August 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: August 2012

Shoot, I missed it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Sorry I have not been here to get your back...I much prefer your front anyway"}

I have been doing a lot of soul searching lately...I think I may be looking to move from this town I used to love so much...Life just has been getting me down lately so...I don't feel I have anything of value to share..sorry. My motivation is kind

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I missed it too, rats. Glad they are getting along better. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

How is Zach Icer? I'm sure he brings a smile to your face. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Icer, so sorry to hear that you are troubled.  Is there anything you can pinpoint about your town that is getting you down?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be leaving at four today as my son has a doctor's appointment. Hope everyone has a nice night.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer, that's not so.  Something particular must have happened there to make you feel that way.  You've always been so involved in community activities.  I can't imagine you ever feeling you'd want to leave.  As for nothing to share here - my gawd I just ramble.  My daily life certainly isn't anything earth shattering, probably pretty dull and boring to a lot of younger lurkers.  You don't need something interesting to pop in here daily and say hi and what you're up to that day.  Your baking adventures alone are certainly a lot more that any of us do.  And, that beautiful new baby - Picture chatting over the backyard fence with a neighbor - that's what we are - neighbors.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Icer, that's how my major depression started. I felt listless and down for no discernable reason, and it slowly spiraled out of control. I hope you'll be watchful of feeling worse, especially if you can't pinpoint the reason. By the time I gt help I was very bad off because I didn't realize what was happening along the way. I don't have enough information to know if this is a risk you, but the information I have prompts me to mention this. As for interesting posts, even I can admit that homemade zucchini pickes are not really intrinsically interesting, lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Our Health agent has ben unreasonable and I feel that I can no longer work here...but anywho.you asked about Zacary

Here's looking at you kids!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMG how precious.  There is an adorable baby rollerskating video on youtube, I'm going to post the site, if I can do it right, for you to laugh, Icer.  I'll be back.  Have your sound on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

That really is cute

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Well, Icer, I can certainly understand that the health agent makes you want to move.  I hope that you have let the mayor/board of selectmen/town manager - which ever prevails in your town - know that he is crushing your entreprenurial spirit!  I remember your battle over his belief that you used too high a bleach concentration in cleaning your counters.  Tough but I do think that if you characterize it as anti-business you have a better chance of being listened to.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Icer--- He is adorable--put quite a smile on my face! I feel that way a lot-that I don't have much to say. TT, Pingo, and Kar all have a way with words.
    Pingo-My husband used to juice--he burned one juicer out. The second one was a Jack LaLane -all stainless. I wish I could give it to you-it does not get any use anymore. Ina served the radishes with the greens on--just as you described. Maybe I should try them .
    Kar--good luck with the prep for your mom and dad! Exciting to have a nice long visit.
    TT--cookies look great-as always!
    Took DH for a checkup--he lost another 6 lbs. They are not happy with the weight loss--Dr told him he gives him permission to eat all junk. They decided to keep him off the meds for another month, then do a scan. They are disappointed he did not get any energy back, being off them for a good 4-5 weeks now. He does not get sick, but just sleeps, and really not much appetite. At least he has no pain-I am very thankful for that.
    He wanted a meatloaf  so DS has one in the oven for him. I ate already, having skipped lunch. I had leftover scampi--still delicious, and still more here. I made too much!
    Gotta finish laundry I started last night!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I'm glad to have given you a smile Tulips...so sorry about your hubands weight loss though...I know how tough that can be

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Tulips, sorry to hear about your husband's weight loss.  How about some ice cream sodas or shakes you can make at home and load with ice cream?  Or, how about you bring him here for a couple of weeks, while I bake? LOL  Speaking of which, I brought a tin of the cookies over to GS's this afternoon and he devoured about 6 while I was there.  Was taking the rest and keeping the tin in his room.

Meatloaf sounds good, Tulips.  Haven't had that in a long time.  I just cooked up some rotini and put butter and parmesan on it, topped off with milk and a couple of cookies from the dozen I kept home for myself.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

How can you get logged out when you have not gone out?????
    TT--I have his bags packed- calling a cab right now. He should be there in under an hour. I only ask one thing--send  me goody bags once you are sending him home. 

Milk shakes was something the Dr. mentioned. I need to get a blender--mine broke and I have not replaced it. I do have ice cream he can eat, though.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm so susceptible to the the power of suggestion - Just made myself a strawberry milk shake!  I'll have another one in the blender ready to go when he gets here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

There used to be. I hope it is not gone - it was a nice store and very friendly help. Havent gone by there for awhile. Will have to check it out.
    In Response to Re: August 2012:
    [QUOTE]There is a camera shop next to DD at Redstone shopping Center?? 
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

great--he loves strawberry! thanks again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Eggnog made with cream and real eggs and sugar and vanilla!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Hats----My mother used to make me eggnog--I needed to gain weight when I was little. Wish I had that now !  I will mention that to him-not sure if he will go for it--maybe if I get a little rum or brandy???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

For a quick eggnog fix, you can try this recipe for one serving: In a blender, mix 1-2 raw eggs, 6 ounces heavy cream, 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. Blend for 30 seconds and serve dusted with nutmeg.

ETA:  Try freecycle to ask for a blender.  I have one that I would give if someone like you asked for one to make nourishing drinks for a sick person.  Go to:

http://www.freecycle.org/

Enter your town name, and see if you can find a group near you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tulips, what discouraging news, hugs! Maybe this second month off the meds will bring change - it can take a long time for those toxins to stop wreaking havoc, as you know, of course.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Icer - Zach is adorable!  Sorry you are going through a hard time.  Hate that we all seem to hit them at some point.

Tulips - sorry your DH has lost some weight.  I have been trying to gain some weight myself, and have been resorting to nutritional drinks (Ensure, Boost).  They come in all different flavors (even puddings, etc.) and do containa lot of nutrition.  My problem is I really have an aversion to anything sweet, so sometimes they are hard for me to get down.  However, my DH (who has a GIANT sweet tooth) loves them, lol. 

Have Fri - Tues off, so looking forward to that.  Not sure if DH is going to take the time or not.  Still trying to get strong enough so I can book that monstrous vacation, lol.  Now, if DH and I could just agree on where to go, lol.  I want to go to Greece but he doesn't.  We'll probably end up somewhere tropical.  I was thinking perhaps St. Lucia or something.  Who knows. 

Well, enough of my rambling.  What's everyone got on the docket today?  Me, just working away, but I do peek in at the boards!  I love keeping up.  I do miss Amber though and hope we hear from her soon.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,
    Glad to see it's not a pouring rain this morning.  It's hardly even showering here, just a light misty on and off again drizzle.  Muggy as all get out tho.

Princess, good for you having 4 days off.  It's coming at just the right time for you to rest up a little.  Deciding where to take that vacation when it comes, can be as much fun with the actual planning, as going.  You want to make sure you are really at peak health then tho, because as enjoyable as a trip is, it's tiring.  What you don't want is to land up having to be hospitalized in a foreign country.

Have to be out of here in 45 minutes, so had better make a quick decision right now whether I can get away with wearing these sweats without them being pressed.  The way they hung in the closet left the sides, outside sides of course, wrinkled.  You know what?  It's a drizzly day anyway, so who's to notice.

Hope you are feeling better, Icer, and more leaning towards taking Hats' advice about the health agent.  Sounds as tho you may have crossed him at some point and he's on a bit of a power trip.  Don't let him be the deciding factor for you leaving a town you have loved and given so much to, both you and Honey.

Sections
Shortcuts