was sitting in the sun on the stairs when he was telling me - sweating bullets.  We saw beautiful large orange butterflies around the flox out back and flying over to the butterfly bushes.  They didn't care at all that he was working there - had on an orange t shirt, maybe they thought he was one of them!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

The new ones sound pretty.  Maybe the butterfiles were mad that he was wetting their leaves. I'm looking for some flowers for next year that will we grow.  I had these wild lillies and they had to go..they were just all over the place.  Have a good night tt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hats, I took your advice and have been drinking water with lemon all afternoon. Feeling so much better now. Thank you so much for that tip.
    Now I have a better description of, what I was feeling. Jetlag - and I wasn't even on a plane. I know now, why they suggest you drink a lot of fluid, when you fly. I would never have imagined, that was my problem.
    I feel bad for GT working in that heat, but I guess he must be used to it. Interesting, how he changes things around, w/o you even being involved. Even though my sons are great, I wish I had one like yours to do my yard.
    Picked my first red tomatoes this morning. The little ones. Oh, they taste like candy. Since I am the only one at home, I will be munching on them all night. I also have a huge one, not a 2 pounder like yours, Kar, but it is huge. It has just started to show a few red spots. If it hasn't ripened by the time I go away, I will pick it off and let it sit in  a sunny window. Won't take a chance the animals should get to it first. The rest of the tomatoes are doing well too. They will probably be ready to be picked, when I get back.
    I am anxious to hear about your canning adventure, Kar. Hope you will take some pix going along. And you have a peach tree? Oh, how I would love to have a newly picked peach. Our son and DIL had a large one that came with the house. But it had a decease, so they had get rid of it. They did plant a new one, but it is tiny.
    Time to go home. Have a good night everyone. - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Well, Pingo, every morning I get up and make coffee, but before it is ready I try to drink at least 8 oz of water, since I might not have drunk any for at least 7 and maybe as long as 10 hours, depending on when I went to bed and got up.  It sounded to me that you might not have drunk any water for as long as 12 - 15 hours.  In this weather, that's not good, even with AC.

TT, I was shocked that the picture of of GT did not look at all like the one in my mind....  I had decided he was blond, tan, tall and had big shoulders and muscles...must have confused him with my brothers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Too funny, Hats.  He is tall, at least compared to the rest of us, does have a little tan, and I think he has muscles - no blond adults in this family - Irish, remember.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Son just called, in and out of their meeting with results they wanted, and were now having the leftover eggplant and a sliced tomato for their supper.  Guess the eggplant hit the spot.  Warms a mother's heart.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Awww, tt - that is wonderful. I know exactly, what you mean by warming a mother's heart. PB - now UK - son still talks about the surprise smorgas board, I made for him, when he was here for a few days in the middle of his US stay. Now my TX son is expecting me to do the same for him and his wife's family. Did it once and will do it again with pleasure.
    This is really too funny. I also imagined GT as a very tall BLOND guy. Now why is it, that both Hats and I have the same vision? But whatever, he is a handsome guy and a wonderful son to you. That is all that matters. And through you we know, he is a very hard worker. And I don't mean just yard work. I am thinking of all the Christmas trees they put up every year, the beautiful wall paintings/murals he did for their dining room etc. etc. They don't come 12 to a dozen like that. You have a son, you have to be very proud of.
    I love cranberry juice in any form, and I think I may just have some tonight to keep me hydrated.
    Stopped by REI on my way home from work and bought a few more of those awesome shirts, that are on sale. Those are moisture wicking and have 40 UV sun protection. Plus I bought a couple of tops for DIL. Whatever I already have, is going to TX on Sunday, so I needed more gifts for later. They had an even larger sale, than last week. Almost everything is discounted. Love that store for really nice gifts, and I am so glad my sons introduced me to it.
    Now, what's for supper? May just boil myself a couple of eggs and say good night.
    - Pingo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Up really early (5:30). Didn't sleep well last night. Never do when family members are on the move. DH should have reached his destination by now. I am sure he will call me w/i an hour.
    I am really grateful for the development of technology. Years ago I had to book telephone calls for overseas in advance. Now you can reach anyone anytime anywhere on your cell phone. Just amazing. If you never had to deal with this, you will not know, what a blessing it is.
    Time for another cuppa - Pingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

TT - your lunch sounded fabulous.  I just love eggplant!!!  And your garden looks great.  Glad you had such a nice day yesterday, GT sounds like a doll.I agree with you all with the importance of hydration, always an issue with me.  My sodium level drops significantly if I don't keep hydrated, (which I was scolded for at the hsp of course).  Can't believe it's Friday already - my week is all messed up, but I'm not complaining!  Not sure what's up for the weekend yet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning, I sit here already showered, dressed, and eating the last of my 2 slices of toasted scali bread.  the air feels so good right now.  Want to get around and do some floor mopping in case little chubby legs comes a'crawlin!  Saved out six of the wowie cupcakes and will frost each one differently (B.C. whipped vanilla frosting - it's so fluffy and versatile).  Will make l of each:  vanilla, cherry vanilla (D.H. cherry vanilla flavor packet), lemon, chocolate, almond.  I just take a little scoop in each dish and add the individual flavoring or chocolate and a drop of food coloring to show what flavor it is.  Want to have those ready to send along home if my Friday company stops in.

There must be a change in the humidity, at least right now, because my bones sure feel a lot better.  Can smell the salt water too.  Miss that.  Growing up our street sort of abutted, if you hopped over the railroad tracks, to the Saugus River, and I can see myself hanging out the bedroom window sniffing in that salt water smell.  Can also see in later years, my first son gagging in his stroller as I walked near it during low tide!

Enough reminiscing, have a good start on the day and want to get moving while there is still nice cool air coming in the windows.  Have a good day everyone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning! Just a quick hi before I shower and get into gear for the canning extravaganza. My friend will be here at 10, but I have what feels like an insurmountable amount to do before she comes to get started. I have to be completely done by 3:30 because I have plans with SIL tonight that cannot be put off. Thinking of you and I'll have the camera ready. Blessings, Karen

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Sorry you didn't sleep well Pingo, but you will be leaving Sunday for your trip and you will have a great time. 

tt, I pictured G.T. with red hair.  He is such a nice son to you. 

Have fun with your canning Kar.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Finished up the last of the sliced tomatoes and cukes from yesterday, on a bed of baby spinach, for lunch.  Reallly wanted one of those wowie cupcakes, but there are just 6 and I want to be able to send them, frosted along with company.  If they don't drop by today, the cupcakes will make their way to the freezer - or my mouth!  Leftover parm for supper.

Washed hall and kitchen floors with a new mop and the sponge on it is so hard to use, hard to move along the floor.  It's a decent mop, but too hard for me, will have to look for a new different sponge attachment.

Almost time for Y&R, did I miss anything good yesterday, Icer?  I'll wish you all a good week-end now in case I miss you later.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, Icer, little Miss Sharon - excuse me - Mrs. Newman, may have outsmarted herself!  Altho by the looks of the final scene, who knows where Victor is going to end up and when they'll ever know whether he is alive or not.  Wonder if Nikki pulls the prenup out of the fire ?  Monday will tell.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Victor married Sharon?? His ex daughter in law??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh yes, on the eve of Nikki's wedding to Jack.  He had her sign a prenup too.  They flew home right away and he dashed over to Jack's where his former wife, Nikki was marrying Jack that day.  When he saw Nikki wasn't going to cancel her wedding, he went back home to Sharon, suggested they go for a horseback ride, and on the way home raced ahead of her. When Sharon got to the stable his horse was there, but no signs of Victor!  Nikki was out looking for him when she found he was missing, and found Victor's cell phone and texted Sharon as tho it were from Victor - "Marriage a mistake - It's over."  Sharon went ballistic and smashed open Victor's briefcase to find the prenup she had signed - if he died or the marriage was ended before a certain length of time,, she would get nothing - so she lit it on fire.  Just as she was putting it in the fireplace, Nikki walked in (presumably to confess to Sharon that it was her that sent the text, not Victor), and that's where they left us today - until Monday!

Oh yes, the last scene shows Victor in some foreign port down at the dock where all the big ships come in and go out -

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Nikki was going to remarry Jack?  wow..this is bringing back some memories.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

She did remarry Jack.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Man you'd think they could find new spouses, I mean this people got divorced for a reason!!

I'm tempted to DVR it since I could sooo get into it again. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I emailed G.T. that Pumpkin didn't stop by so I ate:

2 cupcakes with a cup of milk

the leftover sliced cucumber

some peanut brittle

!!!

G.T. emailed back:

Lunch of champions!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Well you had to eat the cupcakes you put frosting on them :) 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Exactly!  After eating one, I thought, "Hmmm frosting isn't all that great.  Let me try one with chocolate frosting - "  that's how that came about.  I actually prefer the wowie cupcakes without frosting.  Anyway, the 4 remaining are in the freezer for some day I have the craving.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Before I head out I wanted to wish you all a good evening and a great weekend. Pingo, have a good flight on Sunday.

Thinking of you Amber and hope you are feeling better.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just read the last few posts in regard to the soap you are following. All this wife and husband swapping, I believe is due to the fact, they have contract with these actors. So they use the same actors and actresses over and over again different ways. I used to watch the Guiding Light a long time ago, and that one had the same mix match.
    Just spoke with TX son. He called to remind me, I have to leave my computer on here at the office, so I can reach it from Texas. He is so excited for me to come. I am too, I have to admit.
    On my way home. Looks like we are getting rain here. It turned very dark out. Have a good Friday night everyone. And a good weekend for the ones, who will not be on the forum.
    Hope we hear from Amber soon - Pingo