August 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: August 2012

Oh, please don't punish us for my choice of words - the first definition I found for adorable says, "Very attractive, charming, and lovable."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, it's not just your words - Ms. Icer is in this too with her "nice pumpkin pictures".

Learned my lesson, that's the chance you take when you post personal pics.

Cheerio, never mind.  Go back to sleep sweetheart.  Mom's not taking any pics of you today.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, my, and I'm the one in a bitter mood? LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have you forgotten about your upcoming visit with BIL for a few minutes?  LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What visit? ;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Are you in a bad mood today, tt? I should be the one being in bad mood. I wrote a nice post as soon as you had posted your pictures and told you, how gorgeous (yes, I did use the word gorgeous) and lovable your pumpkin is. But BDC wouldn't let me submit it. Argh! BDC did it again - nothing has changed.
    Anyway, I don't think Kar used the wrong word. He is definitely beautiful and adorable. I would love to hug him. And please go back and read Icer's post one more time. She said nice pictures - not nice pumpkin. At least that is the way, I read it.
    Hope your evening is better - Pingo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm not in a bad mood.  My reaction would have been/would be the same anytime.  He is a beautiful child and when I posted the pics I expected/assumed (the two words we know can get us into trouble) that reaction.  Enough about him.  It all was done partly tongue in cheek anyhow.  Call it Irish wit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I was laughing with you, tt! Sarcasm can be lost in this medium, but I have a sharp eye for it, lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Phew! I thought for a moment here, tt - you had become a cranky old lady. I am not good at recognize sarcasm.
    Glad we got all that out in the open - Pingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I come from a family of teasers.  I remember it could be pretty hard for some of my boyfriends - they didn't know how to take it.

Wow, the heavens have opened up here - pouring right now, but somehow feels like it's only going to last the length of a summer shower.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My mom has a fabulous sense of humor and loves a good joke and to laugh, but sarcasm is not only lost her, but even if you explain it as "funny" she does NOT find the humor in it. I, on the other hand, think that in and of itself is hilarious. It poured and was very dark in the town next to ours on my way home, and I feared Gracie would be soaked, but we haven't gotten a drop!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Pumpkin---
    So CUTE I want to GOBBLE HIM UP! And SQUEEZE him !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sounds like you think he's ADORABLE, hee, hee, hee!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thank you Tulips.  I can see you're saying it with feeling!

How was your day today?  Better than yesterday?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Hi TT--Yes, MUCH better. Thanks for remembering.
    Yes, Kar--he is ADORABLE !

Just colored my hair-was supposed to get a cut tonight, but my neighbor, who is my hairdresser, forgot to bring scissors home, so we will do it tomorrow night. \Did I telll you I have a girls weekend coming up? Leaving mid day Friday for the cape with two best GFs. Third one can't make it.  We will have FUN--and lots of wine and food. Can't wait--we all need it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Watch out for the sharks and EEE mosquitoes - not to be a killjoy or anything, just take precautions.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Thanks-but will  not be in the water at all -unless  it's in her pool-which may not be up this year.    Mosquitos would be the biggest threat. A fan on the deck will take care of that, though--that is a good reminder.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Which sharks, tt? The two legged ones?
    - Pingo

In Response to Re: August 2012:
    [QUOTE]Watch out for the sharks and EEE mosquitoes - not to be a killjoy or anything, just take precautions.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

How could you forget? That sounds like a fun trip. Have a great time, but watch out for the sharks. Is you neighbor going with you?
    - Pingo

[QUOTE]Thanks-but will  not be in the water at all -unless  it's in her pool-which may not be up this year.    Mosquitos would be the biggest threat. A fan on the deck will take care of that, though--that is a good reminder.
    Posted by tulips1954[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

No, not my neighbor--I wish she was, but it was not my place to invite her.
    We were originally going in town for the day, but then J offered house, and for the weekend-so that was better. Just wine and food-sit on the deck-maybe a little shopping-or not!  Last year, two of us stayed at the Long Wharf Marriott-that was fun.  It is my birthday, and they are so nice to me (because of DH-they think I need breaks) . But I got THEM presents ! hahaha-can't wait to suprise them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

[QUOTE]Which sharks, tt? The two legged ones? - Pingo In Response to Re: August 2012 :
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

Good one pingo!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning all.  TT - wow, I can't believe how big (and gorgeous, handsome, etc.) pumpkin is getting!  The expression on his face is priceless!Went to go see the dog trainer yesterday, he was very impressive, had a great facility, and really devouts his life to this.  He also has quite a resume.  We are still trying to decide which route we will take.  We still may send her to his "boot camp," (for $2K, lol), but we'll see.  As of right now, we got her a prong collar an will keep a leash on her in the house to correct her when we can.  We'll get there.Have a doctor's appt today and am a nervous wreck.  I hope my bloodwork comes back okay.  I have been postponing this appt for so long that my doc finally called me to get in there.  Yikes!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning, Princess

Thank you for your remarks about pumpkin.  He is the light of our lives right now.

Glad you came away liking what you saw and heard with the dog trainer.  Were you able to see how he handles the dogs that are in boot camp?  Is it a one on one for different problems, or a group?  Trying to correct it at home first as you opted, seems to me to be the wise choice.

Good luck at the doctor's today, I have good feelings about it.

Today's a stay home day for me, no rushing around to get out.  Have the windows open, but already it feels muggy, no usual nice cool breeze coming in.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  I've been out for two days and told not to use the computer.  I wear hard contact lenses for a condition and Tuesday one broke in my eye and I now have a tear that could leave permanent damage to my vision. 

Glasses can't help my vision, so I am wearing those now but I don't see nearly as well.  I'm at work today, but not sure how long that is going to work out for.

Seems like everyone has had a busy couple of days.  Glad the trips are good Kar.  Pingo, how long is your son visiting?  Tulips sounds like a nice trip you are planning.  PC wish you luck with Tillie. tt, that pumpkin is such a beautiful child.  He's very expressive and has a wonderful smile.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Prin, $2k? Wow! We use a prong collar, and it works great. Gracie doesn't really mind it, per se, because when she hears it jingle she bolts over and dips her head down for me to put it on - she knows it's walk time! But, it does keep her in line so it must bother her just enough to be effective. I'm sure he helped you with the fitting, but just in case, they do not fit loosely like choke chains that fit over the dog's head. Prong collars must fit snugly just under their ears around the upper part of the neck and stay there, not slide down to the base of their neck where they are not sensitive to the pressure (and it takes too long to apply the pinch correction because there's too much slack). So, you have to actually unhook the chain and place it on the dog because for it to fit properly it cannot be large enough to slide over the head. I saw someone in the park with a very badly behaved dog with a prong collar that hung down like a gangster's chain necklace down below its shoulders. I asked if he wanted help, and he gratefully accepted. I took 4 big links out of the collar and showed him how to correct the dog with a well placed, good fitting correction collar. He had instant compliance, a dog who was eager to please, and he finally had hope that he'd be able to teach his dog to walk nicely on a leash. Yay! (For anyone lurking who thinks this is abusive, I'm not going to respond if that accusation is made.) Best wishes with tillie and the bloodwork. I'm sure you feel when it's not within range, right?