August 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Re: August 2012

Thanks for thinking of me TT.  Still feeling terrible, just can't keep anything down.  Called the doc yesterday and she was on vacaction.  So, the covering doc told me to stop trying to eat and just drink Pedialyte and broth and if it's not better by tomorrow to go to the ER (argh).  Not a good day today, but trying to eat an egg tonight.

Hope Kar is having fun with the triplets!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Do you have gaterade?  That will keep your electrolytes in sinc.  The important thing is to keep plenty of liquids (especially water) going into your system.  Don't worry about not being able to eat solids right now.  Did you mention your concern that it might be the new meds?  Cracked ice, popsicles, broth, weak plain tea, ginger ale.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,
    Hope you had a good night and are feeling better this morning, Princess.

Rain's coming, and I can smell the salt water this morning.  No seagulls yet.  Grey and dreary as tho it's going to be a downpour any minute.  Latest mason rescheduled his appt to today, but rain is not the condition I want to be standing out there in.

Went to bed before 9:00, so was up a little after 5:00 this morning.  Cats and me have all been fed, so want to take advantage of having a couple of extra hours and get up away from the computer and be doing something.  I'll check back in later in the day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning!  I think I may have turned the corner and am feeling better this morning!!!!!  Your good wishes have helped!  I was finally able to eat something this morning without any "issues."  Unfortunately, I have lost 6 lbs, so will have to work on gaining that back, but I am just so happy to be feeling better.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it lasts. 

I'm taking tomorrow and Friday off.  Just need to rest and build up again.  I am at least glad that I have been able to pull through and still come to work even though I have been feeling terrible.

TT - good luck with the Mason - hopefully you can dodge the raindrops.  You can always have him look at the stairs while you stay inside and then talk after.

Hope Pingo is having fun.

Amber - always thinking of you!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning! Princess, what a horrible time you've had - a 6 lb loss betrays a miserable time. :( Thankful to hear you've turned a corner, though, and will be praying it stays that way and yor feel better and regain. I wonder if you could cut down to part time at work. I know you enjoy it and there's the obvious ifnancial boost, but imaybe it makes sense to consider cutting back. Missed everyone yesterday, but had a wonderful time with the babies, mom, and 2 yo! OMG, though, that woman is seriously superwoman, I think. She never complains but only has two arms and three infants and a toddler...it's too much! I had one of the babies (not the same one) in my arms all day and even made cookies with one hand (not the oven part, of course)...well, about 80% of the process, anyway, lol. Found ingredients for a dinner I could make without a recipe and whipped that up in time for Daddy to come home and then was on my way. Got home at 8, tired but happy and relieved that even with all of life's unimaginablely huge changes we're closer than ever. We woke up at 5, an hour early, to the house shaking from thunder. Guess you saw Worcester county on the news by now for the ferocious storms! The garden is super happy - rain but no hail. :) DH picked a huge basket of nearly ready tomatoes for me to make another batch of canned sauce. This time I'm excited instead of petrified by the prospect. :) Have a great day, everyone, ~kar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Princess glad you feel a little better today.  Smart to take tomorrow and Friday off yo get yourself back on track. 

tt, you certaintly were up early, good idea to tackle some tasks before you get tied up on the computer.

Waiting to hear how Kar's day was with the triplets.

Pingo, hope you are having a lovely time in TX with DS and family.

Amber, hope you are doing well.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Sounds like a good day Kar.  Making cookies/dinner with one hand is one of the rest of multi tasking you do with a little one.  I'm sure mom was very happy that she had you there yesterday.  How thoughtful of you to make the family dinner. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Wow Kar - sounds like you were such a help yesterday.  I bet you are going to be getting many more invites in the future, lol!  I seriously don't know how people do it.  My cousin had triplets and then a "singleton" about 3 years later - argh. The triplets are in middle school now!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks! I had an indescribably wonderful time and wished we lived next door. Didnt feel like "helping" at all, just visiting, really. :) ETA: I don't know how they do it, either, but they are happy, healthy, and are really doing a phenomenal job.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hope everyone has had a wonderful day.  It's very quiet here today.  Have a good night everyone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Goodnight, Winter.

Busy day here, had GD this morning, for lunch, and cookie making.  I told her I t thought it was one of our most colorful batches:

Mason came and will call with a price in a day or two.

Have an early appt. tomorrow morning, so may not be on then either.  Have a good evening.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've had a mild migraine...sigh. I hope dh hikes after work so I can get a few things done before he gets home. :( Have a good night, winter

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT, I think you and the munchkin win the "Most Cookie Cutters Used in a non-Holiday baking session" prize.

These last few weeks before the start of school always make me antsy - you can't dream of what you will do, you need to do the stuff you planned to do and didn't get done, but you have all the stuff you have to start doing for the fall.  Already I only have one free weekend left in September, but it's still too hot...yuck.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Very pretty cookies, tt!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Princess-hope you are feeling better. Relax the next few days to try to get back on track.
    TT-you must have had fun with GD.

Kar-glad you had a nice visit with your friends. I bet they also wished you  lived next door!

Running over to neighbors. She had day surgery today, and will be out of work for a couple of weeks. BOUGHT a lemon pie for her-she has soup for tonight.  Tomorrow night I will cook dinner for her. Wish amber would check in />

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I bought a lemon pie today too, Tulips.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

I could not finish that last post--my computer, or the site-went a little crazy.

TT--shocked ! You, the queen of the bakers, buying a pie.

Hats-I feel like fall is coming, too.  I do love the fall, but hate to think of heating bills coming, and that 4 letter word SNOW.   UGH.
     I went over to my neighbors, and just knocked softly, but no one answered. Her husband is home with her, so maybe they both were sleeping. They had an early morning. I went around to the deck, and left the pie and card out there- it is screened in, so it is safe-they will see it from the kitchen .
    Bought a rotisserie chicken for tonight-just had a sandwich. Going to have a piece of pie-did I say I bought one for us, too?
    OK--I have a few things to do. Clean out fridge for trash nite, and I am going to move Kitty's box upstairs to the bathroom. No one uses it, really, so I figure it's a good place. I dont want it down the cellar, since I dont want to leave the cellar door open all the time, like I did for our last cat.
    Have a good nite----

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It will probably take her a while to remember each time where it is, so you may have some "accidents".

I haven't had any of the pie yet, it was an impulse buy - ran out to the store when I was hungry.  Big mistake.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Oh, yes--impulse buys ! The chicken was one, too. I had leftovers we could have eaten, but I , too, was hungry. I had to run home at lunch(hungry) time, and stopped at the store...
    Thanks for the tip--I have carried her up a few times now-I took her to the back hall , put her down on the floor where it was, to let her see it gone, then took her upstairs and put her in it. Hopefully she will remember, and wont have any accidents .

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  tt, what gorgeous and delicious looking cookies.  You had quite the little baker there.  The cookie making is such a wonderful memory she will always hold in her heart.

tulips that is so nice that you got your neighbor a pie and that you are making dinner for her tonight. 

Kar, sorry you had a migraine.  I think I'm getting one now and I'm at work :(.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Winter. I'm better today deapite having been awakened again by storms, well, by DH who was awakened by the storms, lol. Anyway, when I started to feel them come on at work I could usually nip them in the bud by taking a regular Dramamine with a regular Coke (the sugar and caffeine worked together with the Dramamine). It's the only time I ever have soda. Anyway, I'd say if I got it early enough it stopped about 80% of them from getting worse. I hope you have a "trick" that fends yours off, too. Mine worked for me because my migraine symptoms closely mimic severe motion sickness, but I know not all of them do, and not everyone can take Dramamine. Best!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Good morning all, looks like a lvely day, after the rain early this AM the sun is a welcome sight.
    Lemon pie....one of my favorites....one of my DD's and I share a lemon merangue at least once a year, we both love it.
    tt, hope you get a good price on your stairs.  The cookies look delectable, do the sprinkles have any flavor to them or do they just had color?
    Kar & Winter, hope you both feel better, Migraines are the pits, Thank goodness mine went away in my early 30's, they were a leftover from my spinal meninjitis.
    Going to Twin River today, I usually tell me friends no, but this time they seemed to be real insistent, so off I'm going....hope the slots are favorable.
    Take care all and will chat later. ss 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I too was awakened by the storms.  I am reading about WWI and so I half-woke and asked DH if it was a war.....and then kept waking up until 4:40 or so, and did not wake again until after 7:30.  So I am behind today.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Kar.  Usually caffeine can nip it for me, so that's what I'm trying.  ss, I like Twin River, wish they had bingo. 

I too could hear the stroms last night.  DH??? Sound asleep.  I'm such a light sleeper.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I hope it works this time, too. Do you get them from the atmospheric pressure changes? That's a real b*tch since you can't do anything to prevent that. :( I'm the sound sleeper in the family. Gracie and DH flop around and wake me up eventually. She's surprisingly loud in her crate, and she sighs and huffs and puffs, too, when something is keeping her awake - it's hilarious how much she sounds like a person. She's snoring away making up for her loss in beauty sleep right now, lol.