August 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: August 2012

In school I got them because of stress. Luckily, I didn't have one when I was pregnant. Not sure why I get them now, but I don't get them that often which is a good thing.

So I'm thinking of buying DS a new bed and mattress.  Currently he has a twin bed, with no headboard. His crib would have turned into a full size bed frame, but he was a bitter and it got ruined. Figure I'd just go up to a full size. Would also come in handy if we have a guest since we only have two bedrooms. Poor DS wakes up recently with a sore back and shoulder.  Think I'll take him out this weekend to look. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, if you can fit one, I suggest getting a queen if you see it being used for a guest bed. Couples really tend to suffer on a full sized mattress, and your son will appreciate the extra room long before it wears out. And, you'll have the queen frame long after a full would become impractical for him. That's great you don't get them much. Mine are sleep and stress related.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We have a queen...lol.  I don't think we'd have any guests other then my mom staying over; immediate family is all centrally located. A queen wouldn't fit, so a full it is.  Well maybe it would, but he'd have room for NOTHING else. At least I know that he won't be too tall for a full. My ex and I are pretty short, so the tallest he could get is 5'8. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, ok. My hubby is 6'2" and my family is on the large side so I see it through those glasses, lol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thought maybe I'd let him pick it out within reason.  If we keep his dresser it will need to be a dark cherry.  If we get a good deal then he can get bed and dresser. He has a good sense of style.  :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hello, back in.  Had planned on hitting a few stores, but after podiatrist appt. she always says, rest and take it easy for the rest of the day - I don't really know why, all she does is fit little lifts and wedgies in new shoes when I get them.  But I do what she says, she's the doctor. 

Sorry to hear of the migraines making their way around.  They can be triggered by so many things.  I always got one AFTER I had forged my way through some nerve wracking event, never during.

Good luck to SS at the slots today - I think they were so insistent on her going because she's had good luck winning the last couple of times she went to Foxwoods.  She's going to be their good luck charm today! 

Thinking of you, Amber and hoping you're feeling a lot better.  You too, Princess.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

How do the new shoes fit now tt?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

They always feel fine to me anyway - she just aligns according to  how she sees when I walk.

As for the new bedroom set, don't be surprised if now at your son's age, he may go for something completely different than you have in mind.  I'm sure he has his own image in his mind of how he wants his room to look.  I always let my boys have free reign on decorating their rooms - with the BIG exception of my oldest who when he got into his teens wanted to paint his room BLACK!  I let him get black scatter rugs and a black and white comforter and accessories, but the walls definitely not black.  After all, their room is their sanctuary.  As long as it's kept clean.  Neatness was not always something we agreed upon - when the 2 oldest were sharing a room in their teens, one took masking tape and put it down the center of the room, telling his older brother to keep his mess on HIS side of the room, and not to let it go over the line onto his.  I had 3 neatniks and 1 - what can I say !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

When we moved into the house we let him pick his own room paint colors. He asked if he could chose two colors. I asked what he had in mind. I took him to the Home Depot and he picked a dark blue and a nice orange. He said I'd like three walls orange and one wall blue. I agreed and it looks amazing people always comment on it. He then asked for orange curtains...and I found them, orange and white. I can't wait to see what he'll pick out. Since it's furniture it will have to be  strudy, etc. and not metal.

I'm struggling with the neatness thing currently with him. He thinks if he hides it under his bed it's neat!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Love your last sentence!!  LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm sure you've heard it. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, the old saying, "Out of sight, out of mind"!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes he asked me once why one I move the couch to vacuum under it since no one sees it!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be headed home some, have a good night everyone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning! Fall is in the air despite the forecast of near 90 temps. Wish this weather could last all year, hot days, cool nights, low humidity...perfect! Cleaned the house yesterday in preparation for spending all day making and canning the next batch of spaghetti sauce. Now that I've done it once, I'm ramping it up with add ins so I can just open and use as-is. My first batch is very plain and not as thick as I like so it will require additional prep when opened. Oh, well, I was far too nervous to go whole hog off the bat. Oh, I forgot to mention, we opened a can of peaches at the trip's house, and it made a loud POP!!! proving its seal's integrity. The sweet sound of success. And, the peaches were delicious. So, we have 12 more pints to open whenever that I have full confidence in. :) Where is Ambergirl? She has to be feeling better...I hope. Prin, how are you doing? Have a great day, everyone - here we go on the sauce or I'll be working on it too late in the day; I want to walk Gracie before dh comes home.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning Kar.  Sounds like your canning was a success. Bet they were good. I sent DS to camp with some cantaloupe in his lunch. He was pretty excited. He doesn't like all fruit, but he loves cantaloupe.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, winter. Guess what? This morning I sent dh to work with cantaloupe in his lunch,too, first time this year instead of watermelon. Funny!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Good day for doing more canning, Kargiver.  Coolish, like you say, the feel of Fall in the air.  Makes me realize how short a time is left to be able to get the fresh produce from the farmer's market that I've been enjoying.  They are only there until October 1st.  Then it's back to the tasteless supermarket stuff.

Getting the inspection sticker for my car and then a couple of quick errands, to be back here in case pumpkin comes by.  His grandparents haven't had him the last couple of Friday's, so no visit to Nana's.

Speaking of missing people, no Harry yet this morning. -- There he is, just checked and he was sitting practically on the bottom stair so I couldn't see him unless I went right to the door.  Now my work around here is done and I can get around and head out.

How is your son enjoying the summer camp, Winter?

Amber, how are you doing?  Is anyone staying with you, or you with them?  I imagine by now your dau has had to go back to work.  Wish you could manage a couple of lines to reassure us you're doing OK.

Princess, hope you are gaining your strength and pounds back too.

The week is almost over and we haven't heard from Pingo, so I guess they have kept her pretty busy in Texas doing fun things.  That was a nice surprise and change for her.

If anyone gets off for the week-end before I have a chance to get back on the boards, have a great one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, he loves camp. They don't have a pool, but usually he's in the pool at home by 5:30. Camp ends next Friday and then he'll have three sitters for the following week. He's soccer schedule will be starting up next week. First time playing where we live. He's also having an earlier birthday party, as he'd like it by the pool before it closes.

Too funny about the cantaloupe in DH's lunch. DS likes watermelon too. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I showed DS a bunch of pictures of beds from Jordans last night. This is what he likes right now. He said he liked the way it curved.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's a nice looking style, Winter.  Do they still have the rooms set up?  When I got my l.r. furniture there, I loved walking through and seeing what the room actually would look like.  Good luck with the shopping, seems as tho he has a pretty good idea of what he likes.  He'll be so glad to get into a larger bed.  

Having an early b'day party at the pool is a fun idea.  -  Hard to believe kids' schools start next week, isn't it?  GD who was over making cookies said she can't wait for school to start, she's bored.  Meant to take a pic of her and her American Girl doll - you can order one that looks like the child - same hair and eye color, and hers even had a little apron that she wore over.  GD and I both had flour on ours, so she dabbed a bit on the doll's too!  I had saved a gift box from years ago that is shaped like a small hat box, complete with ribbon handles. Gave that to her to put the dolls clothes in, for when she's making a day trip.

Got to get around now.  Have a good day everyone.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I think they do still have the rooms set up. At least they did a year and a half ago when we bought our furniture. I just showed him some pictures on the computer. Thought we'd take him there on Saturday. I'm actually not sure he will like the footboard, though he thinks he will. I discovered that they sell it without it. I can't believe school is starting soon, he starts the 4th. I'm sure your GD and her doll look adorable in their aprons. That box you gave her seems like something I would have loved for my doll's clothes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, I would have loved it for my doll's clothes too, guess that's why I hung onto it all these years, waiting for the right time and person to give it to.  Yesterday just worked out perfectly, because she had brought the doll over in boots and then when she got here changed her into shoes, and after baking, took her apron off.  

Brush my teeth, and then I'm out the door.  Nice out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Love that bed, Winter! He does have good taste. :) If you want him to get it without the footboard, just tell him how it's FAR easier and quicker to make the bed without having to stuff everything down between the mattress and the footboard.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, that's so cute that she changed her shoes according the surroundings.

Kar, thanks he does have great taste. That's what I'm going to do. I'll have him "help" me make ours. It's a sleigh bed with a footboard, I think that will convince him.

Sections
Shortcuts