August 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: August 2012

Was the party just a get together for the sake of getting together, or for a special reason, Hats?  Always seems to much easier in the summer to pull those things together.

Now, I am getting up and hitting the shower!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Just for getting together....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Was chatting on line with UK son for over an our. It is bank holiday over there today, so he is at home. He bought a desk and a chair and wanted to get a lumbar support, like the one I have. Found it for him on his Amazon.UK Prime. Amazing, how small the world have become with the internet.
    Tulip, your description of Ina Garten's radishes, made me smile. It was a common thing in my home. My Dad would bring in a bunch from the garden, mom would clean them, but leave the greens on and we would hold the greens and eat the radish dipped in a mixture of salt and black pepper. It went exceptionally well with an open cheese sandwich. Delicious! I still serve them here that way, even though I don't grow them. I often slice them and stick them in a stirfry at the last minute. They go well with asparagus and always add a nice crunch to a dish. But we prefer them raw in the Pingo household.
    I can just imagine Cheerio smile, when you opened the blinds, tt. That was one of the morning rituals my DIL had for her kitties too. But she would also open the window a couple of inches, and they would immediately jump up on the window sill sticking their little noses out as far as the screen would let them.  Boy, did they love that.
    Kar, you can't hide your excitement over your mom's visit. That is so cute. I am sure she must be looking as much forward to it as you do. Will DH have finished his cleansing by then? How is he doing - lost any weight?
    Winter, it looks like you are going to have a nice day for your DS's birthday party. Hopefully his bed will be all set up by then, so he can show it off to his friends. I once had cake from BJ's at a friend's house. It was a carrot cake and absolutely delicious.
    DH and I have decided to give ourselves a new juicer for our anniversary. I do have a nice Omega juicer, but it is such a pain to clean, and it does not discard the waste, which means I cannot juice continuously. I am looking into one of the slow, masticating juicers. Have any of you tried them or know anything about them?
    Well, the office is calling - better get off this computer (only to open up another one). Have a good day all - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, once I get moving, I can get a lot done.  Showered, dressed, bed made, cards and bills addressed and in mail slot.  So nice to be able to lounge around, tomorrow I'll have to be out by 9:00, so will stick around home today.  Cheerio is following me from room to room, hoping I'll head upstairs.  She doesn't get up there unless I'm up there  working around  - she works on the barracade I have set up at the attic door, trying her darndest to get in there, and that's one place in the house she can't go - afraid she'll fall, or more likely purposely crawl, down inside the walls.

Have to start a list of things to get done, places I need to go, this week.  One is, I want to get out the camera book and see if there is any kind of an adjustment I can make on that delayed flash.  Takes great pictures all except for that one feature.  I miss so many good pics because it doesn't flash when I have the pic I want in sight.  As long as I'm in today, think I'll start by washing down the woodwork.  Little fingers get smudges lower down than where I usually swipe a rag!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

G.T. said the big difference was that the Armenian recipe also chopped pistachios in with the walnuts.  He said every recipe he scanned was a little different.  I think he's is right in that each family's evolves over the years to their particular taste.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes Pingo it should be a nice day. I just read that it should be 90 on Saturday. I'm pretty sure his bed will be ready to show (hopefully with comforter). Jordans should call Wednesday with a time window. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Forgot all about Labor Day Monday. Sounds like you all are going to or having parties. Maybe I should get my act together and have a few people over for a cook out. Probably last call before the summer is over. We used to have a large cookout for all family and friends with their families. But that was then. Now I can't do that any longer. 10 to 12 people suit me a lot better these days.

tt, delayed flash. It sounds like you have set up the camera, so you yourself can be in the picture. You know, they set it up, push the button - then run like crazy to stand w/ the family. There should be a button on the front or top of your camera saying "delayed flash". Push that and it should shut it off. You push the same button to turn it on and off. - Pingo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Back from the chiro straightened out for now, ha ha. Gorged on a diner breakfast afterwards; I was uncharacteristically starving. Stocked up on TJ's goodies for my folks. Yes, Pingo, indeed - we are SO PUMPED to have them come and can hardly wait. They are big meat fans so I got pork tenderloin and individually packaged chicken breasts. Not sure what I'll do with them yet. DH wants one dinner to be a picnic so I had to find some low carb, diabetic-friendly wraps for sandwiches; thank goodness for TJ's - I found exactly what I was looking for. We'll have zucchini pickles with the sandwiches, low carb and yummy. I wonder if they like egg salad...can't remember. Local friend is coming over soon to take a walk with me and Gracie and to swap canning recipes. She described her eggplant recipe "to die for." Unfortunately, DH said ours are about GONE, and I haven't even put any up. Used them in soup and the dip I took to SIL's party. Usually, they flower and produce longer into the season. Next year, DH will plant with my canning in mind. tt, guess I can't help with your browser issue. Maybe Tulips can use my tip. I'm thinking of Ambergirl, too. It's been too long...starting to get really worried. My mom felt a lot better after her heart surgery in this amount of time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I too am starting to worry about Amber, but we haven't heard from her daughter. Hope she is doing well and getting stronger everyday. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, that we haven't heard from her DD gives me hope she's just busy, and I know she didn't have a computer and posting 100% from a smart phone is a pain. Getting to the library very often is probably not possible. tt, meant to mention the camera. There's a delayed flash and there's an auto-focus shutter delay. Do you know which it is for sure? If it's the flash, you can manually turn off the flash. If it's the shutter delay, which I suspect from your description of what happens, that's impossible to do anything about, unfortunately. Older digital cameras have that problem, but most of the newer ones have far shorter shutter delays. When you shop for your next one, ask the salesperson for one with a negligible shutter delay since that's one of your must-haves.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I got the book out and it tells me what to click once I bring up the menu.  Haven't tried it yet, has a 2 second and a 10 second and I suspect mine someone got on the 10 second.

Ran up to Trader Joe's for a couple more packs of the organic cranberries.  Going to try one of the oatmeal/cranraisin cooky recipes this afternoon and would need them for the scones for this week-end anyway.  Love the color of the organic ones, so bright.  Picked up a couple of bananas and some romaine while I was there in case I don't get to the farmers tomorrow because of rain.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, if the delay is THAT long, the timer definitely got set by accident. Easy enough to do. I had to BEG DH not to fuss around with the buttons when we first got the camera because he'd ball it all up and then hand it to me to fix. Um, really? LOL! I am good with electronics, generally, but I don't find this camera particularly intuitively designed. Somtimes it would take me 30 minutes to undo what he did in 30 seconds. Same with the TV, cable, reciever, DVD player configuration. He hands me the remote and invariably exclaims, "The remote is broken, again." He carcks me up; he's very smart and utterly gifted in the workshop and the garden in particular, but electronics is not one of his interests or fortes. ETA: My friend is late...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Uhu! Are we having rain tomorrow?
    tt, if I remember correctly, your camera is fairly new, so I don't believe it is a shutter problem. If you can't figure it out yourself and are afraid of ruining the camera, a good photo shop can help you. There is a friendly one in Redstone Shopping Center in Stoneham right next to DD. DH had some problem with a tilted lens or something like that, and the gentleman spent over an hour fixing it w/o a charge. Then DH asked him to trade it in for a new camera. He was told, "Please don't do that. Keep it, it is an antique and very valuable. They don't make cameras like that anymore". He bought it in 1968 and I suppose that is antique
    according to camera standards. - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

There is a camera shop next to DD at Redstone shopping Center?? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

We are supposed to get rain tomorow...Ive made baklava with almond too

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

First tray is in the oven, waiting to see how much they spread (I don't want them to spread) before putting next tray in.  If it's not to my liking will add more oatmeal to the rest of batter.

My GD does beautiful photography.  She is the one interested in being a vet, but while going to Essex Aggie also took photography (of animals), and now everyone in the family asks her to do the photographs at showers, parties, etc. She has a really nice camera, and I know she could figure this one out.  I did find the flash adjustment button, but I'm not sure I've got it set right now.  Will see if she can stop over sometime this week between school and her job at the vets and take a look at it for me.  Don't know tho, they are adopting a beautiful pup that was brought in to the vets by the dog officer,  Well, pup, but it's got the face of a mastiff!  I think they're getting him this week, so at the least I've got to alert DIL that the flash may be fixable, I think she was going to get me a new camera for Christmas, and I really like this simple one.

Just peeked and oh, they are looking good and smelling even better.

Icer, where do you keep yourself?  You hardly ever post any more, and then it's only a one liner.  You used to always be there to have my back.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

And the raw batter, you would definitely love, Kargiver - I've even succombed to a couple of smidgins.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, I want cookie dough, now, and oatmeal is one of my favorites. None of them would have a chance to spread in the oven if I'd made them! I hope they stay thick, tt. Just got back from a lovely walk with my friend and Gracie. A little warm, but we were in the shady woods most of the time so not bad. Now, on to cleaning with dr. Phil in the background...wonder what mayhem is on today.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Help yourself -

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

A masterful execution! They look thick and chewy...are they to your satisfaction?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

They are, nice and chewy.  I've raised my children well - sent pic to G.T. and this was his reply: (like mother, like son)

Those look great.  Nice to have 2 with vanilla ice cream sandwiched in between. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

On tt, those look wonderful. I like the way G.T. thinks. How are Norma and Desmond?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Norma and Desmond are living together peacefully - most of the time.  He still goes after her at times, but she gives it right back.  Haven't heard any worried comments from G.T. since that one time.

Kargiver, wasn't Dr. Phil cute -"I'd LOVE to have red hair"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

"...or, chartreuse...anything!!" Yeah, it was totally hilarious, and his Robin's expression, too!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hope you had a chance to see "latest pic of the bad boy" (Desmond) - I deleted it, he doesn't like me posting pics of his house.

Sections
Shortcuts