August 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: August 2012

We have a sleigh bed, too, and I HATE making it, especially when I change the sheets, but the everyday is a pain, too. I like how it looks, but a teenage boy isn't going to want to fuss with that, I bet! Lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

That's what I'm thinking...lol.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I was going to get him one of those beds with storage underneath, but DH is going to put some shelves in a very small closet in DS' bedroom. He has two closets and one can't fit a hanger, but it would work for shelves for him to put games, etc. on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I had a bed with those built in drawers, and it was awesome! He could use the drawers plus what Dad builds...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes but the one with the bed is a lot more plus it has a foot board and it's bigger overall.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, so much to consider! The house is starting to smell distinctly of tomatoes. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, I'm back a lot sooner than expected.  Got sticker ok, but then went to go to the little boutique in Melrose that I like, and the road had police yellow tape across both sides, you could go no further.  I'll have to watch the noon news and see what is going on.  There is a much longer round about way I could have gone, but I decided it was a sign I wasn't supposed to go out there today.

When I got home a message from the mason who came yesterday.  He's completely out of the ballpark, ridiculous price.  Scamming an old lady??  I think not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMG, Icer, did you see the very opening shot where Phyllis tells Tim she is "going to blow his mind" - - - and she's holding a bottle of pills in her hand?!  She means it literally!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

This day is just dragging along.  Anyone have any weekend plans?  I need to take DS to get shoes for school, to Jordan's and probably pick up the last of his school supply list. I can't forget the sanitizer...just don't get the obsessions with that.  I think it makes you more sick...lol.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm heading out soon. Have a good night everyone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sorry I missed your post, you're probably gone by now, but we're going to a BBQ at sil's Sunday and I'll be making a garden veggie plate with baba ganoush dip for that on Saturday. I've been working on the spaghetti sauce all day and just got it in the canner. Haven't even showered yet! Have a great weekend, everyone, ~kar

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning all
    I'm back!  Haven't caught up on posts yet, but wanted to thank you all for the good wishes.  Turns out I had a bad reaction to a new medication.  I had to go to the hsp for a couple of days but feel SO much better!  Yippee!

Will go off to see mom today - hope to catch up later.   Have a great day everyone!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Glad to see your post, Princess.  So glad it turned out to be something that could be easily remedied by getting you off that med.  Stay well.

Early morning fisherman on Lake Winnie - courtesy of G.T.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great news, prin!! Hope the wellness trend continues - take care of yourself and listen to your body. :) Tt, gorgeous photo, so serene. I'm reprocessing sauce I made the mistake of adding olive oil to ( a canning no no) and forgetting the lemon juice...no so important with pressure canning, but still. Botulism is colorless and tasteless and doesn't have to show any outward signs of spoilage and is deadly. So, as much as it disappointed me, I had I unseal my gorgeous jars from yesterday's endeavor and can them over again. Phone... ETA: neighbor called for dh, but he's out with Gracie. 8 more minutes before the heat goes off and I can stop babysitting this thing. We better not die of botulism poisoning after all this trouble.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Princess-glad you are feeling better,and they resolved the problem. Feel better! Funny-we all seem to have sleigh beds. Def a pain to make, but I do think the footboard keeps it together better.
    Nice pic, TT.
    Kar-do you have to throw out the tomatoes with the EVOO? Why is that a no no?
    My neighbor is doing great after her surg--they did it laproscopically, so it was  much easier. Cooked dinner for her Thurs night, and last night we brought over pizza and ate with them. We are going to a party tonight for a while. One couple is picking us up, and we will stay for 2-3 hrs, so that will be enough for DH. Not sure if I really want to go or not, but it will be nice to see some friends we have not seen for about a year.
    We have never been to this couple's house before-they are friends of friends who we only see at large parties, but we like them. So I guess I need to find a little gift to bring.
    Planning on taking DH for a haircut-feeling lazy, though. Have to do some laundry, too, so I will have something to wear tonight. Procrastinator!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Just heard the bang of the pressure lock as it fell indicating I need to take the rocker off. Another call, fil for dh, still gone. Anyway, I took the rocker off, waited the 10 minutes required, opened e canner and removed the jars. Double processing them darkened the sauce quite a bit, but I'm guessing that's ok. I'm already hearing the pings of good seals. :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tulips, oil is a no no because it insulates some of the contents of the jar from getting to the required temp for the necessary amount if time, possibly - there's no way to know if the processing poundage and time will be sufficient because of the insulation of the oil. However, a little bit is ok so before I dumped the contents into a pot, I stuck paper towels in the top and soaked up enough for me to feel comfortable it would not be a concern. I read about this hazard after I used the oil to sauté the veggies and didn't think a thing about it, whoops. It's a great day to get up and out and enjoy - carpe diem, tulips!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Passing boats:

Lake is quiet today:

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

TT---Are you away, or is GT sending these to you?  Looks like a nicer day up there, than here.
     Kar--I did--back from taking DH for his haircut, and quick trip to the hardware  and liquor store.
    My sister stopped by while we were out, and dropped off some garden tomatoes! I can't wait to eat them tomorrow!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm living vicariously through G.T.'s stay on his friend's boat at Lake Winnie this week-end.  He's sending me the photos.  Here's one driving through Weirs Beach Boulevard - after they docked.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Very nice!  He is SO thoughtful. Glad he has nice weather up there-sounds like fun
    to stay on a boat !  Playing Mahjong--I went back to the mindjolt mahjong for a change-the one I go to has simple and traditional- the simple on is colored numbers and letters.  Nice for a change-I alternate. I had beaten the dimensions one about 10 times-that is fun, too-it is a timed one with three levels before you run out of time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I don't like the dimensions.  Turn the sound off whenever I am playing any games. I play the "mahjong tiles", Bookworm, and Bejeweled 3.  Got up to level 9 on the Bejeweled 3 before I ran out of moves, once or twice.

Had taken knitting out yesterday, but really don't feel like going back to that afghan, besides I didn't buy enought yarn at the beginning so never will be able to match some squares now, but today remembered a pair of pillow cases I had bought to embroider for pumpkin's mother.  Took them out this afternoon and did some work on them while watching Chef Masters.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

I always have the sound  off, too. The dimensions ticked me off. The first time I won, all it says is "You won". I wanted something more-not even a congratulations, afte  it drove  me crazy for months ! How patheic is that!   One  of the mahjong games you at least get an exploding volcano!!  hahaha. 
    My mother does the embroidered pillowcases , too.  I love them 
    Something wrong here--skipping letters and pausing --have to wait for each letter to appear

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I don't get the exploding volcano on MSN.  With the computer I had previously and those games I used to get that and loved it.

Does your mother buy her pillowcases at Michael's?  That's where I get mine.  Used to order them from a catalog when the grandkids were small, and got some cute ones through there to embroider when they were pre-school.  My DIL tells me that she still has one pair I did for GD who is now 17.  I remember at the time her favorite colors to put together were pink and orange!  So, that's what I did.  "Sweet Dreams" was the name of that one.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Glad you got out to enjoy the day, tulips, and dh got his haircut. Tt, loving the photos of Lake Winnie area. Had my first bad canning experience. Reprocessing the sauce ruined it. :( live and learn. It's really a shame, the sauce started out elegant.

Sections
Shortcuts